New and "creative" moveset/EV spread thread "Mark 2"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Some of you are very lucky the Stark mods don't actually enforce the rules laid out in the OP. This thread doesn't necessarily have to be top-quality sets ready to be added to our analysis but they should at least have some thought and common sense to them c'mon now guys. Personally I'd like to see this thread restarted and some actual effort and common sense go into these move sets but meh whatever.

Teabag said:
Special Scizor? Are you fucking kidding me? Stop posting, period.
Nice contribution Teabag.

And just so my post isn't a complete bitch fest. The problem with Scizor is it just doesn't have the raw stats to pull of a "special set", it's always better off using physical moves.

I was just taking his idea and running with it attemping to make the set unique and different from other such toxic stallers. Hence the reason I even considered fire spin.

If I wanted something to be a speedy toxi staller that can take on heatran and blissey with a combination of toxic and a recovery move and subtitute I would choose starmie. Blissey loves to come in on starmie (not trick) and heatran can't come in safely to absorb toxic as starmie can surf it for SE damage. Even if blissey manages to get a status, you can switch out with little consequence. Speed, Natural Cure, and an instant recovery is why you would ever consider running starmie over vaporeon. Its as simple as that. Recovering or substituting before something can attack or status you is useful.

Since when did I say Weavile could toxistall? Read carefully before you post.

It's true though Weavile could not be a successful pressure staller in todays metagame nor would it ever be that good at with aerodactyl having better typing, speed and instant recovery.

Are you fucking shitting me Raikoulover? Moltres? :P 50% of health taken off when switching on something that is supposed to be defensive? (Yes I know roost, rapid spin, blah blah blah... I'm half joking)

There are better ways to pressure stall Heatran and it's name is Suicune

Since we are talking about speedy pressure stall, Aerodactyl has the tools at its disposal to become a good staller.

Roost is the only non negotiable move IMO

Protect
Substitute
Fly
Rock Slide
Taunt/Whirlwind
Toxic (Consider EQ on the moveset to hit steels and poison who are immune)

With Scizor everywhere nowdays this set would be foolish to run without making sure he is dealt with, but it could be effective. Special defense boost and immunity to sandstorm is extremely beneficial.
(Those interested in Pressure Aerodactyl should look at the EV's in the Subroost analysis.)

In any case I would never use any sort of set that has anything to do with stall as I dislike the playing style.

*sorry for the double post, but I really wanted to add a new analysis without cramming it into one post

About time Magneton gets a UU analysis. Edited my last analysis of it, but it still needs help, especially in the EV spread.

Name: Magneton
Moveset name: UU Magnezone
Move 1: Thunderbolt / Charge Beam
Move 2: HP Ground
Move 3: Substitute (for Leftovers) / Flash Cannon (for Choice Specs)
Move 4: Magnet Rise (for Leftovers) / Signal Beam (for Choice Specs)
Ability: Magnet Pull
Item: Leftovers / Choice Specs
Nature(s): Modest
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack, 188 Hp, 70 Speed

<p>Magneton can actually be quiet usefull in UU battles with all the wierd Steels getting some action in this Tier. HP Ground is essential for nailing all those Steel/Rock (Bastiodon, Probopass, Aggron) and Steel types in general (Mawile, Steelix, and now the infamous Registeel). Of all those, Choice Specs Magneton OHKO's: All versions of Bastiodon, Aggron, and Mawile. </p>

<p>Neutral-natured Probopass is OHKO'ed 64.8% of the time If you're running the Relaxed nature with the standard Calm EV spread (252 Hp, 68 Sp. defense), but it has trouble with Calm natured Probos, as they can fire back an Earth Power for a OHKO. On the other hand, All standard sets for Offensive natured Probos are all OHKO'ed (assuming 252 Hp, 6 Sp. Defense). </p>

<p>Steelix can be a problem as well, assuming they're running the standard 252 Hp, 136, as it will at best only be a 2HKO (factoring leftovers in also). If for some reason they don't give it any Sp. Defense EVs, then you have a 78.35% chance of OHKO'ing it. </p>

<p>But here's the kicker: Magneton with his 70 base speed outspeeds ALL of those steel types (assuming they're running they're standard spreads and not dumping wierd amounts in Speed for some reason). Magneton traps them, and then can use Magnet Rise to resist the Earth Powers and Earthquakes that are to be expected. After that, you're completetly ready to OHKO or 2HKO safely with HP Ground. </p>

<p>Now that Registeel is the most overused UU steel type (and wall for that matter), Magneton's useage should rise. Registeel is completely powerless to combat Magneton, who can Sub to scout the Earthquake and Magnet Rise to resist Earthquake. From there Magneton can simply fire away with HP Ground or Thunderbolt until he's down. </p>

<p>Charge Beam is worth mentioning also. If you've locked up a Steel type such as Aggron or Registeel who can't touch you, you can try to sweep by building up your Charge Beams to further increase Magneton's amazing Sp. Attack stat.

<p>But now onto the other stuff. I'm not too sure how many EVs to drop into speed and how many to dump into HP, as I know it's base HP is 50 (aka horrible) and its speed is actually kinda respectable at 70, tieing it with Mightyena, Poliwrath, Politoad, Hitmontop, Delcatty, and Butterfree (to name off some of them that may run 252 Speed EVs). For now, I put 188 EVs into Hp for max leftovers recovery, which can help Magneton put up more subs. </p>

Please help me expand on this, as I want to make this sound better than I put it. I know Magneton could function in UU, but I would very much like some help in proving it to others. Thanks in advance :)
Still looking for a bit of help here... I'm leaning towards the Leftovers set being more safe and therefore more useful than the specs set, but either way I still nerd help tweaking the EV spread =(.

It really should go without saying that you need to actually test sets extensively against good opponents before posting about them.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've run Pressuredactyl before. I used it with Toxic Spikes and had Vaporeon pass it an Aqua Ring. You really don't have room for Roost if you want it to be effective.

I ran:

Aerodactyl @ Leftovers
216 HP/20 Def/216 Spe/56 SD
Jolly (+Spe, -SA)
~Substitute
~Protect
~Taunt
~Rock Slide

With the HP/Def your Subs can survive Skarmory Drill Peck all the time, and you outspeed Weavile/Swellow. You don't want to Max HP because you can't Sub/Protect with Aqua Ring infinitely if you don't have a Leftovers or Leftovers+1 number.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've added a little more to this, but bear with me. First off re-hashing the set:

[SET]
name: DruidCruel
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Poison Jab
move 3: Hydro Pump
move 4: Waterfall
item: Life Orb
ability: Clear Body
nature: Lonely
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 SpA / 176 Spe

This gives Tentacruel the advantage over Timid Heatran. This includes Adamant Lucario on down as well. This gives you the following stats:

301 HP / 262 Atk / 149 Def / 216 SpA (215 w/HP Elec) / 276 SpD / 280 Spe

"Speed Tiers EVs" would probably include 136 Spe (Adamant Heracross), 104 Spe (Adamant Gyarados), 96 Spe (Adamant Mamoswine), 72 Spe (Modest Heatran), and would stop at 36 Spe minimum (Jolly Tyranitar). The remaining EVs can go into HP or for more SpA.

I'll provide some damage caluclations in here for this in particular. After a Swords Dance, Poison Jab / Waterfall will do this to the following Pokemon (i.e. assume you are using Poison Jab against Celebi, Waterfall against Rotom-A, or either for Pokemon neutral to the combo).
Code:
Against max HP / max Def Bold Blissey: 63.03% - 74.09%.

Against min HP / max Def Calm Blissey: 75.58% - 88.94%.

Against max HP / max Def Bold Celebi: 88.12% - 104.46%. 100% OHKO w/Stealth Rock.

Against max HP / max Def Bold Zapdos: 51.82% - 61.20%.

Against max HP / max Def Bold / Impish Spiritomb: 55.59% - 65.46%.

Against max HP / max Def Bold Rotom-A: 56.25% - 66.45%.

Against max HP / max Def Impish Dusknoir: 48.98% - 58.16%. This has a fair chance to 2HKO though, around 97% normally.

Against max HP / max Def Bold / Impish Tangrowth: 75.74% - 89.11%.

Against max HP / max Def Bold Suicune: 40.10% - 47.52%. It CAN 2HKO with Stealth Rock (about a 43% chance) but Leftovers kills it.

Against max HP / max Def Bold / Impish Jirachi: 44.06% - 52.23%. 2HKO w/Leftovers.

Against max HP / min Def neutral Jirachi: 61.63% - 72.77%.

Against max HP / max Def Bold Vaporeon: 52.59% - 62.07%.  2HKO w/Stealth Rock.
Not bad eh?

With the given SpA EVs:
Code:
Hidden Power Electric versus 4 HP / 0SpD Gyarados (this has 215 SpA by the way): 72.29% - 85.54%. A 74% chance of an OHKO w/Stealth Rock.

Giga Drain against 252 HP / 0 SpD Impish / Relaxed Swampert: 55.45% - 66.34%. Not really impressive is it?
The rest are with Hydro Pump.
Code:
Against Max HP / Min SpD Skarmory: 61.38% - 72.75%
Against max HP / 191 SpD (this is the stat) Hippowdon: 90.00% - 106.19%. Goodie.
Those are the most important Pokemon.

If you stop at a different Speed tier, I'd stop at 216 SpA and pour the remaining EVs into HP. This can help bolster Tentacruel's bulk. The two moves (HP Elec and Giga Drain) are merely OO.

I'd stay away from Hasty, because it actually hampers some of those 2HKOes. Comments on the better EV spread?

Other Options for attacks: I've listed Giga Drain and Hidden Power Electric. Only others that come to mind are Return and Ice Beam. Ice Beam's only utility is killing Salamence and Dragonite w/Stealth Rock. Return just gives Tentacruel an attack to hurt enemy Tentacruel.
Can I seriously have second opinions on this? I know this thread is going to hell anyway, but I'd like to have some input on this.

Also, you can use Adamant + Hydro Pump since it still 2HKOes Skarmory. Too lazy to run calcs, but I'm pretty sure Lonely Surf can 2HKO Skarmory as well.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Yes Colonel M, even with adamant you're doing 55.99% - 66.17% to max hp\min sp. def skarmory with a life orb'd hydro pump. And a neutral life orb'd surf does 49.70% - 58.38%to the same skarmory. So yes, a probably 2hko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)