Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to unban Blaziken, but to unban a Blaze Blaziken and ban Speed Boost Blaziken and Mega Blaziken. I know it's a complex ban but I don't see the problem if this is made as a special case:
Why a "special case"?

-Because there's clearly a huge difference between Blaze Blaziken and Speed Boost Blaziken. Speed Boost is clearly Uber, Blaze Blaziken is expected to be UU/RU.

-The majority of the Ubers don't have Hidden Abilities (or had them Unreleased). And the only ones in my mind are Mewtwo (not a difference), Lugia (still broken), Ho-oH (still broken), Dialga (not a difference), Palkia (not a difference), Giratina (not a difference).
I only apply this complex ban ONLY:

-If the broken ability is a Hidden Ability.
-If the standard ability is clearly not broken in any way.
-The pokemon is not on the banlist of Nintendo.
-Only applies to the banlist of OU/Ubers. The other banlists BL/UU, BL2/RU, BL3/NU won't have case of this (sorry, Competitive Gothitelle won't be allowed if it's banned in a higher tier that's not OU because Shadow Tag).

And the complex ban is NOT a precedent to banning item + Pokemon, moves + Pokemon, separate pokemon by abilities. No ban Air Slash Shaymin Sky (which I think it can be handled in OU now; but is uncompetitive), no ban Dark Void Darkrai, and other cases like that.
My friend, the simplest way to respond to this (which is not really a question) is that this ground has been well-traveled before, and the fact that half of your post lays out exceptions really speaks to why fooling around with it is a bad idea.

Reaching a consensus on the exact particulars of the ban is not a thing that would happen. Smogonites are a bit of a competitive lot (if you haven't noticed) and that tends to bleed over into banning discussions as well.

That's the secret, you see. There's no unwritten prejudice. The OU council doesn't have a secret supervillain who inexplicably has "prevent complex bans on Smogon" as step three of his five-step world domination plan. We're just a bunch of competitive, argumentative people who have a hard time agreeing on anything more complex than an up-or-down single-subject ban, and some of those are plenty contentious enough as it is. Throwing complex bans into the mix would mean we'd be lucky to get a suspect test ballot put together, much less actually carry one out.

Yeah those are all still great Pokemon although Hidden Power is a little less viable now because of the BP nerf and especially Lati@s hate losing the Spe IV (still HP Fire is perfectly viable on both). Timid zapdos isn't too great since offensive variants are mostly outclassed by Thundurus and most prefer bold/calm to be better defensively, but its not horrible and maybe running enough EVs to outspeed neutral base 80s is a good idea. Celebi isn't too great now because its mostly outclassed by Mega-Venu, but it is still viable. Calm Heatran is great because SDef Heatran is its premier set now since it is able to check a myrad of threats.
I am not sure about Jirachi as it sees very little use right now, but i suspect that it will regain popularity when the meta game settled a little more.

Just make sure to teach Zapdos/Lati@s Defog before you transfer them as this their primary niche this Gen (it got buffed to remove all hazards on the field making it a unblockable Rapid Spin that also removes your own hazards)
What would the Latis run instead of Hidden Power, if you don't mind my asking? Also, the only thing that troubles me about my Careful Jirachi is its lack of Body Slam. Why Gamefreak never carried that move tutor over from Gen III, I'll never know.

Hey guys, I'd like to get a Lucario from someone for a SD set. I'll be using MegaLuke. Problem is, I don't know which nature to use. I know the adamant one wrecks souls, but I've been hearing people say jolly is better. I'm not sure if the power drop is significant or if the speed increase is worth it. Could someone enlighten me to pros and cons of both? I know I'll be using SD + CC. The other moves are up for grabs at the moment, because I'm not sure what I want/need to hit. I'd also like to hear the pros and cons of Bullet Punch/Extremespeed.
I always like using the +speed nature, because Megaluke's already gonna destroy things without the attack boost. Seriously, his Close Combat is only slightly less powerful than an un-STAB'd explosion. With Swords Dance, forget about it. You're killing anything that doesn't resist one way or another. Unless you get outsped...hence the +speed.

What would the Latis run instead of Hidden Power, if you don't mind my asking? Also, the only thing that troubles me about my Careful Jirachi is its lack of Body Slam. Why Gamefreak never carried that move tutor over from Gen III, I'll never know.
Usually Hidden Power would go into their third attacking moveslot, which could be instead Surf (neutral coverage and hits Heatran, Landorus and T-tar SE) or Thunderbolt (for Azumarill and Togekiss, two rather problematic fairies to face, as well as for Skarmory and Megazard-Y)

You could always use Thunderwave on Jirachi instead, which is more reliable in general, though you might want to carry something to deter ground-types.

I really need a Protean Froakie or Greninja. Please pm if you can help me, i can give you a perfect Palkia or Victini

I was wondering if someone could help me build an OU suspect team.
I have created multiple OU teams and all of them have been shitty so far.

What would outspeed my Deoxys-S if I had a quiet nature on it? I got a quiet Deoxys recently in cartridge and don't wanna go through the hassle of getting another. How viable is it?

I always like using the +speed nature, because Megaluke's already gonna destroy things without the attack boost. Seriously, his Close Combat is only slightly less powerful than an un-STAB'd explosion. With Swords Dance, forget about it. You're killing anything that doesn't resist one way or another. Unless you get outsped...hence the +speed.
Thanks man, appreciate it.

Mixed Hydreigon with Draco Meteor/Headsmash/Earthpower/U-Turn any good?
I realllly want to run a mixed set. Flash Cannon, Flamethrower, and Fire Blast sound fun too.

Any ideas on nature/ev spread? Thinking Scarf or Orb?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
The Latis usually run a move set with

Latias/os@Life Orb
252 Spe/252 SpA/4 HP
Natuire:timid
-Draco Meteor
-Psyshock/Surf/HP Fire
-Defog
-roost/Healing Wish(Latias exclusive, but one of the best support moves for HO teams)/HP Fire

Latios can also run Choice Specs or Scarf and Latias could still run its CM set, but because of fairies/Aegislash and general Meta Game changes these sets are not nearly as good as they used to be.

Regarding Jirachi i am not sure how viable the SDef set is anyway the Paralysis and steel nerf hit it pretty hard and i have only seen it once or twice this Gen.

What would outspeed my Deoxys-S if I had a quiet nature on it? I got a quiet Deoxys recently in cartridge and don't wanna go through the hassle of getting another. How viable is it?
Fully invested you would be a little slower than fully invested positive base 140s and +1 fully invested neutral base 90s (you beat scarf excadrill by one point).

It isn't completly unviable but you lose the ability to outspeed many scarfers (jolly/timid is faster than scarf Garchomp) and Dragon Dancers which sucks because that is one of Deo-S biggest selling points. Honestly Quiet is possibly one of the worst natures for Deo-S i would advise you to get a new one.

Last edited:
The Latis usually run a move set with

Latias/os@Life Orb
252 Spe/252 SpA/4 HP
Natuire:timid
-Draco Meteor
-Psyshock/Surf/HP Fire
-Defog
-roost/Healing Wish(Latias exclusive, but one of the best support moves for HO teams)/HP Fire
How would you even get Defog on the Latis for X and Y if you can't even Poke Transfer HM mons from Gen IV to V?

How would you even get Defog on the Latis for X and Y if you can't even Poke Transfer HM mons from Gen IV to V?
You can teach defog to Lati@s in DPPt, then trade it over to HGSS, and PokeTransfer the Lati@s to BW/2 because since Defog isn't an HM in HGSS, anything with Defog can be PokeTransfered over without restriction.

You can teach defog to Lati@s in DPPt, then trade it over to HGSS, and PokeTransfer the Lati@s to BW/2 because since Defog isn't an HM in HGSS, anything with Defog can be PokeTransfered over without restriction.
Balls on a stick. Now I hear this.

Good thing I backed up my saves.

When Cherrim faints in a double/triple battle, do the allies currently on the field lose the boost Cherrim's flower gift gives them (assuming its sunny), or do they keep it until weather changes?

I'm looking for extra Leftovers. I'm willing to give away and Adamant 6-IV Tyranatar with pokerus, or A landorus. PM if you can help me

Gone

Last edited:
What would be the optimal EV Spread for a Mega Scizor? I ask it because it's a peculiar case, it's bulkier then Skarmory and has recovery, but the lack of a item really hinders Mega Scizor, so I ask what kind of EV Spread would allow him to reach his fullest potential.

What would be the optimal EV Spread for a Mega Scizor? I ask it because it's a peculiar case, it's bulkier then Skarmory and has recovery, but the lack of a item really hinders Mega Scizor, so I ask what kind of EV Spread would allow him to reach his fullest potential.
Probably 252HP/252ATK/4Sdef... I think. The only reason to use Mega Scizor over regular Scizor is for its bulk; MScizor is stupidly tanky on the physical side (not even physical MLucario can 1HKO on a CC unless boosted) but is outdone in terms of damage by CB Scizor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)