NU Index and Reservation Thread

Why can't we have a serious Shedinja analysis? It's often a gimmick but it can prove to be valuable for some scenarios, but "the leading competitive Pokémon website" doesn't give any good information on using it besides the most obvious old set in the book. I understand giving a stupid analysis to a literally useless Pokémon like Unown, but Shedinja has a specific niche which I think deserves more appreciation.

I don't write but I would do the research for somebody if they would

Edit: Elaborating, the first part is written properly but as soon as the idea of options besides those 4 moves comes up, any amount of seriousness is out the window

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Why can't we have a serious Shedinja analysis? It's often a gimmick but it can prove to be valuable for some scenarios, but "the leading competitive Pokémon website" doesn't give any good information on using it besides the most obvious old set in the book. I understand giving a stupid analysis to a literally useless Pokémon like Unown, but Shedinja has a specific niche which I think deserves more appreciation.

I was under the impression that this was a fairly serious analysis. Despite a few jokes here and there, it contains most of the vital information and gets down to business when it needs to. Shedinja is not listed in the "joke" Pokemon category in the OP, regardless.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright, so the dealine has been reached.

These Pokémon / analyses can be taken over to be written. Links are provided to each skeleton, so use them as a reference when you start writing them. When you have taken over any of these analyses, you have to the 17th of March to write them.

However, the analyses in the list below has had their deadlines moved to the 17th as well, due to the short time they got compared to the above.

Camerupt - November Blue
Carracosta - col49
Gabite - SuperJOCKE
Haunter - November Blue
Lapras - Komodo
Masquerain - November Blue
Noctowl - SuperJOCKE
Skuntank - Zebraiken
Stantler - SuperJOCKE
Sunflora - Jellicent
Tropius - TrollFreak

And I also wanna see erisia's Omanyte analysis up as soon as possible.

Any questions can be directed to me or tennisace. However, do not complain about the time given. 1 week is enough, and some of you have had even more time on your hands.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I claim Eelektross

and probably anything else that no one picks up over the next couple days

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Omanyte's skeleton has been posted. Luxray's defensive set still needs QCing. Links in signature.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
okay, i can see that the deadline was called a few hours ago, but basculin has been written and awaits gp

posting here because i don't want BTzz to waste their time on an analysis that is basically done already!!

apologies for being after the deadline but i didn't realise it was going to be called on that hour in particular which is like, 7 am for me, although i had many weeks and so no excuse etc etc

ANYWAY if you want it, basculin is here

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The deadline was long over when I posted that list, by 2 hours (we're going after EST). However, since you have already written it, I'll let it slide this time. The deadline was for everyone, and you had a really good amount of time to write it.

This should be up to date. I'm a little tired today so let me know if something's wrong.

Also, only Lairon left now.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Edit: Elaborating, the first part is written properly but as soon as the idea of options besides those 4 moves comes up, any amount of seriousness is out the window
There is literally one "joke" paragraph in the entire analysis. Of course Shedinja is going to be the butt of a few jokes since it's a silly concept and Gamefreak enjoys trolling us (Final Gambit with 1 hp is too good). However we all know that Shedinja has a few uses, like walling Kyogre (or in NU, common pkmn like Jynx and Mesprit and Gorebyss).

Anyway I'd like to thank everyone prematurely for (mostly) getting these analyses done in a timely manner. The reason we're being lax with this deadline is because such a large majority of analyses are at least written that it's not going to take too too much to get them all up before the April tier shift (at which point depending on what happens we'll need new analyses/revamps). So yeah thanks everyone, and if you still have analyses to do, get them written/edited/gp'd/qc'd or whatever.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
damn midterms coming up, so i probobly won't finish Tropius before the deadline, sorry for the hold up :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)