Official NBA 2011-12 Season Thread

Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best

Also come on, after the way Kidd was relevant to the Mavericks as they crushed the Lakers and Thunder and rallied past the Heat, teams would have to be stupid to not want Nash. Oh wait, NBA management...okay, you have a point after all.

Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best Mavericks are the best

Also come on, after the way Kidd was relevant to the Mavericks as they crushed the Lakers and Thunder and rallied past the Heat, teams would have to be stupid to not want Nash. Oh wait, NBA management...okay, you have a point after all.
:happybrain:

Phoenix Suns can't bring in more players to build around Nash, its getting too late for that. The Suns organization needs to rebuild from scratch and should trade Nash to a team where they at least get a profitable Draft Pick for next season and a couple players.

Nash should've won a Championship years ago, if only he would have stuck around 5 more years with the Mavericks. I wouldn't be happy if I were Nash to be playing with a team that has no playoff indications nor Championship level basketball. Whatever he decides to do, ultimately a great point guard like him don't come around often, any smart team would take their chances and sign him.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Phoenix Suns can't bring in more players to build around Nash, its getting too late for that. The Suns organization needs to rebuild from scratch and should trade Nash to a team where they at least get a profitable Draft Pick for next season and a couple players.

Nash should've won a Championship years ago, if only he would have stuck around 5 more years with the Mavericks. I wouldn't be happy if I were Nash to be playing with a team that has no playoff indications nor Championship level basketball. Whatever he decides to do, ultimately a great point guard like him don't come around often, any smart team would take their chances and sign him.
Only thing is back then, Cuban thought he was worthless and not worth the money I thought, hence why he went back to the Suns?

But yeah, Nash definitely should've won many championships long ago, and now his last chances are being pretty much squandered since he's stuck on a rebuild mode team...I think this is the last year (or second to last?) he's under contract for the Suns anyways, so as sad as it will be, they will likely decide to move him for value. Either that or he retires as a Sun if he resigns, which while fun (as he genuinely likes playing for the Suns), I would imagine leaves an empty feeling somewhere since he could've won a championship.

Uh how did Cuban think he was worthless? It was more along the lines of a minor personal sleight than anything. Cuban must have figured he could just buy another Nash, if anything (which was a mistake).

Uh how did Cuban think he was worthless? It was more along the lines of a minor personal sleight than anything. Cuban must have figured he could just buy another Nash, if anything (which was a mistake).
That's just what I remeber reading from a while back, all I know for certain is they didn't want to offer/match what the Suns put on the table, so they let him walk.

There are lots of teams that are interested in Nash, but he's not all that interested in leaving. He's certainly not demanding a trade (the Suns offered to trade him to a contender for the twilight of his career and he declined).

The biggest stories of this year will be in the destinations of Dwight Howard, CP3, Nene, and perhaps D-Will. Lots of crazy possibilities.

The Heat will likely end up with Dalembert (unless Nene was serious when he said he doesn't care about money at all). This will be a substantial upgrade at Center and with Haslem back as well it's hard to see any team finishing with a better record in the regular season. Perhaps a healthy Bulls squad can challenge them, but nobody else seems likely. If the Heat end up with Nene it's pretty much game over for the league barring catastrophic injury.

I hope the Clippers are good. They're reportedly one of two teams CP3 wants to play for and unlike the Knicks, the Clips have pieces to trade and cap room. Even without upgrading their roster, Mo Williams/Gordon/?/Griffin/Kaman is pretty good and if they're healthy they could win 35-40 games in this shortened season (they were pretty good for the second half of last season).

I fully expect the Knicks to be underwhelming unless they can manage to steal CP3 or Dwight Howard somehow, but they have nothing of trade value. Best case scenario for them one of the superstars holds out until next season and the Knicks can pick 'em up. This season is a lost cause, though.

Which team will be the worst? The Bobcats make a compelling argument for this one, most non-Charlotte fans probably can't even name 2 Bobcats. The Cavs are still going to be bottom feeders even if Irving and Thompson live up to expectations early on, The Wolves may still suck (IMO Rubio is one of the most incredibly overrated players ever), the Raptors won't have Valuncianas and their roster is still lamentable, if the Hornets trade Chris Paul early they'll probably be one of the worst teams in the league, and the Pistons don't really have much going for them other than Greg Monroe. Also the Kings and Wizards are still bad, sorry.

Which teams have a legit shot of winning this year? The Heat and the Bulls are both in strong positions to take the title (and yes, the Bulls DEFINITELY need to address their SG woes), the Thunder will finally be in a position to be the best team in the Western Conference. Tyson Chandler has all but promised he won't be a Maverick next year, condemning them to a likely second round exit. The Lakers are in the mix but it's hard to really predict with Bynum's health, Mike Brown as head couch, and a roster that won't be improved any over last season (unless they swing a big trade).

The Celtics are probably just about done. That team won't be able to handle 3 games in 3 nights, their bench is looking pretty shallow, they don't have cap space, they don't have anyone at Center except Jermaine O'Neal's corpse, and KG is nearing the end.

The Magic are about to enter a horrible rebuilding mode and probably won't even take one last shot at a championship (think Nuggets from last year). If you're a Magic fan, just hope you get a good deal for Dwight.

The Hawks will be the same team they always are.

The Knicks may win a round in the playoffs this year but don't have a reasonable chance of winning a 7 game series against the Bulls or Heat.

The Spurs have an outside shot of getting deep in the playoffs but their window is nearly shut. Duncan won't be able to put in even 30 minutes a night and Ginobli is getting old, too.

The Grizzlies may lose Marc Gasol this free agency period (though probably not). If they do, they're not really anything anymore. If they don't, I still don't expect them to do any better than reaching the second round in the West if they're lucky.

The Blazers could be great if Oden finally magically doesn't have any problems, but nobody is expecting that (I also find it unlikely that any other team will offer him a contract greater than the QO that Portland has already offered him). Assuming he's still a 50 year old man with bones of glass, Portland is looking at a likely first round exit, Aldridge and Wallace can only carry them so far.

If the Warriors can pick up one of the Centers on the market they could break into the playoff picture but they still wouldn't be able to get deep.

The Suns are done and if you're a Suns fan, I'm sorry. Because not only is your team not going to win, but they're also delaying their rebuilding mode. Nothing is worse than having a middling team. They should trade Nash for a pick and a prospect if they can.

The Nuggets entire team is playing in China right now or leaving to free agency. I have no idea what they'll look like this season, but expect them to be handing out bad contracts at the last second because they're like 20-30 million short of the minimum salary and they only have seven or eight players on contract. Too bad, after their strong finish last season.

Chandler likely to leave the Mavericks? I hope they find someone to replace him. I wouldn't consider them the favorite to the finals anymore.

Don't remind me how bad the Suns outlook is :(

It is pretty funny how most of the Nuggets are stuck in China, tsk tsk...should've known better. Not sure why CP3 would want to play for the Clippers (though Blake Griffin makes a compelling case I guess), but a threesome of Stoudamire/Anthony/Paul would be intriguing if they learn to share the ball. Will be interesting to see where Dwight Howard goes considering the lack of super great centers out there.

Chris Paul wants to play for the New York Knicks, he's best friends with Carmelo Anthony and I'm quite positive Anthony would like him on the same team.

Paul mentioned yesterday night his main destination is New York. Paul realized the potential that Bosh, James, and Wade had this past season making it to the NBA Finals, the common trend is to join other BIG name players and for the Knicks to even contend against the Heat, they need a solid point guard like Chris Paul. Dwight Howard could potentially ask Paul to come play in Orlando but that scenario is very unlikely to happen. As of right now Paul's agent are seeking a trade but if nothing were to happen, Chris Paul would stay in New Orleans and his main priority is to see if the Hornets are willing to sign free agent David West to remain with the team, he mentions him as a close brother.

Chris Paul wants to play for the New York Knicks, he's best friends with Carmelo Anthony and I'm quite positive Anthony would like him on the same team.

Paul mentioned yesterday night his main destination is New York. Paul realized the potential that Bosh, James, and Wade had this past season making it to the NBA Finals, the common trend is to join other BIG name players and for the Knicks to even contend against the Heat, they need a solid point guard like Chris Paul. Dwight Howard could potentially ask Paul to come play in Orlando but that scenario is very unlikely to happen. As of right now Paul's agent are seeking a trade but if nothing were to happen, Chris Paul would stay in New Orleans and his main priority is to see if the Hornets are willing to sign free agent David West to remain with the team, he mentions him as a close brother.
The problem with that trade demand is that the Knicks have next to nothing of trade value. I don't think the Hornets (especially under NBA ownership) will ship out the best PG in the league for Landry Fields and two second round draft picks (the Knicks have no tradeable 1st round draft picks until 2018)

The Charlotte Bobcats roster is looking really really bad, only a few good players coming back this season and I'm expecting the worst for that team.

So looks like the Lakers could be landing CP3...bleh I hate the Lakers. And they're still aiming to swing Dwight Howard to their side, so they're now going to have their own version of the Big 3 with Kobe/CP3/Howard if they pull everything off, which is probably just as potent than Wade/Lebron/Bosh.

They are giving up Gasol though (though given his more recent playoff appearances, it's not too undesirable to part with him for the right price) and Lamar Odom. So eh...guess we'll see.

The Lakers made a brilliant trade for Chris Paul as Derek Fisher is old as dirt basketball wise and they needed a fresh face playing point guard. Andrew Bynum can finally be the premiere Power Forward or center (assuming they get Howard) for the Lakers, he needs to mature a whole lot and stay healthy with that knee or else his career will be sidelined on a bench. Odom and Gasol won't be too missed but those two were a huge presence in the paint. If they land Howard the Lakers will be the top threat in the West, its scary to imagine playing that line-up.

Wade / Bosh / James

Paul / Howard??? / Kobe

^ wont even win a championship LOL

--

hawks signed tracy mcgrady ;-;. another year of playoff agony.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The Lakers 100% are not landing Howard through a trade since they simply do not have enough pieces left to offer Orlando to make it worth their while. Orlando won't take Bynum + crap + whatever picks/money they throw in for Howard, especially since the Lakers can't take on Turk's contract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)