Nerfmons - Submissions Phase #7

Relaxed Dedenne

I COULD BE BANNED!
Pokemon: Minun
Typing Change: Electric/Dark
New Stats: 70/74/70/99/90/101 (484)
New Abilities: Competitive/Quick Feet/Infiltrator
Added Moves/ Removed Moves: +Heat Wave/+Dark Pulse/+Knock Off/+Pursuit/+Psychic/+Magnet Rise
Justification: I feel this wouldn't be that broken and would make minun alot more usable with a decent move poll and Good Coverage (Good Thing Minun gets Nasty Plot Already) But with only 74 Defence it'll be easy to pick off, And no Priority, I think it'll be like Magneton atm and thats not the best either i would think it'd be NU

Last edited:

Relaxed Dedenne

I COULD BE BANNED!
Pokemon: Azumarill
Typing Change: Nope
New Stats: 10/110/40/60/40/50
New Ability: Nope
Added/Removed Moves: -aqua jet, -knock off
Justification: It's now a glass cannon/one trick pony. More fun than just toning it down.
Add Trick Room and its Unstoppable

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Pawn would still have sucker punch,we would have to just make it incompatible with bisharp.
If Pawniard can have Sucker Punch, Bisharp must be able to have Sucker Punch, since upon evolution it must keep the moveset before evolution. Only real way around it in this case is a complex ban of Bisharp + Sucker Punch, or to make Bisharp completely separate from Pawniard.

It's a similar deal with all of the Azumarill submissions I've been seeing that remove Belly Drum or Aqua Jet (all of them), since Belly Drum and Aqua Jet are in Marill's moveset.

Plus it adds a bit of a challenge when designing your nerfs, which is always fun .3.

Last edited:
Pokemon: Bisharp
Typing Change
(if any): None
New Stats: 65/90(-35)/90(-10)/80(+20)/70/49(-21) (424)
New Ability (if any): Intimidate/Hyper Cutter/Inner Focus
Added/Removed Moves (if any): +Nasty Plot, +Flash Cannon, +Secret Sword
Justification: When thinking of how to properly nerf Bisharp I looked to a couple NU mons for inspiration, Cacturne and Mawile. Cacturne, while it has fearsome offenses on both sides is also slow, and relies heavily upon sucker punch offensively, however a mixed set can be very effective, though fully special is underwhelming because of that speed. Mawile is also slow, and despite having two great abilities and probably the best typing in the game, it's severely held back by it's awful stats. Seeing as Bisharp's typing is also very solid, but not wanting to give it sheer force, I decided to give it a little better of offensive stats, but also gave it an awkward speed tier which could hold it back, so even if it decided to run max speed it's outsped by base 50s and higher doing the same. I replaced Defiant because Defiant is an amazing ability and that'd make Bisharp a lot better, instead giving it Intimidate, which is still a solid ability. Also replaced Pressure with Hyper Cutter because both are irrelevant and Hyper Cutter makes more sense. I gave it potential to be used specially or mixed too, giving Bisharp more unpredictability.

Typing Change
New Stats: 80(-20)/25(-25)/75(-5)/60/75(-5)/25(-15) (340)
New Ability (if any): Same Abilities
Added/Removed Moves (if any): +Wish
Justification: Azumarill now has a lot less speed and bulk, making it struggle to pull of belly drums a lot more so. It still hits really hard (Same as a neutral nature invested base 115 lol), and it still has it's great typing, however it's basically forced to rely on Aqua Jet to do anything with Belly Drum and I mean..
(Some random calcs vs NU mons)
+5 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 248 HP / 232+ Def Granbull: 183-216 (47.7 - 56.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Audino: 145-172 (35.3 - 41.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Gurdurr: 181-214 (48.3 - 57.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kangaskhan: 286-337 (81.2 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
It's managed easily enough, yet with a little hazard support probably puts in a lot of work and also can probably still soak up hits from lot of mons, mostly thanks to it's typing. It's probably better off running non belly drum offensive sets, however it likely gets worn down quickly enough and is also outsped by just about everything. I gave it Wish also because I figured both with it's typing it could have cute niche defensive applications and some awkward recovery with belly drum that could be threatening.

Typing Change
(if any): Electric/Fairy
New Stats: 100(+40)/40/70(+20)/75/100(+15)/95 (480)
New Ability (if any): Minus/Static
Added/Removed Moves (if any): +Calm Mind, +Heal Bell, +Reflect, +Draining Kiss, +Moonblast
Justification: I will admit, I was debating turning Minun into a physical attacker, but it seems better to stay to true it's original form. Instead, I turned it into this defensive monster. 100/70/100 defensive stats are scary, especially with that typing(resistances to Fighting, Dark, and Flying, nb). Wish in combination with 100 hp as well as Heal Bell makes it a powerful cleric, and Calm Mind gives it the ability to also be a bulky wincon similar to Mega Audino, though 70 defense may hold it back there. Static is an annoying ability defensively but nothing really utilizes that well, so I figured that'd be nice for it as well. Also gave it Fairy STABs and the second screen.

Pokemon: Plusle
Typing Change
New Stats: 75(+15)/57(+7)/60(+20)/100(+15)/80(+5)/108(+13) (480)
New Ability (if any): Plus/Teravolt
Added/Removed Moves (if any): +Moonblast, +Taunt, +Trick, +Surf, +Healing Wish, -Volt Switch, +Extrasensory
Justification: As Minun is the defensive one of the two, Plusle is the offensive one. Electric/Fairy is pretty good STAB coverage, and it has some solid coverage moves to go with it, as well as Healing Wish for offensive utility. I also gave Minun/Plusle the same BST and the same amount of new moves. Plusle has powerful STAB Moonblasts in it's arsenal now, as well as a very threatening looking Nasty Plot and a diverse movepool giving it a ton of possible sets. (Specs, Life Orb, Scarf, NP all easily with various different moves it can run on each) It also has a lot of solid utility moves(Encore, Taunt, Healing Wish, Trick, Baton Pass).

EDIT: Realized I made a probably even more broken Heliolisk lol, so made it a little more balanced by making it one point slower and taking away Volt Switch/Light of Ruin.

Last edited:

Pokemon:
Azumarril
Typing Change:
/

New Stats: 70 / 50 / 60 / 50 / 60 / 50 (340)
New Abilities: Thick Fat / Huge Power / Sap Sipper (No Change)
Added/Removed Moves (if any): -Aqua Jet, -Belly Drum, -Knock Off, -Superpower, -Ice Punch,
Justification: Instead of removing STAB (aside from obv Belly Drum and Aqua Jet), I removed its coverage. It still hits hard with a CB Play Rough/Waterfall/???????? set, but bulky Steels like Ferroseed wall it now pretty well, not to mention Grass/Poison-types like Vileplume exist and threaten it with a STAB Sludge Bomb.
Everything and its mother is free to revenge it, too - 70/60/60 bulk is pretty bad and its priority is gone. It hits hard, but it also dies fast.

Typing Change:
/

New Stats: 70 / 85 / 110 / 70 / 80 / 60 (475)
New Abilities: Justified / Inner Focus / Clear Body
Added/Removed Moves (if any): +Sacred Sword
Justification: Removing Steel-type looks like the way to go for me. Removing moves means you can't use STAB on two of Bisharp's most threatening moves anymore, but instead it gains a different STAB to boot. I made it a lot bulkier, but its attack remains unchanged from Pawniards, so there's that.

Typing Change:
/

New Stats: 80 / 70 / 40 / 90 / 70 / 101 (451)
New Abilities: Plus / Adaptability / Lightningrod
Added/Removed Moves (if any): +Dazzling Gleam, +Moonlight
Justification: The offensive one. Fairy because I find it the most fitting outside the obvious Normal, and Adaptability provides it the power to the STAB moves it needs. Dazzling Gleam is its STAB attack - not Moonblast which might be too powerful - but it seems pretty good.
It is frail, however, but it has a fairly trollish Speed-tier, outspeeding Base 100s but also only tying with the Simi's instead of outspeeding them.

Typing Change:
/

New Stats: 90 / 30 / 70 / 70 / 90 / 101 (451)
New Abilities: Minus / Magic Guard / Volt Absorb
Added/Removed Moves (if any): +Dazzling Gleam, +Moonblast, +Moonlight, +Heal Bell
Justification: A defensive approach. Not exactly a reverted stat distribution from Plusle, yet very close (10 points moved from Attack to HP). Initially I wanted to give it Fur Coat or Intimidate, but I settled upon Magic Guard, which is more fitting and really nice for a defensive mon too, allowing it to take status with impunity. 90/70/90 are pretty nice defensive stats, allowing it to spread Thunder Wave/Toxic and Heal Bell, and it can always Volt Switch out of an annoying situation too. It also gets Moonblast, but it serves little other purpose than to taunt Plusle.

EDIT: Oops... submissions end "tomorrow". Yet no other response has been posted, and I forgot to check the date. Oh well ^ .

By request of runbabyrun who seems to be quite busy recently, as a member of the Nerfmons Council I declare the Voting Phase has begun!
If you are unsure on how to vote, please consult the OP.

Pokemon: Azumarllil
Typing Change: water, Err the guy infront of me was right about typing
New Ability same old same old huge power
New Stats:
100/ 65/ 55/ 70/ 55/ 70
Added/Removed Moves: ability swap, cm, draining kiss/-pr, belly, ajet
Justification: Basically azumarril would make a pretty nice spec attacker, so yea i gave it ablity swap for lowered bulk, so some brave players might try to steal iron barbs or etc, but be wary of chops.
Pokemon: Azumarril
Typing Change:
/

New Stats: 83 / 31 / 82 / 77 / 82 / 65 (420)
Added/Removed Moves (if any): -Aqua Jet, -Belly Drum, -Play Rough, -Knock Off, +Quick Attack, +Hyper Voice
Justification: Two of the big factors that made Azu OU is its new Fairy-typing and its access to both Aqua Jet and Belly Drum at the same time. Since the challenge is to keep Huge Power, I decided to remove all these factors instead. I also nerfed its stats a bit while keeping the same BST. Its now a lot less bulky but not frail. Its attack power is also higher than Marills but still nerfed. It also now has Normal STAB and Quick Attack over Aqua Jet in priority. Aqua Jet is notably worst due to it being a worst type than Aqua Jet and it doesn't have Belly Drun so I don't think its overpowered.
Typing Change (if any): Nah
New Stats: 75 / 35 / 70 / 50 / 80 / 40
New Ability (if any): Nah
Added/Removed Moves (if any): -Belly Drum
Justification: BellyJet is Azumarill's main thing putting it so high up, as it can hit most of the metagame insanely hard. Taking away belly drum, along with some of its defenses and attack, it seems much more like an NU mon. It can still revenge kill less bulky threats with Aqua Jet, and hits decently hard with other moves but has a hard time outspeeding much of anything with reduced speed.
Typing Change: Water
New Stats: 90 / 20 / 80 / 40 / 85 / 20
New Ability: None, keeps Huge Power.
Added/Removed Moves: -Belly Drum, -Aqua Jet, -Knock Off
Justification: A lot of what made Azumarill good is now taken away from him. It loses both Belly Drum and Aqua Jet, which made Azumarill really good. It loses Knock Off, meaning it can no longer remove items from the opponent's side. Azumarill gains a bit of bulk, but is extremely slow, and his now pitiful attacking stat is poor. However, Azumarill has a niche of Whirlpool+Perish Song, which unfortunately is not that reliable either.
Typing Change: Nope
New Stats: 10/110/40/60/40/50
New Ability: Nope
Added/Removed Moves: -aqua jet, -knock off
Justification: It's now a glass cannon/one trick pony. More fun than just toning it down.
Azumarill
Type:
(unchanged)
New stats: 80 (-20) / 25 (-25) / 75 (-5) / 60 / 70 (-10) / 40 (-10)
Added/Removed Moves: -Aqua Jet, -Belly Drum, -Aqua Tail, +Dazzling Gleam, +Draining Kiss

Justification:
I started off thinking I should make sure no stats I changed are lower than Marill's, and ended up with the stats that are seen. It doesn't make logical sense why it would have lower stats than Marill. Anyway, 40 Speed combined with lack of priority makes Azumarill slightly less viable. Without Belly Drum it is indefinitely less viable. I removed Aqua Tail since, apon various calculations, Azumaril can 2HKO Mespirit even with 25 base attack... with Aqua Tail. (Then again it can do the same with Play Rough, but it makes a difference) I thought it could be borderline too good for NU, so I removed it. I gave it Dazzling Gleam, for non-Huge Power sets (since I'll see the Sap Sipper set as a better tank set personally), and Draining Kiss, for recovery which would make it good tank-wise, in a way. The defensive stats are such that Azumarill can almost force Archeops, one of the best Pokemon within NU, to only 3HKO, whilst still lowering them. Physically, Azumarill looks more defensive than specially-defensive anyway.
Typing Change: Water/Ground
New Stats: 70 / 40 / 55 / 95 / 55 / 60 (375)
New Abilities: Divide / Intimidate / Huge Power
Added/Removed Moves: +Earthquake, +Earth Power, +Thunderbolt, +Moonblast, +Nasty Plot, -Belly Drum, -Play Rough, -Aqua Jet, -Superpower
Justification: Since it's Fairy type and it's BD+AJ combo make it very powerful. Since I think that it's very OP, the combo and Fairy type should be gone and the type should be Ground type so that it's Grass weakness get nerfed. I The bulk took a nerf, while it's physical offensive power is slightly buffed and the special offensive power is greatly boosted so it can use moves like Hydro Pump more often. It gets to keep Huge Power but it gets Sap Sipper and Thick Fat gone because if it has Sap Sipper, it will be OP, so it gets Intimidate and Divide to boost it's defensive power to make up it for the more poor defenses. It also gets Play Rough and Superpower gotten rid of because of the new typing on the former and because of the stat drops of the latter while it gets Earthquake for a better STAB than Bulldoze or Dig. It also gets Earth Power for STAB to come off the better Spl. Atk. stat as well as Thunderbolt and Moonblast for coverage. It will pretty much soon be less OP than before to become an NU Pokemon.
Typing Change
New Stats: 80(-20)/25(-25)/75(-5)/60/75(-5)/25(-15) (340)
New Ability (if any): Same Abilities
Added/Removed Moves (if any): +Wish
Justification: Azumarill now has a lot less speed and bulk, making it struggle to pull of belly drums a lot more so. It still hits really hard (Same as a neutral nature invested base 115 lol), and it still has it's great typing, however it's basically forced to rely on Aqua Jet to do anything with Belly Drum and I mean..
(Some random calcs vs NU mons)
+5 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 248 HP / 232+ Def Granbull: 183-216 (47.7 - 56.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Audino: 145-172 (35.3 - 41.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Gurdurr: 181-214 (48.3 - 57.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kangaskhan: 286-337 (81.2 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
It's managed easily enough, yet with a little hazard support probably puts in a lot of work and also can probably still soak up hits from lot of mons, mostly thanks to it's typing. It's probably better off running non belly drum offensive sets, however it likely gets worn down quickly enough and is also outsped by just about everything. I gave it Wish also because I figured both with it's typing it could have cute niche defensive applications and some awkward recovery with belly drum that could be threatening.
Typing Change:
/

New Stats: 70 / 50 / 60 / 50 / 60 / 50 (340)
Added/Removed Moves (if any): -Aqua Jet, -Belly Drum, -Knock Off, -Superpower, -Ice Punch,
Justification: Instead of removing STAB (aside from obv Belly Drum and Aqua Jet), I removed its coverage. It still hits hard with a CB Play Rough/Waterfall/???????? set, but bulky Steels like Ferroseed wall it now pretty well, not to mention Grass/Poison-types like Vileplume exist and threaten it with a STAB Sludge Bomb.
Everything and its mother is free to revenge it, too - 70/60/60 bulk is pretty bad and its priority is gone. It hits hard, but it also dies fast.

Typing Change: steel
New Ability (if any): Justified
New Stats: 60 / 80 / 60 / 70 / 80/ 45
Added/Removed Moves: beat up,
Justification: I made nerfs to its stats, and removed defiant, because defiant was one of the 3 things that made it so strong,along with sub bulk, made it so any fighting prio can beat, so gurdurr is the best check for it because yep. I made it so it makes so bisharp users have to think know with lowered speed and no +2 for everything, force them to use it with care
Typing Change:

New Stats: 75 / 105 / 90 / 85 / 70 / 65 (490)
New Abilities: Justified / Inner Focus / Light Metal
Added/Removed Moves (if any): none
Justification: No longer a defiant Pawniard, Bisharp has become the much more noble Bishop piece, reflecting its nobility by becoming pure steel. This is my answer to keeping Sucker Punch and Knock Off on Pawniard while also nerfing Bisharp. Now that it's mono-steel its not as good, especially with its nerfed speed of 60. Sucker Punch still hits hard but its no longer backed by STAB. With this, I think Bisharp fits well in NU.
Typing Change: None
New Stats: 65 / 115 / 50 / 50 / 80 / 30
New Ability: Inner Focus / Hyper Cutter / Clear Body
Added/Removed Moves: -Sucker Punch
Justification: 115 Attack is not something to joke about. Bisharp is still able to hit things pretty hard, but loses Sucker Punch and Defiant. Pitiful defenses and a horrible speed stat means Bisharp is now a bit more difficult to work with. Worst of all, in my opinion, is the loss of Sucker Punch, which means Bisharp no longer has any form of priority, and is stuck with 30 speed. Strong, but very frail and slow. He must now compete with Pawniard, and even though Pawniard doesn't have a great attacking stat, it has one thing Bisharp will miss the most: Defiant and Sucker Punch.
Typing Change : None
New Stats: 65 / 110 / 80 / 60 / 60 / 70 (445)
New Ability: Inner Focus / Justified / Pressure
Added/Removed Moves: -Low Kick
Justification: Decided to remove Defiant, one of the things that made it so great in OU and lowered its stats to make it hit less hard and be a bit more frail. The Attack nerf and the removal of Low Kick will help it to be much easier to check. It still has a strong Knock Off and Sucker Punch though, devastating with a Swords Dance behind it. It also still has Low Sweep, so the Low Kick removal will only be affecting the heavier Pokemon like Ferrothorn, Registeel and Heatran. Justified is given for it to check some of the other Dark types in the tier and makes sense with bisharp being a noble chess piece.
Bisharp
Type:
(unchanged)
New stats: 60 (-5) / 115 (-10) / 100 / 60 / 60 (-10) / 70
Added/Removed Moves: -Sucker Punch, -Pursuit
Justification:
I intentionally didn't remove a lot Bisharp's stats too much, partially so it was not outclassed in many ways by Pinsir. I made the Special Defense lower since Pawniard (atm) has equal special stats, and the other nerfs in stats are just for the purposes of being nerfs. Two of the things that make Bisharp good are Sucker Punch and Pursuit, both of which I removed since those were some of the moves that made Bisharp OU. I kept STAB Knock Off since there are many Pokemon in NU and below that have STAB Knock Off.
Typing Change: Dark/Water
New Stats: 70 / 110 / 80 / 90 / 40 / 90 (480)
New Abilities: Natural Cure / Inner Focus / Mega Launcher
Added/Removed Moves: +Aura Sphere, +Water Pulse, +Dragon Pulse, +Scald, +Calm Mind, -Iron Head, -Flash Cannon
Justification: The reliability of Defiant against Defog users like Zapdos can be frightening and makes it OP, so the simple solution to that is remove it. The new typing also makes it more vulnerable to status and Fairy-types, so the solution of having status is to have Natural Cure so it can last longer. It also gets Mega Launcher to boost up the new moves it gets and still keeps Knock Off and Sucker Punch. It still has a pretty good Attack stat, but with the amount of special moves it gets with the new Special Attack it gets, I decided to increase it by adding the moves increased by Mega Launcher. The defenses are much worse than before so that it gets killed more often, but the better speed makes it up a bit unless the attacker is faster. It will hopefully get worse enough to be in NU.
Typing Change
New Stats: 65/90(-35)/90(-10)/80(+20)/70/49(-21) (424)
New Ability (if any): Intimidate/Hyper Cutter/Inner Focus
Added/Removed Moves (if any): +Nasty Plot, +Flash Cannon, +Secret Sword
Justification: When thinking of how to properly nerf Bisharp I looked to a couple NU mons for inspiration, Cacturne and Mawile. Cacturne, while it has fearsome offenses on both sides is also slow, and relies heavily upon sucker punch offensively, however a mixed set can be very effective, though fully special is underwhelming because of that speed. Mawile is also slow, and despite having two great abilities and probably the best typing in the game, it's severely held back by it's awful stats. Seeing as Bisharp's typing is also very solid, but not wanting to give it sheer force, I decided to give it a little better of offensive stats, but also gave it an awkward speed tier which could hold it back, so even if it decided to run max speed it's outsped by base 50s and higher doing the same. I replaced Defiant because Defiant is an amazing ability and that'd make Bisharp a lot better, instead giving it Intimidate, which is still a solid ability. Also replaced Pressure with Hyper Cutter because both are irrelevant and Hyper Cutter makes more sense. I gave it potential to be used specially or mixed too, giving Bisharp more unpredictability.
Typing Change:
/

New Stats: 70 / 85 / 110 / 70 / 80 / 60 (475)
New Abilities: Justified / Inner Focus / Clear Body
Added/Removed Moves (if any): +Sacred Sword
Justification: Removing Steel-type looks like the way to go for me. Removing moves means you can't use STAB on two of Bisharp's most threatening moves anymore, but instead it gains a different STAB to boot. I made it a lot bulkier, but its attack remains unchanged from Pawniards, so there's that.

Pokemon: Pulse
Typing Change: Electric/normal
New Ability (if any): Overdrive (The first move this pokemon uses is 30% stronger and given electric typing(Like flying press)
New Stats: 70 / 70 / 60 / 100 / 70/ 80
Added/Removed Moves: hyper voice, + Parting shot
Justification: Basically instead of doing a "ate" ability making so its a basically a normal spammer, making it so it forces swapins and makes it so it can pivot.(And instead of putting on top of speed tier, I want people to use this, and make so more ground types can be useful.
Typing Change:
/

New Stats: 75 / 70 / 30 / 95 / 85 / 105 (460)
New Abilities: Plus / Mold Breaker / Motor Drive
Added/Removed Moves (if any): +Taunt, +Switcheroo, +Fake Out, +Tri Attack
Justification: The "offensive" one of the two. Electric / Normal is a typing only done by Heliolisk, so I decided to emulate that instead of giving it Fairy. It now has an immunity to Ghost while also getting a second STAB in Tri Attack. Switcheroo can be used on choice sets. Its ability Mold Breaker lets NP sets ignore Unaware and its Electric-type attacks to bypass those pesky Electric Immunity abiliites.
Typing Change: Electric/Fairy
New Stats: 60 / 50 / 30 / 30 / 65 / 110
New Ability: Plus / Multiply (The user's Special Attack is doubled - the special version of Huge Power.)
Added/Removed Moves: +Draining Kiss
Justification: Electric/Fairy is generally a good defensive type, and Dedenne must now compete with Plusle. Plusle's Special Attacking stat is bad, but if you take a look at its ability, it suddenly turns into something pretty good. 110 Speed allows Plusle to outspeed a lot of things. Plusle has access to both Grass Knot and HP Ice, giving it lots of coverage. Draining Kiss is a good move, but prevents Plusle from taking full advantage of those stats due to it not really being a powerful move.
Typing Change: Electric / Fairy
New Stats: 80 / 60 / 50 / 105 / 85 / 95 (475)
New Ability: None
Added/Removed Moves: +Dazzling Gleam +Draining Kiss +Moonlight
Justification: The fairy typing is mainly based on the premise of Plusle and Minun being support Pokemon, cheering for their teammates. Plusle becomes a threatening user of Nasty Plot and Agility, as well as a good baton passer with its improved bulk, new typing and slight power boost. Its low physical bulk and good, but not great speed should hold it back from becoming broken.
Plusle
Type:

New stats: 70 (+10) / 75 (+25) / 70 (+30) / 100 (+15) / 95 (+20) / 105 (+10)
New ability: No Guard
Added/Removed Moves: +Play Rough, +Dazzling Gleam, +Zap Cannon, +Fake Out, +Thunder Punch, +Aqua Tail, +Hyper Voice, +U-Turn
Justification:
Plusle isn't too powerful-looking for over base 100 Sp.Attack, and all the other boosts are for the purposes of buffing. I gave them (Plusle and Minun) both No Guard, since it is implied in Pokedex entries that Plusle and Minun cheer on other Pokemon rather than protecting themselves, so thus have 'no guard', literally (Also they both get No Guard Sing, interestingly). They're both Fairy type as they are in the Fairy egg group. I gave them both offensive fairy moves for STAB's sake, and both Fake Out and Thunder Punch since many Pikachu clones also have those moves. Plusle gets Zap Cannon because No Guard Zap Cannon, as well as Aqua Tail for coverage and it learns Iron Tail already, Hyper Voice for more offense, and U-Turn since, again, other Pikachu clones get the move.
Typing Change: Electric/Steel
New Stats: 90 / 100 / 90 / 95 / 90 / 105 (570)
New Abilities: Defiant / Levitate / Flash Fire
Added/Removed Moves: +Fusion Bolt, +Bolt Strike, +V-Create, +Swords Dance, +Meteor Mash, +Magnet Rise
Justification: The new typing makes it have more resistances and a immunity to Toxic, meaning it has more opportunities to set and get the job done easier. The new stats make it a physical attacker, so the new moves go with the stats, in STAB and coverage. The new abilities also make it a good one, Defiant for Defog users, Levitate for Ground immunity, and Flash Fire for V-Create and other immunity. Magnet Rise is for use of the other abilities other than Levitate.
Typing Change
New Stats: 75(+15)/57(+7)/60(+20)/100(+15)/80(+5)/108(+13) (480)
New Ability (if any): Plus/Teravolt
Added/Removed Moves (if any): +Moonblast, +Taunt, +Trick, +Surf, +Healing Wish, -Volt Switch, +Extrasensory
Justification: As Minun is the defensive one of the two, Plusle is the offensive one. Electric/Fairy is pretty good STAB coverage, and it has some solid coverage moves to go with it, as well as Healing Wish for offensive utility. I also gave Minun/Plusle the same BST and the same amount of new moves. Plusle has powerful STAB Moonblasts in it's arsenal now, as well as a very threatening looking Nasty Plot and a diverse movepool giving it a ton of possible sets. (Specs, Life Orb, Scarf, NP all easily with various different moves it can run on each) It also has a lot of solid utility moves(Encore, Taunt, Healing Wish, Trick, Baton Pass).
Typing Change:
/

New Stats: 80 / 70 / 40 / 90 / 70 / 101 (451)
New Abilities: Plus / Adaptability / Lightningrod
Added/Removed Moves (if any): +Dazzling Gleam, +Moonlight
Justification: The offensive one. Fairy because I find it the most fitting outside the obvious Normal, and Adaptability provides it the power to the STAB moves it needs. Dazzling Gleam is its STAB attack - not Moonblast which might be too powerful - but it seems pretty good.
It is frail, however, but it has a fairly trollish Speed-tier, outspeeding Base 100s but also only tying with the Simi's instead of outspeeding them.

Typing Change: Electric/ghost
New Ability: ghost typing normal move O.o
New Stats: 55
/ 75/ 90/ 75/ 90/ 70
Added/Removed Moves: hyper voice, willo, hex, and other ghost moves, and fake out, magnet rise, hazards
Justification: basically a bulky electric type with ghost typing to used to set up hazards and wall the meta somewhat, but not meant to take knock offs
Typing Change:
/

New Stats: 75 / 30 / 70 / 85 / 95 / 105 (460)
New Abilities: Minus / Prankster / Volt Absorb
Added/Removed Moves (if any): +Taunt, +Slack Off, +Fake Out, +Tri Attack
Justification: Plays on it being the "defensive" one. Its meh typing and bulk is amplified thanks to reliable recovery and Prankster. The normal typing lets it eat up Ghost moves with no problem. Prankster is a really good ability on this, letting it be really annoying. However, it's not like Sableye since its typing isn't as great and it doesn't have Wisp.
Typing Change: Electric/Fairy
New Ability: Plus / Divide (This Pokemon cuts the opponent's Special Attack in half.)
Added/Removed Moves: +Heal Bell, +Draining Kiss
New Stats: 90 / 20 / 35 / 40 / 80 / 80
Justification: Minun continues to fill its role as the "bulky one". Once again, at a glance, these stats don't look great. However, Divide makes Minun an amazing Specially Defensive wall. It also has a pretty nice HP stat, and it can take advantage of that with Wish. Minun's main role will most likely be as a Cleric, since it now gets Heal Bell and keeps Wish. Draining Kiss is a nice coverage move as well. However, Minun doesn't really have anything else going for it. Its Attacking stats are really bad, and its Physical Defense is horrible. Minun is now an amazing Special Wall with nice team-supportive moves, but that's all he really is.
Typing Change: Electric / Fairy
New Stats: 80 / 50 / 60 / 95 / 95 / 95 (475)
New Ability: None
Added/Removed Moves: +Dazzling Gleam +Draining Kiss +Moonlight
Justification: The fairy typing is mainly based on the premise of Plusle and Minun being support Pokemon, cheering for their teammates. While outclassed by Plusle offensively, the useful defensive typing, new recovery options, Volt Absorb and improved bulk give it good defensive niches. It should make for a good Baton Passer, Assault Vest user and good general check to Pokemon in the tier (opposing Electric types in particular).
Minun
Type:

New stats: 70 (+10) / 70 (+20) / 75 (+35) / 95 (+20) / 100 (+15) / 105 (+10)
New ability: No Guard
Added/Removed Moves: +Play Rough, +Dazzling Gleam, +Reflect, +Fake Out, +Thunder Punch, +Draining Kiss, +Magnetic Flux, +Eerie Impulse
Justification: I simply finished Plusle first and reversed the stats offensive-to-defensive for Minun.
Minun gets Reflect as it has Light Screen already, and not Reflect. It gets Draining Kiss for recovery, Magnet Flux if people run the 'Minus' ability for it, which makes Magenetic Flux effectively an electric-type Cosmic Power, and Eerie Impulse as it gets Charm, which Eerie Impulse is the specially-oriented version of.
Typing Change: Electric/Fire
New Stats: 90 / 95 / 90 / 100 / 90 / 105 (570)
New Abilities: Competitive / Levitate / Water Absorb
Added/Removed Moves: +Fusion Flare, +Blue Flare, +Earth Power, +Tail Glow, +Flash Cannon, +Magnet Rise
Justification: Not much to say, just a reversed, Fire-type version of Plusle
Typing Change: Electric/Dark
New Stats: 70/74/70/99/90/101 (484)
New Abilities: Competitive/Quick Feet/Infiltrator
Added Moves/ Removed Moves: +Heat Wave/+Dark Pulse/+Knock Off/+Pursuit/+Psychic/+Magnet Rise
Justification: I feel this wouldn't be that broken and would make minun alot more usable with a decent move poll and Good Coverage (Good Thing Minun gets Nasty Plot Already) But with only 74 Defence it'll be easy to pick off, And no Priority, I think it'll be like Magneton atm and thats not the best either i would think it'd be NU
Typing Change
New Stats: 100(+40)/40/70(+20)/75/100(+15)/95 (480)
New Ability (if any): Minus/Static
Added/Removed Moves (if any): +Calm Mind, +Heal Bell, +Reflect, +Draining Kiss, +Moonblast
Justification: I will admit, I was debating turning Minun into a physical attacker, but it seems better to stay to true it's original form. Instead, I turned it into this defensive monster. 100/70/100 defensive stats are scary, especially with that typing(resistances to Fighting, Dark, and Flying, nb). Wish in combination with 100 hp as well as Heal Bell makes it a powerful cleric, and Calm Mind gives it the ability to also be a bulky wincon similar to Mega Audino, though 70 defense may hold it back there. Static is an annoying ability defensively but nothing really utilizes that well, so I figured that'd be nice for it as well. Also gave it Fairy STABs and the second screen.
Typing Change:
/

New Stats: 90 / 30 / 70 / 70 / 90 / 101 (451)
New Abilities: Minus / Magic Guard / Volt Absorb
Added/Removed Moves (if any): +Dazzling Gleam, +Moonblast, +Moonlight, +Heal Bell
Justification: A defensive approach. Not exactly a reverted stat distribution from Plusle, yet very close (10 points moved from Attack to HP). Initially I wanted to give it Fur Coat or Intimidate, but I settled upon Magic Guard, which is more fitting and really nice for a defensive mon too, allowing it to take status with impunity. 90/70/90 are pretty nice defensive stats, allowing it to spread Thunder Wave/Toxic and Heal Bell, and it can always Volt Switch out of an annoying situation too. It also gets Moonblast, but it serves little other purpose than to taunt Plusle.

Please PM me (not runbabyrun) with your votes and the voting phase will end by Monday next week (hopefully)!

Some points that could be discussed:
  • Which submissions do you disagree with and why? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive: No hate]
  • What Pokemon do you want to nerf / buff soon and why?

Thanks for reading!

EDIT: Post is a bit glitchy, but refreshing may solve the problem- I guess it's a Smogon Forum glitch and not to do with the post, but sorry nevertheless if you encounter it.

I don't really understand why some suggestions added Ghost/Dark for Plusle and/or Minun, it's so unfitting. Electric/Ghost is a wonderful typing but I'm sure we get something else later on that fits it better.

A question is what we do with Mega's - many mons would instantly drop a few tiers (if not outright to NU) if they did not have a Mega. Gallade is the most recent example, but Gardevoir wouldn't be OU either without mevo. Sceptile was NU too, Pidgeot, Camerupt and Glalie PU, and so on.
Another suggestion is to speed things up a bit - even if we do six mons every week it'll still take almost a year to do all full evo's.
There are also mons that are currently in higher tiers but wouldn't be broken in NU at all (Seismitoad, Emboar, Amoonguss, etc)

About nerfing and buffing:
I think the next mons to be buffed should be the Gen II Bug-types; Ledian and Ariados
Because both suck and deserve some love.
Another mon for the buff list is... Troh! Troh is a powerful fighting Type - banned in FU - but it is outclassed by Poliwrath in RU and Gurdurr and Hariyama as well as the aforementioned Poliwrath in NU. It needs something to stand out from the crowd.

For nerfing... idk. Something with an unique typing would be cool but since we can give any mon any typing we like, well...

Last edited:
So, looking at all the suggestions and stuff I guess I'll throw out some quick thoughts.
If Pawniard can have Sucker Punch, Bisharp must be able to have Sucker Punch, since upon evolution it must keep the moveset before evolution. Only real way around it in this case is a complex ban of Bisharp + Sucker Punch, or to make Bisharp completely separate from Pawniard.

It's a similar deal with all of the Azumarill submissions I've been seeing that remove Belly Drum or Aqua Jet (all of them), since Belly Drum and Aqua Jet are in Marill's moveset.

Plus it adds a bit of a challenge when designing your nerfs, which is always fun .3.
I would make a quick note that if the pokemon learned this move at level 100, it'd technically have it but be unable to evolve with it. So I guess to get around this all the moves taken away would have to be learned by the prior form at level 100 only.
I agree with Aasgier about the ghost/dark Plusle part. I feel that trying to stay true to the target mon would be something we should have in mind and some of these suggestions really don't.
FireArrow's Azumarill suggestion looks ridiculously powerful.
(a choice band gives that 1050 attack, not to mention 50 speed isn't that terrible of a speed tier in NU(run max speed with that and any slower/defensive mon's life will probably be taken. Also switch-ins, do those even exist?
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 243-286 (72.7 - 85.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 172-203 (48.5 - 57.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Musharna: 345-406 (79.6 - 93.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
seems like it speaks for itself there.
Even if it can't beat faster mons, you can also just run trick room support, and everything dies again.

Ticktock's suggestions change the mons so much I can barely recognize them, nor do these changes really fit the mons(water type bisharp???)

Trying to pick out some I like, for Azumarill, despite not wanting to pick one that takes moves away(I'd pick my own because of that because literally everyone else takes away moves from it), but aside from that Peef Rimgar's seems pretty cool, making mostly stat changes for a balanced azumarill. The Reptile's is cool as normal typing works decently for for Azumarill(Azurill has it), and giving it different moves to use with huge power is cool, plus it has Quick Attack to make up for losing Aqua Jet. I guess after that Aasgier's Azumarill keeps Azumarill really powerful despite shredding it's movepool and lowering bulk.(tfw brick break best coverage move).

Bisharp got some more interesting options. I like The Reptile's submission, which seems balanced and has some cool applications, though idk how much Mawile could potentially overshadow. Aasgier's gives it an interesting typing and makes it more more defense mon statwise, and again with the lack of dark typing it keeps a useful Sucker Punch around but isn't nearly as threatening with it, plus the fighting type gives it a cool niche.

I like the ideas of No Guard and Adaptability Plusle, and electric/normal typing is a cool idea for it. Prankster and Magic Guard are cute ideas for Minun as well.

Personally what I'd like to see get some love are Farfetch'd(sniper+stick+good stats yes plz), Unown(make it only be able to use hidden power as a challenge imo), Carnivine(if only it had better moves, and more speed or bulk), and Wormadam-Trash(great typing, but nothing else in it's favour right now.

Some cool nerfs would be Talonflame, Greninja, Skarmory, and Keldeo.

Nobody is stopping you from picking your own when voting, though.
Also, note that NU has plenty of ridiculously powerful stuff, like Rampardos (base 165 attack) and let's not forget Magmortar and Electivire, both having almost no counters.

We also already have an already nerfed Talonflame in NU - it is called Fletchinder, which has been RU for most of the time anyway and already restricts teambuilding a fair bit.

Nobody is stopping you from picking your own when voting, though.
Also, note that NU has plenty of ridiculously powerful stuff, like Rampardos (base 165 attack) and let's not forget Magmortar and Electivire, both having almost no counters.

We also already have an already nerfed Talonflame in NU - it is called Fletchinder, which has been RU for most of the time anyway and already restricts teambuilding a fair bit.
I don't think you realize how strong 110 attack with huge power is. Before items, that's already 700 attack. To put this into perspective, Kyurem-Black has 394.
Or again to put this into perspective,
252+ Atk Choice Band Mold Breaker Rampardos Head Smash vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Musharna: 385-454 (88.9 - 104.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Musharna: 345-406 (79.6 - 93.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Rampardos practically killed itself to do that much damage. Azumarill has no consequence of using this move.

Also it's not like Talonflame has to keep gale wings, or Fletchinder has Flare Blitz, Bulk Up, Brave Bird, etc. Heck Talonflame could even be made to be special. You're acting like Talonflame would have to play the exact same, and in the case, your nomination of Throh can be dismissed in that we also have better Throhs in Hariyama, Gurdurr, Gallade, Poliwrath, etc, but obviously that's not the case as the idea is to make every pokemon nu viable, which indicates making everything doing something different so that something isn't completely outclassed/outclassing something else as if a pokemon is completely overshadowed it's not really viable because there's no reason to use it over another pokemon, and it's easy enough to give abilities or moves that give a pokemon notable niches in a metagame with the amount of abilities and moves in existance, plus the fact that we can create more abilities if necessary/if we want to.

Rampardos also has much better defenses (97/60/50 vs. 10/40/40.) When it's built to literally do only one thing, it's easy to talk about that one thing in a vacuum.
Now tell me how it's gonna switch in when most NU walls (even the shitty ones) OHKO/2HKO it.
Dusclops Night Shade vs. 0 HP Azumarill: 100-100 (62.1 - 62.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Musharna Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 208-246 (129.1 - 152.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Mega Audino Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 145-172 (90 - 106.8%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Uxie Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 156-184 (96.8 - 114.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Xatu Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 189-223 (117.3 - 138.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
16+ Atk Rhydon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 306-360 (190 - 223.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Quagsire Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 192-226 (119.2 - 140.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Misdreavus Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 153-181 (95 - 112.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Trick room? Priority. Plus getting it in after setting up it up is difficult without a suicide setter. The only situation I can really see it being overbearing is when paired with a slow u-turn/volt switch, but even then it's more of a hole puncher rather than a sweeper.

I don't think you realize how strong 110 attack with huge power is. Before items, that's already 700 attack. To put this into perspective, Kyurem-Black has 394.
Or again to put this into perspective,
252+ Atk Choice Band Mold Breaker Rampardos Head Smash vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Musharna: 385-454 (88.9 - 104.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Rampardos practically killed itself to do that much damage. Azumarill has no consequence of using this move.
I was talking more about standard Azumarill, not FireArrows one which is indeed too powerful.
Also it's not like Talonflame has to keep gale wings, or Fletchinder has Flare Blitz, Bulk Up, Brave Bird, etc. Heck Talonflame could even be made to be special. You're acting like Talonflame would have to play the exact same, and in the case, your nomination of Throh can be dismissed in that we also have better Throhs in Hariyama, Gurdurr, Gallade, Poliwrath, etc, but obviously that's not the case as the idea is to make every pokemon nu viable, which indicates making everything doing something different so that something isn't completely outclassed/outclassing something else as if a pokemon is completely overshadowed it's not really viable because there's no reason to use it over another pokemon, and it's easy enough to give abilities or moves that give a pokemon notable niches in a metagame with the amount of abilities and moves in existance, plus the fact that we can create more abilities if necessary/if we want to.
True. It still means, however, that Talonflame cannot be nerfed the traditional way and will likely be redesigned from scratch.

The Voting Phase is over! Here are the results:

Azumarill
83 / 31 / 82 / 77 / 82 / 65 (420) [New Abilities: None] -Aqua Jet, -Belly Drum, -Play Rough, -Knock Off, +Quick Attack, +Hyper Voice (By The Reptile )
Bisharp
70 / 85 / 110 / 70 / 80 / 60 (475) [New Abilities: +Justified, +Clear Body (HA), -Defiant, -Pressure (HA)] +Sacred Sword (By Aasgier )

Plusle
80 / 70 / 40 / 90 / 70 / 101 (451) [New Abilities: +Adaptability] +Dazzling Gleam, +Moonlight (By Aasgier )
Minun
90 / 30 / 70 / 70 / 90 / 101 (451) [New Abilities +Magic Guard] +Dazzling Gleam, +Moonlight, +Moonblast, +Heal Bell (By Aasgier )

Thanks for all who posted submissions and thanks for all who voted! These changes will be added to the OP as soon as runbabyrun has the time. :]
Anyways, here are the New Pokemon for modification:

Nerfs:
Serperior
| Current Stats: 75 / 75 / 95 / 75 / 95 / 113 (528)
Skarmory
| Current Stats: 65 / 80 / 140 / 40 / 70 / 70 (465)

Buffs:
Ledian | Current Stats: 55 / 35 / 50 / 55 / 110 / 85 (390)
Ariados | Current Stats: 70 / 90 / 70 / 60 / 60 / 40 (390)

I guess I have to spice things up somehow, so here's another challenge: You might have partly guessed it, but Serperior is required to keep Contrary and Leaf Storm.

Last edited:

Relaxed Dedenne

I COULD BE BANNED!

Pokemon:
Ariados
Typing: Bug/Poison
New Stats: 80/90/80/90/80/80 (500)
New Abilitys: +Adaptability /Swarm/Insomnia
Added Moves/Removed Moves: +U-Turn +Bug Buzz +Sludge Wave +Gunk Shot +Nasty Plot
Justification: I'm Going to a mixed with this Bug, I feel like 80 speed is good enough To Be Threatning but not over powered, With NU right now this thing would be really easy to revenge kill, I added some bulk so you could use this for more of a stally mon if you wanted to use it, But i really think this thing should be mixed or special, so i gaved it nasty plot to sub for this and i gave it bug buzz and sludge wave, I think with its limitted coverage it'd fit like a glove in NU, Not to broken but not to bad either

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile

Pokemon:
Serperior
Typing Change:
(no change)
New Stats: 78 / 80 / 95 / 60 / 105 / 110 (528)
New Ability: Overgrowth / Contrary (HA) [no change]
Added/Removed Moves: -Dragon Pulse, +Power Whip
Justification: Serperior is weird, because outside of Contrary sets it kinda does need a buff. It's Special Attack and coverage are both gimped hard, while Coil sets get a powerful STAB and more bulk to work with. Pretty simple in terms of nerfs honestly. Its speed also got nerfed a bit. Leaf Storm spam is probably still viable but extremely gimped.

Pokemon: Skarmory
Typing Change:
/
(no change)
New Stats: 60 / 80 / 120 / 55 / 70 / 90 (465)
New Ability: Keen Eye / Light Metal / Weak Armor (HA)
Added/Removed Moves: -Spikes, -Stealth Rocks, -Roost
Justification: This nerf is simple to see. It's physical bulk is still respectable, although nerfed, while its attack power and spdef remains mostly the same. It's a bit faster now, but it loses out on Sturdy (a decent ability) and Spikes, so Spike Stack isn't possible with Skarm.

Pokemon: Ledian
Typing Change:
/

New Stats: 75 / 30 / 70 / 50 / 110 / 85 (420)
New Ability: Swarm / Early Bird / Pure Power (HA)
Added/Removed Moves:
+Bulk Up
Justification: I know Pure Power is kind of a cop-out, but I wanted Ledian to keep its low BST but also make it viable. 30 w/Pure Power isn't that overwhelmingly strong, and the main stat boost it got was in bulk. It's new typing is also great, as it now has a good offensive typing to attack with. Plus its fitting, as (at least to me), Ledian looks like a Kamen Raider. Not much else to say, I dont think its broken.

EDIT: Made it 30 Attack instead of 25 - 25 is roughly around base 100 Attack, which is a bit too low, while 30 is more in-line with 110.

Pokemon: Ariados
Typing Change:
/

New Stats: 80 / 100 / 70 / 60 / 70 / 40 (420)
New Ability: Swarm / Insomnia / Arena Trap (HA)
Added/Removed Moves:
+Memento
Justification: Now it has a cool ability. Arena Trap makes sense flavor-wise due to it being a spider (its kind of like it has the other mon trapped in a sticky web or something of the sorts). It's still pitifully slow, and not that bulky, so Arena Trap isn't broken on it imho. It also lacks a strong, reliable Dark STAB, although it does have STAB Sucker Punch. 100 base attack is an upgrade but it isn't really that hard hitting either.

Last edited:
Well, a round without changed typings for me, oddly enough.

Pokemon: Serperior
Typing Change:
New Stats: 70 / 110 / 75 / 75 / 120 / 68 (518)
New Ability: Overgrowth / Contrary (HA) [no change]
Added/Removed Moves: +Power Whip
Justification: Serperior depends on Contrary Leaf Storm to be threatening as it is, so gimping it appeared to be the way to go. IT also has various sets otherwise which are MUCH worse. Now, it has a highly buffed Coil set and a Dual Screen set which stil works, albeit differently since it sacrificed speed for much more bulk. The speed also allows the Contrary set to be revenged much easier, now the revenge-killers are no longer restricted to Swellow and Scarfers. Unless it carries a Choice Scarf itself, but that has its own host of issues, most notably that things like Flareon and other bulky Fire- and/or Flying types would come in and blast it if it uses Leaf Storm, and its coverage is piss weak anyway (and Dragon Pulse, while it has a ton of neutral coverage, hits little for SE too, and it is fairly weak... it hits only barely harder than a NVE Leaf Storm, even).

Pokemon: Skarmory
Typing Change:
New Stats: 45 / 50 / 140 / 65 / 70 / 70 (440)
New Ability: Keen Eye / Weak Armor / Big Pecks (HA)
Added/Removed Moves: -Stealth Rocks, -Brave Bird, -Taunt
Justification: Skarmory, an amazing physical wall and it remains like that. NU isn't short of powerful wallbreakers, and with Brave Bird gone even Flying-weak things like Gurdurr set up all over it, even moreso now it lacks Taunt to stop it. On the physical side, you need SE coverage to bring it down with a 2HKO but it is not impossible. On the special side, it is fairly frail and it lacks Sturdy, so mixed attackers are even more dangerous to it. In short, it remained a solid physical wall and Spike setter, but it gained also a fair number of flaws that prohibit its use.

Pokemon: Ledian
Typing Change:
New Stats: 90 / 90 / 80 / 55 / 160 / 85 (560)
New Ability: Early Bird / Technician / Iron Fist (HA)
Added/Removed Moves:[/B] +Bulk Up, +Attack Order, +Fire Punch
Justification: I decided to give Ledian mostly more bulk. While it has the stats, it still doesn't have the typing, not too dissimilar from Articuno, who has 600 BST and still resides in PU because of crap typing. Ledian isn't overly different now, having a far more desirable BST, and a crap typing. Its typing isn't really unique, being of the common Bug/Flying type, but it is the only physical attacker with said typing.
Its STAB moves currently suck, but Attack Order is the only one that remotely fits if it comes to a powerful STAB move, though I guess Technician Aerial Ace also counts... Technician Mach Punch also hits harder than Iron Fist Mach Punch, but its Elemental Punches are weaker with Technician. A choice that is up to you.

Pokemon: Ariados
Typing Change:
New Stats: 70 / 110 / 100 / 70 / 70 / 50 (470)
New Ability: Swarm / Insomnia / Oblivious (HA)
Added/Removed Moves: None.
Justification: Another massive stat buff, mostly on the offensive department. Megahorn makes sure it can hit pretty hard, its Taunt immunity makes it can almost ensure Sticky Web getting up if it carries a Sash... get your Defogger ready!
Outside of that, it didn't really change too much. Ariados has everything it needs but lacks the stats to pull them off.
To be honest, I'm not that creative with Ariados.

Last edited:

Serperior
Type:
(unchanged)
New stats: 80 / 65 / 87 / 60 / 97 / 139 (528)
Added/Removed Moves: -Outrage, -Dragon Tail, -Dragon Pulse

Justification:
I made sure I kept the BST the same since all Unova Fully-Evolved Starters have a BST of 528, interestingly. I also made sure that I had no stats that were lower than the previous evolution. It has the awkward speed stat of 139 so Electrode can outspeed it reguarly. I also removed all moves (I know of) that it gets apon evolution from Servine. In many ways, I believe it is outclassed by Meganium grass-tank-wise, Malamar is better contrary-wise while Arbok may be better coil-wise. Guess that's the point of a nerf.

Skarmory
Type:
(unchanged)
New stats: 55 / 80 / 110 / 40 / 70 / 65 (420)
(New) abilities: Keen Eye / Sturdy / Battle Armor
Added/Removed Moves: -Brave Bird
Justification:
Skarmory has defensive stats easily outclassed by Pokemon like Torkoal and Magcargo in NU and below, and is I guess it as equal odds with Ferroseed in different ways. 65 Speed is an interesting speed tier, with many Pokemon that can check Skarmory near or above it, with many Fire types in NU and below too. I removed Brave Bird due to how too good a STAB it was, and replaced Weak Armor (which doesn't suit Skarmory at all, since all its dex entries state how strong its armor is) with Battle Armor due to the reasons I just specified, and also for less hax.

Ledian
Type:

New stats: 55 / 110 / 75 / 50 / 95 / 100 (485)
(New) abilities: Compound Eyes / Early Bird / Iron Fist
Added/Removed Moves: +Dynamic Punch, +Tail Glow, +Aura Sphere, +Focus Blast
Justification:

I gave Ledian Compound Eyes because... well... it has very bug-like eyes. It was either that or Tinted Lens, but it couldn't be too broken. Dynamic Punch and Focus Blast are better with Compound Eyes as well as being great STAB. Aura Sphere are also good STABs. Tail Glow's Japanese name is 'Firefly Light', and many of Ledian's dex entries state how it glows at night. Also greatly improves the less-than-average attack stat. Oh, and Fighting type because it punches things.
EDIT EDIT EDIT: Removed greater-than-great STAB and priority and nerfed Speed.

Ariados
Type:
(unchanged)

New stats: 100 / 105 / 85 / 45 / 75 / 75 (485)
(New) abilities: Compound Eyes / Insomnia / Arena Trap
Added/Removed Moves: +Gunk Shot, +U-Turn, +Knock Off
Justification:
As well as having very bug-like eyes like Ledian (also note another Spider Pokemon gets that same ability), I gave Ariados Arena Trap since it is a Spider, and they trap things. Gunk Shot + Megahorn + Compound Eyes = Great. U-Turn for momentum, Moonlight for recovery, Agility for better speed, Swords Dance to rek and Knock Off for a tanky move.
EDIT EDIT EDIT: Nerfed Attack and removed recovery + stat booster.

EDIT: Crap. Someone did Arena Trap already. :P
EDIT EDIT: Nerfed Ledian.
EDIT EDIT EDIT: More nerfs! Wow, I made my Pokemon powerful :I

Last edited:
Serperior
Type : Grass type
New stats: 100/65/95/95/100/100(555 BST)
(New abilities): Overgrow/Contrary
Justification: Ok serperior stats tends towards defense now which i find good with contrary leaf storm giga drain and screens he seems like a nice wall

Skarmory
Type: Steel/flying
New stats: 55/80/100/40/50/75(400 BST)
(New abilities): Sturdy/Keen eye/Battle armor
Added/Removed moves: -Brave bird -Stealth rock
Justification: By removing rocks and bb and the new base 100 defenses means that skarm is much easier to check now keep note that he can still take hits really well while true he can go for drill peck now it's not the worst but defiently not the best.

Ledian
New typing: Bug/Fighting
New stats: 100/100/75/95/75/95(540 BST)
New abilities: Compound eyes/Early bird/Iron fist
Added/Removed Moves: Fire punch/U-turn/Sucker punch/Knock off/Aura sphere/bug buzz/tail glow/swords dance/close combat
Justification: With a good typing good movepool and good stats all across the board ledian is finally viable compound eyes because of those bug eyes i gave him fire punch to complete the punch trio sucker punch for a nice priority U-turn for scouting and STAB knock off is knock off CC is a nice stab fighting attack tail glow since it's a firefly and it makes sense aura sphere and bug buzz rounds off his special movepool and swords dance because why not.

Ariados
New typing: Bug/Dark
New abilities: Compoundeyes /Insomnia/Regenerator
Added/Removed moves: Knock off/u-turn/dark pulse/bug buzz/nasty plot
The counterpart to ledian if he is fighting type logically ariados would be dark type knock off and dark pulse are nice dark stabs on both sides of the spectrum bug buzz is a nice special bug stab while u-turn is nice for scouting and healing cuz of regenerator which i find great on him he already has SD so i gave him NP for special sweeping.

Last edited:
Serperior
Type : Grass type
New stats: 100/65/95/95/100/100
(New abilities): Overgrow/Magic bounce

Skarmory
Type: Steel/flying
New stats: 55/80/100/40/50/75
(New abilities): Sturdy/keen eye/battle armor
Added/Removed moves: -Brave bird

Ledian
New typing: bug/fighting
New stats: 100/50/75/95/75/95
New abilities: Huge power/early bird/iron fist
Added/Removed Moves: Fire punch/Sucker punch/Knock off/Aura sphere/bug buzz/tail glow

Ariados
New typing: bug/dark
New stats: 95/1075/100/75/95
New abilities: Compound eyes/Insomnia/Arena trap
Added/Removed moves: Knock off/u-turn/dark pulse/bug buzz
Please can you edit your post with justfication and BST totals of the Pokemon? Also, Serperior has to keep Contrary. Sorry!

Relaxed Dedenne

I COULD BE BANNED!
Ledian
New typing: Bug/Fighting
New abilities: Compound eyes/Early bird/Iron fist
Added/Removed Moves: Fire punch/U-turn/Sucker punch/Knock off/Aura sphere/bug buzz/tail glow/swords dance/close combat
Justification: With a good typing good movepool and good stats all across the board ledian is finally viable compound eyes because of those bug eyes i gave him fire punch to complete the punch trio sucker punch for a nice priority U-turn for scouting and STAB knock off is knock off CC is a nice stab fighting attack tail glow since it's a firefly and it makes sense aura sphere and bug buzz rounds off his special movepool and swords dance because why not.
I feel like tail glow and the good special attack would make this like RU, not NU

Bug/Fighting is a huge buff over Bug/Flying too... Stealth Rock neutrality over a quad weakness immidiately comes to mind. The reason I gave it a 560 BST was partially because I kept Ledian's typing the same.

Relaxed Dedenne

I COULD BE BANNED!
I'm not saying its a bad idea, Its just me and my NU buds calced that the average NU mon has exacly 500 Bst, I feel like that'd be broken/the odd one out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)