Need help (with computer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I dunno if this is the right place to put it, but it seems the most logical at the moment.

I have a lot of spyware on my laptop and most of it is coming from internet explorer when i use mozilla. I know where the file is but i can't delete it. I used spyware doctor, but its not deleting it. The file is in system 32 and i know it is the infected file. Someone told me to press alt ctl delete to get the processes or something and end internet explorer, but i did and it gives me my wall paper with no shortcuts or start menu. What should I do?

It sounds like you ended explorer.exe. Internet Explorer's filename is actually iexplore.exe. I don't know if this will help you at all, though.
By the way, you don't actually need desktop shortcuts or a start menu to use your computer. They're really just conveniences. The Task Manager or the Command Prompt can do more than that stuff can.

Wrong forum for it, anyway. This is not a troubleshooting forum.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is not a "computer help" forum. If you have trouble with spyware there are plenty of programs to remove it, but honestly most of them leave a lot to be desired. I would recommend reformatting your computer and just avoiding things that will likely get you malware. It's actually really easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)