Newb!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, total newb here so forgive me for putting this random help/intro topic here but after reading all of the sections, I couldn't decide on the best one! Hopefully an admin can just shift it if it's wrong.

I've been playing Pokemon for years and only recently found out about all this behind the scene stuff (EVs and all that shizzle) and it's blown my mind! For something I considered to be a children's game, it's very strategic and tactical and it really interests me!

Anyway, skipping the formalities, a few questions:

1. As I'm new, is there anywhere that I can read a sort of... a guide for newbies? All this OU/UU, EVs, weather teams and stuff has thrown me completely. Otherwise I suppose I'll just google it all and slowly build up my knowledge.

2. Wifi battles. I'm actually English, does this restrict me to only playing versus Europeans like some games/consoles do or can I play anyone in the world!?

3. I generally tend to record my PS3 gameplay and do shizzle on my YouTube channel. I've noticed videos such as BlameTruth's ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ePAOUSRYkU ) and others on the Tube, so I was hoping someone could explain that to me/give me a guide. I've been insanely googling and found out I'd need an R4i (DSi) or something, so I bought one on impulse! Any sort of guide on how to do it all or something!?

Anyway, thanks for any help I get and if something doesn't make sense, reply and I'll gladly clear it up :)

For information on EVs, IVs, Natures, and other matters of game mechanics you could try Bulbapedia's articles.

On WiFi battles, note that Pokemon does not have a battle finder. (Except for Pokemon Battle Revolution on the Wii). You need to get friend codes and agree a time to meet the other person.

I'm not sure how that video has been recorded. To my knowledge R4 cards are for playing homebrew games and for watching videos and listening to music on your DS. The quality suggests it was recorded using an emulator, but emulators that support online play are news to me.

Ok thanks for the reply on point 1 guys! I'm also vaguely familiar with the site Seribii.net, so I suppose I'll just browse them.

On 2, good to hear you can play anyone! And yes I am familiar with the, what I find to be, strange online layout. I had really looked forward to just playing some random battles, but I am aware of the friend code thing. I suppose a battle finder would just be full of people using legendaries that have been boosted with the AR anyway!

Yes 3, recording, is a confusing subject. My understanding of the R4 is very minimal but I've messaged a few of the guys on youtube with these recordings to see if I can get an anwser.

Thanks for the help guys. Anymore help on points 1 or 3 would be welcomed too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)