Ninjas and Greninja (peaked 2500+)

Hi everyone dead9 here with a rundown of my greninja-based HO team. I decided to use greninja because water shuriken is a pretty cool move and I thought it'd be fun to build a subliechi set around it. It peaked in the top 10 at 2536 with a 27-4 record (proof http://i.imgur.com/EJvK2KU.png), which isn't particularly impressive because nobody has any idea what they're doing right now but that's ok I'm still proud of myself.

Since this team was to be built around greninja I started off the team with greninja. I threw on rotom-w to lure out and wear down water resists like ferrothorn and gastrodon. Scizor was picked out next since he and rotom-w are best buddies and resist most of each other's weaknesses, plus he helps to lure out and wear down more bulky waters and physical walls like rotom-w, gyarados, and skarm. I needed a stealth rocker so I went with suicide lead skarm. The extra bit of damage from spikes helps a lot for wearing teams down. Next up was gyarados-m to lure out more water resists. I had scarf politoed in this slot for a while since he could set up rain for greninja, rotom-w, and scizor but I found that 5 turns of rain wasn't really worth it. Finally I picked up alakazam to revenge kill anything giving me issues.

MANGEKYOU IN THE EYES
ONLY SEE BLOOD WHEN A NINJA CRIES

Greninja @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
IVs: 26 HP
- Water Shuriken
- Waterfall
- Night Slash
- Substitute

As a master ninja greninja uses his genjutsu substitute to lower his hp into torrent/liechi range. With his mangekyou water shurikens he can sweep through scarf and priority pokemon. After he hits 25% HP, liechi berry and torrent both activate, so on top of his water STAB he has a 3.375x multiplier on all his water moves. This means water shuriken is effectively a 152 BP priority move (~50 BP per hit) and waterfall is a 270 BP move with flinch chance. Night slash for additional coverage on certain pokes (starmie, latios, and also weakened ferrothorns). I considered rain dance over night slash for extra bonus damage (5x damage on all water moves), but it's too hard to get a free turn to rain dance. 26 HP IVs so that his HP is a multiple of 8. That means 2 switches into stealth rocks does 25% damage exactly, and one sub does 25% damage exactly, so I can activate liechi after 3 subs. The lowered HP doesn't really make a difference because at 25% he'll die to anything that breathes at him the wrong way anyway. Jolly over adamant mainly to outspeed starmie, latios, latias, and adamant talonflame. I considered adamant but I think outspeeding those pokemon is more important. The rest of my team is set up to weaken their team enough that greninja can sweep. Greninja is my main win condition and doubles as a revenge killer.

I WILL NOT DIE HERE!
DESTINED TO DISCOVER THE TRUE MEANING BEHIND EVERYTHING!
DESTINED TO TAKE CONTROL OF EVERYTHING IN THIS WORLD!

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 36 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Rotom-w snakes through matches with his volt switch. With chesto resto rotom-w can pull an orochimaru and come back from the dead for round two after being fatally wounded. Usually I lead with skarm, but rotom-w is a nice backup if I expect a bad matchup for skarm (like aerodactyl or whatever). It also lets me eat a spore or a sleep powder, and in some cases it lets me to fake a choiced set and surprise hydro pump or will-o-wisp their mamoswine or something. 0 Atk IVs so I don't hurt myself in my confusion, though that's not really a big deal most of the time. This thing also destroys the currently extremely popular talonflame and aegislash so that's nice. I've been considering a bulkier EV spread since this thing has to check so many pokemon for me but then I get outsped by breloom and speedier scizors and I don't know if that's worth it.

I WORK HARD AND I NEVER GIVE UP!
THAT IS MY GIFT
THAT IS MY NINJA WAY!

Scizor @ Metal Coat
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 76 Spd / 180 HP
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Like rock lee scizor wins games through his never-give-up attitude. Even after breaking his physical body he can open his inner gates with roost to continue fighting. He uses his iron fists and taijutsu mastery to punch through the opposing team. Generally scizor fakes a band early on, and later comes in, roosts off damage and/or swords for the sweep. He can set up on a lot of targets, and lures out bulky waters like rotom-w so greninja can later sweep. U-turn also allows him to wear down physical walls. Also a lot of players switch setup bait like aegislash and gliscor into scizor expecting the u-turn or bullet punch, which means free swords and roosts. Scizor functions as a lure, revenge killer, and secondary win condition. 76 Spd EVs to outspeed wobbuffet, almost all ttar, skarm, and anything else under base 70 speed.

YO! IM JIRAIYA!
YOU CAN SEND ME A LOVE LETTER LATER <3

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Brave Bird

Jiraiya skarmory sacrifices his life for the team. Like a true team player, he always lays down his ninjutsu stealth rocks and often gets a layer or two of spikes up as well. He can rasengan brave bird to kill both himself and his opponent after sturdy activates to prevent spinning. Maximum speed to outspeed opposing leads and maximum attack for maximum power. Taunt prevents slower leads from setting up rocks or whatever else. I can usually prevent spinning for a long time, or set up a swords or dd on the spin.

BELIEVE IT!

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 168 Spd / 252 Atk / 88 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Gyarados switches into mega nine tailed fox form to cleave teams apart. I built this team around greninja, but like naruto, gyarados is the hero of this team. He rarely sweeps but he sets up the sweep for everyone else. If he stays in non-mega form he can eat u-turns and close combats to set up (especially with intimidate), and switching to mega form lets him eat a volt switch or tbolt. With 168 speed EVs and a positive nature gyarados outspeeds base 130s (aka jolteon) after a dragon dance. Attack is maxed out for maximum damage, and the rest is dumped into HP for easier setup. Water/ice/ground is very good coverage, especially with mold breaker, which lets him hit levitate pokes with EQ. For example, gyarados OHKOs rotom-w at +1, which is obviously very nice. Gyarados punches holes in the opposing team and/or weakens their water resists.

THE ONLY ONE BRINGING DOWN VENGEANCE...
IS ME

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Like shikamaru, alakazam uses his massive intellect to pick at my enemy's weaknesses. With his genjutsu magic guard focus sash he's guaranteed at least one hit, and with careful deliberation he can ohko any opposing pokemon with his ninjutsu. He rarely does much more than revenge kill one or two pokemon, but that's what he's there for. He can also eat predicted will-o-wisps, leech seeds, and toxics with his genjutsu mastery. My entire team is very squishy, so I often have to save alakazam for specific pokemon. 2 Atk IVs for maximum power HP Ice and to reduce confusion damage. Psychic over psyshock because blissey and volcarona aren't major concerns for my team and I need to ohko conkeldurr. I might swap hp ice to psyshock for the ohko on jolteon after rocks + spikes though.

The biggest issues for the team are mega-luke, mega-gengar, and fast electric pokemon. Specs jolteon for example sweeps my entire team after scizor/rotom-w are weakened with thunderbolt, so I have to save alakazam against him. Mega-luke sweeps through scizor since close combat OHKOs. Often I have to sac scizor to weaken jolteon/luke with a bullet punch so alakazam can revenge kill them more reliably.

Players who are careful with their physical walls aka skarm are also hard to deal with. Most other walls I can wear down but skarm just roosts off damage and walls most of my team. I assume quagsire would be impossible to deal with as well but luckily he's not very popular.

Anyways that's the team and it's doing well at the moment, but I don't know how well it'll work when the metagame settles a little more. Comments, suggestions, rates, etc are appreciated!

Good looking team dead9! Im loving the pokebank meta right now. But i think the days of custap skarm are at an end especially without a spin blocker and with the boost to defog. I would recommend to run spikes on greninja with hpfire to KO the most common defog user, scizor. Prioriy water shuriken is awesome, but greninjas special set is much better than his physical set imo.
Try out this set, it's really fast and fun
Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spikes
-Hydro Pump
Also, spiking (and turning ground type) on rotoms volt switch feels so good man xD

Speaking of rotom... Physically Defensive rotom-w is really good right now. It walls talonflame and burns aegislash. I would recommend this set
Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 28 SAtk / 228 Def
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
While you're at it replace skarm with togekiss. It walls the dragons and can provide twave support for megagyara
Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Nasty Plot/Dazzling Gleam
Good luck!

Last edited:

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
Hey dead9, pretty decent team you have here and congrats on the peak :]

You are using some pokes that are pretty solid at the moment such as Scizor and Rotom-W so that probably helped a lot with the success of this team. However, it seems more and more likely that hyper offense is going to take a hit as the meta stabilizes due to defog getting rid of hazards so easily, turning OHKO's into 2HKO's and 2HKO's into 3HKO's. However you do have a pretty solid base to make your team more balanced with a few minor changes so hopefully I can help you out with that.

First of all, this gen you are really going to want to avoid using Custap Leads. With Defog becoming evermore popular Custap Leads will be rendered a wasted team slot against the majority of teams. I would suggest using a Pivot Landorus-T over Custap Skarmory. Lando-T has really nice synergy with Rotom-W, making it a pretty nice fit on your team. Plus, it can check a good portion of the physical attackers in the tier while also providing Stealth Rocks.

Next, I think you could use a different set on your Greninja for a couple reasons. First of all, it is simply not very good. It has limited coverage which should be Greninja's strength and it isn't going to be easy to setup due to Greninja's frailty and with priority being so common in this metagame. I would recommend a Life Orb set over your current one to provide greater coverage and revenge killing capabilities.

Here's the set:
Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty / Timid Nature
-Hydro Pump / Surf
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam
-U-Turn / Hidden Power Fire

Now with this set Alakazam becomes pretty redundant on your team, with Magic Guard being the only positive that it provides. Since you have quite a bit of trouble with Rotom-W on your team, which is very common in this metagame, I suggest that you replace your current Alakazam with a Sub 3 Attacks Kyurem-B. Kyurem-B can set up subs all over Rotom-W, all it has to worry about is switching in to a Will-o-Wisp really. Then, from behind a sub Kyurem-B can totally dismantle balanced and Stall teams with its solid mixed coverage, natural bulk and TeraVolt ability.

Here's the set:
Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 236 Spd / 216 SAtk
Mild Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Finally, since your team is now less Hyper Offensive after these changes, I would suggest changing Scizor to more of a supportive set with Defog to remove Hazards. Defog is truly an amazing move and is really useful on more balanced teams to keep hazards from being setup and staying there for a long period of time.

Here's the set:
Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Hopefully you find my suggestions helpful! Let me know how it works and good luck with the team!

Nice one emerald gawain ;)

Just one thing to point out regarding your 2 Atk IVs on Zam - as hidden power is fixed at 60 BP now, you can change the Atk IV to 0 as it doesn't make a difference, and still remains Ice.

I don't see what you are using Greninja over Gatr. Gatr basically does everything Greninja does except hit Starmie and Lati@s with Night Slash (which a. aren't that common atm and b. you can just use DD Gatr and hit them with Crunch if they're that big a problem). Another possible switch is CB Nite over Alakazam. You get a similar revenge killer with ESpeed and Multiscale, but also get something to wall break to sweep with Ninja/Gatr with later. It can switch in on the bulky waters that check Greninja and hit a switch in hard. Lastly, suicide Skarm isn't that great atm because the Defog hype is still going on. You'd be better off using a SR user that can come in often and set up. I agree with MCBarrett's suggestion of Lando-T. It forms a neat U-Turn core with Rotom-W and Scizor and can weaken the team for cleaning up by Greninja or Gatr.

Gl with the team!

Um... can you prove that you peaked at 2500? Not to sound too rude, but I don't think this team is capable of that.

Greninja-

Fat Lenny is right, change Greninja to a special Spikes set. Don't use Feraligatr over Greninja.

Rotom-

Needs to be able to deal more damage, and although I like the idea of ChestoRest, your spread has a little too much speed for my liking.

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry
196 HP / 168 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Will-O-Wisp
-Rest

This lets you outspeed Tentacruel, among others. It also can actually damage things. The set looks good though.

Scizor-

Don't use Metal Coat. Instead of using Defog, switch to standard Choice Band Scizor.

Scizor @ Choice Band
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
-U-Turn
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-Brick Break / Quick Attack

This seems to fit much better on your team. Swords Dance + U-turn is not a good idea. This set allows you to scout the opponent, and it provides very good coverage with Bug/Fighting/Steel as well as Pursuit trapping, a lost art in today's meta. Scizor doesn't need to outspeed Ttar either- Bullet Punch. You should always be switching out against Skarmory, and Wobbuffet is not used.

Skarmory-

Don't use the Custap Berry set. It's outdated and doesn't work half the time. I'd consider using a different physical wall.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
244 HP / 248 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
-Earthquake
-Taunt
-Ice Fang
-Roost

Gliscor is a premier physical wall, with tons of resistances and great bulk.

That's all i have time for right now, thanks for reading. I'll do the rest later through edit.

Sorry, I've been busy for halloween so I haven't have much time to play pokemon

Fat Lenny
I can't change greninja or I might as well make a new team. The entire team is built around his subliechi set, which I think is pretty decent overall, especially with all the talonflame running around. I've actually been considering SpD rotom-w; between alakazam and greninja and gyarados I have enough checks for aegislash and talonflame anyway. I'll try out defensive rotom-w but I'm not sure I need it. Alakazam and scizor can generally check any dragons, I don't think I need togekiss for it

For a rough idea of greninja's damage:
(+1 torrent active vrs 248/0 scizor)
Waterfall: 76.09 - 89.5%
Water Shuriken (3 hits): 42.85 - 50.72%

MCBarrett
It's actually very easy to set up because greninja's speed is so high. The only priority that gives him problems are mach punch users, but if I see too many mach punchers I'll just set him up early so scizor or alakazam can sweep later. He might not be the ideal pokemon for a team but I can't change his set or I'd have to make a new team. I think lando-t is a good idea over skarm, I'll try it out later. You're right that rotom-w gives me some issues, but kyurem-b over alakazam opens up other holes in the team. For example ebelt keldeo would rampage all over me. Usually I can take out rotom-w via gyarados-m EQ or wear it down via all my other pokemon.

ApathyandToast
thx made the change
are you math i can't tell who you are lol

Tangelo
Greninja also outspeeds adamant talonflame, celebi, rotom-w, maybe more, and shuriken breaks sashes/subs, which generally doesn't make much of a difference except against dugtrio and alakazam. Dragon dance feraligatr is badly outclassed by gyarados. CB nite makes my team noticably weaker to hazards, and he can't switch into bulky waters because of scald

Gennosuke Fujiki
thx glad u like it

Fuzzfire101
Proof is in the OP
Rotom-w outspeeds jolly breloom, which probably is overkill tbh now that breloom sucks. If anything I'd move EVs from spe/spa into spd or def; rotom-w doing a ton of damage doesn't really matter to me, he's mostly just used as a bulky pivot
My set already allows scizor to scout my opponent. Metal coat allows scizor to sweep later and roost off damage, and makes stuff like gliscor switchins a free win. I don't need a pursuit trapper, and being locked into pursuit is awful for an HO team. Outspeeding most scizor, jellicent, ttar, and the occasional specs magnezone or vape or wobb is nice. Bullet punch doesn't OHKO ttar even with band, and ttar ohkos in return with fire blast. Outspeeding skarm doesn't really matter tbh but skarm's also in the same speed tier as politoed (who to be fair is probably not going to be used very much). Honestly the biggest upside at the moment is I always win speed ties with opposing scizor, so I can roost off superpower damage and continue swordsing
I'd need to run rocks on gliscor if I were to drop skarm so this wouldn't work for me.

Thanks for the rates guys, I'm not going to change greninja's set but I'll try out a couple of the other changes. Landot in particular sounds pretty good, though I might miss being able to taunt opposing leads. Maybe I'll try a gliscor lead or cobalion or something I don't know. I might need something else to check scarf genesect before he goes to ubers if I drop skarm though, right now I mostly rely on spikes/rocks wearing him down into priority KO range (who thought moving genesect to ou was a good idea cmon guys)

Good looking team dead9! Im loving the pokebank meta right now. But i think the days of custap skarm are at an end especially without a spin blocker and with the boost to defog. I would recommend to run spikes on greninja with hpfire to KO the most common defog user, scizor. Prioriy water shuriken is awesome, but greninjas special set is much better than his physical set imo.
Try out this set, it's really fast and fun
Also, spiking (and turning ground type) on rotoms volt switch feels so good man xD

Speaking of rotom... Physically Defensive rotom-w is really good right now. It walls talonflame and burns aegislash. I would recommend this set

While you're at it replace skarm with togekiss. It walls the dragons and can provide twave support for megagyara

Good luck!
I was agreeing with you up until the switching skarm for togekiss part. Skarmory sets up rocks so that any pokemon switching in can take damage, such as breaking sashes to help ensure a Gyarados sweep. Also, Taunt counters other people's Togekisses, Aegislashes, Klefkis, and anyone else trying to set up, forcing a switch into rocks.

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
It's actually very easy to set up because greninja's speed is so high. The only priority that gives him problems are mach punch users, but if I see too many mach punchers I'll just set him up early so scizor or alakazam can sweep later. He might not be the ideal pokemon for a team but I can't change his set or I'd have to make a new team. I think lando-t is a good idea over skarm, I'll try it out later. You're right that rotom-w gives me some issues, but kyurem-b over alakazam opens up other holes in the team. For example ebelt keldeo would rampage all over me. Usually I can take out rotom-w via gyarados-m EQ or wear it down via all my other pokemon.
Well Alakazam isn't doing anything to stop E Belt Keldeo since it can either switch out after getting a KO or it can break Zam's sash and then switch out. If you were to change Greninja's set though and use Extrasensory on it you could keep a way to revenge KO Fighting Type attackers while opening up another Team Slot.

Tangelo
Greninja also outspeeds adamant talonflame, celebi, rotom-w, maybe more, and shuriken breaks sashes/subs, which generally doesn't make much of a difference except against dugtrio and alakazam. Dragon dance feraligatr is badly outclassed by gyarados. CB nite makes my team noticably weaker to hazards, and he can't switch into bulky waters because of scald
Aqua Jet smacks Talonflame. Celebi is a free switch-in for Scizor, and Rotom-W you don't do much to even with Greninja. The suggestion was for SD; I said DD if you were paranoid of Starmie/Lati@s (AND being outclassed by Gyara isn't a bad thing since you have a Gyara on your team anyway). Greninja is also just flat out weaker. The Dragonite points are fair enough, though.

edit: but I guess that would ruin the point of the team.

dead9 said:
Fuzzfire101
Proof is in the OP
Rotom-w outspeeds jolly breloom, which probably is overkill tbh now that breloom sucks. If anything I'd move EVs from spe/spa into spd or def; rotom-w doing a ton of damage doesn't really matter to me, he's mostly just used as a bulky pivot
My set already allows scizor to scout my opponent. Metal coat allows scizor to sweep later and roost off damage, and makes stuff like gliscor switchins a free win. I don't need a pursuit trapper, and being locked into pursuit is awful for an HO team. Outspeeding most scizor, jellicent, ttar, and the occasional specs magnezone or vape or wobb is nice. Bullet punch doesn't OHKO ttar even with band, and ttar ohkos in return with fire blast. Outspeeding skarm doesn't really matter tbh but skarm's also in the same speed tier as politoed (who to be fair is probably not going to be used very much). Honestly the biggest upside at the moment is I always win speed ties with opposing scizor, so I can roost off superpower damage and continue swordsing
I'd need to run rocks on gliscor if I were to drop skarm so this wouldn't work for me.
With the EVs I gave for Rotom, you still outspeed all common Scizor, Non-Scarf Ttar, and all Magnezone. I didn't check Jelli or Wobbuffet.

If you want to keep Scizor as a bulky variant, I'm all for it. Keep the EVs, but I'd still suggest U-turn >>> Bug Bite and Metal Coat >>> Leftovers. Items that boost one move aren't worth as much as constant recovery.

I still think you should use Gliscor- maybe the acrobatics variant seeing as you're in Pokebank. Then you can still have your rocks and forego some speed for a bulkier variant of the same set.

Well Alakazam isn't doing anything to stop E Belt Keldeo since it can either switch out after getting a KO or it can break Zam's sash and then switch out. If you were to change Greninja's set though and use Extrasensory on it you could keep a way to revenge KO Fighting Type attackers while opening up another Team Slot.
All I need alakazam to do is force keldeo out; I'm not going to switch him into keldeo
I might try out kyurem-b anyway, it patches up a few holes but I'd have to play a lot more careful around keldeo and a couple of other threats like dragons and conkeldurr

Aqua Jet smacks Talonflame. Celebi is a free switch-in for Scizor, and Rotom-W you don't do much to even with Greninja. The suggestion was for SD; I said DD if you were paranoid of Starmie/Lati@s (AND being outclassed by Gyara isn't a bad thing since you have a Gyara on your team anyway). Greninja is also just flat out weaker. The Dragonite points are fair enough, though.

edit: but I guess that would ruin the point of the team.
If I switch scizor into celebi I lose my boosts and my opponent is forcing switches, probably through hazards. Besides that HP fire celebi isn't exactly uncommon
And outspeeding and ohkoing starmie and latias/latios is a huge deal

+2 252+ Atk Talonflame Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 184 HP / 0 Def Feraligatr: 288-339 (80.67 - 94.95%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Flying Gem Talonflame Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 184 HP / 0 Def Feraligatr: 216-255 (60.5 - 71.42%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Feraligatr Aqua Jet vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 77-90 (25.75 - 30.1%) -- possible 4HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Greninja Night Slash vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 144-169 (48.16 - 56.52%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

With the EVs I gave for Rotom, you still outspeed all common Scizor, Non-Scarf Ttar, and all Magnezone. I didn't check Jelli or Wobbuffet.

If you want to keep Scizor as a bulky variant, I'm all for it. Keep the EVs, but I'd still suggest U-turn >>> Bug Bite and Metal Coat >>> Leftovers. Items that boost one move aren't worth as much as constant recovery.

I still think you should use Gliscor- maybe the acrobatics variant seeing as you're in Pokebank. Then you can still have your rocks and forego some speed for a bulkier variant of the same set.
I was talking about scizor's speed, not rotom-w. I know how speed tiers work, I already said that the reason I have 220 spe on rotom-w is so he "outspeeds jolly breloom, which probably is overkill tbh now that breloom sucks."

You're talking about a completely different set for scizor. I use scizor to scout, revenge kill, and as a secondary win condition. Yes, the choice band set would work too, but it wouldn't sweep nearly as well, and I couldn't use it to lure out and cripple walls like gliscor and landot. If I use bug bite over u-turn, scizor wouldn't be able to function as a scout. I could run leftovers and/or a bulkier spread but often I can bluff a choice set, and besides that metal coat adds a noticeable amount of damage to bullet punch

and acrobatics gliscor with rocks really

It's entirely possible that if you want your team rated, you could actually take our suggestions seriously. Your goal isn't to justify keeping your team exactly the same through defending it endlessly, and being rude to me for helping you is almost offensive. I suppose I'll still wish you good luck in the future, but just be ready to take some feedback the next time you post an RMT.

Civilly,
Fuzz

the poke sweeper

Pokémon Master
Hey dead9 great team but I made minor adjustments. For one as everyone suggested I replaced skarmory with Landorus-T .
Landorus-T
Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 64 Speed/ 212 Def/ 200 Hp/ 32 Atk
~Lax nature
Earthquake
~U-Turn
~Stealth Rock
~Hidden Power Ice
I also changed rotom's ev spread to 252 Hp/ 56 Def/ 200 Sp.Def your spread is fine but I've grown attached to this one over the years. I tried out your Greninja and while it's great and all I just find a special attacker set with life orb is better. I suggest Fat Lenny's set. I also ran McBarrett's Scizor and Kyurem Black set which to say the least helped the team quite a bit. I used your team in a youtube video but gave all credit to you and gave credit to Fat Lenny and McBarrett for their sets that I used. If you want proof I can send you a link because I think if I posted here it would be considered spam.

Fuzzfire101 sorry i'm probably being more of a dick than i need to be
honestly i didn't take you seriously since you started your first post by asking for proof (which is literally in the second line of the rmt) and trashing on fakezor
i'm still kind of being a dick but come on man

the poke sweeper
hey that sounds awesome, send me a link

I tried out a couple of the suggestions. Landot over skarm makes the team play really differently, more like bulky offense. With landot I can't open with rocks and spikes and force switches until things are in KO range; often I can't lead with him at all because of bad lead matchups like rotom-w and greninja
Kyurem-b works ok, he can revenge kill most of the stuff alakazam can anyway, but I no longer have a copout sash alakazam for when I make bad plays. He does destroy skarm though which is very nice since the entire team is pretty skarm weak. He also makes the team a little more rocks weak; I didn't try him with defog scizor but that'd probably help
Bulky rotom-w was a good change

Changing the team to bulky offensive pretty much makes subliechi greninja deadweight though; I'd have to run some kind of mixed LO set as suggested or swap him out for keldeo or something

Anyways I'm done with this team in the foreseeable future, was fun guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)