Metagame ORAS NU Creative / Underrated Sets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A long time ago, I fought someone that came up with this idea on the ladder, but I don't remember his name. If the creator is reading this just PM me and I'll give you credit, but I made some changes to the sets anyways so...

Speed + Another stat Baton pass recently got banned, and that makes me feel like this strategy is more viable than it was before, it consists of two pokemon that need to work together (P/sure it fits better here than in the good cores thread, because I'm going to do an individual analysis anyways), I'll be showcasing curse pass + unburden mon.

The passer.

Musharna @ Colbur Berry/Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Curse
- Baton Pass
- Moonlight
- Psychic
Dig the idea, question though; why 8 Atk? Also, would Zen Headbutt over Psychic be valid?

Wailord @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious / Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

HYPETRAIN
This is the biggest gimmick ever but I was scrolling through to find threats yesterday and found Wailord has actually a really cool combination of attributes. It's pretty much Poliwrath V2 except with Roar over Circle throw and amazing abilities. With 170 HP its bulk is actually pretty impressively hilarious, and Water typing is amazing for physically defensive mons, as it can check stuff like Klinklang or Mawile with ease, while beating the powerful rock and ground types in the tier. What sets it apart from Poliwrath however are its abilities. Rather than getting smashed by Taunt or Encoreing mons, Wailord can ignore all of them with obilivious and continue to phaze opponents, or with Pressure and RestTalk it can PP Stall Fire Blasts and CCs as it phaze kills opponents. It's actually really hilariously scary with spikes support, although for the most part its still outclassed by wrath.

Wouldn't it be more effective if Wailord used 252 Def + / 252 Sp. Def instead?
Dumping all those Evs in HP really does nothing considering Wailords HP is already ridiculously high and the special defence investment is really noticeable. Wailord can still retain almost the same physical bulk with no HP investment so being able to take a few special hits as well makes it more worthwhile :s

Wouldn't it be more effective if Wailord used 252 Def + / 252 Sp. Def instead?
Dumping all those Evs in HP really does nothing considering Wailords HP is already ridiculously high and the special defence investment is really noticeable. Wailord can still retain almost the same physical bulk with no HP investment so being able to take a few special hits as well makes it more worthwhile :s
idk ur choice lol

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Psychic
- Signal Beam/Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

This is one of the standard PU sets for Grumpig. I tried testing it out in NU just for fun, and surprise! It works excellently. Offensive Pig serves two roles on a team. The first is a blanket check to Fire-type and Ice-Type attackers because of Thick Fat and amazing Special defense. This means it can easily take hits from the likes of Magmortar, Pyroar, Vanilluxe, Jynx, Aurorus, and Combusken. The second role Pig serves is a stallbreaker. Due to taunt, its naturally high speed, and again amazing special bulk, it is extremely threatening vs defensive teams. Taunt + Psychic easily gets rid of Mega Audino, Taunt + Signal Beam stops Musharna in its tracks as well as beating Malamar, Taunt + Focus Blast stops Cradily and Ferroseed, etc. The only real problem is Skuntank's popularity of course, but when the opposing team doesn't have Skuntank this is able to put in a lot of work.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-273727167 <----Nice replay, I will get some high ladder ones too when I ladder more

Last edited:
Exeggutor @ Salac Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Zen Headbutt
- Synthesis/Low Kick

Now, I know what you're saying: "C'mon, Falc, that's like the biggest gimmick ever!" However, for unprepared teams, this set wrecks. Set up Swords Dance, take a hit, get down into Salac range (maybe with the help of Wood Hammer), and then get Speed. At the end of a single turn when both Salac and Harvest activate, you essentially have x2 Attack and x2 Speed. Wood Hammer and Zen Headbutt have decent-ish coverage on their own, but throw in Low Kick and the fun begins. Grass/Psychic/Fighting actually has perfect neutral coverage in NU if I remember correctly, but Synthesis can be used if you prefer longevity over coverage.

A

Joker fan
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Eyy, it's your boy Dinko over here with some innovation. Coffee Table, while beast, is often disregarded thanks to its passive nature, horrible typing, and imbalanced stats.But..Swagcaliber you say, "Avalugg has bad Special Defense and Scald just eats it for breakfast." Well, not anymore dickheads.

Stronkest Table is here to wreck NU.

Table Horse (Avalugg) (M) @ Assault Vest

Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature

- Avalanche
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Crunch/Mirror Coat

With Assault Vest and the given EVs, this mofo is about to shit on your life. This Avalugg has 331 HP!! How much life do you have? Negative one, even Shedinja's tankier than you. 405 DEFENSE. Higher than Lugia, Cresselia and Giratina. And 315 Special Defense. That's some incredible mixed bulk son. "But it still hits like a paper towel.." That's where you're wrong, poopyhead. 117 Attack. That's higher than your Tauros, Scyther, your Zangoose, and even your Cac Turn Down 4 What. Avalanche is your stronkest Ice STAB, able to severely damage anything that dare hits Avalugg (Neutrally, ofc.)

But Steels and Fires and etc.
You think Steel types can take this thing on? Earthquake, Superpower, bopped. Klinklang is demolished with a 2KO, and speedier variants are nearly OHKOed if they dare to setup. Shift gear? More like SHIT GEAR.
252 Atk Avalugg Superpower vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Pawniard: 432-512 (187 - 221.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO (lol)
252 Atk Avalugg Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Probopass: 352-416 (108.6 - 128.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Magmortar thinking you're going to rapid spin or whatever? Well this happens if it switches in.
252 Atk Avalugg Earthquake vs. 104 HP / 0 Def Magmortar: 282-332 (88.9 - 104.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Even Garbo gets 2KO'd if it switches in.
252 Atk Avalugg Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Garbodor: 180-214 (49.4 - 58.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

"Can this thing actually tank special hits?" Well, I'm glad you asked.
You can eat up Psychics from Mesprit, earth powers from Claydol, weak scalds from Lanturn, and retaliate back with Crunch/Avalanche/EQ. You also tank Pyroar's hyper voice fine.
252+ SpA Magmortar Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Avalugg: 288-342 (87 - 103.3%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO (if they don't high roll, you bop em good.)
0 SpA Lanturn Scald vs. 0 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Avalugg: 52-63 (15.7 - 19%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Mesprit Psychic vs. 0 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Avalugg: 96-114 (29 - 34.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Xatu Psychic vs. 0 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Avalugg: 70-84 (21.1 - 25.3%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 SpA Lilligant Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Avalugg: 123-145 (37.1 - 43.8%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Nah son, nah. You can't beat the table.

And there's one more trick up its sleeve. MIRROR COAT. It'll mostly be a one time thing, since the surprise will be given away. But Mirror Coat allows you to punish these special attackers, and with AV + the spread, you can live special hits fine, and even some like Magmor's Fire Blast. Sturdy also works great, but it won't always be up.

It also has the meme seal of approval:

So go out there and start using the based table, imo. You may want to pair it up with Wish Support, something like Phys defensive M-Audino works perfectly. Don't be a pansy, aight? (also I got to 1580 with that, must be good mang.) A/Swagcaliber out.

Last edited:
Eyy, it's your boy Dinko over here with some innovation. Coffee Table, while beast, is often disregarded thanks to its passive nature, horrible typing, and imbalanced stats.But..Swagcaliber you say, "Avalugg has bad Special Defense and Scald just eats it for breakfast." Well, not anymore dickheads.

Stronkest Table is here to wreck NU.

Table Horse (Avalugg) (M) @ Assault Vest

Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature

- Avalanche
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Crunch

With Assault Vest and the given EVs, this mofo is about to shit on your life. This Avalugg has 331 HP!! How much life do you have? Negative one, even Shedinja's tankier than you. 405 DEFENSE. Higher than Lugia, Cresselia and Giratina. And 315 Special Defense. That's some incredible mixed bulk son. "But it still hits like a paper towel.." That's where you're wrong, poopyhead. 117 Attack. That's higher than your Tauros, Scyther, your Zangoose, and even your Cac Turn Down 4 What. Avalanche is your stronkest Ice STAB, able to severely damage anything that dare hits Avalugg (Neutrally, ofc.)

But Steels and Fires and etc.
You think Steel types can take this thing on? Earthquake, Superpower, bopped. Klinklang is demolished with a 2KO, and speedier variants are nearly OHKOed if they dare to setup. Shift gear? More like SHIT GEAR.
252 Atk Avalugg Superpower vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Pawniard: 432-512 (187 - 221.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO (lol)
252 Atk Avalugg Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Probopass: 352-416 (108.6 - 128.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Magmortar thinking you're going to rapid spin or whatever? Well this happens if it switches in.
252 Atk Avalugg Earthquake vs. 104 HP / 0 Def Magmortar: 282-332 (88.9 - 104.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Even Garbo gets 2KO'd if it switches in.
252 Atk Avalugg Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Garbodor: 180-214 (49.4 - 58.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

"Can this thing actually tank special hits?" Well, I'm glad you asked.
252 SpA Mesprit Psychic vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Avalugg: 96-114 (24.4 - 29%) -- 99.5% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Avalugg Crunch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mesprit: 156-184 (51.8 - 61.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (Timid Colbur Lead Mesprit)
252+ SpA Soft Sand Claydol Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Avalugg: 97-115 (24.6 - 29.2%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO (PFFT)
252+ SpA Life Orb Samurott Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Avalugg: 169-200 (43 - 50.8%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO (That thing isn't going to 2KO unless rocks are up.)
252+ SpA Magmortar Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Avalugg: 288-342 (73.2 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (You tank it fine without rocks, and then you kill it with EQ. Rip.)
Nah son, nah. You can't beat the table.

So go out there and start using the based table, imo. You may want to pair it up with Wish Support, something like Phys defensive M-Audino works perfectly. Don't be a pansy, aight? (also I got to 1370 with that, must be good mang.) A/Swagcaliber out.
252+ SpA Magmortar Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Avalugg: 288-342 (73.2 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (You tank it fine without rocks, and then you kill it with EQ. Rip.)

Just curious, how can it run 248 hp / 252+ spd / 252 atk all at once

A

Joker fan
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Lol, whoops. That's my bad. xD.

Just curious, how can it run 248 hp / 252+ spd / 252 atk all at once
I edited out the calcs, and you're still taking special hits fine.

Last edited:

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Climb
- Work Up
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Work up is a really neat move that allows Tauros to get past things like Audino and Musharna. The reason I'm jolly and not naive is because running naive makes you more vulnerable when 1 v 1'ing Audino. Zen Heabutt also fits over fire blast if you dont care about Ferroseed. The reason this works so well is Tauros already forces a ton of switches so work up just allows you to capitalize on those switches even more than you already did.

Scyther @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- Reversal

So some people were asking about my banded reversal scyther set I used awhile back so I thought I'd make a post on it. This set is a bit situation in when it works, but when it does it can really turn the tides of a match. By switching into Stealth Rocks twice, it leaves scyther sitting on 1% which means it gets a 200 base damage fighting type move to use that can tear apart normal scyther switch ins.

252 Atk Choice Band Scyther Reversal (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Rhydon: 330-390 (79.7 - 94.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Scyther Reversal (200 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Rhydon: 330-390 (93.7 - 110.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

-1 252 Atk Choice Band Scyther Reversal (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mawile: 155-183 (50.9 - 60.1%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Scyther Reversal (200 BP) vs. 136 HP / 0 Def Klinklang: 514-606 (174.2 - 205.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Scyther Reversal (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Solid Rock Carracosta: 256-303 (72.7 - 86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Scyther Reversal (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Regirock: 316-372 (86.8 - 102.1%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Scyther Reversal (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Probopass: 840-992 (259.2 - 306.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Scyther Reversal (200 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rotom-S: 136-160 (56.4 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(Relevant vs Ebelt sets)

252 Atk Choice Band Scyther Reversal (200 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Aurorus: 1520-1792 (391.7 - 461.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Scyther Reversal (200 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Barbaracle: 512-604 (179.6 - 211.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Because you drop Quick Attack in place for reversal, you want to pair it with other priority users such a as Kangaskhan to fill in the lacking spot. Over all this is a really cool tech option if you need a situational lure.

Last edited:

Haunter @ Eviolite / Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
Evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Shadow Ball / Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Reflect Type
- Pain Split

Sick and tired of being sick and tired of not being able to use ghosts and psychic types cuz skuntank cockblocks and pursuits u? Simple, use reflect type haunter can remedy this. Reflect type to steal type from any skuntank that comes in, and essentially give haunter no weaknesses, 4 resistances and 2 immunites in psychic and ground. Also has the added benefit of 1v1ing ferroseed, who could tank hits, although you tend to get setup on. Eviolite is recommended for haunter to be able to tank weak resisted hits, but life orb can provide power.

Last edited:
Oshony PokeGod you forgot a nature D: cool set tho

Ninetales @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Psyshock

Ninetales in general is pretty anti-meta right now, but ShucaTales is really cool because it prevents it from being revenged by EQ from the likes of faster mons like Tauros and Archeops. Although these mons can usually just click their STAB moves, most of the time they'll end up clicking the super-effective move because that's what people just tend to do.

Tauros @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

creds to iplaytennislol for showing me this. while a bit risky, iron tail is really nice on tauros since it can 2HKO common checks like Rhydon and Regirock with just the slightest prior damage (its about a 0.4% chance w/o prior damage on donner, and it does 49 max to regi). This can open the door for mons like Archeops and Kangaskhan that share similar checks to Tauros. i highly recommend this set for players who are lucky and bad and will never miss like iplaytennislol.

+tennis: 0.4%, thats in my favor

Alright, here’s a fun little set that can really turn the tide of a match.

Choice Scarf Aurorus:

Aurorus @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Refrigerate

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Echoed Voice

- Hyper Voice

- Freeze-Dry

- Earth Power

The premise for this set is to take advantage of the opponent’s low health mons, hit hard with refrigerate boosted Echoed Voice, and outpace a good amount of the metagame. Echoed Voice after a few turns becomes close to unstoppable (plus it hits through subs). Prepare for is priority users, which can be overcome by rocky helmet or whatever your preferred method of dealing with that is, and soundproof mons. Hope you enjoy this as much as I have!

Here are a few replays so you can see it in action:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-281935853

The one below is an example of how Aurorus can still outpace some boosted mons (granted its a crustle)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-282065388

Vigoroth @ Eviolite
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 248 HP / 116 SpD / 144 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Body Slam/Return
- Taunt
- Slack Off

(sorry if this is already posted, didn't see it)
vigoroth is a really fun pokemon in NU rn, it's benfitted from the drop of ghost's popularity, (apart from will o hex rotom), it is an amazing stallbreaker with taunt + BU and it has an awesome speed tier which can outspeed a lot of common walls and even slower offensive mons. The speed I listed was enough to outspeed Adamant Hitmonchan, Adamant Offensive Garbodor and Modest Claydol, and can set up on the last one. the ability to outspeed hitmonchan is really cool because most of which would go for the drain punch over mach punch, and if you've set up a few boosts you can KO with body slam/return. Vigoroth too finds a fair few setup opportunities on passive walls such as unboosted mega audino, CM + Barrier Musharna, and even defensive variants of Mesprit, Xatu, and other defensive psychic types, and Claydol too. even the rare and unviable gothitelle gets outsped and taunted before it can taunt you! Although vigoroth ofc is a bit gimmicky, it's a fun mon to use as it can find a few set up oppurtunities on balance and even more on stall! sadly vigoroth kinda struggles vs offense, but it can switch into threats like tauros and if it's running body slam possibly net a paralyze. ofc it needs something like skuntank or a mon that can check ghosts to pair up. vigoroth also provides a good stop to lilligant and scares LO variants with a paralyze if it has body slam

Gabite @
/

Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 Def / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Iron Tail
- Stone Edge / Toxic / Stealth Rock / Fire Blast​

I've been using Offensive Gabite (Mostly CB Tbh) recently and honestly I feel like it's a threat that not a lot of people just aren't prepared for. While a lot of people would argue that it is completely outclassed by CB Zweilous, I honestly have found it to be a lot better. Not only is Rough Skin an amazing way for offensive teams to on a dime punish stuff like Klinklang and Kangaskhan, but more importantly Gabite has an amazingly trolly speed and a great ground STAB. This is conducive of it easily getting through stuff like Mawile, Klinklang, and other steels which otherwise force Zweilous to lock itself into a less than perfect superpower, often leaving setup opportunities. Furthermore, its absolutely hilarious 81 Speed tier means it jumps random shit like Mesprit, Kabutops, and anything which creeps that tier. Easily putting it ahead of a good portion of the meta, it makes a solid offensive check to tons of the top tier meta (Magmortar, Rhydon, Garbodor, Lanturn, Klinklang), the list goes on. I honestly think that for how great its typing, movepool, and random fucking speed tier are and with its not half-bad power and insanely strong STABs it's incredibly underrated and should definitely be considered when looking for a unique set of resistances / a decently powerful wallbreaker / gluemon.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-283045702
WHAT'S THE SWITCHIN!?!?!?!? HELLO

Last edited:

Mawile @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 64 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough / Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Psych Up
- Pain Split / Baton Pass
Defensive teams have been getting a lot of flak for being easily torn apart recently, so it is my distinct honor to reveal the glue that has been holding a lot of my defensive teams and the reason why I haven't found stall to be terrible. SD Psych Up Mawile is seriously one of the best pokemon to be using on stall right now. Calm Mind Mega Audino. Every variant of Malamar. Swords Dance Scyther. Calm Mind Musharna. Calm Mind Xatu. Bulk Up Gurdurr. Shift Gear Klinklang. Psych Up Mawile not only gets rid of the majority of setup sweepers which people claim render any stall without Quagsire unviable, but furthermore converts it into a sweep itself either by taking advantage of the carried boosts or passing to others. I personally feel that this is one of the greatest glues to use on Stall currently, and it really has a lot of untapped potential in ensure stuff like Malamar and Mega Audino doesn't make an entire playstyle unviable.

Thank me later bitches.

oh forgot to mention this for the fuckers asking why sheer force > intimidate unless you want to pick up -attack or want Malamar to outright overpower you don't run intimidate also at +2 or +3 the Sheer Force boosts help a lot

kiyo edit: gurl it doesnt do anything about DD rhydon which is the main reasn i say stall needs quag
Brawl edit: nigga find a pair and run the ultimate counter torterra

Last edited:

PrinceLucian

Banned deucer.
Hitmonchan @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Mesprit @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Fire Punch

Mesprit @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid/Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam

Huntail @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Aqua Tail
- Sucker Punch
- Rest

Zweilous @ Eviolite
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Crunch
- Incinerate
- Superpower

Barbaracle @ Wide Lens
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- Razor Shell
- Earthquake/Frustration/Grass knot

Ok,im ready for part 2 of my creations.
-This hitmonchan set won me really many games, and it was really fun to use as some things like weak scalds cant break its substitutes, and it also subs up vs will o wisps. Leftovers help it to regain health so it can set up more subs. Obviously counters are mesprit and quagsire, but you can easily pursuit trap mesprit , so even if it has colbur berry its already weakened for hitmonchan later.
-Now these 2 mesprits are things that i definitely never saw anyone using except me. Everyone is using Scarf mesprits or rocks set + wallbreak, but I fun banded and specs really fun and very strong to use because both band/specs have amazing coverage.Banded one is strong and gains momentum with u-turn +it gets knock off , while fire punch nails ferroseeds and zen headbutt is strong stab. Specs variant has very good movepool too, and xatu switchins arent gonna appreciate ice beam,neither will ferroseed hp fire which im pretty sure it ohkoes. You can definitely change movepool if you like.
-Huntail is usually seen as shell smash setup sweeper, but why not try Coil variant? it has very good defense stat and very good ability in water veil, sucker punch is strong priority while aqua tail is strong stab move, chesto enables it to wake up after rest so it can continue boosting.
-I never seen anyone running Zweilous, but whenever they did, they ran banded one or sleep talk variant.
Try mixed one, it has strong stab in draco meteor, strong stab in crunch boosted by hustle, Incinerate definitely 2 koes ferroseed, and superpower is just strong filler in general
-Now I see everyone complaining about Barbaracle missing moves, its very strong pokemon and it has pretty cool ability which boosts contact moves, but its moves have rather low accuracy, it gets razor shelll but doesnt get waterfall and has stone edge as another stab. Dont run white herb on barbaracle, run wide lens and youll never miss razor shell, and youll rarely miss stone edge. i consider barbaracle better than carracosta because of much higher speed, be sure to try wide lens.

Part 3 probably coming soon :)

Last edited:

Ladies and gentlemen and, prepare to get your mind blown. This set has already shocked some lesser innovators ( shoutouts to Jarii ), who were not ready for such an immaculate set. Without further ado, I present you BROSawk ( Bulk up rest offensive ).

Sack the shiftry (Sawk) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy / Mold breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Block
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Knock Off
24 speed is for outspeeding standard Garbodor ( Thanks to Aladyyn for coming up with this Cern level math ), other EV's are used for maximising special bulk. The goal of this set is to lure common MegAudino counters, namely poison types, block them on the switch, and proceed to fully set up on them and blow them onto the astral dimension. Here are some fun calcs:

8 SpA Weezing Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Sawk: 76-90 (21.4 - 25.4%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO
0 Atk Garbodor Gunk Shot vs. +1 252 HP / 4 Def Sawk: 105-124 (29.6 - 35%) -- 15.3% chance to 3HKO
0 SpA Vileplume Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Sawk: 93-111 (26.2 - 31.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

You can also set up on other mons that predict a knock off and come in; prinplup, regirock, miltank, ferroseed, crustle, and cradily come to mind.
Another fun thing about this set is that you can effectively PP stall the trapped prey in order to retain your sturdy, allowing you to be unrevengeable outside of megadino. If you're not able to do that, fear not: only mon guaranteed to OHKO & outspeed you iirc is specs mesprit ( LO has a 43% change to ohko with psychic ).

Here are some calcs to prove that Sawk is not revenged easily:

252+ SpA Life Orb Magmortar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Sawk: 220-261 (62.1 - 73.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO One of the strongest moves in NU
252 SpA Choice Specs Floatzel Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Sawk: 178-210 (50.2 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO Call it a snack

This is a very situational set admittedly, which works best as a partner for mega-audino. That being said, if Sawk succesfully traps a setup fodder, it is guaranteed 2 kills outside of opposing mega-audino.

Go and make the ladder afraid of switching their Weezing's onto Sawk

Last edited:

Ladies and gentlemen and, prepare to get your mind blown. This set has already shocked some lesser innovators ( shoutouts to Jarii ), who were not ready for such an immaculate set. Without further ado, I present you BROSawk ( Bulk up rest offensive ).

Sack the shiftry (Sawk) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy / Mold breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Block
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Knock Off
24 speed is for outspeeding standard Garbodor ( Thanks to Aladyyn for coming up with this Cern level math ), other EV's are used for maximising special bulk. The goal of this set is to lure common MegAudino counters, namely poison types, block them on the switch, and proceed to fully set up on them and blow them onto the astral dimension. Here are some fun calcs:

8 SpA Weezing Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Sawk: 76-90 (21.4 - 25.4%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO
0 Atk Garbodor Gunk Shot vs. +1 252 HP / 4 Def Sawk: 105-124 (29.6 - 35%) -- 15.3% chance to 3HKO
0 SpA Vileplume Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Sawk: 93-111 (26.2 - 31.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

You can also set up on other mons that predict a knock off and come in; prinplup, regirock, miltank, ferroseed, crustle, and cradily come to mind.
Another fun thing about this set is that you can effectively PP stall the trapped prey in order to retain your sturdy, allowing you to be unrevengeable outside of megadino. If you're not able to do that, fear not: only mon guaranteed to OHKO & outspeed you iirc is specs mesprit ( LO has a 43% change to ohko with psychic ).

Here are some calcs to prove that Sawk is not revenged easily:

252+ SpA Life Orb Magmortar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Sawk: 220-261 (62.1 - 73.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO One of the strongest moves in NU
252 SpA Choice Specs Floatzel Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Sawk: 178-210 (50.2 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO Call it a snack

+6 0 Atk Choice Band Mold Breaker Sawk Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Scyther: 405-477 (118 - 139%) -- guaranteed OHKO 0 Attack still packs a punch

This is a very situational set admittedly, which works best as a partner for mega-audino. That being said, if Sawk succesfully traps a setup fodder, it is guaranteed 2 kills outside of opposing mega-audino.

Go and make the ladder afraid of switching their Weezing's onto Sawk

i really don't see what this has over block dd lapras other htan potentially baiting certain mons as generally its a lot less likely to sweep and is way less specially bulky lmao

i really don't see what this has over block dd lapras other htan potentially baiting certain mons as generally its a lot less likely to sweep and is way less specially bulky lmao
Baiting certain mons is exactly what it's supposed to do; it's a partner for Mega-Audino. Absolute dogshit if ran without it, of course.
Also Lapra's waterfall has immunities and in general worse coverage:toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)