Official "I want to edit an analysis" thread (read first post)

...something for Shedinja, if that's okay.

Shedinja @ Choice Band
Adamant nature
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Whatever
~ Shadow Ball
~ Silver Wind
~ HP Fighting
~ Toxic

Say you have an EndRev medicham on your team, but once you're at 1 HP your opponnent just has to send out Tyranitar and Medicham is dead. This Shedinja is here for the purpose of luring out TTar; you send it in on something that can't hit it, and select HP Fighting. They'll obviously switch out to something that can hit it, which gets hit by Hidden Power, then Shedinja switches out to a counter for the move the opponnent is most likely going to use. (It's easy to predict this, because not many moves hit shedinja.)

Now, arena trap doesn't trap Shedinja, so doing this can be very annoying, and your opponnent may very well want to send out their Tyranitar, because TTar kills Shedinja without having to attack it. It gets OHKOed by HP Fighting, and after you change the weather with something like Exeggutor, Medicham is free to sweep their team.

Ta da.

...oh, another thing Shedinja can do is grudge on the switch. In uber, they often switch to Metagross with pursuit; so, now you switch out. Metagross can either kill Shedinja (*poof*, Metagross no longer has the means to hurt it) or use earthquake/meteor mash (send in groudon or something). To a lesser extent, if you think that Metagross is planning on using Pursuit, you can switch to Magneton or Dugtrio and trap and kill metagross with Earthquake/HP Fire. It's a little far-fetched, but with prediction it could work.

Not really, because two moves that Heracorss almost always has one or the other of, Rock Slide and Brick Break, heavily damage Houndoom.
But hera is never faster than houndoom, and flamethrower ohko's hera. As for gar, i've always come in on him without a problem, especially when he uses ice punch, giga drain, fire punch, or psychic. I simply pursuit him or crunch if i think he's staying in. he's dead either way, the only time oyu don't go in is when you know he's gonna sub up.

But a counter has to switch in, and even a megahorn absolutely destroys houndoom. 2HKO at least.

EDIT: I don't want to post again, but yeah, I was kinda wondering why Jeffro brought up cross.

Uh, I've been playing with set this a bit, and it seems to work okay.

Moltres@Leftovers
Sunny Day
Will-o-wisp
HP Fighting
Aerial Ace/Fire Blast

Adamant with AA, Brave with FB. Most people see a moltres and immediately send in Snorlax, Blissey, or T-tar if they have them. WoW can catch t-tar and snorlax on the switch for some major crippling (also messes up aerodactyl a lot and Suicune a bit, and Swampert doesn't like it), and then you switch out to pretend that they succeeded in stopping your Moltres. Bring moltres back in later in the battle and they should bring t-tar back out... if it's at around 65% HP or less (your WoW shoulda done something) hit them with HP Fighting and they'll die. Then sunny day to erase sandstorm. So, the purpose of this set is to get reassurance for your reversal medicham/heracross, or your berry boosted sweeper or whatever else is screwed by ss... Max ATK EVs of course.

You may say that this is too situational and only works against ppl with t-tars. I do think that 1.) The WoW will mess up most common switchins, and 2.) Making sure they don't have t-tar available when your team has a whatever you call them (low-HP sweepers?) is worth it, cuz if they didn't have one in the first place you have a nice chance to sweep.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Meteor Mash
- Reflect

Basically a Tankgross. Reflect helps beat things like Dugtrio that come in to ruin your fun. Best with wish support. Explosion for things that are hard to take out like Blissey and can be followed up with a Dugtrio (Jolly will most likely work) in order to beat anything that Explosion does not kill outright.
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 92 Def / 76 SDef
It's meant to be able to come in and take a hit, Reflect, and stay in for a little to dent some stuff.

Also, in the Salamence analysis, in the EVs, these are a good baseline for Wishmence w/ Fire Blast or Dragon Claw:
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 16 Spd / 16 SDef

Houndoom is a very shaky Gengar counter IMO; Focus Punch will KO it so it can't switch into that. Substitute will fuck it, too. Not to mention some Thunderbolts 2HKO some Houndooms. It will kill Gengar with Pursuit/Crunch, but it has some trouble getting in.

Houndoom is a very shaky Gengar counter IMO; Focus Punch will KO it so it can't switch into that. Substitute will fuck it, too. Not to mention some Thunderbolts 2HKO some Houndooms. It will kill Gengar with Pursuit/Crunch, but it has some trouble getting in.
yeah that makes sence i knew sub would completely mess that up, but i forgot to realize the modest versions with t-bolt.

SubPunch Machamp should be added:
@Leftovers
Substitute
Focus Punch
Hidden Power Ghost/Rock Slide/Hidden Power Rock
Encore

It stops Weezing, Dusclops, and Gengar in their tracks, 3 common Machamp switchins.

Im confused

I hear you cannot have Surf and Volt Tackle on a Pikachu at the same time correct? Then why do you have Volt Tackle and Surf on the same move set on the Pikachu section. Is it possible to have both moves on them?

Notice the / before the Volt Tackle. It means that you use Thunderbolt with Surf, but you are right it should say somewhere that Volt Tackle+Surf is illegal, and you need another option in that surf spot. Toxic fits the job. I would use Thunderbolt anyways.

Hey, well, as my first post i probably will say some trash but... let´s go so. Since i experienced this in my beloved Venusaur...:

Earthquake, Sludge Bomb, Frenzy Plant, Giga Drain

I have been watching some curiosities in my poke. Mean, first, two phisical damage moves, since i got STAB Sludge Bomb i managed to make science that this Set is good for taking on Grass type and can hold some fire pokemons. As none had mentioned Frenzy Plant in the Analisys i thought it was useless but with half the Health Power using probably Salac Berry it´s a destructive grass type attack, though brings me a problem, with 5 pps (8 pps) it´s some kind of boring cuz when i need to do a weaker grass type attack (specially, not be stoped for one turn) i need to watch the poor pool of grass moves to Venusaur. I decided to try Razor Leaf but, really, i rarely managed to achieve a critical (normally i play pokémon without using itens). Thinked in Magical Leaf but, this is a good move? I had some experience with faint attack with sneasel and it had not come to good. Now im using upgraded Giga Drain, since i think it is a good move, but it is also not much stronger (well, i still can use salac berry and half Health Points). Without thinking that this set the favorite target for skarmory i think it is good but with some poor 203 attack and 235 SpA what could i use to make my Venusaur be more useful?

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Frenzy Plant is useless and the fact you aren't taking advantage of 2 of Venusaur's greatest assets (Leech Seed and Sleep Powder) is wasteful. Most things in Standard kill this hard.

I have about 57,000 changes I've thought up so this post will be updated everytime I remember them.

Dewgong-A piece of crap right? Right. So then a crap move like Fake Out to surprise things like EndRevvers might be cool.

Magneton-SkarmKiller ok thanks. Why not use Screech + HP Fighting/Return/HP Steel as an option to fuck with Blissey while you are at it? (I will make a post on mixed maggy sometime soon)

Dugtrio-Zomg "u gotz trapd nub". Slash could be mentioned if you would like to go on a late-game CH rampage sorta-thing.

Macargo-It gets Rock STAB, therefore it can CB...right?! Maybe a CB Rock Slide/EQ/Overheat/Selfdestruct. Most importantly SELFDESTRUCT. That move needs a mention imo.

Ludicolo-Sup I'm a mexican loser on happy pills. My way of beating a Blissey is to annoy it to death, roflcopter. Focus Punch needs a mention.

Nosepass-Thunder/Taunt makes Skarm go to hell. Thunder/Taunt/Sub gives it a free sub! Thunder/Taunt/Sub/Focus Punch hurts Blissey (Focus Punch replacing Explosion)

Wailord-Boom-Whale has been mentioned but imo the best Wailord which I use in NU with Wish support, is Toxic/Surf/Ice Beam/Selfdestruct.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
I have about 57,000 changes I've thought up so this post will be updated everytime I remember them.

Dewgong-A piece of crap right? Right. So then a crap move like Fake Out to surprise things like EndRevvers might be cool.

Endure effectively shuts down Dewgong if used when the opponent expects Fake Out.

Magneton-SkarmKiller ok thanks. Why not use Screech + HP Fighting/Return/HP Steel as an option to fuck with Blissey while you are at it? (I will make a post on mixed maggy sometime soon)

Way too situational, and most people send in a fast Earthquaker to finish business.

Dugtrio-Zomg "u gotz trapd nub". Slash could be mentioned if you would like to go on a late-game CH rampage sorta-thing.

Please no. STABed Earthquake does more than CH Slash.
Magcargo can't CB for shit with its spectacular 50 base attack.

Thats the thing, people dont expect a Fake Out. And I'm not saying this should be the new standard magneton and everyone needs one or you are a crappy battler, I'm saying its merely and option.

PS: NU is shit. :D

Entei @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 236 Atk / 140 Spd / 100 SAtk / 32 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Psych Up

No Idea on EVs, But Jolly is a good nature(+Speed - Def might be better). Maybe but the Sp.Def EVs in Sp.Atk. Pretty Much this Murders Stat Uppers. DDTar? Eat a Dragon Danced HP Fighting! Curselax? Hp Fighting. Skarmory? Eat hot Flamethrower. Body Slam Because PAR is nice. I Believe this Outspeed Tyraniboah(And it, on average, Deals enough Damage to lower T-tars HP so he can't Sub. A +1 in attack does 96%-100%).

Frenzy Plant is useless and the fact you aren't taking advantage of 2 of Venusaur's greatest assets (Leech Seed and Sleep Powder) is wasteful. Most things in Standard kill this hard.

Ok, ok, agree. But still thinking about Frenzy Plant, what will occur in a exchange of Giga Drain for Sleep Powder?

This is a TTar set I stole from Toy.

TTar @ Lefties
Brave Nature (112 HP, 160 Atk, 40 Spd, 196 SAtk)
Fire Blast/Thunder
Focus Punch
Hidden Power Grass
Rock Slide
This set counters all of TTar's counters. HP Grass 2HKO's most Pert's and if you use FP you're set. FB kills skarm and forry. FP kills lax. Rock Slide if none of those show up, also kills Sally.

Edit @ GS: TBolt works, but the team I use it on has no other Fire attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)