Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anything have comparable turn one power to Mega Charizard Y? I want to try using Mega Charizard X on a team, but have grown to rely on Mega Char Y's wallbreaking utility.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Politoed Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Rain: 267-315 (37.3 - 44.1%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 246-289 (34.4 - 40.4%) -- 45.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Sun: 241-285 (33.7 - 39.9%) -- 30.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Exploud Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 228-268 (31.9 - 37.5%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 208-246 (29.1 - 34.4%) -- 99.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

In terms of immediate power, that's about as good as it gets on the Special side in OU. Specs Latios is probably the most viable of those as hard hitters, though.

When using Mega Houndoom, if you have to choose between Nasty Plot vs. Sunny Day, then the general argument would be that Nasty Plot doubles your special attack, while using Sunny Day to activate Solar Power would just give you a 1.5x boost to your stats (but further boosting fire moves, which get an additional 1.5x) and a 1/8 HP drain per turn, correct? So in general, if you're not planning on spamming Fire Blast (or some other Fire Move) and you anticipate the use of Sludge Bomb or Dark Pulse as necessary, you'd typically want to run Nasty Plot instead?

so when building my team i just chose abunch of pokemon i like that i captured. is that a dumb way to build a team i did use the spe.sweep,atk.sweep,stealthrocker,cleric,staller, thing another question for my last pokemon should i have a revenge killer or wall pokemon

How hard should one try to put up Stealth Rock early on during the match? I often find my SRocker forced to switch on during the first turn and constantly pressured out when I switch him back in attempting to predict.

How hard should one try to put up Stealth Rock early on during the match? I often find my SRocker forced to switch on during the first turn and constantly pressured out when I switch him back in attempting to predict.
Depends on the teams. If the enemy team is especially SR weak (VoltTurners, Talonflame, etc), then you need to get an opportunity to get them down ASAP. If the team doesn't rely on switching often, or doesn't have any special SR weakness, then it's less of a big deal.

Who are you using to lay rocks?

Depends on the teams. If the enemy team is especially SR weak (VoltTurners, Talonflame, etc), then you need to get an opportunity to get them down ASAP. If the team doesn't rely on switching often, or doesn't have any special SR weakness, then it's less of a big deal.

Who are you using to lay rocks?
Tyranitar. Maybe I should try Heatran or Garchomp as my SRock user.

And that's good logic, thanks!

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
so when building my team i just chose abunch of pokemon i like that i captured. is that a dumb way to build a team i did use the spe.sweep,atk.sweep,stealthrocker,cleric,staller, thing another question for my last pokemon should i have a revenge killer or wall pokemon
Is this in-game, or competitive? If it's in-game then it doesn't matter, but if it's for competitive purposes then yes it's a dumb way to build a team.

How would one go about breeding belly drum and synthesis onto a chespin if possible? (Order of procedure).

I have good ivs everywhere, just need the order of breeding

How would one go about breeding belly drum and synthesis onto a cheapin if possible? (Order of procedure).
I have good ivs everywhere, just need the order of breeding
Chespin is Field-group. When you're talking about Field-group pokemon, the simplest procedure pretty much begins and ends with "Smeargle." Get a Belly Drum user and a Synthesis user, go through one of the Double Battle restaurants, and sketch the moves. (You'll have to Heart Scale the Smeargle so he relearns his Sketch.) This is why it's pretty handy to have a Smeargle with good IVs.

Both moves are legal on Chespin. Go for Spikes as well while you're at it. Belly Drum is less useful, because Chesnaught doesn't have the toughness to survive for long at half health and doesn't have priority to abuse Belly Drum with, but Spikes is a useful move for him.

Is this in-game, or competitive? If it's in-game then it doesn't matter, but if it's for competitive purposes then yes it's a dumb way to build a team.
what are good pokemon to build around a gardevior, mawile and venasaur or should i take some out

Is there a thread for the new egg moves being discovered through the japanese Pokemon Bank? I didn't know if there was one and I'd missed it; it'd be nice to keep abreast of interesting updates (I know there's the individual research threads, but they take a while to trawl through).

Is there anything notable Timid Mega Charizard Y outspeeds that Modest does not?
Like with every other base 100 you will loose everything from Jolly Hitmonlee to base 100 itself.

"Notable" threats in that order, in the case they run a speed positive nature:

Hitmonlee
Excadrill
Base 90 - regular Lucario, Deoxys-D, Meloetta and loads of Ubers
Mega Garchomp
Base 95 - Kyurems, fast Gliscor
Haxorus
Hydreigon
Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal
Base 100 - Salamence, fast Volcarona, Charizard and Palkia

I've been thinking about an Eelektross with Quiet nature with Thunderbolt and Flamethrower (usual stuff). But since I don't have access to BW2 move tutor to teach it Giga Drain or Superpower, I was thinking to add Grass Knot and maybe Crunch for the physical move slot. Any suggestions? What moves should my Eelektross run?

Can someone explain to me whether or not the Japanese movie Extremespeed Shiny Genesect had set IV's for all 6 of its stats? I read on bulbapedia that it had 31 in Attack and Speed, and it's always Hasty. But is it random in HP, Defense, Special Attack, and Special Defense?

What would be a good sixth pokemon for a team consisting of Mawile, Mandibuzz, Gastrodon, Gourgeist, and Rotom-Heat? I was thinking of a cleric, a phazer, or maybe something with U-Turn and/or Stealth Rock, but something like a good Landorous would be too difficult for me to obtain (which is why I am using Rotom-Heat instead of Heatran).

And just to clarify, good legendaries are difficult for me to acquire, but most everything else is fair game.

Also, any basic suggestions for the team? I pretty much want to try and make it as complete as I can before posting a RMT. Please and thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)