Media One Piece (spoilers!)

Remember how Luffy was just playing with Lucci? The latter isn't even as strong as Zoro anymore, let alone Jinbe or Sanji. He level ground and awakened his Zoan, but not enough to be on par with a newfound Emperor. It shows how some characters level-grind faster than others.

LordBox

you should love yourself... NOW!
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Remember how Luffy was just playing with Lucci? The latter isn't even as strong as Zoro anymore, let alone Jinbe or Sanji. He level ground and awakened his Zoan, but not enough to be on par with a newfound Emperor. It shows how some characters level-grind faster than others.
To be fair Luffy and the crew kinda just outlevel everyone and have basically speedran any percent becoming an Emperor. Like from what I can tell Luffy has spent more time in the 2 years Rayleigh trained him than with his actual crew LOL. Arlong be sitting in his cell 3-4 years later and the boy who beat the shit out of him is now a mf emperor while other pirates spent decades training and get stomped by the dust on Choppers clothes. In the span of a few months Luffy went from being one shot by Kaido and doing 0 damage to being the first one to properly defeat him in decades. Given, Luffy had support from Scabbards, Zoro, Kid, Killer, Law and Yamato... and being saved by Laws crew and also a literal resurrection into a God but still... on that note Kaido really is a mf beast huh, definitely the toughest opponent ever has taken down relative to Luffy at the time anyway. Also Luffy literally just on the spot learned how to coat himself in Conquerers which can only be done by a select few in the entire world presumably.

Lol turns out Lucci can keep up pretty well with Zoro, "weaker than overrated Jinbei" my ass. Just shows again how people underestimate the actual gap between Luffy and Zoro, let alone rest of his crew. Gear 5 Luffy and Kizaru meanwhile are both kinda trolling and not going all out so far, one prioritizes the safety of his crew while the other really just wants to kill Vegapunk to fulfill his mission. Either way Kizaru is strong and Oda shows yet again that Yonkou and Admirals are relative in strength.

kizaru is strong

top 5 alive rn:

Imu
Luffy
Mihawk
Shanks
Akainu

Doesn't make much sense to me that start of final saga Luffy is already above everyone but Imu when Blackbeard, Akainu & possibly Shanks are fated to be his last opponents before the revolution against Imu. Also depending on power inflation and how much stronger Imu is than anyone else other than Joyboy/EOS Luffy it wouldn't exactly surprise me if Gorosei are at least relative to the other current top dogs.

Last edited:
We've had like 2 panels of Zoro fighting Lucci and Zoro doesn't even look like he's trying

Powerscaling is so whack ngl. I hear the dumbest takes from "professional" powerscalers

We've had like 2 panels of Zoro fighting Lucci and Zoro doesn't even look like he's trying

Powerscaling is so whack ngl. I hear the dumbest takes from "professional" powerscalers
Neither is Lucci trying that much and Zoro fanboys were basically telling he would easily KO him with one flashy sword move, so my post was more a jab to toxic Zoro fans. Same with people who thought Luffy would easily get rid of Kizaru. That's really all but nice to see how little it takes for people to come with another "powerscaling is so wack" post lol.

Anyway screw about this & what happens in Egghead, in a interview legendary editor Torishima talked about how sad it is that unlike early days One Piece editors can't disagree anymore with Oda. So essentially they are useless/pointless and i'd argue that this has been detrimental to the quality of post timeskip One Piece arcs. Feel free to disagree anyone who enjoyed (almost) all post timeskip arcs.

even as someone who has enjoyed post timeskip arcs a lot, i would definitely agree with this criticism. it doesnt bug me as much in dressrosa not just bc law is probably my favorite character bc there werent as many expectations with that arc, but oda still just doesn't know how to just leave things on the cutting room floor. sometimes it can really be a strength (i think most people would agree that things like cover stories or other long term continuity are some of the best aspects of op).

but thats a lot of my frustration with wano specifically so i can really relate. ik i am less annoyed by wci ending dragging than most, but both dressrosa and wano really feel like rough drafts of a story. comparing them to pre-timeskip arcs the writing is much looser/bloated and theres a lot more plot threads that go nowhere or are inordinately focused upon to the detriment of other things (zoro ryuma grave for example). that the editors basically do nothing isnt that surprising with that in mind.

cool interview to consider, thanks for sharing

i've noticed this is why we only really had major arcs outside of setup arcs like punk hazard or zou, as exploring the new world would've been cool

I feel like One Piece's biggest strength is also a weakness: the scope

Trying to cram in all of these characters, plot points, locations, interactions, etc can makes certain arcs very very bloated. Dressrosa and especially Wano are good examples of it. Like, why are there so many Worst Generation members in Wano alongside all of these Beast Pirates? Neither were fully fleshed out and felt at least somewhat wasted

Planning through an arc with so many moving parts is a huge challenge. Wano could've worked very well if the Tobi Roppo were prominent in Acts 1 and 2, Act 3 could've focused on the Emperors, the worst gen and the all stars

My biggest gripe is how the main crew just gets shafted. Nami didn't have a fight in 15 years, Brook didn't have a 1 on 1 fight ever, Usopp's observation haki is still unexplored... Egghead could've also been a great opportunity for Franky and I mean he got some dialogue but not much. Maybe Vegapunk will travel alongside the strawhats for a while and then we can see some interaction between these two but idk

This is also why my heart sank when these God's Knights were introduced. There's already the revolutionieries, the BB pirates, the marines (which are shitton of characters without a resolution now that I think about it), the 5 elders and Imu, the current emperors, the Seraphim, the former Warlords, wildcards like Doffy in Impel Down... And now we are introduced to another fraction in the final saga?

Not directly manga or anime related but I really like watching some OP youtubers (and I suppose many here do to) and I feel Mr Morj is really dogshit as a youtuber and even worse as an analyzer

It's not just him clinging onto "the raid will fail" for YEARS, but him just simply having no media literacy and taking community theories to present as his own. Like when he made some vid about the theory that the OP is the all blue. That theory exists since I got into OP more than 10 years ago. Or how he, like many OP fans and youtubers, completely ignores character growth and personality developments and rather focuses on how strong a guy became or what his new title is

Even guys like Ohara or GrandLineReview, who are even more clickbaity than him and overedit their videos, are more media literate and understand OP better than him. And it's not just OP, he once made a video on the development of JoJo's writing and it was dogwater, he claimed that Part 1 had absolutely no writing chops, but it introduced the most complex and interesting character in the series with Dio and explored him to a very interesting degree. The fact that he misses something like this really tells me a lot

Is Luffy confirmed to actually fight Shanks as a means to test the former's abilities or as an actual antagonistic opponent? I get both of them are Emperors now, but I would hope Shanks doesn't turn out to suddenly be a bad guy or sellout just because of his (non-canonical for now) association with the World Nobles' Figarland Family.

On top of that, would the fights wrap up with Borsalino in Egghead as is going on now, Sakazuki and possibly Shanks (at first, likely due to misunderstandings with Bartolomeo and Kid?) in Elbaf, Blackbeard at Laugh Tale, and finally Imu at Mary Geoise? It sounds about right, as we need to see Kizaru's ass kicked before we see the Straw Hats move to Elbaf.

Blackbeard at Laugh Tale, and finally Imu at Mary Geoise
I really don't think Imu will come after Blackbeard

Defeating Imu and the World Government would mean to destroy the old world of oppression, but One Piece isn't a story about only destroying the old, it's also about establishing the new. Establishing freedom

Luffy is meant to represent freedom, he will eventually take down the WG, but Blackbeard is anarchy, something that may seem like freedom, which only leads to more oppression

I think Imu and the WG will go down and that the final fight will be between Blackbeard and Luffy, clashing ideals of what the new world will be

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Oda had him beat Kaidou
I also beat Malenia, Blade of Miquella, after multiple retries and assistance

Is Luffy confirmed to actually fight Shanks as a means to test the former's abilities or as an actual antagonistic opponent?
Nothing is confirmed. There are many things that can happen and many theories floating around (e.g. Shanks' twin !_!) so characters can move places depending on what Oda wants. Luffy could return the hat to a dying Shanks after Blackbeard or someone else beat him up, or we could get a Davy Back Fight between the two crews, and anything in between. There are a lot of moving parts with the Revolutionaries, Buggy crew, all of the ex-Shichibukai, Big Mom's potential return cos Elbaf ties + saving Pudding, chances of a split in the Marines with people siding with Coby or whoever instead of Akainu, whatever the fuck Gods Knights do and so much more.

OP youtubers
I only listen to Tekking vids, he's aware of how far fetched his own theories can sometimes be, and unless he actually comes up with something very unique, he'll add a preface or something that "this theory probably already existed" or give an actual source if he was inspired by someone else. His chapter reviews are like just a reread of the chapter with lots of loud noises and tangential role playing with some theories speculation or discussion here and there.

Used to watch Sawyer7Mage I think he's the best analytical reviewer of chapters, but near the end of Wano his criticism of just everything became obnoxious to me. Yes Wano near its end had many bad moments but his criticism would venture into talking shit about Oda and his abilities sometimes which I got fed up of eventually. Maybe there's some merits to that with the editor thing we recently heard, but I can only go so many videos before "Oda put in zero thought he's so stupid" gets tiring.

Saw One Piece chapter 1094 spoilers & scans, Saturn literally Reiatsu crushing people wtf and people mocked me when i said Imu & Gorosei will make Kaido, Big Mom & Admirals look like Bluenos. Strawhats gotta be teleported away somehow like in Sabaody or they are fucked along with Vegapunk, Luffy has enough trouble as is with Kizaru and isn't ready for Saturn or any of the other Gorosei yet. The situation is this dire for the strawhats to get away and go to Elbaf (i still wonder what purpose Elbaf arc will fill for the story btw, anyone got some good idea?).

The Gorosei's power is very interesting. I don't know if it's just a devil fruit, the summoning seems occult, similar to the satanists that "summoned" Brook

I like to imagine that the final islands that will come will be visited by other Gorosei and that they'll be dealt with at these places, with Imu being dealt with at Mariejoa or Laugh Tale

The Gorosei's power is very interesting. I don't know if it's just a devil fruit, the summoning seems occult, similar to the satanists that "summoned" Brook

I like to imagine that the final islands that will come will be visited by other Gorosei and that they'll be dealt with at these places, with Imu being dealt with at Mariejoa or Laugh Tale
Gorosei may even be literal Demons without eating a devil fruit and it fits with Sabo saying that the room where Gorosei interrogated Cobra feels demonic and the silhouettes of the other Gorosei also being black. Either way i would like if at least some of the Gorosei are being dealt with in final islands (not so sure if Saturn gets outright beaten in Egghead right now) and not all reserved for final war to somewhat cut off some characters from that clusterfuck of a war. I'm not too optimistic about that tho.

Edit: But then again Saturn defeat would fit the most with the news about shocking Egghead incident, so we'll see.

Last edited:
OK so what do you guys think of the netflix adaptation?
(P.S Has Luffy found the One Piece?)
Really really good. I think the changes they made to adapt the structure of the parts they covered were great. LA Luffy is interestingly enough quite different from the original Luffy. He's much more socially aware and less confident

Nah. But I think he will in a couple of years. I still think the One Piece is under Enie's Lobby

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)