NU Smogcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
op c/p'd from Can-Eh-Dian's in July

Hello everyone! I'm just making this thread to announce that the NU council is going to be hosting a Smogcast on the Smogon Twitch Channel tomorrow (December 9th) at 8 PM EST, to talk about the new metagame with the recent drops, possible trends leading to future metagames, and NU's involvement in the tournament scene.

For those of you that don't know what a Smogcast is, here is a link to this summer's NU smogcast. Its basically a bunch of nerds who know a lot about pokemon talking about pokemon (also facecam may be happening so you'll be able to see what we look like!). Myself, Disjunction, Kiyo, and Can-Eh-Dian will be hosting this upcoming cast.

The purpose of this thread is to generate some hype, as well as generate some discussion topics. If there's anything you want us to talk about in the cast that is related to the NU metagame, just make a post in this thread and we'll try and fit it in somewhere in the cast. We hope to see you guys there!

Last edited:

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
right so about that, I'm not gonna be able to make it, sorry guys! a friend of mine has some family stuff going on and asked me to work for her. have a good one without me though.

also talk about the future of the metagame. nu has been much the same for a long time now, and our new drops have the potential to shake things up a lot. more than just what mons will be used, how do you think these new mons will alter common team structures and archetypes, and how do you think games will play out with the new guys?

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Can-Eh-Dian will be taking ryan's place and also letting you guys know that we moved the stream to tomorrow night at 8 PM EST because Kiyo just recently found out that he couldn't make it tonight.

^sniped, the exact time we're shooting for is at 3:15 EST or in about 35 minutes from the time of this post! try to get in some last minute questions so we can have stuff to talk about.

Are you guys just going over the new drops and their effect on the metagame or also other mons that got worse/better and what playstyles got worse/better?

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What potential drops from RU do you think would have a positive effect on the metagame?

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Do you believe anything is suspect worthy a the moment? Things I have in my mind are Vivillion, Sawk or maybe Sceptile :0

Which new drops should warrant their own counter/check to have when teambuilding, if any.

To help clarify: Teams generally want a musharna and Mega audino check. Would any of the new drops need to have that same attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)