Naruto (Spoilers ITT)

Eh even though they managed to land a hit on him, he'll probably douse the flames quickly and use some inane recovery technique...

Kinda neat how the 2nd is the true originator of the flying thunder god technique, they kept saying how he was a master of space-time ninjutsu, but he's never used any until now. Kinda lame in retrospect how he was killed off by a mere 20 ninjas considering the 4th wiped out divisions with it...

I want to see the 4th's long-winded name technique already, he's been announcing he's going to use it for the last how many chapters, but has yet to get it off...

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm just happy that a sense of strategy, as well as the whole elemental circle thing (excuse my buffy speak) is made prominent in this chapter. I also like how Tobirama had his moment in the spotlight. As for the being killed by 20 or so ninjas, don't forget that those 20 happened to be the Kinkaku Force, who were Kumogakure's elite fighters.

i remember way too much for my own good

I'm just happy that a sense of strategy, as well as the whole elemental circle thing (excuse my buffy speak) is made prominent in this chapter. I also like how Tobirama had his moment in the spotlight. As for the being killed by 20 or so ninjas, don't forget that those 20 happened to be the Kinkaku Force, who were Kumogakure's elite fighters.

True but still, unless Tobirama's technique is weaker than Minato's, he should have just been about untouchable flying around and hacking down each foe.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Okayish chapter, it felt like padding though. Obito's going to be all "Bahahaha fools" next chapter, seen it a million times before.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

True, the entire war arc has basically been devaluing all the themes and subplots Kishi built up all these years with arcs such as the Chuunin exams. We're still seeing flashes of old Kishi in there somewhere, but overall this war arc has been awful and the series went downhill after the Pein arc. I swear Kishi intended to end the series right around the Pein arc but decided to extend the series ~100 chapters last minute.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Holy shit, teamwork and strategy in Naruto! Who'da thunk?

It's interesting, but Kishi is managing to show here and there in this war that he is the one who wrote Naruto's earlier brain-twister battles (the ones that were good).

Still annoyed that a Rasengan to the face only broke the guys mask. I mean fuck, what is it made of? Deoxys-D?

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Still annoyed that a Rasengan to the face only broke the guys mask. I mean fuck, what is it made of? Deoxys-D?
252 / 252+ Bold Multiscale Lugia, or whatever is the strongest physical wall in all of Pokemon.

e: This was a good way to use up my 800th post. Yay! /s

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd be pretty happy if Sauske used Izagni and that other one (the infinite loop) against Obito at this point, blinding him, a fitting end to a man who relied on his eyes so much, but securing the victory. This way Sauske loses his sight but can completely gain the 'sight' of what the village needs (see: Roy Mustang, Full Metal Alchemist). Obito wouldn't end until he had a change of heart and Sauske would prove himself of being Hokage. Naruto will most likely become an S-Class nin due to his supreme role in the war (like the Sennins, or even the Third, referred to as the Professor).

However this better outcome will most likely not come to fruition.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd be pretty happy if Sauske used Izagni and that other one (the infinite loop) against Obito at this point, blinding him, a fitting end to a man who relied on his eyes so much, but securing the victory. This way Sauske loses his sight but can completely gain the 'sight' of what the village needs (see: Roy Mustang, Full Metal Alchemist).
Funny off-topic bullet-- did you know Roy Mustang has the same voice actor as Kisuke Urahara (BLEACH) or Starjun (Toriko)?

...ok, but did you know those guys have the same voice actor as James? (Pokemon)

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Funny off-topic bullet-- did you know Roy Mustang has the same voice actor as Kisuke Urahara (BLEACH) or Starjun (Toriko)?

...ok, but did you know those guys have the same voice actor as James? (Pokemon)
Roy's voice in the original FMA? Because that VA is baller

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Japanese for all

Pretty sure we're talking brotherhood Roy though. He's kind of got that same half-sinister intense voice going on in all roles (except James obviously...).

Roy killing Envy was so fucking intense-- one of the best anime fight scenes ever.

My thought: this is what Gohan v. Cell shoulda been. lol

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
For those unsatisfied with the war arc I think I though up a better way for Naruto to go than Kishimoto did. Now this will take some following so stay with me, but get this; war. And I don't mean fake war against two people. I mean a real war where all the hidden villages duke it out. The other side has legitimate grievances too, so it's morally grey who is right or wrong here. Then you can have Sasuke being this Magneto character instead of someone who is stupid and a tool for smarter people. Now he's on the other side but he becomes friends with them, he's not just over the top evil for no reason. Then Naruto sees the war and is like "nooooo, stahp" but if he doesn't fight the Hidden Leaf will be destroyed. How will Naruto foster peace between all five nations? I guess we'll never know because Gaara did that shit.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
Latest Naruto chappy is up on Mangapanda.

e: Something big about an old power-up is discovered. Not specifying to avoid spoilers, but I'm somewhat excited about it. A new shadow has appeared. What is its significance? More Juubito is always good.

Last edited:
Interesting, so senjutsu is unrelated to ninjutsu it seems. Pretty sneaky of Naruto, he's just been standing there the whole time. Also liked the appearance of the evil kyuubi chakra.

So, current senjutsu users we have alive in some form are Naruto, Hashirama, and Kabuto I guess.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
This chapter.... deus ex jutsu that finally nerfs edo tensei is too strong so we need to nerf is with deus ex "oh ya but senjutsu is immune". this is getting out of fucking hand..

Matthew

I like how it says, "This shadow is...?" even though it's clearly the other half of Kurama's chakra. I mean really?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)