ORAS Doubles OU ORAS Doubles OU team (first RMT)

Hey guys first RMT here. Theme of this team is Tailwind HO (with a pivot and more than a few checks to heatran)

So the team consists of Ferrothorn/Talonflame/Sylveon/Kangaskhan/Zapdos/Bisharp

[1] Kangaskhan
Kangaskhan@Kangaskhanite
Ability:Scrappy
Happiness:0
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Fake Out
-Frustration
-Low Kick
-Sucker Punch
Kangaskhan is the Mega of the team. Its pretty standard in my opinion, scrappy for faking out ghost types when you need min happiness frustration to beat ditto and max attack because after a bit of testing I felt like tying with other jolly mega kangaskhans wasn't needed. Plus, a lot are adamant too. On this kangaskhan Low Kick>Power-up-punch because Heatran was an enormous problem my team had to face due to its lack of lando-T or a water or fighting type so this helps to slightly circumvent that problem too.
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 210-250 (125.7 - 149.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 148-176 (81.7 - 97.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (OHKO after a hyper voice or something like that)
[2] Ferrothorn

Ferrothorn@Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs : 0 Spe
-Gyro Ball
-Leech Seed
-Protect
-Power Whip
I decided to make this ferrothorn quite an offensive one due to another one of my teams' weaknesses, washtom. 252+ Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 100 Def Rotom-W: 296-350 (97.3 - 115.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO . I also felt like putting the 252 evs into def was really hurting my special bulk especially against pokemon such as sylveon,mega gardevoir, latios and aegislash which are all srong threats. As for it usefulness on my team, the threat of a ferrothorn pivot into a kangaskhan fake out is quite strong, even a PuP or Low Kick on a predicted ferro switch can still hurt the kangaskhan a lot. Leech Seed makes ferrothorn quite strong against pokemon it walls such as cresselia and non heat-wave zapdos (without actually having a way to hit them back). It is also a check to amoonguss and a trick room soft check.

[3] Talonflame

Talonflame@ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Protect
-Tailwind
Talonflame is my premier tailwind user (due to its PRIORITY TAILWIND) meaning that with decent prediction I will always get tailwind up) and priority user as well as a check to opposing ferrothorn, which can heavily wall my team, as well as a check to rain and sun obviously ohkoing ludicolo venusaur and having a chance to OHKO non bulky charizard. It has stab moves on both types as well as the mandatory tailwind and the staple move protect. I chose life orb over something like sharp beak because talonflame is not a bulky pokemon and has to switch out on many things that threaten it. Its main role is to set up tailwind and then possibly force something out or switch out.
[4] Zapdos

Zapdos @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Static (Released yay :D)
EVs: 208 HP / 68 Def / 232 SpA
Bold Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ground
-Tailwind
-Protect
Zapdos is my second tailwind user and its what I use if I feel my opponent is going to lead with a check to talonflame (lando-T etc) as well as amoonguss, whom using safety goggles is primarily targeted at countering. Safety goggles also provides me a switchin for spores etc. For the move choices, thunderbolt for stab which does a surprising amount of damage considering zapdos feels more like a bulky pokemon, hp ground to deal with heatran which wrecks my team, tailwind to support teammates and protect is a staple move. As for the evs the 208/68 makes it take minimal damage from kangaskhan as well as not being 2hkoed by adamant scarf lando-T's rock slide 252+ Atk Landorus-T Rock Slide vs. 208 HP / 68+ Def Zapdos: 74-88 (38.7 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO. 232 SpA allows it to have a high chance to 2hko suicune with max spD investment 232 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Suicune: 98-116 (47.3 - 56%) -- 73.8% chance to 2HKO as well as having a small chance to OHKO non bulky char Y and KOing heatran after a bit of prior damage 232 SpA Zapdos Hidden Power Ground vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 128-152 (76.6 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.
[5] Sylveon

Sylveon @ Life Orb
Ability : Static
EVs: 32 HP/ 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
-Hyper Voice
-Psyshock
-Hidden Power Ground
-Protect
Life Orb Sylveon! I love this set. Even though it gets worn down quite quickly it still does its job. It utilizes tailwind extremely well as sylveons are usually accustomed to taking a hit or two before nuking the enemy team. The given Evs allow me to outspeed adamant scarf lando-T by one under tailwind and still have max spA with the rest going into HP. Hyper voice is the main stab move, KOing most non- heatran pokemon. Psyshock is for amoonguss mainly as well as gengar although that is rarely used. 252+ SpA Life Orb Sylveon Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 208+ Def Amoonguss: 112-133 (50.6 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Sylveon can 2hko amoonguss with psyshock with up to this much Evs, not many amoonguss are max physical defense, in fact, im pretty sure most are specially defensive). Hidden Power Ground is my third and final heatran check, in team development it used to be hidden power fire, howeverm it seemed heatran was still too big of a threat! Protect is a staple doubles move as mentioned before. Why did I choose Life Orb>Choice Specs? Well locking myself into hidden power ground is not the smartest of ideas especially if i predict incorrectly, it also gives me the inability to protect at the cost of a little bit of power and 10% recoil but since doubles OU is such a fast paced meta the recoil, I have found, is not such an important thing
[6] Bisharp

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability : Defiant
Evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Knock Off
-Sucker punch
-Iron Head
-Protect
Bisharp's role on my team is to kill lando-T, check icy wind users and do strong damage to cresselia before you rant on about how life orb is better (I definitely agree it is better in most cases) I will explain why I have used focus sash. It can kill non defensive heatran with a knock off sucker punch (unachievable by life orb bisharp due to getting instakilled) it can also KO defensive ish lando-T which normal bisharp could not achieve due to getting instakilled, it can also do a number on many common pokemon which usually instakill it such as mega-charizard-Y. It also has the capability to switch in to sylveon's hyper voice once which can be extremely useful, another thing life orb cannot do. Other than focus sash this bisharp set is almost identical to standard ones with the exception that I am running adamant because I don't really need the extra speed since I already get it from tailwind. In general, this bisharp could be said to be more utility based and less strong, however, it is definitely a good addition to the team and I found it to be better, alongside all the things I have mentioned, than life orb after quite a few battles with it.

Checks and Counters:
No team is by any means perfect :)
Heatran: Even after EVERYTHING i have put in this team to counter it heatran still manages to extremely annoy my team. It walls talonflame and outright ohkoes ferrothorn, two important pokemon on my team.
Weather: Without talonflame or tailwind weather extremely annoys my team.
Thundurus: Thundurus' swagger plus stab electric moves plus priority twave extremely annoy talonflame and my other pokemon, although switching ferro into a twave can be pretty useful sometimes with gyro ball and the like.
Defensive Jirachi: This is usually paired with a counter to talonflame so without bisharp this pokemon, when paired with the right pokemon, can be extremely dangerous for me.

Thanks again for reading this! Wish you all a very good day.
Darzy7/Darzy7234

Hi Darzy7, pretty cool looking team. I just have a couple of changes/suggestions. First I would give Ferrothorn Lum Berry over Rocky Helmet as this gives you a good way to get an ohko on rotom-wash before it burns you and rotom is quite an annoying mon for your team. Rocky Helmet seems nice but rarely is someone going to use a contact move on Ferro directly so it's somewhat redundant with Iron Barbs. Next change is giving Zapdos Roost over Protect, Hidden Power Ice over Hidden Power Ground, and change the spread. The main reason to use Zapdos over something like Thundurus is that it gets recovery in Roost and without that I don't really see the merit of using Zapdos when Thundurus exists. Hp Ice because you have nothing to KO Landorus which can be problematic and you beat Heatran regardless of Hp Ground so I would much rather have a move to ohko lando(or do 92+%). Next change is the biggest and is making Bisharp a Landorus-T with Expert Belt. You already have Ferro, Sylveon, and Kang to beat dragons(Latios/Hydreigon) and Talon, Kang, and Ferro to beat fairies(Sylveon/Gard). Lando just improves so many of your matchups against things like Charizard-Y, Kangaskhan, and Heatran.

Lastly for Sylveon i'm kind of torn on what it should be exactly. I don't like Life Orb Psyshock and my first idea was to make it Sub Cm but that leaves it without Hp Ground which is quite nice to have and i'm wondering if that makes your team a little too weak to Heatran but with LK Kang, Lando, Talon/Zapdos to break the sub i think you should be fine. The main reason I liked sub is that people like to protect stall tailwind turns and sub cm can take advantage of that while still being a strong attacker in tw. The other reason was that nothing on your team can really ohko Amoonguss lol like Jolly Talon does 84-100%(not to mention intimidate is common af) and Zapdos beats it eventually but your team is really annoyed by that mushroom so having something to set up on it and weaken it would be nice.

Ok I think that's it or everything I can think of at the moment at least. Looking back at the team and seeing the calc vs Amoonguss mostly I would suggest you think about making Talonflame Adamant. Putting thunder wave on something like Zapdos(over twind) or on Ferro(over protect? idk) would be something I would suggest you think about as well. If you have any questions about the changes or anything really lol feel free to ask. Hope I helped :)

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

Ferrothorn @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Zapdos @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 84 SpA / 124 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Expert Belt
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Protect

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 148 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Hyper Voice
- Protect

Zapdos lives 2 rock slides from Lando-t and 2 ice beams from Ludicolo while out speeding neutral natured base 70s

Sylveon out speeds max speed Thundurus in Tailwind has max special attack because damage. and a leftovers hp number to get the most hp back

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Hey, nice team you've got there, you're using mons that are individually viable but as you've said, you're weak to common threats like heatran and jirachi. No matter how many mons you give hp ground to, you're still tran weak because only kanga can outspeed and ohko tran. Your other "heatran checks" aren't really heatran checks because they aren't fast and aren't fire resists, so heatran or its partner can ko them with a double target or prior damage. On the other hand, jirachi redirects bish sucker and resists most of your other mons. Specifically, the combination of jirachi diancie really ruins your team because you don't have an eq or wide guard user. Keldeo also does really well against you.

To help these issues, you should replace ferrothorn and bisharp with aegislash and hydreigon, to provide wide guard support, absolutely beat heatran (hydrei walls, outspeeds, and ohkos), and improve your jirachi matchup. Hydreigon and aegi are also great checks to trick room. Hydrei also helps with your weather matchup and adds a second volcanion check.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Protect

You might also want to replace zapdos with a thundurus, thundy still provides speed control with prankster thunder wave while outspeeding and ohkoing keldeo and diancie and talonflame.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Minor edits:
Use adamant talonflame, the extra speed from jolly really isn't worth it compared to the extra damage. Adamant talon still outspeeds most relevant threats except thundurus with flare blitz anyways.

I'm assuming static sylveon was a typo, but yeah that's ridiculously fast, especially considering the faster additions I've suggested. Sylveon should have 177 Speed at the maximum to outspeed thundurus and base 110s, going for adamant lando really sacrifices too much of sylv's bulk. Even 0 speed sylveon is fine, just because you have tailwind doesn't mean you have to be fast sylv.

Good luck with your team, if you need more help you can always ask around in the smogon doubles room here http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles or consult the doubles ou resources here http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-new-players-that-are-lost-look-here.3543679/

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
hey,

One of the problems I see with this team is that while it's trying to be a fast one with Tailwind, outside of it it's actually a bit slow. Meaning, you'll mostly just keep getting pounded at before you get Tailwind. Outside of Talonflame, you can't really fare well against Base 100s+ and trusting on a Speed tie with Mega Kangaskhan isn't feasible. Like you noticed, you also have an annoying matchup against Fire-types in general (not just Heatran) and rain. Mega Diancie also puts a dent on you; in particular, Mega Diancie with a Fire-type can just end you while Mega Diancie + redirection can be annoying as well. My suggestions will aim to fix these problems.

First suggestion I recommend would be changing Sylveon into a Choice Scarf Landorus-T. Sylveon doesn't actually help you in checking anything and is simply a strong attacker that's a bit expendable; you would be better off patching a hole in your team with its teamslot than having a luxury like that. Choice Scarf Landorus-T helps your matchup against Mega Diancie and Fire-types by a lot, and it also gives your team the necessary Speed so that you don't just give up against faster threats if you don't have Tailwind. In addition, it's also nifty in general for checking physical attackers and an assortment of other stuff depending on what you need; it's a good-to-have utility counter that makes your matchups against everything better due to being able to support its teammates with its high Speed.

The second change I recommend would be changing Bisharp into Hydreigon in order to improve your matchup against Fire-types more. It gives you an actual switch-in to Heatran, Zard, and Volcanion while still being able to check what Bisharp usually checks; in particular, it has Earth Power to get the swift KO on Heatran. The resistances it has helps a lot in general with weather and Fires, both things that you mentioned in your threatlist.

Last changes I recommend would be changing your Zapdos's Protect to Roost, HP Ground to HP Ice, and spread to 252 HP / 36 Def / 176 SpA / 28 SpD / 16 Spe Modest. The niche of Zapdos is to be a bulky speed control Electric-type that can heal itself with Roost, so if you're not going to utilize it you're not using it to its full potential and should just use Thundurus instead. The spread is simply for efficiency as it only really hits the benchmarks you need to hit; in particular, this spread outruns Adamant Bisharp and can take two Landorus-T Rock Slides (or a Diamond Storm) with the rest of the EVs invested to Special Defense. This works fine as Landorus-T can back up Zapdos on the physical side with Intimidate. Another change would be changing Talonflame's nature to Adamant as Jolly doesn't really outrun anything notable and you're hitting stuff with priority anyway; the increase power would be much more useful to you. Last, I recommend you change Mega Kangaskhan's Frustration to Double Edge since the overall point of your Mega Kangaskhan set is to deal as much damage as possible through raw straight-up damage rather than pressure with a possible PuP; it'd be better for your set to be able to get more KOs through the increased power imo
Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower
good luck :pimp:

k thx guys to be honest I had never considered hydreigon :P the past few times i used it I haven't fared well but I shall try :). Another thing was that change of tailwind on zapdos. I just ran it to have a second tailwinder as talon is quite frail and often has to be sacked for the better of the team, additionally tailwind only lasts three turns and, as mentioned, my team is quite slow without it. So is it unnecessary to have two tailwinders? Thx Again. Ill try to use all the other changes they r pretty good. I'll change zapdos to thundy if having a second tailwinder is useless probably. I just did not want to use Lando-T or thundy considering they are so common and that many people would have counters to them or something like that.

Last edited:
Hi Darzy7, pretty cool looking team. I just have a couple of changes/suggestions. First I would give Ferrothorn Lum Berry over Rocky Helmet as this gives you a good way to get an ohko on rotom-wash before it burns you and rotom is quite an annoying mon for your team. Rocky Helmet seems nice but rarely is someone going to use a contact move on Ferro directly so it's somewhat redundant with Iron Barbs. Next change is giving Zapdos Roost over Protect, Hidden Power Ice over Hidden Power Ground, and change the spread. The main reason to use Zapdos over something like Thundurus is that it gets recovery in Roost and without that I don't really see the merit of using Zapdos when Thundurus exists. Hp Ice because you have nothing to KO Landorus which can be problematic and you beat Heatran regardless of Hp Ground so I would much rather have a move to ohko lando(or do 92+%). Next change is the biggest and is making Bisharp a Landorus-T with Expert Belt. You already have Ferro, Sylveon, and Kang to beat dragons(Latios/Hydreigon) and Talon, Kang, and Ferro to beat fairies(Sylveon/Gard). Lando just improves so many of your matchups against things like Charizard-Y, Kangaskhan, and Heatran.

Lastly for Sylveon i'm kind of torn on what it should be exactly. I don't like Life Orb Psyshock and my first idea was to make it Sub Cm but that leaves it without Hp Ground which is quite nice to have and i'm wondering if that makes your team a little too weak to Heatran but with LK Kang, Lando, Talon/Zapdos to break the sub i think you should be fine. The main reason I liked sub is that people like to protect stall tailwind turns and sub cm can take advantage of that while still being a strong attacker in tw. The other reason was that nothing on your team can really ohko Amoonguss lol like Jolly Talon does 84-100%(not to mention intimidate is common af) and Zapdos beats it eventually but your team is really annoyed by that mushroom so having something to set up on it and weaken it would be nice.

Ok I think that's it or everything I can think of at the moment at least. Looking back at the team and seeing the calc vs Amoonguss mostly I would suggest you think about making Talonflame Adamant. Putting thunder wave on something like Zapdos(over twind) or on Ferro(over protect? idk) would be something I would suggest you think about as well. If you have any questions about the changes or anything really lol feel free to ask. Hope I helped :)

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

Ferrothorn @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Zapdos @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 84 SpA / 124 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Expert Belt
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Protect

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 148 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Hyper Voice
- Protect

Zapdos lives 2 rock slides from Lando-t and 2 ice beams from Ludicolo while out speeding neutral natured base 70s

Sylveon out speeds max speed Thundurus in Tailwind has max special attack because damage. and a leftovers hp number to get the most hp back
Thanks for the changes man, the reason I was running rocky helmet on ferro was so i could switchin on a kangaskhan (almost) anything and then gyro ball for the KO, that was about it. I'll try to use the other things thanks again.

hey,

One of the problems I see with this team is that while it's trying to be a fast one with Tailwind, outside of it it's actually a bit slow. Meaning, you'll mostly just keep getting pounded at before you get Tailwind. Outside of Talonflame, you can't really fare well against Base 100s+ and trusting on a Speed tie with Mega Kangaskhan isn't feasible. Like you noticed, you also have an annoying matchup against Fire-types in general (not just Heatran) and rain. Mega Diancie also puts a dent on you; in particular, Mega Diancie with a Fire-type can just end you while Mega Diancie + redirection can be annoying as well. My suggestions will aim to fix these problems.

First suggestion I recommend would be changing Sylveon into a Choice Scarf Landorus-T. Sylveon doesn't actually help you in checking anything and is simply a strong attacker that's a bit expendable; you would be better off patching a hole in your team with its teamslot than having a luxury like that. Choice Scarf Landorus-T helps your matchup against Mega Diancie and Fire-types by a lot, and it also gives your team the necessary Speed so that you don't just give up against faster threats if you don't have Tailwind. In addition, it's also nifty in general for checking physical attackers and an assortment of other stuff depending on what you need; it's a good-to-have utility counter that makes your matchups against everything better due to being able to support its teammates with its high Speed.

The second change I recommend would be changing Bisharp into Hydreigon in order to improve your matchup against Fire-types more. It gives you an actual switch-in to Heatran, Zard, and Volcanion while still being able to check what Bisharp usually checks; in particular, it has Earth Power to get the swift KO on Heatran. The resistances it has helps a lot in general with weather and Fires, both things that you mentioned in your threatlist.

Last changes I recommend would be changing your Zapdos's Protect to Roost, HP Ground to HP Ice, and spread to 252 HP / 36 Def / 176 SpA / 28 SpD / 16 Spe Modest. The niche of Zapdos is to be a bulky speed control Electric-type that can heal itself with Roost, so if you're not going to utilize it you're not using it to its full potential and should just use Thundurus instead. The spread is simply for efficiency as it only really hits the benchmarks you need to hit; in particular, this spread outruns Adamant Bisharp and can take two Landorus-T Rock Slides (or a Diamond Storm) with the rest of the EVs invested to Special Defense. This works fine as Landorus-T can back up Zapdos on the physical side with Intimidate. Another change would be changing Talonflame's nature to Adamant as Jolly doesn't really outrun anything notable and you're hitting stuff with priority anyway; the increase power would be much more useful to you. Last, I recommend you change Mega Kangaskhan's Frustration to Double Edge since the overall point of your Mega Kangaskhan set is to deal as much damage as possible through raw straight-up damage rather than pressure with a possible PuP; it'd be better for your set to be able to get more KOs through the increased power imo
Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower
good luck :pimp:
Thanks for the changes man, appreciated. I'll try and fit them in with all the other feedback I have received. Overall they feel pretty good :).

Hey, nice team you've got there, you're using mons that are individually viable but as you've said, you're weak to common threats like heatran and jirachi. No matter how many mons you give hp ground to, you're still tran weak because only kanga can outspeed and ohko tran. Your other "heatran checks" aren't really heatran checks because they aren't fast and aren't fire resists, so heatran or its partner can ko them with a double target or prior damage. On the other hand, jirachi redirects bish sucker and resists most of your other mons. Specifically, the combination of jirachi diancie really ruins your team because you don't have an eq or wide guard user. Keldeo also does really well against you.

To help these issues, you should replace ferrothorn and bisharp with aegislash and hydreigon, to provide wide guard support, absolutely beat heatran (hydrei walls, outspeeds, and ohkos), and improve your jirachi matchup. Hydreigon and aegi are also great checks to trick room. Hydrei also helps with your weather matchup and adds a second volcanion check.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Protect

You might also want to replace zapdos with a thundurus, thundy still provides speed control with prankster thunder wave while outspeeding and ohkoing keldeo and diancie and talonflame.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Minor edits:
Use adamant talonflame, the extra speed from jolly really isn't worth it compared to the extra damage. Adamant talon still outspeeds most relevant threats except thundurus with flare blitz anyways.

I'm assuming static sylveon was a typo, but yeah that's ridiculously fast, especially considering the faster additions I've suggested. Sylveon should have 177 Speed at the maximum to outspeed thundurus and base 110s, going for adamant lando really sacrifices too much of sylv's bulk. Even 0 speed sylveon is fine, just because you have tailwind doesn't mean you have to be fast sylv.

Good luck with your team, if you need more help you can always ask around in the smogon doubles room here http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles or consult the doubles ou resources here http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-new-players-that-are-lost-look-here.3543679/
Thanks man for these changes. I have heard hydreigon aegislash is a really nice core so I'm gonna try using that. Just wondering, is it useful to have a second tailwind user? That was my zapdos niche, a bulky tailwind user which talonflame could not fulfill the role of. If it is unnecessary I will most probably change to thundurus. Thanks Again.

My team hasn't' been going so well :((((( i think it set me on tilt :(((((
If you could post replays or tell us specifically what you've been struggling with that would help us identify the issues better. Might be the way you have been playing(tilt) or just weird doubles ladder things throwing you off. idk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)