ORAS NU NU Zangoose Team

Hey, this is the first team I've posted. There'll probably be a lot of holes and huge counters and I'd like to hear anybody's suggestions. Basically , the team focuses around Toxic Boost Zangoose.

Teambuilding

Basically I started at the core of a strong, fast Zangoose for sweeping.

Second, I needed somebody to switch into for fighting attacks and to scare them off or deal with them. Musharna does this perfectly

Toxic Boost Zangoose has a massive weakness to stallers. I've found vigoroth to be an effective stallbreaker.

I thought that a sticky web would really help Zangoose outspeed more pokemon than it would be able to before. Ariados can also set up toxic spikes for good residual damage.

I needed a defoger if I was going to switch much, and I thought articuno fit in well with my team

Probopass can set up rocks to break any sturdies/sashes and can serve as a good counter to rock types, which this team is fairly weak to.

Details

Zangoose@Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
EVs: 252 Spe, 248 Atk, 8 Def
Jolly Nature
-Protect
-Facade
-Knock Off
-Close Combat

Basically, the core of the team. With good speed and great power, this Zangoose has great sweeping potential. Basically,facade is main stab, knock off is for hitting ghosts and close combat is for rock/steel types. Protect is for safely getting your toxic boost up.

Musharna@Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Def, 248 SpDe, 8 SpAtk
Modest Nature
-Psychic
-Moonlight
-Calm Mind
-Hidden Power Fighting

Musharna serves as a defensive wall and a counter to fighting types. It covers zangooses big weakness and does fairly well offensively with a calm mind psychic combination. Moonlight is obviously for healing and hp fighting is for hitting dark and steel types.

Vigoroth@Eviolite
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 SpDef, 248 Hp, 8 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Return
-Slack Off
-Bulk Up
-Taunt

Vigoroth is mainly for breaking toxic/sleep stallers. With eviolite and good EVs it has some good bulk, especially with bulk up. Slack off is for healing, bulk up nicely boosts your attack and defense, taunt prevents your opponent from setting up boosts for themselves and return is nice stab.

Ariados@Focus Sash
Ability:Insomnia
EVs: 252 Spe, 248 Atk, 8 SpDe
Jolly Nature
-Sticky Web
-Toxic Spikes
-Megahorn
-Cross Poison

Basically Ariados is for setting a sticky web and, if it can, setting up Toxic spikes. Other than the hazards, megahorn and cross poison is in case ariados needs to attack to clean up later in the game.

Articuno@Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Def, 248 Hp, 8 SpDef
Bold Nature
-Ice Beam
-Roost
-Defog
-Roar

Basically, Articuno is my team's resident defogger. With roost for healing and roar to debuff buffed up pokemons, this Articuno is really good for messing up your opponent's plans.

Probopass@Air Balloon
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Hp, 248 Atk, 4 Def
Adamant Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Flash Cannon
-Earth Power
-Volt Switch

Probopass is a reliable rock setter with volt switch to pivot out, flash cannon for main stab and earth power for coverage. It should be used to set up rocks at the beginning and it can play offensively later in the game.

Basically, you lead with Ariados, set up as many traps as you can, then switch into Probopass, who can set rocks and pivot out into Zangoose safely with it's low speed. From there, Zangoose can just sweep and switch where appropriate.

Former team members

Scyther@Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk, 248 Spe, 8 Def
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Bug Bite
-Aerial Ace
-Roost

I originally chose scyther over Probopass as Scyther is a premium revenge killer but then I noticed two things: One, my team's massive weakness to rock and it's lack of stealth rocks. I decided that Probopass did the job better than Scyther.

Last edited:
so far i just saw the team but to me it seems like it might need a rapid spinner a lot more than a defogger so id recommend a sandslash/avalugg. who knows ima test this team out in 3 battles and post that when im done

Hi, I'm going to take a look at the team soon too, first thing though before I do:
I agree with Galvantla Talk
recommend a sandslash/avalugg
and you can have a more potent physical wall in 'Lugg particularly.

The other thing is that I recommend using the Smogon CM Mushy set because having HP EVs tends to be more useful than investing in both defenses:

Musharna @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Signal Beam / HP [Fight]

Will give full rate in a moment if I get to it

Alright so this is with your team. It did really bad at countering common things such as hariyama
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-nu-277284479
so then i changed it and ill a importable here as well but here is the new team and ill explain it
Obviosly if you have sticky web rarely a scarfer willoutspeed you since base 90 is really good and i would think that most mons are modest or adamant when scarfed in the lower tiers for that power so i kept zangoose basically the same
Then i built musharna phy def so that it could come in on real close combats and knocks cause hariyama was a real threat to this team.
Vigoroth i changed to just have a bulkier nature to better protect him against attacks
Next ariados was kept the same suicide lead is pretty good for this so yeah
Claydol was a new addition with special defense mainly cause scarfed pyroar threw a huge dent to the team so yeah. also claydol gets rapid spin which is really helpful to hazard stack
Hitmonchan is spd as well thats just preference., he can be run offensive max hp max att but i just use this to make sure to have cleaner checks to pyroar so that i dont have to worry about the dark pulse at all. hitmonchan also can slightly check a hariyama to the point where in a 1vs 1 its come down to if hariyama is banded The band kills with close combat none band kills with 2 close combats and the combo of close combat and bullet punch doesnt kill if you still have leftovers
Heres the team I built fully importable (change the nicknames if you want)
Pirate (Zangoose) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Lulaby (Musharna) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

U WANNA FIGHT (Vigoroth) @ Eviolite
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Return
- Slack Off
- Bulk Up
- Taunt

Die (Ariados) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Toxic Spikes
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab

Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Muhammed Ali (Hitmonchan) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Protect
- Earthquake

New Replays
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-nu-277290763
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-nu-277294865

Thanks, man, I was wondering if someone was gonna give me some feedback. I'll try out the switched up team as soon as I can. I was noticing that sometimes musharna could be a little less bulky than it could, as it couldn't take strong neutral effective hits. Thanks a lot for replying

Thanks, man, I was wondering if someone was gonna give me some feedback. I'll try out the switched up team as soon as I can. I was noticing that sometimes musharna could be a little less bulky than it could, as it couldn't take strong neutral effective hits. Thanks a lot for replying
Btw, my zangoose is nicknamed KO

Btw, I tried out the new team. It works a lot better than the old one, but I was getting creamed by mismagius, dusclops, archeops and swellow and hitmonchan wasn't really doing anything so I brought back Probopass. With claydol rock setting, I could switch up a few moves from the original set. Here's the set.

Probopass @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Power Gem
- Thunder Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Okay, let me just say that claydol is an AMAZING addition to my team. It works well with Probopass, who now has open spots, without SR and earth power, to be a better offensive set.

i guess but then i havent been able to try it maybe a more specially defensive set for probopass
i might try that or im gonna see if there is a counter for both pyroar and mismagius in another pokemon

i guess but then i havent been able to try it maybe a more specially defensive set for probopass
i might try that or im gonna see if there is a counter for both pyroar and mismagius in another pokemon
I used a damage calculator and with leftys, no crit and no burn, flamethrower is a guaranteed 4hko on Probopass, and fire blast is guaranteed 3hko, while with nothing invested in SpDef, Power gem has a 37.5% chance to Ohko pyroar, I'll try 252 SpAtk, 144 SpDef and 112 Hp though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)