New Phone

Help me out, smogon.

I'm currently using a second gen tmobile dash and I will tell you one thing about it: it sucks dick. My family is on a tmobile family plan and, while it's cheap, I haven't been able to get a new, decent phone...until now.

Anyways, I attempted to preorder the iPhone 4, and was successful, until I discovered that due to my lack of credit (I'm 18), a $500 deposit is required that I would get back at the end of the year. Now, I have enough money for that, but still that's just a huge chunk of cash. Plus the $200 to preorder and then the ~$85/month for service.

So, I thought around for a bit and eventually talked to my best friend's mom to see if she could add me onto their family plan. I would give her the $200 to preorder the new iPhone and then pay, upfront, enough cash to pay for the entire first year of service (since it's like $60 to add on an iPhone it'd be around $600). This currently is my top choice.

However, I started thinking again and began looking at what tmobile had to offer. They don't really have that many great phones - there's the new Blackberry Bold 9700 which is very sleek but in want of a better processor and web browser. There's the mytouch 3g slide, which runs Android and is also very sleek but still needs a faster processor. And then there's the HTC HDH2 which has a 1ghz processor (very good!) but unfortunately runs on the windows os for smartphone :(.

The good thing about staying with tmobile is that I wouldn't really have to pay much more at all (maybe $30 extra a month which is very cheap) and that on father's day this Sunday, there's a promotion where they're offering all of their newest phones for free if you add a new line to your family plan. Since we're already past our 2-year service contract, renewing another 2-year contract would count as adding that line and would allow me to get a decent phone for free.

But, I am an apple fanboy and have always wanted an iPhone...and the iPhone 4 just looks too good to pass up. I love the OS and all the features, just everything about it!

So, smogon. Help me decide!

Get the Iphone. You're going to regret it if you don't. It will also last for a long time, instead of having to switch phones every 2 years or whatever. My friend has had hers ever since it first came out, and the features are sex.

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I personally love the iPhone, and I'm hoping that by the time my contract is up (another year and two months), there will be a Verizon version.

I currently have a Blackberry, and I would much rather switch to an iPhone, or even certain Android devices. Android scares me a way a little, since Google honestly has very little control over it right now, and all these companies are running there own skin on top of the base OS, which means that you get updates much more slowly and this leads to Android devices being very fragmented, and certain apps only work on certain versions. If these skins were optional, that would be one thing. Unfortunately, they aren't.

If you get an Android device, make sure you find out how well it's planning on being supported. Nexus One is great, except Google isn't making it anymore. If you're gunning for Android, look into the Droid X, the Incredible, or the Droid. Those would be my top picks, and I wouldn't really want to look into anything else.

Or you can just go with your original plan and go with the iPhone. It's awesome, and has its pros and cons as well, but since you're like me and love it to death, I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

PS don't go for the HD2. Hardware wise, it's one of, if not the best phone on the market. Software wise, its out of date and soon to be replaced with Windows Mobile 7.

My iPhone 3G went to shit and when I got a new phone yesterday, I decided to go with the 3GS. It has all the same features, but improved, and doesn't have any of the problems that I've been hearing about with the iPhone 4G.
The 3GS would save you hundreds of dollars while maintaining the awesomeness of the iPhone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)