Offensive suspect

For a change of pace, I thought I'd try to build an offensive team. It's been doing okay so far but there's definitely room for improvement. This team is for the suspect metagame, although it can be used in standard since the Latis are pretty much interchangable. The main problems I've found with this team is that stall pretty much bones and so does DD Mence, which is a massive pain.

Team at a Glance

Bronzong @ Occa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/86 Atk/80 Def/92 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Gyro Ball

An old staple. The main purpose of this lead is to get SR, tank hits and then boom when needed. Occa Berry allows it to take on Heatran and Infernape leads who usually SR first and then proceed to get 2KOed. Beats Metagross one on one without an attack raise and ties to Explosion variants. I'm not really happy with this spot since all it really does is get SR up and then die (not due to Explosion though!). Suggestions for a replacement are welcome.
---

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Toxic
- Substitute

Subtran. Toxic is marvellos on this thing is it allows it to cripple bulky waters that otherwise give my team a hard time, esp Gyarados. Its resistance are also very useful as well I guess. I've been very pleased with Tran's performance so far.
---

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Restalk Gyrardos - checks some powerful threats such as Scizor, Lucario and Heatran, asorbs status andcan also provide some offensive muscle if it gets setup. Works in combination with Heatran since it resists Heatran's ground and fighting weaks while Heatran cripples opposing waters, maiing Gyarados' life much easier. He's been doing so far - stops what he is meant to stop although SR is a massive pain.
---

Flygon (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP/252 Atk/184 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

More or less a speedy revenge killer and scout. Stone Edge is mainly for revenging DD Gyarados without getting locked into Outrage. Forms part of the dragon + steel defensive combination as well I guess. U_Turn is really the main reason this guy sees use as it allows me to continually put pressure on my oppenent. This guy has been doing okay aswell, I just wish he would hit a fraction harder. Currently experimenting with a Latias/Latios over this guy.
---

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/40 Atk/216 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Standard CB Tar. The main reason for the large amount of special defence is to take repeated hits form Zapdos, Jolteon, Latis and et al. Pursuit helps remove Rotom from the playing field, which is quite handy since it can be a massive pain to take down with this team.

---
Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 240 HP/56 Atk/212 SDef
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

CB Scizor using Stellar's EV spread. Helps with the Lati twins again as well as stuff like Starmie. BP is for priority while U_Turn is for scouting. I'm considering BB over Superpower to deal with dual screen but no one really uses that anymore, so meh. This guy's been doing alright.
---

Thanks for the rates guys!

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The team looks quite good, and considering it's one of your first more offensive team attempts, I'd say you've done rather well with it :)

I have to say, do you really think you need to be oh-so defensive with that Scizor? With Bronzong, Heatran and Tyranitar, I'd say you have the Lati-twins well in check. You can even revenge kill it with Flygon if it comes to it. The same goes for Starmie really, while it's more difficult to switch in on, you can easily revenge kill it with Tyranitar's Pursuit, and if you're revenge killing, Scizor doesn't need all that Special Defence, you can just Pursuit Starmie with your 394 Attack for a KO.

If you free up your EVs on Scizor to allow maximum Attack, you'll have a much better chance at stopping Salamence earlier, before it causes a huge deal of damage to your team. Bullet Punch will do 58.73% - 68.98% to a 6/0 Salamence. So if you factor in your Stealth Rock and Sandstorm damage, along with potential Life Orb damage, you have a very good chance of getting rid of Salamence rather instantly.

As for the problems with stall teams, maybe try Aqua Tail on Tyranitar to hopefully win out against Hippowdon easier. A mixape could also be worth trying, but it's difficult to determine what's best to replace.

joshe

the best
Good team. As said by havak you don't really need those SpDef evs on scizor so i suggest:

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 176 HP/252 Atk/80 SDef
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Still keeps it kinda bulky while sporting that 394 atk.

Good luck with the team =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)