SM OU Omari P ~ Still no water resist, mono fire in ou | peak 2006

Thunder Pwoell

Banned deucer.
Iight lets start shall we.

Well, well, well... You ban me from ou, target me, lock me, drop me, but you couldn't stand with your own ineptitude, so where did that bring you.. back to me. Tyrant mods cant hold a king down and that's why I'm bringing something thats surely to piss people off because they cannot deny the sheer weight of my impeccable skill. MONO FIRE IN OU BITCHES LETS FUCKING GO.

Here's the paste: https://pokepast.es/3b5213f91d2df568
This team is so fucking fun to use and so funny because people legit rage quit and start talking shit like they didnt just get bodied. The best is win rain loses lmao omfg the horror on people's faces. The sadness, the despair; it's so beautiful... or just the people appreciating this masterpiece
Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 3.51.37 PM.png
So what's the makeup... you have the sun setter, the great sage turtle, and all fire abusers, 2 of them with surprise balloons. This is the first time in history where z victini has actually been good too lol and it needs sun to be up lol such a bad set otherwise (but it's useful for bluffing scarf).

Lets start with one of the best mons on the team, the nearly unkillable turtle..

Torkoal (M) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 40 SpA / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Yawn

This mon is defensively nearly impervious to all attacks. Lando does like 60%, rockium doesnt kill it, and it laughs at kartana - I mean kartana is bad stop using it. It is pivotal that you get this in and get up rocks and get out. You can use it for spinning but I rarely used that late game. Yawn is your specialty emergency check for mons trying to setup on you. Makes them think twice or if they are not a bitch they take the sleep like a real warrior. Remember that you are bulky but you are actually pretty strong thanks to sun, don't be afraid to flare up on a mofo with fire blast. You have sun support and 40 added special attack. you do enough you blessed fire turtle. tybg

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Taunt

This is one of the best mons on the team. The surprise air balloon gives you near invincibility for one turn and the ability to shit on most trans' lives. people get so pissed seeing the balloon especially if it's late game. You're faster than defensive lando and magma storm in sun is broken. Just remember that this is ur answer for bulky shit and waters (pex, bro, chansey) so do not let this die without killing those mons. Magma really okoing lando in sun and doing like 35% to mega latias lol. you can also trap random shit and exploit it. And just because youre a tran, you live a scarf kart sacred sword bc kart is a bitch and bad stop using it. Reveal the balloon either early or late game it's on you. and kill those diancies mane.

Volcanion @ Air Balloon
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 220 HP / 64 Def / 224 SpA
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Fire Blast
- Steam Eruption
- Toxic

Surprise bitches! Another air balloon. This is the one that really gets people doing, especially them folk in rain. Mega pert really cant touch you so oko it while you have the chance. reveal this late game if possible, many people think they are home free until you reveal this monster - then defog on their sorry asses. You live scarf kart at +1 bc kart is horrendous and u live a rock slide. Toxic the slowbro and other mons trying to setup or blast them with fire blast idc. this is also the only thing keeping ash gren from auto sweeping so keep this shit in the back and be aware that people are uncertain if they wanna hit you with water attacks knowing that this is here. If you see fast offensive waters keep this shit in the back let its presence be felt and haunt their asses knowing you can slurp that water up like Ril-*redacted statement*.

Victini @ Normalium Z
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Celebrate
- Searing Shot
- Stored Power
- Focus Blast

This is the first time in history where this set is actually usable and good, especially with people being so kind and gracious enough to bring in their leles so not only do you have sun support for your shots, but also terrain support for stored power, how beautifully sportsmanlike it is for them to just throw the game like that oh bless their hearts. This is your sweeper, this is really easy and basic to use. You dont need to celebrate unless u have to but watch out for broken pexes so try and do this late game or if you're a real one bluff scarf vcreate and setup in someone's face. Sun + searing shot actually gives it okoing value and ur bulky. excadrill will kill u even at +1def so just be aware. ash gren cannot though. ALSO! one more thing. congratulate your enemies time to time, make sure to show them your appreciation for giving you a great battle by raw celebrating from time to time. especially if they were so nice to set up psychic terrain, no need to z all the time. a powerful raw non z celebration will cause a person to leave the game every now and then

Charizard-Mega-X (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

not really that useful other than late game sweeps or sun boosted blitzes. I might change this out for a bulkier version but I like outspeeding lando. late game it's pretty useful though, good for kart - but we know that kartana and charmflash are garbage

Infernape (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Ya I’m running adamant so what. If you're afraid of being swept by volc change it to +speed nature and squash that bug. This mons does a lot of less damage outside of sun than you might think just know that. blitz in sun is fun late game and gets some raw savage dirty dingy kos. This scarfer over darmanitan bc it's not weak to rocks but it is weak so make sure it doesnt get hit hard. maw sucker cant kill u thats the rain reason, we needed some fighting type support. dont try and abuse this outside of sun though you are the great pig, you need sun.

like ooouuuuuu, oooouuu, like ooouuuuuu, oooouuu, why you gotta sleep on my crewwww, like ooouuuuuu, oooouuu, like ooouuuuuu, oooouuu, my gang gonna eat real sooooonnnnnnnn
let's go fire force let's fucking go.

Now the threats of this team are: ash greninja,mega diancie, some variants of mega sand shark, and pex and bro sometimes. Depends on how you play but honestly if you're heat enough, evaporate those bitches what you care about water, fuck a water resist. sun is your resist and so is the volc lmao.

Honestly just have fun with this team, it's so amazing and Fun to use and it's really amazing how In ou the tier is so broken and shewed that I literally run up with mono fire and get to the 2000s and win some room tours lol. one dude even brought rain and got smashed lol Imagine brining all water mons and losing to all fire; tragic - wouldnt let that shit happen to me.

Anyway remember to based stunt on these hoes and always keep this in the back of your mind - how many slaves did your family own?

stunts
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-978313720
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-977033799
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-976991564
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-976996141-3p3dha4wr2f3zpvjiayjn9px5l6pjc3pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-977967062-nn4bfnitbsdzy33sdy525vcgtsj451tpw

edit: lol ten comments being deleted wow look at that

Last edited:
He's not even on the ladder...Period.
So? my point still stands. Don't have to be currently on the ladder to of reached a peak of 2006. On top of that, Omari themselves say they're playing for fun, so they might of been using not particularly competitive teams. And that is if it isn't an alt as J3est suggested.

A bunch of useless shitposts by randoms who probably struggle to crack 1400. His logs show 1876 which is how many wins from 2k, like 5? Get over it. The guy laddered successfully with 6 fire types give him credit where credit is due.

216 HP EVs on Volcanion will take 1 point less damage from Stealth Rock and allow survival from 4 hits from it. Not that this will ever really matter.

I wanna say Rock Slide > Stone Edge on ape for reliability but you aren't really weak to Volcarona and maybe the added power is needed to hit Gyarados or Dnite. Idk, cool original team.

Last edited:
Well, well, well... You ban me from ou, target me, lock me, drop me, but you couldn't stand with your own ineptitude, so where did that bring you.. back to me. Tyrant mods cant hold a king down and that's why I'm bringing something thats surely to piss people off because they cannot deny the sheer weight of my impeccable skill. MONO FIRE IN OU BITCHES LETS FUCKING GO.
Maybe you'd stop pissing people off if you weren't so flamboyantly obnoxious.

Also, are you sure two Air Balloons and an unevolved Charizard are enough to save your team from getting 6-0ed by Earthquake? Once those balloons get popped, Scarf Lando kinda demolishes you. I'd replace at least one of the balloons with Shuca Berry, so you don't have to play so carefully with Heatran and/or Volcarnion.

Also, are you sure two Air Balloons and an unevolved Charizard are enough to save your team from getting 6-0ed by Earthquake? Once those balloons get popped, Scarf Lando kinda demolishes you. I'd replace at least one of the balloons with Shuca Berry, so you don't have to play so carefully with Heatran and/or Volcarnion.
He has three Earthquake immunities how does Scarf Lando 6-0. Why would turning an immunity into a 2HKO makes things any better.

He has three Earthquake immunities how does Scarf Lando 6-0. Why would turning an immunity into a 2HKO makes things any better.
Two of those immunities disappear after getting hit by anything, and the third goes away as soon as Zard goes mega. Additionally, the Air Balloon immunities announce themselves upon switch-in. Because of the balloon's fragility and need to announce itself, you need to play very cautiously with it. Even though Shuca doesn't make you completely immune, it doesn't announce itself and won't pop until it needs to.

For example, it would let you use Volcanion in the early game instead of trying to "reveal this late game if possible". When the Lando comes out and thinks "I'm gonna EQ this Volcanion" it'll be met with a nasty surprise when the Shuca activates, Volc comfortably lives the hit, and OHKOs back with a Steam Eruption.

A bunch of useless shitposts by randoms who probably struggle to crack 1400. His logs show 1876 which is how many wins from 2k, like 5? Get over it. The guy laddered successfully with 6 fire types give him credit where credit is due.

216 HP EVs on Volcanion will take 1 point less damage from Stealth Rock and allow survival from 4 hits from it. Not that this will ever really matter.

I wanna say Rock Slide > Stone Edge on ape for reliability but you aren't really weak to Volcarona and maybe the added power is needed to hit Gyarados or Dnite. Idk, cool original team.
Nah I am not that bad.
Currently above 1800 Points.
On the alt MangoSteak.

Thunder Pwoell

Banned deucer.

youve shown your hate for me almost religiously for several years. calm down sir. anyway lando has never swept but I am weak to gravity teams so youre not completely wrong; something ill think about

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Actual critique from a Monotype player, I will say the ability to make Mono Fire work in OU while Mono Fire inherently sucks in Monotype is hella cool lmao. I will recommend however that you may find more merit in using Protective Pads on Torkoal over Heat Rock; in case if you need to remove hazards, you won't have to worry about Rocky Helmet, Iron Barbs or Rough Skin from preventing you from removing them; that and rain seems like a massive bitch to fight anyways so having the sun up for extensive periods of time doesn't seem as useful considering that you have Scarf Infernape and Mega Charizard X.

Thunder Pwoell

Banned deucer.
Actual critique from a Monotype player, I will say the ability to make Mono Fire work in OU while Mono Fire inherently sucks in Monotype is hella cool lmao. I will recommend however that you may find more merit in using Protective Pads on Torkoal over Heat Rock; in case if you need to remove hazards, you won't have to worry about Rocky Helmet, Iron Barbs or Rough Skin from preventing you from removing them; that and rain seems like a massive bitch to fight anyways so having the sun up for extensive periods of time doesn't seem as useful considering that you have Scarf Infernape and Mega Charizard X.
Thank you so much lol why is it bad in mono type? I ran it up into the 1600s there but dragon was a serious problem as I had 0 counterplay

Thunder Pwoell

Banned deucer.
weird ud be rmting this team, i have a decent memory and i know of another ladder player who was using this team on monotype and ou ladder (and i think his the actual builder) many months ago before this post and i even copied it myself to try it coz i thought it was a funny team
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-918053376
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-922523016
well u didnt explicitly mention your team but u never mentioned this guy either... eh idk
Ive had this team in the builder for almost a year but ok lol his evs and moves are definitely diff than mine but its fine tbh thats pretty cool. I actually know fire lord and know his team isnt normally this or usually close to this soooo like ..... stop being a hater and get out ya momma house

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thunder Pwoell Fun ass team bro, one possible change that could help with ash gren a bit would be making ape into iron fist mach punch>stone edge because blitz in sun obliterates volc anyways and you dont need that much chip to ko w blitz normally anyways. Scarf Mach outprioritizes shuri from ash gren and lets you revenge it with some chip damage, helping against a threat that's really tough to deal with otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)