Resource ORAS NU Viability Rankings (Under Construction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
just me nitpicking but skuntank and shiftry are not our main defoggers imo , skuntank can't a majority of the time fit in defog into its move pool because it has 4MSS and would rather run taunt or memento as a 4th move over defog, and shiftry is better at LO 4 attacks or SD and if it wanted to run defog it would have to lose a coverage move. I'd say our main defoggers would have to be peliper and primplup, Pelipper and primplup both have great typing to maintain themselves in the game to be able to take hits and defog because of bulk, eviolite, and roost and can afford to run defog over any other support/offensive move. i preferably like using pelipper over prim cuz of roost and flying stab but primplup does also get SR and roar.

Besides that yeah, i like the post, pretty thourogh and i forgot about competitive so R.I.P
Lol @ Mini Emp and Pelip being > Tank and Tree.

Shiftry does very well with Defog / Knock Off / Sucker / Leaf Storm. Good offensive presence and utility value since many things that can KO it easily fear Sucker Punch (Magmortar, Swellow, Pyroar, Haunter etc). Tank has great utility value as being the supreme counter to the psychics and ghosts that pretty much every team has at least 1 of. It's not perfect at all due to being a little weak and because Rhydon gives its standard set a hard time, but it's much more splashable than mini emp, which kills all momentum, and pelip, which isn't too bad but is weak to rocks.

Lol @ Mini Emp and Pelip being > Tank and Tree.

Shiftry does very well with Defog / Knock Off / Sucker / Leaf Storm. Good offensive presence and utility value since many things that can KO it easily fear Sucker Punch (Magmortar, Swellow, Pyroar, Haunter etc). Tank has great utility value as being the supreme counter to the psychics and ghosts that pretty much every team has at least 1 of. It's not perfect at all due to being a little weak and because Rhydon gives its standard set a hard time, but it's much more splashable than mini emp, which kills all momentum, and pelip, which isn't too bad but is weak to rocks.
the thing with defog skunk is it can't beat ANY setter, bar, like, miltank and pinsir, both of which run EQ. And you mention countering psychics and ghosts, so if i threaten a ghost or a psychic out, I'd rather use pursuit than Defog, it gives me more momentum than clicking defog as they go into something that counters skuntank. It's also that when you put defog on skuntank you're either dropping taunt or poison jab, which either loses a consistent stab in helping check grass types, or helping check mdino with taunt. So splashable or not, it's a pretty bad defogger.

your shiftry argument is pretty compelling so yeah i'll give you that, but not skuntank, in your post you never said once why and what makes skuntank a better defogger than pelipper or prim, all you did was say what it does and that its weak to rhydon. + what lolbro said.
Lol I tried to drop a hint in saying that the special attacking lure set on site is the best set for defog tank without outright having to say it since I have used it many times to great success. Modest + LO with Dark Pulse, HP Grass, Fire Blast, Defog is amazing at surprising common SR setters. Expecting a Rhydon/Carracosta switch? HP Grass 2HKOs. Use it as they switch in, then Defog next turn as they switch out. Since Rhydon counters/checks mons like Scyther and Magmortar well, dropping Rhydon's HP by over half and taking rocks off the field tremendously helps your team. Dark Pulse still takes care of setters like Mesprit and Claydol, while also doing a lot to mons that normally wall Tank, like Odor. Fire blast roasts Ferroseed and Mawile. I'd agree that physical Tank with Defog has awful 4mss, but Defog + 3 SpAs Tank honestly is really good this meta.

Reactions: kay

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Camino lolbro Mar1onette

I understand the VR have been a bit slow, but your discussion has derailed to a point where it's not contributing much of anything. Discussion about which Defogger is more effective is better left in the PS NU Room or maybe the np thread (but don't take it there, it's pretty obvious both sides have their arguments fleshed out at this point.) A good indication for the future that you should drop a discussion is if both parties are frequently posting 2-3 line posts and calling out each other's "main points."

In terms of Gothitelle, I agree that it doesn't have merit in the teambuilder, but I'd say give it another day or two before we rank it. It's only been a couple days since it dropped and it isn't a high priority item.

I'll also take this as an opportunity to say that the Council isn't sitting around doing nothing. We're gradually working down the ranks and are in the process of organizing times to get together to work on the them. It might take longer than we mentioned before, so I hope everyone can be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)