Big (Official) Cyberpunk Mafia - The Many [s]Others[/s] Steamrollers Rolled Over You.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
What Walrein said is valid except for the part where he'd be the exclusive town contact with mafia factions when he is nowhere near even "probable town" status yet
If I'm mafia, what's my goal in this situation? None of what I proposed would require me to have any sort of info on town players.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I mean you'd get to be the contact with other mafia factions at the very least, which is obviously relevant when mafias want to find their target factions
I fully expect that the mafia factions will communicate with each other through means beyond just myself. It would be suicidal for them to not do so.

To any new player who might have missed this :
  1. There are 4 teams: the Many Others (Village of 25), and 3 Mafias of 5 (the Cyborgs, the AIs, and the Robots). There are no neutrals.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
oops hit enter lol

my goal is to direct alliance checks to different people to check as many as possible. even if some of the people who contact me are mafia there's obviously ways of parsing that, I just want to limit cross targeting as much as possible. also, I'm probably going to organize a few persuades on a rand alias to get a lynch not controlled by mafia. I've been contactef by probably 10 ppl, want more :))

Especially for newer players, keep in mind mafia's will want your role information and at this point in the game, with what information has been made public, there's a ~38% chance anyone claiming is mafia and wishes to control village for their own (mafia) faction. So be vigilant when claiming and don't do so unless there's a good reason.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i'd rather risk double targeting than have everyone's targets controlled by 1 man

for example, if josh is mafia, he is never going to have anyone on his team be targeted by an alliance check. even if we catch a couple of mafias, we are just giving josh's team a huge lead

also, we have to remember that, according to the rules, results are not infallible. josh's team could very well have a mole role who he plans on having checked so he can lead.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i'd rather risk double targeting than have everyone's targets controlled by 1 man

for example, if josh is mafia, he is never going to have anyone on his team be targeted by an alliance check. even if we catch a couple of mafias, we are just giving josh's team a huge lead

also, we have to remember that, according to the rules, results are not infallible. josh's team could very well have a mole role who he plans on having checked so he can lead.
I think every team has at least 1 godfather and probably 2 ways to deal with insects considering a third of the game can inspect

I also said id give a pool of targets, and if I don't give my teammates then that'll be evident late game upon action claiming. plus, it falls apart pretty quickly.

I'm pretty sure everyone who's played with me knows I always try to lead when possible, and that's why I said I'm okay if you contact me and touch base even if you don't want to claim, I'm aware most people won't claim this early even though quite a few already have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)