Other New SM PU Alpha Team- Rate my Team

Hello Smogon Forums! AegisVGC here, Now, Im having some major trouble building a good PU alpha team as of now, so, This is what I currently Have on my team:

Ivy (Roselia) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Leech Seed
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic

So, the primary reason I chose Roselia is my team needed to start off fairly bulky because Hariyama(For Example) was in the PU tier and I immediately saw the fighting type as a HUGE threat to the PU tier. With Dazzling Gleam as my only attacking move, you essentially give up STAB and exchange it for A solid hit onto fighting type Pokemon.

Leech seed is my Primary sustain, it has come through before as the Toxic and Leech seed slowly chip my opponents down while I gain HP overtime. Aromatherapy is helpful as well,
I can get rid of Status conditions like Toxic Poison on my bulky Pokemon such as Corsola and Togetic and Burns and Paralysis on my Offensive Pokemon Like Primeape.

PU-tiful (Corsola) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 156 HP / 100 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Magic Coat

Speaking of Setting up hazards, I chose Corsola as my main Rock-setter. The EVs are fairly self explanatory. I ran Into a CHOICE BANDED scyther, and That's what the 156 and 100 in HP and Defense Respectively come in handy. And the Leftover 252 EVs I put into Special Defense because I want to be as Bulky as possible on BOTH defenses.

Now, I know what you want, Me to explain Magic Coat and Why I'm running it? Well, You see, Taunt Liepard and Skuntank are a thing, I wanna bounce back taunts in order to set up my rocks.

Primitive (Primeape) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Now, Just like MOST Primeapes out there in the PU alpha Metagame, I went for a Choice Scarf Variant. However, One Pokemon I personally saw alot when Playing through with this team was Defog Togetic and Scyther. So I chose Defiant as the ability on my Primeape because +2 Attack does a Hefty chunk to both Togetic and Scyther, only if I have the defiant boost, of course.

I chose Close Combat as My Primary stab move. This is because it OHKO's Silvally-Normal and, if they are scarfed, It's either a Speed tie or they go first, giving me a +2 Attack Close combat. If needed, I will use Ice Punch to predict a Scyther or Togetic Switch. Now, I ran 248 Speed EVs rather than Max Speed is to Underspeed scarf silvally in order to get my Defiant boosts.

Kiss My Baby ya (Togetic) @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost
- Defog
- Encore

Now, If you saw the Original Post, you would know a Specs Manectric set was on this team. But overall, Manectric wasn't working out. And on top of that, If hazards got set up. I had absolutely NO WAY to remove the hazards. Enter Togetic.

Dazzling Gleam is meant to be my only attacking move so I don't struggle when I get taunted. Roost for Sustain other than Roselia's Leech seed and Toxic, and Encore for locking my opponents into a either resisted hit, a move that has no effect on me, or just lock them into a move that can't make them sweep my entire team. Forcing them to switch or risk getting KO'd.

Edgy Kitten (Liepard) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 128 Atk / 128 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Rain Dance
- Taunt
- Snarl
- Knock Off

So, Now I chose a Weather setter that had Priority with it to ensure My weather is Dominant most of the time. So Enter Liepard.

What Liepard does to benefit this team is HUGE! If I loose Liepard to early, I loose. If I manage to set up with it, I increase my win chance drastically. So priority Taunt and Rain Dance to prevent Hazards as well as Set up for My Golduck.

Golduck @ Waterium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Encore
- Psychic

This is my second offense. It has the ability to take a Bloom Doom from Barbaracle with 4 Special Attack. See:

4 SpA Barbaracle Bloom Doom (160 BP) vs. 132 HP / 0 SpD Golduck: 170-202 (50.8 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)