Data Old Pokemon With New Abilities : How Will it Affect Them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, for pokemon who are losing an ability, such as chandelure with shadow tag, will my will they still keep their old abilities when I transfer them to x and y?
Well chandelure never got shadow tag in 5rh gen so for him the problem is solved.
Scolipede though might worth a try, but speed boost is so much better than quick feet that we don't really care.

Ferrothorn... How awesome would something like Sturdy have been?

What is this anticipation crap... "o noes they DO have a fire move!"

Ferrothorn... How awesome would something like Sturdy have been?

What is this anticipation crap... "o noes they DO have a fire move!"
There is a point made earlier in this thread. A Ferrothorn user now knows if they switch into something with HP Fire. Not like it will help Ferro survive the HP Fire, but as long as it doesn't switch into it it has an opportunity to get out of there.

Still, Iron Barbs is better.

Chandy... No!!! So if Scolipede has quick feet from b/w does it get speed boost when I transfer it?
So... If it's not confirmed... I'll do it. I'll use a plusle I have randomly. Give me a lil while if it isn't seriously ;)

Serebii has said that Milotic gets Competitive - finally a decent user of it? Marvel Scale would likely still be the ability of choice for bulky sets though.

Why do you hate me Game Freak!!? Oh well at least Scolipede gets Speed Boost and an attack stat boost. I'd probably use it at as a sweeper with life orb instead of a baton passer. I think Pede will make UU this gen
Meh...Empoleon already got a pretty useful buff with being an offensive Steel-type (getting rid of Fairies and walling Fairies), so I'm not complaining about Defiant.

As for the others, whoo boy!

Scolipede looks like a very threatening Pokemon now. Higher Attack plus Speed Boost with a good movepool (supportive and offensively) will make this thing much more unpredictable.

Chandelure losing Shadow Tag for Infiltrator is not really too much of a loss. Remember that Ghosts are no longer affected by Shadow Tag, Mean Look, etc. Infiltrator is a bit of a consolation as well. Being able to go right through Substitutes with a base 145 Sp. Attack is ridiculous.

Anticipation ferrothorn is actually pretty handy for garchomp, dragonite, espeon, jolteon, lati@s, rotom-w, venusaur, and somewhat useful for tyranitar. Anything that just completely gives you information is great. If you know jolteon has HP fire for example then your landorus doesn't need to fear it.

Why are they making us transfer through pokemon bank... Making money now I see.
Least Pokebank lets us move whole PC boxes instead of 6 pokes at a time, once a day. And doesn't require 2 DS.

I could see Pede maybe making a small niche for itself in OU, situationaly, to cover a gap in certain teams. I doubt it will be widespread use, though.

because it might have been the only way to do so without requiring you to have 2 3DSs (which would cost a lot more) or a friend who also happens to have an 3ds. be happy they are not making you pay $100 in DLC or something.

Seriously? They literally couldn't do it any other way as DS and 3DS games can't communicate with each other. They need money to keep the Pokebank open. It isn't free to run. Seriously, its 5 USD per YEAR. That's a whopping 1.3 cents per day. If you can't afford that, what on earth are you doing with a 3DS?
Anyway, Scolipede seems way better in OU than just having a random niche. It has Speed boost+Spikes AND Tspikes, Baton Pass, and SD, the ability to outspeed scarf Latios, Terrakion, Keldeo, and pretty much anything else after a single turn. Plus, it can actually take a hit once and a while, unlike Ninjask, and it also hits pretty hard with its buffed base attack this generation, unlike Ninjask. (Not that Ninjask is good or anything)

Anticipation ferrothorn is actually pretty handy for garchomp, dragonite, espeon, jolteon, lati@s, rotom-w, venusaur, and somewhat useful for tyranitar. Anything that just completely gives you information is great. If you know jolteon has HP fire for example then your landorus doesn't need to fear it.
Yeah, anticipation is cool, but is it worth giving up that sexy 12.5% damage for each contact move? That stuff stacks up quickly with LO recoil, and I've stopped more than one Lucario (for example) sweep by using it. Also it doesn't tell you the Hidden Power type so yeah. On Latios it will obviously be fire, but Rotom-W could use Ice and so could Jolteon and Espeon

On other topics, Scoliopede will be godly and top-teir OU. It's attack is lower that Blaziken, but in exchange for that it gets blazing speed that lessens the need to use Protect, allowing it to run a coverage move such as Earthquake in addition to its two STABs.

Thank god for Chandelure. I played against that guy in DW OU and Uber back when that was a thing. There was essentially no way to stop it outside of running Shed Shell on half your team or mandatory Pursuit support. Ofc, Mega Gengar will be a thing now, so we didn't really get saved too much...

Yeah, anticipation is cool, but is it worth giving up that sexy 12.5% damage for each contact move? That stuff stacks up quickly with LO recoil, and I've stopped more than one Lucario (for example) sweep by using it. Also it doesn't tell you the Hidden Power type so yeah. On Latios it will obviously be fire, but Rotom-W could use Ice and so could Jolteon and Espeon

On other topics, Scoliopede will be godly and top-teir OU. It's attack is lower that Blaziken, but in exchange for that it gets blazing speed that lessens the need to use Protect, allowing it to run a coverage move such as Earthquake in addition to its two STABs.

Thank god for Chandelure. I played against that guy in DW OU and Uber back when that was a thing. There was essentially no way to stop it outside of running Shed Shell on half your team or mandatory Pursuit support. Ofc, Mega Gengar will be a thing now, so we didn't really get saved too much...
Ferro is only weak to fire and fighting and most pokemon only have one or the other. Iron Barbs is probably better 80% of the time. Lately i've been saccing Ferro into Talonflame a lot because it just dies after BraveBird or FlareBlitz + contact. When anticipation is released I will definitely be trying it out, in particular for its use against Garchomp and Espeon who bluff a lot, force out Ferro, and set up their own rocks or screens.

Wait a moment, I thought anticipation does not work for hidden power, since it is a 'normal' move by default. I hope I am wrong--it'd be great to know when their Vaporeon is running HP fire (I've seen it done and lost a Ferrothorn to it once)

Defiant has at least Bisharp, which is decent enough with the ability. Competitive... doesn't really. Gothitelle would much rather use Shadow Tag. Wigglytuff could have a niche NU, but that's about it...
Milotic now gets competetive. Whille she may appreciate the defense boost of marvel scale more, a little boost to her 100 special attack is still nice. It's too bad her main attacking moves got nerfed though

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Wait a moment, I thought anticipation does not work for hidden power, since it is a 'normal' move by default. I hope I am wrong--it'd be great to know when their Vaporeon is running HP fire (I've seen it done and lost a Ferrothorn to it once)
It doesn't alert you of Hidden Power.

i have a driblim with flare boost (if its burned, it's SpA increases)

not sure how much this will help it but it's a pretty badass ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)