Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raikou is not a good replacement for Keldeo because while both are fantastic, they do completely different tasks. Perhaps it would help if you gave an overview of your team?

Sure thing, with this team I just reached 1400 on SD.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Spikes

teleGOD (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hydro Pump

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Sure thing, with this team I just reached 1400 on SD.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Spikes

teleGOD (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hydro Pump

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Looks like you have Volt Switch (Raikou's main purpose that it's sets tend to be built around) covered in Rotom-W; so Raikou doesn't seem the best fit on this team imo. I think you honestly are on the right track with Scarf Keldeo as it lets you beat stuff the rest of your team would otherwise have a lot of trouble with like Lop and Lando. The recommended set for Scarf right now is Hydro/Secret/Scald with a choice between Icy Wind and HP Electric. Icy Wind is mostly for Latis so personally I'd for HP Electric to take down Gyara and other bulky waters like Slowbro; unless you have a specific target in mind for HP Ice?
Finally, I'd remove Ice Punch from Lopunny for a more useful move like Substitute, Baton Pass, Healing Wish etc. It's generally only good for Lando on the switch and you have Lando covered in Keld and arguably Rotom anyway.

Looks like you have Volt Switch (Raikou's main purpose that it's sets tend to be built around) covered in Rotom-W; so Raikou doesn't seem the best fit on this team imo. I think you honestly are on the right track with Scarf Keldeo as it lets you beat stuff the rest of your team would otherwise have a lot of trouble with like Lop and Lando. The recommended set for Scarf right now is Hydro/Secret/Scald with a choice between Icy Wind and HP Electric. Icy Wind is mostly for Latis so personally I'd for HP Electric to take down Gyara and other bulky waters like Slowbro; unless you have a specific target in mind for HP Ice?
Finally, I'd remove Ice Punch from Lopunny for a more useful move like Substitute, Baton Pass, Healing Wish etc. It's generally only good for Lando on the switch and you have Lando covered in Keld and arguably Rotom anyway.

I'll try to run HP Electric instead of Ice, you're right, the only times I've used Ice Punch was to deal with Lando, and it wasn't even able to OHKO it (after SR and Intimidate ofc), and since I have Rotom-W it's not that big of a deal.
Thanks to both of you Kurona & Recreant, that really was nice of you.

Hey guys this is my first post(unless you count the redirct post I got)on Smogon and I am just getting into competitive pokemon. I am debating what my EVs and Moveset should be for Volcarona.

IVs: 5(all maxed)
-HP
-Attack
-Sp. Defense
-Speed
-Defense

Nature: Modest

Ability: Flamebody
Volcarona's best OU sets are its Bulky Quiver Dance set and its Offensive Quiver Dance set I believe. Here are the sets in question (taken from the strategy Dex):
Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Roost

^ This is the Bulky set

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

^ This is the Offensive set

That being said, you may want to re-roll on your IVs since you really want Sp. Attack IVs and you don't need Attack IVs.

Does black glasses bisharp run max atk max speed? and if so adamant or jolly?
Black Glasses Bisharp is usually max atk max spe, but the nature is personal preference. I tend to run Jolly, so as to outspeed Gyarados and Mamoswine, and speed tie with Breloom and Metagross pre-mega. The power difference between Jolly and Adamant doesn't make too much of a difference because of Black Glasses/Dread Plate.

Having a lot of trouble with Agility Megagross lately. What's a decent check to that set? Priority hits it for shit, and between Meteor Mash/EQ/Ice Punch it hits almost everything pretty damn hard.

Heh...this might seem face palm worthy, but I just noticed that in addition to having a base stat total higher than arceus, primal groudon essentially gets adaptability for one of his STABS (fire), and gets an immunity to his only 4x resistance in his ability. In my opinion, that's a better ability than delta stream...

Heh...this might seem face palm worthy, but I just noticed that in addition to having a base stat total higher than arceus, primal groudon essentially gets adaptability for one of his STABS (fire), and gets an immunity to his only 4x resistance in his ability. In my opinion, that's a better ability than delta stream...
Um, you might want to direct this...question?...for the ubers sub-forum. lol

I've noticed the 1500's seem to be a much higher step in difficulty then anything else I've seen on the ladder so far. Does that happen to everyone or does it just mean I've personally plateau'd with my teambuilding/battling skills? Would making a RMT and getting outside help get me much farther? Is this considered a good ranking for someone as new as I am?

I've noticed the 1500's seem to be a much higher step in difficulty then anything else I've seen on the ladder so far. Does that happen to everyone or does it just mean I've personally plateau'd with my teambuilding/battling skills? Would making a RMT and getting outside help get me much farther? Is this considered a good ranking for someone as new as I am?
I wouldn't be worried about plateauing too much, it could just be a slump or a tilt. If you feel it's your battling or teambuilding skills are holding you back, you can sign up for a tutor here. If you don't feel like posting a RMT (they can be time consuming), you could post a bare bones version in this thread for quick advice.

the ladder is still inflating, 1500 rn should be like 1700-1800ish on the OU XY ladder

Can I grab the Skill Swapset for Cressila that, err, floating around? It isn't listed in the strategydex and I've heard good things about it.

Question: is there any other reasonable way to run ditto without choice scarf? When I use it, the opponent always knows it's locked into a move, and even if they don't, it's hard to sweep without copying two swords dances or something. I've heard of focus sash ditto, and I guess that might work well, but if you lose the speed tie on the first turn you fall to priority. Any thoughts? A gimmicky answer is an iron ball ditto in a TR team...but I can't afford to change my team around that much.
Also...my 100th post! Yay!! (Because you guys totally care):D

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Question: is there any other reasonable way to run ditto without choice scarf? When I use it, the opponent always knows it's locked into a move, and even if they don't, it's hard to sweep without copying two swords dances or something. I've heard of focus sash ditto, and I guess that might work well, but if you lose the speed tie on the first turn you fall to priority. Any thoughts? A gimmicky answer is an iron ball ditto in a TR team...but I can't afford to change my team around that much.
Also...my 100th post! Yay!! (Because you guys totally care):D
Not really. The whole point of Ditto is to be able to revenge kill sweepers after they set up, which is why it's best used with a Choice Scarf because it will always outspeed them. By running any other item you're relying on a coin flip. I mean yeah a Focus Sash would be a decent item on it if you were guaranteed to win every speed tie, but you're not, so it's useless. Just slap a Scarf on that bitch or don't even bother using it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)