New and 'creative' moveset/EV spread thread - UU Edition

Super Fang on Walrein is semi-usable, but it only gets used in conjunction with Brine, which is much better than Surf in that context.
Toxic can be used over brine and a more defensive EV spread can be used to not rely on toxic spikes for damage against water resists. If walrein is going to use brine it should pump some EVs into special attack.

Psi- The Espy Guy

Hey guys. This is my first Pokemon set posting.
Sorry if its in the wrong place. Comments always welcome.

Psi
Espeon @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Moveset Name: Psi Guy

Psychic
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam
Toxic

Ability:Synchronize
Nature(s): Modest
EVs: Ordered 4 Def/252 SA/252 Spe

Ok, I use him a lot in Metagame play with friends and local tourneys and he does pretty good. But his main play is in the Battle Frontier. With this Psi Guy you can sweep through the Battle Tower and Arcade like they are a joke.

Espeon makes a perfect lead there because he's fast and hits hard with his Psychic STAB attack. Does great damage to anything that doesn't resist it or is a Pink Wall. For those Dark, Grass and other Psy's we have Signal Beam that does great damage. And for those Ghost and Psy, we have Shadow Ball.
And for those pesky Blissey's or pokemon with high SpD we have Toxic to slowly kill them off.

I love this Espeon because he comes out the door hitting most pokemon with a strong Psychic attacks that does great damage to most and out speeds most. The other moves to hit other pokemon that resist Psychic which is few besides Dark.

The only thing to beware of is if Psychic doesn't kill, beware of Physical hits as he has low Defense. But with the choice of Life Orb, he tends to leave nothing standing to hit back.

Very few can get past him in the frontier. When he's lead very fairly can they get past him. He's good teamed up with Physical hitter. With Swords Dance Drapion and Ubers Swords Dance I swept the Battle Tower and Arcade.

Try it out and let me know what you think. Espeon is my favorite pokemon and I don't see many good offensive sets where Espeon hits and hits hard.

PS- If this is in the wrong place let me know where to post it at.

Hey guys. This is my first Pokemon set posting.
Sorry if its in the wrong place. Comments always welcome.

Psi
Espeon @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Moveset Name: Psi Guy

Psychic
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam
Toxic
This set is almost entirely outclassed by Choice Specs or Calm Mind. Toxic is OK for crippling walls, but I think tricking Choice Specs better.

Huh?
Is it outclassed or it outclasses Choice Specs?
Your wording is weird.

Ill try that combo. I hate being tied to one move but with his killer STAB it might work.

This set is almost entirely outclassed by Choice Specs or Calm Mind. Toxic is OK for crippling walls, but I think tricking Choice Specs better.
Huh?
Is it outclassed or it outclasses Choice Specs?
Your wording is weird.

Ill try that combo. I hate being tied to one move but with his killer STAB it might work.
He said it's OUTCLASSED. Choice Specs is BETTER than Choiceset without Choice with Toxic :)

His original wording was that it outclasses the choice sets, sneaky edit there.

One thing about Espeon I think is that there's a lot of stuff that forces it out, and you'll be forced out even if you have a coverage move to deal with that poke, making specs/scarf attractive.

I sometimes use him as a revenge killer, but mostly I made the set to sweep Battle Tower and Arcade. This Espeon has never let me down. I beat the Tower and Hall, Frontier brains with him. Very rarely did they get past my Espeon, and if they did Drapion and Scizor cleaned house.

Scyther@salac berry
Ability: SWARM
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Reversal
X-scissor
Substitute
Swords Dance

This set is similar to the salac reversal set except it is made to use scythers less used ability swarm. With STAB and Swarm X-scissor has a high base power and if you can get off a swords dance or too you can beat most things.

Scyther@salac berry
Ability: SWARM
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Reversal
X-scissor
Substitute
Swords Dance

This set is similar to the salac reversal set except it is made to use scythers less used ability swarm. With STAB and Swarm X-scissor has a high base power and if you can get off a swords dance or too you can beat most things.
I suppose you want an HP dividable by 4, which means you have 1 switch into Stealth Rocks... I think it might work as a late game sweeper, but theres loads of better things around.

I suppose you want an HP dividable by 4, which means you have 1 switch into Stealth Rocks... I think it might work as a late game sweeper, but theres loads of better things around.
You mean divisible by 4 +1 so that he can switch into rocks twice and have the salac activate or be able to sub down?

but then the opponet sends in rotom or mismagius, hell they could send in haunter and you'd be screwed. And when you consider that even after swarm and STAB, xscizzor is still weaker than reversal when neutral, I don't see that as usefull as a move to hit ghosts.

So when will they update to include the new crown dogs with their new sweets move.
Cant wait to make my cool Raikou.
Already got 2 sweet sets.
Look here for info:http://www.serebii.net/games/currentevents.shtml
Scroll past Goon Scizor
Um, Raikou is BL, and Entei is worse than Arcanine in almost every way, I certainly wouldn't use a physical Entei. This is a Rain Dance Sweeper Raikou if you wanted a set to use in OU. But in terms of uptading the server with event moves, I dont know sorry.

Thx I love Raikou. Will use it either way.
Just need to find a HP Ice Raikou now.

Also what about Suicune. I know Sheer Cold u can't use but what bout others.

raikou has a horrible nature, and entie is still outclassed by arcanine. mayby if he had earthquake and/or morning sun. either way, this does not belong in this thread, as neither are uu.
Also, what would you guys think of a metang lead? HP:grass 2hko's the fossils without any investment and he outspeed min speed versions with max speed, beats ambi with meteor mash + bullet punch, and can explode on uxie and mesprit. I'm going to test, looks like it has potential.

I constantly look at Altaria's status as the only [fully evolved] dragon in UU, and I see more potential for it besides just a defensive role. So doing some comparisons I tried to go for a mixmence-esque set that, for me, is doing fairly well.

Altaria @ Life Orb
Nature : Naive
EV's : 104 Atk / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Claw / Outrage
-Earthquake
-Roost

Altaria is usually seen as a Defensive-inclined Poke'mon so this lets it hit the opponent for surprise value. I typically use it where I wait for a moment when I know I can safely switch in Altaria and hopefully cause a switch. Then, as they switch in a possible counter which they think can run her out, they get smacked with a Draco Meteor. This itself usually chips of at least half of their health, and with stealth rock damage, is able to achieve quite a few OHKO's. Then afterwards, I switch to a physical attack, or just use Draco Meteor once more if I am sure it can still hit them for the KO. I used Dragon Claw, until I realized that Draco Meteor can still often hit for more damage even after the SpA drop, so Outrage can be used for more power, albeit at the trade off of being locked on into it. This set will be switching out quite a bit, which works wonders with Altaria's ability Natural Cure, which makes it able to shurg off statuses it accumulated. Rapid spin support, while useful, is not necessary, as with Altaria's general bulk, it often finds chances to get off a roost so it can continually come in and reak havok.​

The given EV's let it outspeed neutral max speed EV'd Feraligatr, who can pose a threat as standard DD variants can easily OHKO with Ice Punch. More or less speed EV’s can be added or taken away to account for your teams needs, as with base 80 speed, Altaria can outspeed a vast majority of the tier with according investment.​

Here are some calculations to show power of a Life Orb'd Draco Meteor

vs. 0/4 Modest Moltres : 70.4% - 83.2%
vs. Jolly Venusaur : 66.1% - 78.1%
vs. 252/56 Calm Milotic : 36.5% - 42.9%
vs. 252/0 Impish Uxie : 44.4% - 52.5%
vs. 4/0 Timid Mismagius : 72.5% - 85.9%
vs. 4/0 Timid Houndoom : 81.5% - 96.6%
vs. 252/0 Adamant Hitmontop : 60.2% - 71.1%
vs. 120/0 Adamant Arcanine : 67.8% - 80.3%
vs. 136/0 Adamant Rhyperior : 79.3% - 93.3%
vs. 4/0 Timid Rotom : 101.7% - 119.4%
vs. 0/4 Jolly Scyther : 84.3% - 99.6%
vs. 252/0 Adamant Spiritomb : 61.2% - 72%
vs. 4/0 Timid Alakazam : 90.5% - 106.3%
vs. 4/0 Timid Sceptile : 80.9% - 95%
vs. 4/0 Adamant Toxicroak : 91.6% - 108.1%
vs. 252/0 Bold Weezing : 79.3% - 93.7%
vs. 252/100 Calm Clefable : 45.2% - 53.3%
vs. 0/4 Jolly Swellow : 131% - 154.4%​

A follow up Outrage / Dragon Claw / Earthquake can be used to achieve a KO on an unsuspecting foe.

Pokemon Name: Noctowl
Moveset Name: Feather Shuffler
Move 1: Featherdance
Move 2: Whirlwind
Move 3: Roost / Hypnosis
Move 4: Night Shade / Roost / Hypnosis
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Insomnia
Nature(s): Calm
EVs: 252/0/0/0/252/6

The basic idea is to cause residual damage with Featherdance and Whirlwind. Noctowl's respectable 100/50/96 defenses give him a lot of special bulk, but make him very weak on the physical side.

However, Featherdance seeks to remedy this, causing a -2 spike to the physical attack of the inevitable physical attacker. If it's a physical attacker with a rock attack, such as Rhyperior, the general idea is to then switch to another wall such as Milotic, while those relying on neutral hits can then be Whirlwinded out. In addition, those with neutral hits and not enough power may sometimes switch on their own, giving residual damage with Whirlwind even more.

The choice of Hypnosis or Roost is dependant on three factors:

1. How sure you are you can Rapid Spin
2. Weather you want Noctowl to be more of a tank or a pure PHazer
3. Optionally, if you have Wish support.

Wish support can let you use Hypnosis, which causes even more switches and can let you cripple opposing pokemon. However, Roost is the primary option for long-term switch-ins, healing off residual damage when you do not have Stealth Rocks spun away and general walling. Noctowl can actually take neutral hits very well, so Roost is a great option. Finally, Night Shade does consistant damage independant of Noctowl's porious offensive stats. However, Hypnosis is an option if you are not afraid of Taunt and/or being the last pokemon on the team.

Some calculations should be put up, so you can appreciate Noctowl's natural bulkiness:
Blaziken's Fire Blast vs. Noctowl: 45.5% - 53.7%
Blaziken's -2 Superpower vs. Noctowl: 42.3% - 50%
Blaziken's -2 Stone Edge vs. Noctowl: 47.5% - 55.9%
Standard Mismagius' +2 Thunderbolt vs. Noctowl: 65.3% - 77.2%
Standard Mismagius' non-boosted Thunderbolt vs. Noctowl: 33.2% - 39.1%
Venusaur's Jolly LO Power Whip vs. Noctowl: 39.9% - 47%
Venusaur's -2 Power Whip vs. Noctowl: 20% - 23.8%
Venusaur's Jolly LO Return vs. Noctowl: 45.5% - 53.7%
Venusaur's Choice Specs Sludge Bomb vs. Noctowl: 37.1% - 43.8%
Mixed Venusaur's Sludge Bomb vs. Noctowl: 27.7% - 32.9%
Mixed Venusaur's Power Whip vs. Noctowl: 36.6% - 43.3%
Modest Moltres' LO Fire Blast vs. Noctowl: 49.8% - 58.7%
Timid Moltres' LO Fire Blast vs. Noctowl: 45.3% - 53.5%
Modest Moltres' LO Air Slash vs. Noctowl: 31.4% - 37.1%
Bold 0 Sp. ATK Milotic's Ice Beam vs. Noctowl: 25.2% - 29.7%
LO Tank Milotic's Ice Beam vs. Noctowl: 44.1% - 52%
Rash Mixed Attacker Nidoking's Thunderbolt vs. Noctowl: 40.6% - 48%
Rash Mixed Attacker Nidoking's Superpower vs. Noctowl: 48.8% - 57.4%
Rash Mixed Attacker Nidoking's -2 Superpower vs. Noctowl: 24.5% - 29%
Standard Leftovers Rhyperior's -2 Stone Edge vs. Noctowl: 80.7% - 95.5%(You lose to every other Rhyperior ever, though)
Choice Specs Alakazam's Psychic vs. Noctowl: 41.6% - 49%
Sub + 3 Attacks LO Alakazam vs. Noctowl: 35.9% - 42.6%
Houndoom's unboosted Fire Blast vs. Noctowl: 41.6% - 49%
Houndoom's +2 Fire Blast vs. Noctowl: 82.4% - 97.3%
Houndoom's Flash Fire +0 Fire Blast vs. Noctowl: 61.9% - 73%

This Set does have some problems, though. Strong physical attacks, most notably Arcanine, Rhyperior, Toxicroak and Hitmonlee, can all break through Noctowl easily even after a Featherdance. Pokemon with Toxic also spell Noctowl's quick demise.

In addition, Noctowl has an annoying 25% Stealth Rock weakness, which hinders it's walling abilities and turns many 3HKOs into 2HKOs. Because of this, a Rapid Spinner is almost required.

The choice of Rapid Spinner is difficult, as many Rapid Spinners share a weakness with Noctowl. Hitmontop may be the best bet: With 110 Special Defense, and Intimidate + Featherdance to weaken physical hits greatly, Hitmontop can easily come in to take hits. In addition, Foresight allows very surefire Rapid Spinning.

However, Hitmontop and Noctowl do not cover much between each other, as Hitmontop is merely neutral to the Ice and Electric attacks that pose threat to Noctowl. Hitmontop does resist Rock, however, and can threaten back with STAB Fighting attacks. Noctowl's normal typing also allows it to take ghost attacks from spin blockers, save Rotom.

Donphan and Claydol are too other options. Claydol brings a fighting resistance and rock resistance to fight against Toxicroak, Hitmonlee and Rhyperior(Or ones that lock themselves into Stone Edge, anyway), and is also immune to electric attacks. In addition, Noctowl's normal typing means that ghost that come in to spin block or hit Claydol's physic weakness can run into it. However, they share a weakness to ice and Rotom easily defeats both with a combination of Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt/Discharge. Donphan can be used for more physical defense, stronger offense, cold-countering Rhyperior and Assurance but loses the fighting resistance.

Because this set aims to do all of it's damage through residual damage, Stealth Rock support is vital. Spikes and/or Toxic Spikes support is also greatly appreciated, althoughh not required. Spin blocking support is also nice, and this set pairs greatly with Rotom, who can is immune to fighting and resists electric in addition to blocking spins. In addition, a Rotom using any Will-o-Wisp or Toxic makes Noctowl's job infinitely easier.

I've tested this Set throughout yesterday and a bit of today. While it isn't walling the Metagame or something, it is doing it's job effectively of taking on certain attackers, mostly special ones, and shuffling teams around. It's also a hilarious switch-in to Venusaur and Sceptile.

I really like the Altaria and noctowl sets, looking forward to trying them out. Just a quick question though, why Naive instead of Hasty nature on the Altaria? Is it to take advantage of it's fighting resist a bit more?

I presume it's that and because all priority attacks are physical and not special, barring Vacuum Wave which isn't going to do much anyway.

I'll probably try out the Altaria set too. I'm hoping to fit it into an offensive Trifecta of a new team.

EDIT: Small problem with the Altaria set, as it's EVs com to 512 on Shoddy. So I dropped two EVs in attack to make it 510.

Oh haha I didn't notice the EV's.
But as to the Naive / Hasty thing, I ran Naive as opposed to Hasty for two reasons.
One, as said by Pratty, is that priority moves are usually physical and not special, which makes Altaria more vulnerable as opposed to Naive which lowers Sp.D instead. Second, the strength of strong physical attackers can be very strong, so I choose to have more defence. On the special side, I try not to keep Altaria in on them as much as they can hit it more often for Super Effective damage [i.e electric and ice.] Instead I choose partner's to absorb those hits. In general, the defence drop from Hasty proves to be more fatal than a Naive nature and it's Sp.D drop.

I've got a good one here:

Cloyster Nature: Impish Item: Leftovers
Moveset: Toxic Stall
Toxic/Toxic Spikes
Ice Shard
Protect
Dive
EV's: 252 Hp/ 252 Def/ 4 SpDef

The general concept is to Toxic the opponent and then stall using Dive and Protect until they have so little health you can finish with Ice Shard. I've ran this as my lead on Shoddy and it hold pretty well, any suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)