Official E3 2010 Topic

I just saw the preview for the new NFS game. I cant believe EA is still pumping cash into series like that. They should have fixed Warhammer :(

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just saw the preview for the new NFS game. I cant believe EA is still pumping cash into series like that. They should have fixed Warhammer :(
Need for Speed sells a shitton. Warhammer Online did not pan out well for them and they're moving on to The Old Republic for their MMO dreams. Also, this NFS is by Criterion (Burnout guys) and not Blackbox who handled most of the series. Blackbox is currently working on the NFS that will come out in 2011.

Nintendo 3DS ftw!

Well, simply put, Nintendo Won E3. Its funny because Nintendo went for new things, remakes, and GAMES! Bringing back older gamers with Goldeneye and LoZ: OoT and Star Fox 64 and more remakes. The other two systems went for Wii Killers, and they sort of failledddd... Considering the Kinect costs just as much as the Wii, and each of the Ps3 Move remotes are $100 each, sooo they will not be very successful. Good luck Sony and Microsoft, because Nintendo isn't dying as quickly as you hoped =)
The highly anticipated 3DS was what had them win by a landslide imo. The trailer at the E3 expo site is great, showing the 3D aspect of an upcoming Mario game. The 3D aspect itself isnt the only thing crazy about it. It constantly scans for wifi access and other games, even in sleep mode. The price should be lower than all the other upcoming system releases (as almost always with Nintendo). Nintendo out did themselves, its no wonder it won.

Unfortunately for the future of gaming, too much watching of 3D is very, very bad for your eyes...as in, you eventually start to lose the ability to see in 3D in real life. It's the reason they haven't done much 3D til now - the technology's been around for ages. Lucky you can turn the 3D off on the 3DS....still, sad. :(

Unfortunately for the future of gaming, too much watching of 3D is very, very bad for your eyes...as in, you eventually start to lose the ability to see in 3D in real life. It's the reason they haven't done much 3D til now - the technology's been around for ages. Lucky you can turn the 3D off on the 3DS....still, sad. :(
What?

Care to share a reliable source for this? I highly doubt this is true.

There's been alot of studies on 3D ruining vision. It isn't breaking news.

I'm pretty positive every big news outlet has had some kind of story or study on this subject. I'll just let Moussaka post his references, I'm not in the mood to be a googlefag.

There's been alot of studies on 3D ruining vision. It isn't breaking news.

I'm pretty positive every big news outlet has had some kind of story or study on this subject. I'll just let Moussaka post his references, I'm not in the mood to be a googlefag.
How likely is it, though? They said TV ruins your vision, when it doesn't really.

I don't see how looking at two pictures is going to ruin your vision.

How likely is it, though? They said TV ruins your vision, when it doesn't really.

I don't see how looking at two pictures is going to ruin your vision.
This article explains how 3D does harm your vision but only when its done improperly.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/entertainment&id=7278834

For those of you who didn't read it, it shouldn't really do anything to your eyes so long as your eyes can focus on one object at a time. So its really up to how Nintendo makes their games. It should be fine since you only experience more depth in the game rather than multiple things actually popping out at you at once.

Apparently the 3DS doesn't work for some people with vision problems like astigmatisms and such, thank god for the slider though, cause the system looks fantastic with or without the 3D

Need for Speed sells a shitton. Warhammer Online did not pan out well for them and they're moving on to The Old Republic for their MMO dreams. Also, this NFS is by Criterion (Burnout guys) and not Blackbox who handled most of the series. Blackbox is currently working on the NFS that will come out in 2011.
Agreed because correct me if I'm wrong, but NFS is EA's best selling title so its not gonna go away that easy. Shift may not suit the tuner fans that has attached itself to this series 7 years ago, or the hardcore fans that have been dying ever since but it was solid game a far cry from the Undercover that tried way too hard to be like Most Wanted using it predecessors flawed physcis or the equally bad Pro Street that was summed up as unfinished.

Personally I'm glad Black Box was axed when it came to coming up with the next NFS. Criterion's Burnout series may not get the same sort of hype as NFS, but they prove themselves time again to know what makes a damn good game inside out (Paradise was like win smothered in awesome sauce 89) and wasted no time giving the fans what they wanted.

Killzone 3..... Here's what should happen. We get more back story on sev, and ultimately get a strong emotional response from him, because everyone and their mom who played killzone wants more focus on sev. Oh and Rico dies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)