Announcement On the Radar: Rebooted (HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
The state of this meta is terrible, and here is how to fix it

1) we need to make defense more playable

as of right now, there's not a single stall RMT, not a single stall team in high ladder, not a single stall team in high tournament play, and this is because stall is literally nothing more than a meme for the 1300 noobs, let's go back to gen 8 OU, literally, unironically, absolutly, the greatest gen in the history of the universe, corviknight was SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS+ tier, with toxapex and clefable behind it, the only 2 breakers (specs pult and specs lele) were banned, and we made the scald kartana clause where kartana was always burned (which btw, Kartana and Blacephalon are more banworthy than Dragapult and Tapu Lele and I'm not even larping anymore), life was great, all battles lasted more than 10 morbillion turns, and we had fun running 6 boots + regen + defog + flame body + static + knock off + toxic + scald, but then gen 9 came and gamefreak decided that we could not have fun so he gave us the following banworthy ou mons

barraskewda, cinderaace, ddakrai, ddrgaputl, dranigte, eenamorus, gholddengo, glimora, gougin fire, great tusk, hatterene, heatran, iron boulder, iron threads, iron valiant, kingaabmit, kruem, meowscarada, ogerpon wellspiring, peelipper, primarina, raging bolt, rillaboom, ssammurrrot-h, serpeerior, torkoal, volcarona, walking wwaake and weavile

there's a lot more of these banworthy mons, but there's some many you can't use them all, that's why the rest are in PU

all these mons force unhealthy 50/50s which end in 0/100 me losing, like, what kind of math is this?¿¿1¿¿1¿1¿ and sometimes I'm forced to run HYPER OFFENSE, (YES THAT'S RIGHT, I'm SORRY SMOGON, BUT I'm USING OFFNESIVEE MONS) to try to not drop below the 1800,

THE WEST HAS FALLEN
CIVILIZATION IS DOOMED
BILLIONS MUST DIE

which leads me to

2) we need to instantly quickban tera rfn

look at this high level replay from spl, how was I supposed to believe he was gonna change his typing mid fight in this context, everytime someone teras i need to check the type chart and it consumes too much time, i always time out in these situations. tera provides 0 defensive utility for defensive mons andd providdes giga super stabs to all the offensive mons, stall teams neeveer tera because why woul they? every turn is a random unhelhty 50/50 and i literally dont know if my opponent could potentially tera fairy in front of my poison type, maybe little timmy age 7 is in reality splgodlarp123 and he is so locked in he manipultes reality, but no, its unfair the other player is wrewarded for doing the youtube playss, why do i hve to count for tera bug roaaring moooon, no one thinks of tha, andd thats the roblem, everyone deciedd to adapt to themf emeta insteaf of asking the ejfefnirg qu¿enussitong sleiengke wha tr iss lvo%e beby onti rhugt me, odnto 11hurtss me, noite meooo[eeeererrr, anddd thienfss if hwrwwdd odnt htodd jr rhosmietgin, th ehrieeew ¿weilg be 10 pr tredds aaft ht en tgens jrdnf an jweill rnvrbt ejutn ainuhting e¿igt haneufiaiimfaineifneinfienifnefi

Untitled793_20240401184927.png

citizens of the smogon forums, on this day we mark a transition. for twenty years, the overused tier stood as the crowning achievement of the competitive community. but there were those who would set us against one another for hundreds of turns per game, and we took up arms to defend our way of life against big stall. in so doing, we never suspect tested the greatest threat that came from within.

the ou monarchy, and some within our own moderation team, had conspired to create the shadow of big stall using one of their own as the enemy's leader. they had hoped to grind ou into ruination. but much like hidden power, the hatred in their hearts could not be hidden forever. at last, there came a day when our enemies showed their true natures (mainly bold, calm, impish, and careful).

the ou monarchy hoped to unleash their destructive power against the tier by assassinating the most prolific forum poster and usurping control of the ou discussion thread. but the aims of would-be tyrants were iron valiantly opposed by those without elitist, dangerous powers. our loyal forum moderators contained the insurrection within the discussion thread and quelled uprisings in a thousand discords.

the remaining ou monarchs will be battled and defeated! any collaborators will suffer the same fate. these have been trying times, but we have obtained our reqs. the attempt on my life has left me scarred and infracted, but i assure you, my resolve has never been stronger! the war is over. big stall has been defeated, and the ou monarchy rebellion has been foiled. we stand on the threshold of a new beginning. in order to ensure the security and continuing stability, the ou monarchy will be reorganized into the FIRST! COMPETITIVE! EMPIRE!

Last edited:
Wolf-X would be so proud right now.
I agree with the OU Council on this issue, Finchinator has been too controlling lately and has been banning obviously balanced stuff such as Flutter Mane and Palafin, while not unbanning mons that would be beneficial to the tier such as miraidon and koraidon.
DOWN WITH THE OU MONARCHY!
Exactly, I propose we ban Flinchinator as its presence is too oppressive and restrictive on the metagame.

To replace this power void and destroy the OU Monarchy from within I shall propose myself as the new regent of the meta. Im willing to kill and die by the sword to proof my worth as the new OU terrorist monarch

Exactly, I propose we ban Flinchinator as its presence is too oppressive and restrictive on the metagame.

To replace this power void and destroy the OU Monarchy from within I shall propose myself as the new regent of the meta. Im willing to kill and die by the sword to proof my worth as the new OU terrorist monarch
bro. i just declared myself emperor two posts ago. get with the program

View attachment 621261
citizens of the smogon forums, on this day we mark a transition. for twenty years, the overused tier stood as the crowning achievement of the competitive community. but there were those who would set us against one another for hundreds of turns per game, and we took up arms to defend our way of life against big stall. in so doing, we never suspect tested the greatest threat that came from within.

the ou monarchy, and some within our own moderation team, had conspired to create the shadow of big stall using one of their own as the enemy's leader. they had hoped to grind ou into ruination. but the hatred in their hearts could not be hidden forever. at last, there came a day when our enemies showed their true natures (mainly bold, calm, impish, and careful).

the ou monarchy hoped to unleash their destructive power against the tier by assassinating the most prolific forum poster and usurping control of the ou discussion thread. but the aims of would-be tyrants were iron valiantly opposed by those without elitist, dangerous powers. our loyal forum moderators contained the insurrection within the discussion thread and quelled uprisings in a thousand discords.

the remaining ou monarchs will be battled and defeated! any collaborators will suffer the same fate. these have been trying times, but we have obtained our reqs. the attempt on my life has left me scarred and infracted, but i assure you, my resolve has never been stronger! the war is over. big stall has been defeated, and the ou monarchy rebellion has been foiled. we stand on the threshold of a new beginning. in order to ensure the security and continuing stability, the ou monarchy will be reorganized into the FIRST! COMPETITIVE! EMPIRE!
You know, it be really funny if we had a fight night that’s just the people that control the metagame discussion Vs OU Metagame Discussioners, probably would be a awash, but we need the Smogon lore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)