No Deoxys? No Garchomp? No problem!

This is the team I've been using all day on the Suspect Test ladder. I love it more than anything; it really is a nicer metagame with game breaking threats gone. I think I've won every game but one so far with this team, and I've been playing for several hours.

(o hai I'm filler!)

Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 48 Atk/212 Spd/250 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Fake Out
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat

So far only one lead has been able to stop this, and that is Crobat. Whoever invented this set deserves epic props. As usual, lead Infernape takes out Focus Sash users, sets up Stealth Rock, and usually takes out 1-2 pokemon before going down. Fire Blast off of that SAtk does a whole lot more than one would expect, even when NVE!

---

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 240 HP/164 Def/12 SAtk/92 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

The most useful pokemon in ST Ladder. Takes out 3 of the (maybe) top 5 offensive threats that are Gyarados, Salamence and Heatran. Thunder Wave is very nice to cripple switch ins without fear of Garchomp absorbing it.
---

Spiritomb (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/140 Atk/116 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Will-o-wisp
- Taunt
- Pursuit
- Pain Split

Spiritomb is bloody awesome. Cripples physical attackers and gets 'em on the switch with Pursuit. He can't hurt much else, but he's a great utility and a much needed Gengar counter. Also I must add that Porygon2 and Spiritomb go well together because they resist eachother's "weaknesses" pretty well. They aren't true tanks, but they counter the bigger offensive threats well enough so I don't necessisarily need tanks.
---

Lucario (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP/96 Def/24 Spd/136 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Crunch
- Swords Dance

Bulky Lucario provides the defense I need against Tyranitar. He can easily finish up the game with a sweep without fear of Deoxys or Garchomp revenge kills.
---

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 216 HP/252 Def/40 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Roost

Bulky Salamence! He's here to add extra Ground and Fighting resistance that I need to cover Lucario, the teams big sweeper here. I'm surprised how much damage he does despite no offensive EVs.
---

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP/212 Def/56 SAtk
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Roar

Swampert is a filler, really. I need advice on a status absorber in his place that will do good for this team!
---
That's all, any advice is much appreciated!

I'm no admin, but if one were to see your post they would probably say "needs more synergy description". Also, Swampert can be a good status absorber if you make him EQ, Avalanche, Sleeptalk, Rest. Loses the phasing ability, but gains status absorb. consider it. His ground makes him T-wave immune and now sleep immune. burn could be a problem, and maybe poison, but hey... also consider bronzong, he does a good job...

You could probably just run 252 atk, 252 speed on lucario because the 4x resists alone are enough to switch in on tyranitar as long as it isn't a focus punch or earthquake

Bulky Lucario is an oxymoron, run the standard set. As has been said, getting him in on resistances and sacrifices is enough. He only needs to switch in once a game anyways.

Consider HP ground on Porygon2, it lets it work a 100% counter to Magnezone and it threatens Heatran. You'd be losing twave for it but IMO it's worth it, especially considering how common Heatran is, and how increasingly common Magnezone is becoming, nothing quite like trapping a magnezone for a cheap kill, other than trapping dugtrio for a free kill.

Also, with HP ground on PG2 you don't need Swampert to threaten heatran as badly. Restalk Machamp would kill two birds with one stone. It has sleep talk so it still absorbs status, and it's even better than swampert as a ttar counter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)