Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IS there any information on the 'Attractions' feature of Pokemon-Gl?

*Edit: And especially information on the relationship pokemiles share with said attractions

Are the Battle Maison and Institute the only ways to Earn Battle Points?

CAn any other pokemon than SMeargle learn 'Happy Hour'?

(And Inkay, obviously)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Chestnaught's best set an offensive set or defensive one? What's a good moveppol for it?
The most effective one I've seen is a bulky spikes user w/ leech seed something like:

Chestnaught @ leftovers
Impish
252 hp / 252 def / 4 att

Spikes
Synthesis
Hammer arm
Leech seed

I guess you can play around with Evs and add more attack if desired, but it would diminish his use as a spikes user. I haven't seen stone edge used on this thing, but it makes since to nail talonflame or crobat expecting spikes. I honestly don't see him a lot probably because of talonflame
but he does have a niche of countering mixed aegislash and is a reliable spikes user.

I have a question about Huge Power and Pure Power.

Huge Power - Doubles Attack.

Pure Power - Doubles Attack stat.

What is the essential difference between these two? Does Huge Power double the base stat of a Pokemon? An does Pure Power double the stat inclueding EVs and such? Can't really figure it out.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
I have a question about Huge Power and Pure Power.

Huge Power - Doubles Attack.

Pure Power - Doubles Attack stat.

What is the essential difference between these two? Does Huge Power double the base stat of a Pokemon? An does Pure Power double the stat inclueding EVs and such? Can't really figure it out.
They both have the exact same effect, which is doubling the Attack stat, not the base stat.

So Mega Mawile has base 105 Attack, which maxes out at 339. Huge Power doubles it to 678. That's equivalent to base 259.

I'd say that the reason for there being two versions of the ability would be to suit the Pokemon. The name/phrase "Pure Power" matches well with Medicham's kung fu-ey motif, while Huge Power is a cuter version for the critters like Azumarill and Mawile.

Is Chestnaught's best set an offensive set or defensive one? What's a good moveppol for it?
Defensive. I'm not an expert on Chesnaught, but have a look through the thread about it. That should give you some ideas.

You could try this, though:

Leftovers
Bulletproof
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk

Hammer Arm
Leech Seed
Spiky Shield
Spikes / other

Use Leech Seed and Spiky Shield together like on ProSeed Ferrothorn. You'd get a good amount of residual damage with this set.

Last edited:
Speed Calc Question:

Is there any way a Skarmory could outspeed Smeargle without hindering it's versatility in other ways? I was thinking of trying to breed one with Whirlwind in order to check entry hazards, and I know I can't outspeed priority Klefki, so I thought I'd try to outspeed the next best thing.

Speed Calc Question:

Is there any way a Skarmory could outspeed Smeargle without hindering it's versatility in other ways? I was thinking of trying to breed one with Whirlwind in order to check entry hazards, and I know I can't outspeed priority Klefki, so I thought I'd try to outspeed the next best thing.
Not without Choice Scarf, which would hinder versatillity, and Smeargle almost almost always run max speed so Skarmory will always be outsped :/.

I believe there are other threads about these, so could anyone point me to-
1. Masuda Methoding in Gen VI
2. How to find one's SV to hatch shiny Eggs

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

What is the formula for the probability of IVs? For example if I breed a 4IV with a 5IV holding destiny knot, what are the chances of getting 5IV?

What is the formula for the probability of IVs? For example if I breed a 4IV with a 5IV holding destiny knot, what are the chances of getting 5IV?
Use this.

There's no definite formula. It's a little bit of basic arithmetic regardless, and depends on which of the IVs are perfect.

For example:

31/31/x/x/31/31 with 31/x/31/31/31/31, you want 31/31/31/x/31/31:

-Correct IV inheritance (the five IVs you want to pass down are the five passed down): 1/6
-Correct Attack IV inheritance (from first parent): 1/2
-Correct Defense IV inheritance (from second parent): 1/2
Total chance: 1/24 of desired. Plus anything you get that has a randomly generated perfect IV of 31 that you want, like 31/31/x/x/31/31, but with the Defense IV randomly generated as 31. The chances of that are so low we don't count them, though. Unless going for 6 perfect IVs, where you're counting on that to happen.

Use this.

There's no definite formula. It's a little bit of basic arithmetic regardless, and depends on which of the IVs are perfect.

For example:

31/31/x/x/31/31 with 31/x/31/31/31/31, you want 31/31/31/x/31/31:

-Correct IV inheritance (the five IVs you want to pass down are the five passed down): 1/6
-Correct Attack IV inheritance (from first parent): 1/2
-Correct Defense IV inheritance (from second parent): 1/2
Total chance: 1/24 of desired. Plus anything you get that has a randomly generated perfect IV of 31 that you want, like 31/31/x/x/31/31, but with the Defense IV randomly generated as 31. The chances of that are so low we don't count them, though. Unless going for 6 perfect IVs, where you're counting on that to happen.
Sorta related I suppose; I'm breeding a 31/-/31/31/31/31 male Noibat holding a Destiny Knot with a Timid 31/-/31/31/-/31 female Noibat. All of the offspring have the correct (Timid) nature, and either three or four flawless stats, but never five. Am I doing something wrong or am I simply really unlucky? I'm already past a box and a half of these things

Sorta related I suppose; I'm breeding a 31/-/31/31/31/31 male Noibat holding a Destiny Knot with a Timid 31/-/31/31/-/31 female Noibat. All of the offspring have the correct (Timid) nature, and either three or four flawless stats, but never five. Am I doing something wrong or am I simply really unlucky? I'm already past a box and a half of these things
I had the same experience with Larvitar. You just have to keep chugging. Also make sure you actually have the Destiny Knot held, etc.

Your chances of 31/x/31/31/31/31 are about 10%, which could be very quick or very frustrating depending on your luck.

Actually the chances of your fifty offspring all being the way they are are about 0.5% according to the calculator so you might want to check that you actually have the Destiny Knot, correct EVs, etc, and keep chugging.

I had the same experience with Larvitar. You just have to keep chugging. Also make sure you actually have the Destiny Knot held, etc.

Your chances of 31/x/31/31/31/31 are about 10%, which could be very quick or very frustrating depending on your luck.

Actually the chances of your fifty offspring all being the way they are are about 0.5% according to the calculator so you might want to check that you actually have the Destiny Knot, correct EVs, etc, and keep chugging.
Just double-checked everything to be sure and it's all set up properly. I guess my luck is just that bad, but I'm definitely not giving up yet. Thanks for the response!

Edit: just hatched it! Everything is just the way I need it, and it even hatched with Frisk (the mother had Infiltrator). Took longer than I expected but it's definitely worth it.

Last edited:
I bred a 5 IV (only missing atk) Modest Rotom and I'm planning to use the TrickSpecs set with Volt Switch to combine with my Scizor with U-Turn. Whic EV spread should I use: 252 hp/ 252 satk/ 4 spe or 4 hp/ 252 satk / 252 spe?

252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
I would recommend timid though
Thanks for the answer. It's gonna be Modest by now, though :/. Truth be told, I've heard arguments on the two sides of the Modest/Timid argument, so I think Modest has it's advantages (it hits quite a bit harder at least). That said, mine being Modest, would the speed investment be really worth it?

Thanks for the answer. It's gonna be Modest by now, though :/. Truth be told, I've heard arguments on the two sides of the Modest/Timid argument, so I think Modest has it's advantages (it hits quite a bit harder at least). That said, mine being Modest, would the speed investment be really worth it?
Probably. Timid is the correct answer for this particular Rotom, because a Trick or Volt Switch-reliant set wants to outspeed. Modest would be alright if you were planning to, say, rain sweep with Thunder+Hydro Pump, but Timid is definitely better for the support set.

The speed investment will almost always be worth it for Rotom, though.

On the topic of IVs this feels like a dumb question to ask but is there any way of influencing what IVs will get perfect if I don't have any parents with those perfect IVs?

For example I'm trying to get a Clauncher with 31's in HP, Speed, Defense, and Special Attack. I've got tons of babies with HP, Speed, and Defense 31's but no one is coming out with Special Attack, is there some configuration I should be breeding with or am I just unlucky?

Possibly related, I am using Destiny Knot, is that locking me into the parental IVs as my potential IV pool?

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Echoing Super Mario Bro's question because I too have heard rumors that Tornadus gets Aeroblast (as well as Entei getting Sacred Fire). I would very much like confirmation on whether or not this is true.

They both have the exact same effect, which is doubling the Attack stat, not the base stat.

So Mega Mawile has base 105 Attack, which maxes out at 339. Huge Power doubles it to 678. That's equivalent to base 259.

I'd say that the reason for there being two versions of the ability would be to suit the Pokemon. The name/phrase "Pure Power" matches well with Medicham's kung fu-ey motif, while Huge Power is a cuter version for the critters like Azumarill and Mawile.
I had heard that the effect was to actually double the Base Damage of a Physical Move used by the Pokémon with the ability, not the Attack stat itself. While it seems to be the same thing, this does have the effect of doubling a move like Foul Play, even though it doesn't work off of the Base Attack of the Pokémon using it. Though some confirmation would be great.

Is there any way to pass on a specific Pokéball when breeding with a Ditto? So far, everything I've tested has always passed down a regular Pokéball, regardless of the ball the parents are caught in, but there are plenty of situations I haven't tested yet (I think I've only tested Ditto + Male so far, but neither the Male's Pokéball nor the Ditto's Pokéball seems to pass down). I'm hoping for some way to breed Genderless Pokémon while keeping them in their Luxury Balls, but haven't found a way to do so. :(

IS there any information on the 'Attractions' feature of Pokemon-Gl?

*Edit: And especially information on the relationship pokemiles share with said attractions

Are the Battle Maison and Institute the only ways to Earn Battle Points?

CAn any other pokemon than SMeargle learn 'Happy Hour'?

(And Inkay, obviously)

Is it possible to breed a tyrunt in any ball other than a pokeball due to the scenario in which you attain it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)