Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Brave Bird / Iron Head / Taunt
- Brave Bird / Iron Head / Taunt

Role: Hazard Setter

What It Does: Custap Skarm is an excellent hazard setter for teams (especially Hyper Offense, or really aggressive Bulky Offense) that rely on hazard stacking, due to access to both Stealth Rock and Spikes, as well as an excellent ability in Sturdy, which makes it one of the few Pokemon with that role that don't need to run Focus Sash to be effective at it. Custap Berry allows Skarmory to use one move at the front of its priority bracket once it gets down to 25% HP or less. This gives it a very good chance, though not an absolute guarantee, of getting a minimum of two hazards up (at least three if your opponent has to switch into something to better handle Skarm that doesn't have a priority move), giving many teams a serious edge if played properly. Other than the two hazard moves, the remaining two slots can be filled with any combination of Brave Bird, Iron Head, and Taunt, depending on the needs of the team. Brave Bird is a powerful Flying STAB that has the side effect of damaging Skarmory in the process. Unlike many Pokemon using recoil moves like BB, this can actually work in Skarmory's favor, especially if it is within range of dying from the recoil, as this will prevent the opponent from removing the hazards on that turn, allowing you to switch in something to counter the hazard remover. Iron Head is a useful Steel type STAB. It's primary purpose is to take out Mega Diancie, who would otherwise cause serious problems for Skarmory due to Magic Bounce. Taunt is fairly self-explanatory. It can be used on slower leads to prevent your opponent from setting up hazards, or with Custap's boost to screw over anything attempting to Defog. Any two of those three moves will work effectively. It comes down to what exactly you think you'll have the most problems with. Speed is maximized and given a positive nature for obvious reasons. Attack is maximized to ensure that Skarmory can do at least a moderate amount of damage with its attacking move(s). If Brave Bird is being used in order to commit suicide, then this also has the benefit of increasing the recoil Skarmory will take, making it easier for Skarm to accomplish this, as well as making it easier to get to Custap range. While not listed in the set since there are situations where you may want Skarm to be able to last a bit longer, it is often a good idea to zero out the IVs for Skarm's defensive stats, in order to help ensure that you actually reach Custap range, rather than having an attack deal 70% damage, thus screwing you over big time.

Good Teammates: Given this set's intended purpose is for providing hazards to pressure the opponent for very aggressive teams, pretty much anything common on such teams that can take advantage of this can make a pretty good teammate. Teammates that can prevent or deter hazard removal, such as Gengar and Bisharp, make excellent teammates for Skarmory, since you don't want your opponent removing your hazards. Offensive sweepers and wallbreakers who like having hazards up to ensure kills and to pressure the opponent, such as Mega Lopunny, Mega Metagross, Mega Gallade, Mega Gardevoir, Charizard X & Y, Lando, Keldeo, and countless other offensive team mainstays, will make great use of Skarmory's ability to get several layers of hazards up fairly reliably. If your team requires a hazard remover to be present, then a Rapid Spinner such as Starmie is preferable, since, again, you don't want your own hazards being removed. Something to handle priority users like Talonflame and Azumarill could be useful, as Skarm's a fairly predictable lead, so your opponent might lead with them to screw up Skarm's ability to stack hazards. Something that can take on Mega Sableye is important too, since it's the main relevant Magic Bouncer aside from Mega Diancie, and Skarmory can't do much of anything to it. Other than these considerations, Skarmory doesn't need a lot of support, since it is itself a support mon, and it is capable of supporting a fair amount of offensive teams.

What Counters It: Anything with priority moves will screw up Skarmory, since Custap does not increase the priority of its moves, it simply makes the move resolve before anything else in the same priority bracket. Talonflame is particularly dangerous, since it can use Flare Blitz to reduce Skarmory's HP to near zero, then use Brave Bird with priority the next turn when Custap activates, finishing it off. Hazard removers that can outspeed Skarmory (which is most of them) can be a real problem if you've already used up Custap Berry, as you won't be able to Taunt them. Anything with Magic Bounce is a big problem. While Skarmory can deal with Mega Diancie effectively as long as it's running Iron Head, Mega Sableye is a different story entirely. If your opponent leads with Mega Sableye, you're in trouble. Also, counterintuitive as it may sound, Pokemon using relatively weaker attacks can actually be the most effective against Skarmory, since (as mentioned above), Skarmory needs to hit Custap range in order to get the maximum benefit out of its set. Anything capable of dealing more than 50% but less than 75% with a single attack is a fairly effective counter to Skarmory.

Any Additional Info: One other possibility for this set is to run Salac Berry over Custap Berry. This can easily surprise your opponent since they'd most likely expect a Custap Berry set. This raises Skarm's speed for all moves by one stage for as long as it is out, which can actually give it freedom to set up even more hazards than it normally could in certain situations, or to turn the tables on something expecting to kill Skarm, including pretty much every relevant hazard remover. However, this idea is not without problems of its own. With a boost from Salac Berry, Skarmory hits a speed of 393, which is excellent, but still leaves it vulnerable to priority users, most scarfers, and a few high speed unboosted Pokemon such as MegaMan. Also, since Skarm will still have a very low HP by that point, its ability to carry the Salac Boost across several turns (which is the main point of the set) is unreliable at best. However, Salac Berry is still a viable alternative over Custap.
I have a question: when should use skarm over forretress? Forretress can use explosion, witch Means he can certanly die (sometimes acting like a lure)and bring somenone to kill the spinners/defoggers, also can use rapid spin or gyro ball with the custap turn.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Skarm also has Custap Taunt though which is great for HO teams which often don't carry their own hazard removers. Also Iron Head bodies Mega Diancie (an anti-lead used to prevent mons from getting hazards up). There are probably a few other advantages but I haven't used either myself so these are the ones I know of.

Hmm i think
Explosion>Brave Bird
Gyro ball> Iron Head(but forretress is weaker to diancie)
Taunt> Rapid Spin
So both have advantages and disavantages.

Skarm also has Custap Taunt though which is great for HO teams which often don't carry their own hazard removers. Also Iron Head bodies Mega Diancie (an anti-lead used to prevent mons from getting hazards up). There are probably a few other advantages but I haven't used either myself so these are the ones I know of.

Also, salac berry could be more usefull than custap berry, cause allow it to outspeed all the unboosted(without scarf) Hazzard Removers, while custap turn can me wasted.(i read This in a discussion about forretress and skarmory)

I have a question: when should use skarm over forretress? Forretress can use explosion, witch Means he can certanly die (sometimes acting like a lure)and bring somenone to kill the spinners/defoggers, also can use rapid spin or gyro ball with the custap turn.
Another thing worth mentioning (which reminds me that I forgot to mention this in the actual entry, so I'll edit a mention in after I'm done this) is the fact that Skarmory and Forretress can both have problems with Taunt users, since they'll ruin your plans. However, in this regard, Skarmory has another advantage over Forretress, which is that it has a MUCH higher base speed. This means there's a couple of Taunt users Skarm can outspeed, such as bulkier Heatran sets that don't put as much toward speed. Forretress, on the other hand, falls victim to every relevant Taunt user, and unlike Skarmory, it's not likely to have any attacks to help it in that situation, since using Explosion immediately kinda defeats the entire purpose of using it, Rapid Spin barely even qualifies as an attack, and Gyro Ball is kind of hard to fit on, unless you're gonna run it over Rapid Spin. At which point, Forretress's only real advantage over Skarmory is Explosion, which is really not enough to run it over Skarm in my opinion, as Skarmory can still die pretty easily when you need it to in most cases. This also makes it pretty easy to bring out something to set up on top of Forretress in the meantime. I'm not gonna say that Custap Forretress is necessarily completely terrible, but there's only a few instances in which it really has an advantage over Skarm.

Also, salac berry could be more usefull than custap berry, cause allow it to outspeed all the unboosted(without scarf) Hazzard Removers, while custap turn can me wasted.(i read This in a discussion about forretress and skarmory)
I mentioned this in the last paragraph of my entry. There's pluses and minuses to using Salac. It has a surprise factor, and can potentially give the user a couple more turns with high speed, but in a lot of cases, it's unreliable due to how low of a health you have to be at before it activates, limiting the number of turns you could conceivably keep the user on the field for, especially when they're still quite weak to priority attacks. Also, even with Salac, Skarmory still only hits 393 speed, and while that's not bad by a long shot, and does outspeed all unboosted hazard removers, it is still naturally outsped by a number of common Pokemon, such as the ever-common Mega Lopunny and Mega Manectric, who will have no problem finishing Skarm off with that little health left. And Salac really isn't viable on Forretress at all in most cases, since even if you maximized Forretress's speed and gave it a positive speed nature, it would still only hit a maximum of 294 speed with the Salac boost. Enough to outspeed a couple things...but most of the things that would likely be sent out against it would still outrun it.

Last edited:
I just made a list of special sweepers, who need a post about it,to help someone who wants to write about a pokemon. maybe someone can help doing this to other roles.(if I forget someone you can help me).

-Thundurus(t-wave+3/2 Aks)

-kingdra(Double Dance)

- Special Lucario

-CM Cresselia(if you want Mega Latias but don’t have mega slot)

-Seismitoad(Rain)

-Noivern(LO 3 attacks + Taunt/Roost)

-Ludicolo(Rain)

-NP Infernape(Outclassed by Mixed Ape)

-LO + Encore Whimsicott

I’ll stop flooding by now I promise

edit: remove lure keldeo, because it is more a late game cleanner then a special sweeper.

Last edited:

bludz

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
CM Landorus is written up since it's listed under wallbreakers. Also when looking through special sweepers I saw that Thundurus-T is listed as Thundurus-I.

Also yeah 3 atks t-wave Thundurus isn't done yet as far as I can see. I know I haven't done spdef skarm yet (it'll be done soon), but can I reserve Thundurus as well?

I edit. the errors. also i think Mega Houndoom is more a Special Sweeper then a Wall-breaker(the writer even choose the role as Special Sweeper) but it is listed on the Wall-breakers list.

Last edited:
Nobody take This thundurus, so you can take it.
CM Landorus is written up since it's listed under wallbreakers. Also when looking through special sweepers I saw that Thundurus-T is listed as Thundurus-I.

Also yeah 3 atks t-wave Thundurus isn't done yet as far as I can see. I know I haven't done spdef skarm yet (it'll be done soon), but can I reserve Thundurus as well?[/qu

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Not a fan of critdra tbh.

Focus Energy+Hydro Pump+draco meteor+agility is quite easy to stop, 'cos its quite unlikely you're getting two boosts. agility is still really weak, esp when one may opt for timid, and just running focus energy leaves you easily revenge killed, esp. with kingdra's poor bulk. it's not even a main set on the analysis ._. (check signature)

I thought I'd go ahead and chime in:
- I'm also not a huge fan of Critdra in general. Its poor bulk makes it incredibly hard to get off both Agility and Focus Energy, and unlike other offensive double dancers its immediate power is sort of meh. I know it was popular enough to get an analysis in XY, but then again so was SubToxic Gliscor

- I've never heard of anyone using CM Cresselia in OU. If anyone wants to vouch for this set in OU, go ahead, but at a glance it seems sub par, especially when compared to CM Clefable, which has a better ability and coverage, and Mega Latias. I'm also pretty sure that Whimsicott's LO + Encore set is unviable in OU.

- I mentioned this before, but just because I list something under wallbreakers doesn't mean it can't sweep. I usually go with whatever role the poster of the set lists it under unless I think there's a good reason to move it elsewhere. If I listed one set under every possible role it might fall under depending on the circumstances, the lists would all be flooded. You can certainly sweep with Mega Houndoom under the right circumstances, but given that it has Nasty Plot but no priority, it's usually better suited as a a wallbreaker.

- Kutscher Please avoid double posting in the future

bludz

What To Use:

Skarmory @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Def
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Defog / Spikes
- Whirlwind / Taunt

Role: Special Wall, Hazard Remover, Hazard Setter

What It Does: Specially Defensive Skarmory checks some powerful special attackers thanks to its great typing despite a subpar special defense stat. It checks Fairy types such as Mega Diancie and Mega Gardevoir, and to a lesser extent Mega Altaria. It's also a great check to variants of Landorus-I that don't carry Focus Blast. Roost is for reliable recovery, while Iron Head is to hit said Fairy types hard. Skarmory can set up Spikes or Defog depending on whether you need to stack hazards or remove them, but it is not advised to carry both. Whirlwind vs Taunt is a utility choice based on team needs.

Good Teammates: Hippowdon is a great teammate since it checks electric types and handles powerful physical attackers a little better. Rocky Helmet Garchomp handles Talonflame and some fire types quite well for Skarmory but still suffers against the ice type coverage most electric types carry. Either can also form a hazard stacking core with Skarmory. Quagsire has perfect type synergy with Skarmory and fulfills a similar role as Hippowdon but is more passive so would be seen more on stall teams. Mega / regular Latias is a nice partner since it can take Fire and Electric type attacks while Skarmory shrugs off Fairy types and Bug type moves as well. Mega Altaria also has pretty good type synergy with Skarmory.

What Counters It: Because Skarmory's only attacking move is steel type, all fire and electric types can switch in freely and threaten Skarmory with super effective STAB. Other pokemon that carry coverage moves can threaten out Skarmory, and also powerful water type attackers like Keldeo can spam Scald not fearing Iron Head.

Additional Info: Speed can be run on this set to creep things if you need it to, but try to keep a lot of special bulk. Skarmory isn't all that specially bulky, it relies moreso on its typing for this set to function effectively so it isn't going to tank neutral special hits from strong attackers all that well.

Last edited:

bludz

What To Use:

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast / Grass Knot / Psychic

Role: Special Sweeper, Wallbreaker, Support

What It Does: Thundurus is one of the deadliest special attackers in OU with access to a wide variety of coverage moves and excellent offensive stats. The ability Prankster is the icing on the cake, allowing Thundurus to paralyze faster threats with priority Thunder Wave, which can neutralize the sweeping potential of pokemon such as Mega Lopunny and Mega Alakazam. Thundurus can wallbreak thanks to raw power and coverage, it has the speed to sweep and can be your team's emergency support system if a Dragon Dancing pokemon such as Charizard X gets too many boosts. Thunder Wave is required for paralyzing faster pokemon to support the rest of the team and Thunderbolt is STAB. Hidden Power [Ice] is the recommended coverage move because it has near perfect neutral coverage with Thunderbolt and obliterates threats such as Landorus, Garchomp and Gliscor. For the last move, Focus Blast is generally the best option to hit Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, Heatran and other steel types on the switch - such as Choice Scarf Magnezone which resists the boltbeam coverage. Grass Knot is an option to eliminate Hippowdon which is usually EV'd to survive 2 LO Hidden Powers from Thundurus, and it also lets Thundurus beat Water/Ground types which otherwise check it well. Psychic is an option as well, primarily for Mega Venusaur which walls Thundurus otherwise.

Good Teammates: Wallbreakers like Landorus, Kyurem-Black, Keldeo, Bisharp and Mega Heracross synergize well with Thundurus and really enjoy its ability to slow other things down which allows them to plow through teams more easily. Other fast pokemon like Mega Lopunny and Talonflame still work well with Thundurus since it can eliminate some of the bulky pokemon that plague them such as Slowbro and Rocky Helmet Garchomp. Thundurus can fit nicely on rain teams with Prankster Rain Dance and the ability to spam Thunder or lure grass types with HP [Flying] if you choose to go that route. Generally Thundurus is at home on most offensive teambuilds and partners well with a great variety of pokemon, just be careful not to stack too many weaknesses to specific threats such as the ones listed below.

What Counters It: Chansey counters this Thundurus set since it is not carrying Nasty Plot and Focus Blast fails to 2HKO. Without Psychic, Mega Venusaur walls Thundurus and Hippowdon at full HP fears no move besides Grass Knot. Mega Latias can tank Hidden Powers, and Refresh sets don't mind the paralysis either. Raikou, particularly when holding an Assault Vest, is a pretty strong check to Thundurus. Mega Manectric is similar although it doesn't tank hits quite as well. Other fast sweepers that can't be paralyzed like Sand Rush Excadrill, Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile are also threats to Thundurus but don't like switching into it. Mamoswine and Weavile are also big threats with super effective priority that aren't threatened by Prankster T-Wave since Mamo is immune and Weavile's Ice Shard goes first. It's also important to remember that pokemon that carry the move Extremespeed can pick off Thundurus before T-Wave can be used thanks to +2 priority.

Additional Info: Hidden Power [Flying] gives Thundurus a STAB special attack that can also hit grass types such as Mega Venusaur and Celebi, but this causes Thundurus to lose its ice type coverage. Knock Off and Superpower are moves that are generally seen on the all out attacking Defiant set, but are perfectly viable on this set in the final slot but would require some nature and EV tweaking.

Last edited:
What to use:

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Role:Special Sweeper

What It Does:
While Seismitoad don’t have the same Wallbreaking potencial like Omastar and Specs Kingdra, seismitoad have a lot of qualities, being able to deal with the most common counters to rain sweepers, with Focus Blast can 2OKO Ferrothorn, with Sludge Wave can 2OKO any form of Azumarill and Chesnaught, Earth Power can OKO Toxicroak, and with this amazing coverage sweep after removing this threats is rally easy, or can make a good scenario for other Rain Sweepers shine. It’s immunity to Eletric moves is also a really good thing, making it a free switch to Thundurus, MegaMan, Raikou and other things, Hydro Pump is the Most Spammable move, getting a lot of KO and 2KO in the tier. Earth power is a secondary STAB important to KO heatran out of Rain, 2KO offensive Mega Venusaur, Keldeo and some other things.

Good Teammates:Politoed is the best Rain Setter, but Azelf can be used Too, Any Swift Swim Sweeper appreciate Seismitoad Help, because it can deal with the most common Threats, also can’t be cripple by priority t-wave, in favor seismitoad appreciate someone who can deal with bulky grass types, or special walls like chansey, Tornadus-T can take any grass type with Hurricane, and remove Chansey’s eviolite. (mega) Scizor love rain, and can take both grass types and chansey. Keldeo, Kabutops and even Mega Swampert can take chansey and other special walls(except keldeo), Someone who can take suicune is always wellcome. Seismitoad recive a lot of residual damage, latias have Defog, Healling Wish and can deal with Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss.

What Counters It: Seismitoad have a lot of problems with Special Walls, Like Chansey, Blisse, Slowking and others, Suicune can’t Be 2KOed by anything Seismitoad have, so can set-up and Sweep, other Rain Sweepers that outspeed him in rain are also a problem, and Bulky Grass types Like Mega Vensaur and Amoongus also mean problem.

Any Additional Info: The EV’s spread is used to outspeed Scarf Lando-T, +1 Mega Charizard x and +1Volcarona in rain, while Hit Hardest Possible. Scald and Knock off can be used in the set, Scald for a more Safe form of STAB, and Knock Off Cripples chansey, but it's difficult to find a spot to put them in the set.

Last edited:
What to use:

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Role:Special Sweeper

What It Does:
While Seismitoad don’t have the same Wallbreaking potencial like Omastar and Specs Kingdra, seismitoad have a lot of qualities, being able to deal with the most common counters to rain sweepers, with Focus Blast can 2OKO Ferrothorn, with Sludge Wave can 2OKO any form of Azumarill and Chesnaught, Earth Power can OKO Toxicroak, and with this amazing coverage sweep after removing this threats is rally easy, or can make a good scenario for other Rain Sweepers shine. It’s immunity to Eletric moves is also a really good thing, making it a free switch to Thundurus, MegaMan, Raikou and other things, Hydro Pump is the Most Spammable, getting a lot of KO and 2KO in the tier. Earth power is a secondary STAB important to KO heatran out of Rain, 2KO offensive Mega Venusaur, Keldeo and some other things.

Good Teammates:Politoed is the best Rain Setter, but Azelf can be used Too, Any Swift Swim Sweeper appreciate Seismitoad Help, because it can deal with the most common Threats, also can’t be cripple by priority t-wave, in favor seismitoad appreciate someone who can deal with bulky grass types, or special walls like chansey, Tornadus-T can take any grass type with Hurricane, and remove Chansey’s eviolite. (mega) Scizor love rain, and can take both grass types and chansey. Keldeo, Kabutops and even Mega Swampert can take chansey and othe special walls(except keldeo), Someone who can take suicune is always welcome. Seismitoad recive a lot of residual damage, latias have Defog, Healling Wish and can deal with Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss.

What Counters It:
Seismitoad have a lot of problems with Special Walls, Like Chansey, Blisse, Slowking and others, Suicune can’t Be 2KOed by anything Seismitoad have, so can set-up and Sweep, other Rain Sweepers that outspeed him in rain are also a problem, and Bulky Grass types Like Mega Vensaur and Amoongus also mean problem.

Any Additional Info:
The EV’s spread is used to outspeed Scarf Lando-T in rain, while Hit Hardest Possible. Scald and Knock off can be used in the set, Scald for a more Safe form of STAB, and Knock Off Cripples chansey.
Just a couple of notes:
- The nature is missing on the set.
- The speed EVs don't quite match the goal. You only need 192 to outspeed max speed Scarf Landorus-T. 220's not necessarily a bad number since you outspeed +1 Jolly MegaZardX and Volcarona, but you should probably mention them in the additional info section

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind / Heal Bell / Stealth Rock / Fire Blast

Role: Physical Wall, Support
What It Does: Unaware Clefable is great if you need a Cleric or a mon to stop set-up sweepers. Clefable can switch into many mons that want to set up on you like DDancers or Swords Dance mons. The 4th moveslot depends on your team. Heal Bell can be used if you feel like your team wants the Cleric support, which can be useful on most teams. If you can't fit Stealth Rock anywhere else on your team, Clefable is a pretty reliable Rock setter, and has many oppurtunities to set up rocks. Clefable is also one of the few pokemon that Mega Sableye can't stop from setting up rocks. Fire Blast is nice if you want to hit Steels like Ferrothorn and Skarmory, if your team has trouble with those. Calm Mind is another option you can use if you just want to set up on opposing mons, while they can't set up on you because of Unaware. Since Clefable can't run softboiled with the ability Unaware, it has to use Wish (this might not be a bad thing if you are using it as a cleric). However it takes up two moveslots with protect which can be annoying. I don't recommend running Moonlight because it has only 8 PP and it only heals you 25% in weather. However, since this Clefable set uses Unaware as an ability, Clefable takes damage from rocks and other hazards, so it doesn't have as much freedom to switch as Magic Guard Clefable, so watch for that.

Good Teammates: Clefable does well on just about any team that needs the support Unaware Clefable provides. Clefable performs well in Dragon / Fairy / Steel cores in my opinion. It is able to switch into most Fighting types for the Steel type and it can act as a Cleric for the Dragon Type. Clefable is just a good glue in general to many teams. Landorus-T and Rotom-W are good mons to pair with Clefable because they can handle the Talonflames and Excadrills that like to switch in on Clefable, as Clefable can't really do anything to Talonflame and Excadrill, and they can just set up as much as they want. If you are not running Calm Mind Clefable, something to break Stall is also recommended. Good examples of Stallbreakers are Mew, Gliscor, and Talonflame. Clefable has nothing to hit Steel types so a good Fighting or Fire type is also nice to have.
What Counters It: Like I said previously, Talonflame and Excadrill are hard stops to Clefable (although you can predict the Excadrill switch in if you have Fire Blast). Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss also counter Clefable, as they resist Clefable's Moonblast, and they have a Super Effective Poison type move to hit back. Both Charizard Mega X and Charizard Mega Y can come on Clefable without much worry, but they do have to worry about Stealth Rocks if Clefable or a different Stealth Rocker you are running got Rocks up earlier in the battle. Any Steel type can come in for free on Clefable if it is not running Fire Blast and get up Hazards for free.
Additional Info: Clefable is a great mon to have on your team if you need it to switch into powerful mons like Mega Heracross, Mega Gallade, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Altaria to name a few, but sometimes Clefable can be a bit too passive, and you will wish you had something with more speed and power at times.

Done
You think this set should be in support too? Great set though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)