ORAS PU Analysis Reservation Thread

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Before we start, here's all the information you need to know before reserving an analysis and some useful links to help you along the way:

Generation 6 Analysis Format
Spelling and Grammar Standards
Grammar-Prose Team Queue

For your convenience, here's a list of the current PU QC team members. Please contact these users if you need an analysis checks (for QC not GP lol) or have any QC related questions:

The PU QC Team:
Magnemite (Tier Leader)
galbia (Tier Leader)
Montsegur (PU C&C Moderator)
Anty (PU C&C Goderator)
scorpdestroyer
Raiza
GrimoireGod
TONE114
trc
Megazard

Analysis Thread Tags (stolen from OU)
  • When you post your thread, be sure to use the appropriate tags for each stage of the analysis:
    • WIP - Work in Progress: The skeleton is incomplete and is not ready for the QC Team to evaluate. Keep in mind that after a 1 week period, if your skeleton is still in a WIP stage, the C&C moderators reserve the right to reassign your analysis as they see fit. Do not be lazy.
    • Quality Control - Quality Control Ready: In the thread title, include [QC: 0/3]. The skeleton is complete in bullet point form and now needs to seek approval by the QC Team. Make sure you update the thread title with the number of QC checks you currently have. ONLY WHEN YOU REACH TWO QC APPROVALS MAY YOU BEGIN WRITING THE ANALYSIS IN PARAGRAPH FORM, OTHERWISE THE ANALYSIS REMAINS IN BULLET POINTS. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE THE THIRD QC CHECK UNTIL THE ANALYSIS IS WRITTEN.
    • Copyediting - Grammar-Prose Ready: In the set title, include [GP: 0/2]. The three required QC approvals have been met. The Grammar-Prose team now takes over. When you are ready for a GP check, please post in the Grammar-Prose Queue with a link to your analysis.
    • Done: After the analysis gets two GP stamps, the analysis is ready for upload.
  • Be sure to update your thread's tags and stamp number as you move along the process.

Analyses will be categorized in the following manner:

[Unreserved] – The analysis has not been reserved. You are free to reserve it.
[Reserved] - The analysis has been reserved. If you do not post your skeleton 72 hours after your reservation, it will be eligible to be dropped at a QC moderator's discretion.
[In Progress] – The analysis is in progress. Reservations will only last two weeks unless progress is shown or the person who made the reservation contacts me and has a legitimate excuse.
[Completed.] – The analysis has been uploaded on-site.
You have at most 72 hours after reservations to post the skeleton in at least a WIP state. You should be able to finish working on your skeleton and move to into a QC ready state after a week.

Dedenne

* = Badgeholder only, due to the analysis likely being complicated.
** = Write up only
*** = only the council are eligible to reserve from this list, due to it likely being very complicated
Beautifly - Twix
Bellossom - Megazard
Dedenne - Spy and CyclicCompound
Dewgong - rubsomebacononit
Dustox - citro
Emolga - rubsomebacononit
Farfetch'd - Simipour
Gourgeist - rubsomebacononit
Illumise - SparksBlade
Ledian - Megazard
Magcargo - Poliwrath
Meganium - kt3
Murkrow - kevinrocks
Parasect - rubsomebacononit
Pidgeot - Megazard
Phione - TONE114
Plusle - scorpdestroyer
Seaking - Twix
Spinda - Twix
Sudowoodo - Twix
Vespiquen - Anty
Watchog - TONE114
Life Orb 4 attacks Simipour - Anty
All Out Attacker Monferno - Raiza.
Specially Defensive Clefairy - Raiza.
Choice Scarf Dodrio - Anty
Sunny Day Golem - Raiza.
Offensive Grumpig - Megazard
Choice Band Linoone - Raiza.
Choice Scarf Raichu - Megazard
Choice Scarf Sawsbuck - galbia
Choice Scarf Simipour - Raiza.
Scrappy Stoutland - Megazard
Specially Defensive Zweilous - GrimoireGod
Specially Defensive Pelipper - Megazard
Altaria - Darnell
Arbok - Raiza.
Ariados - Ununhexium
Armaldo - GrimoireGod
Articuno - Magnemite
Aurorus - Raiza.
Avalugg - Mysteria
Barbaracle - Anty
Basculin - Dundies
Bastiodon - Twix
Beartic - TONE114
Beheeyem - GrimoireGod
Bibarel - Simipour
Butterfree - Twix
Carbink - Psywaves
Carnivine - Megazard
Carracosta - Anty
Chatot - Enki
Chatot (revamp) - Dundies
Cherrim - Magnemite
Chimecho - rubsomebacononit
Clefairy - Anty
Corsola - Twix
Delcatty - TONE114
Delibird - Megazard
Ditto - Darnell
Dodrio - Anty
Dragonair - Twix
Drifblim - Anty
Dunsparce - Simipour
Duosion - GrimoireGod
Dusclops - GrimoireGod
Dusknoir - TONE114
Dwebble - Raiza.
Electabuzz - Raiza.
Electrode - blinkie
Flareon - Magnemite
Fearow - Twix
Floatzel - Anty
Fraxure - boltsandbombers
Frilish - BenOhver
Frogadier - Punchshroom
Furfrou - Raiza.
Furret - Simipour
Gabite - Dundies
Gigalith - TONE114
Girafarig - The Quasar
Glaceon - Twix
Glalie - galbia
Gogoat - Simipour
Golduck - Simipour
Golem - Tricking
Gourgeist-L - Twix
Gourgeist-S - Montsegur
Gourgeist-XL - Megazard
Grumpig - Raiza.
Heatmor - Darnell/Anty
Hippopotas - Darnell
Haunter - Darnell boltsandbombers
Huntail - Montsegur
Huntail (revamp)- Arifeen
Hypno - Raiza.
Jumpluff - galbia
Kadabra - Soulblaster
Kingler - Anty
Klang - Darnell
Kricketune - scorpdestroyer
Krokorok - Megazard
Lapras - Simipour
Leafeon - Anty
Leavanny
Lickilicky - boltsandbombers
Linoone - Snobalt
Lumineon - Megazard
Lunatone - TONE114
Luxray - The Quasar
Machoke - Megazard
Masquerain - Raiza.
Maractus - Megazard
Marowak - Soulblaster
Meowstic-F - Tentacruel<3
Meowstic-M - Psywaves
Metang - rubsomebacononit
Mightyena - LightningLuxray
Misdreavus - Anty
Monferno - GrimoireGod
Mothim - TONE114
Mr. Mime - Dundies
Munchlax - Dundies
Natu - rubsomebacononit
Ninetales - Magnemite
Ninjask - unfixable
Noctowl - rubsomebacononit
Octillery - Twix
Onix - Raiza.
Pachirisu - TONE114
Pawniard - GrimoireGod
Pelipper - Darnell Psywaves
Persian - TONE114
Piloswine - Magnemite
Politoed - blinkie Raiza.
Poliwrath - Anty
Probopass - Raiza.
Purugly - Magnemite
Quilladin - Dundies
Raichu - Anty
Rampardos - GrimoireGod
Rapidash - GrimoireGod
Raticate - rubsomebacononit
Regice - TheEpicBro
Regigigas - Raiza.
Roselia - Anty
Rotom-F - galbia
Sawsbuck - Darnell
Servine - Dundies
Seviper - Dundies
Shedinja - Twix
Simipour - Anty
Simisage - TONE114
Simisear - Enki
Slaking - Twix
Sneasel - Magnemite
Solrock - Anty
Stantler - Dundies
Stoutland - Montsegur
Stunfisk - Mysteria
Sunflora - Twix
Swalot - Anty
Swanna - LightningLuxray
Swoobat - Psywaves
Tangela - Water Drone
Tentacool - Raiza.
Togetic - Darnell
Torkoal - Dundies
Torterra - TONE114
Tropius - TONE114
Unfezant - Twix
Ursaring - TONE114
Vanilluxe - TONE114
Venipede - Twix
Vibrava - Magnemite
Victreebel - GrimoireGod
Vigoroth - Anty
Volbeat - Mysteria
Vullaby - boltsandbombers
Wailord - TONE114
Walrein - Twix
Wartortle - Darnell
Wartortle (revamp) - Raiza
Weepinbell - Rubsomebacononit
Whirlipede - Raiza.
Whiscash - TONE114
Wormadam-G - Anty
Wormadam-S - Anty
Wormadam-T - TONE114
Wigglytuff - Dundies
Zebstrika - Soulblaster
Zweilous - Punchshroom
Lairon
Sliggoo
Reservation Rules
  • If you are a badgeholder, you can reserve up to three Pokemon at one time. If you are not, you can reserve up to two Pokemon at a time.
  • Additional reservations cannot be made until your current analyses are posted and in the GP stage.
  • Pokemon with a (*) attached to it can only be reserved by badgeholders. Again, this is to ensure the critically important threats are in reliable hands for quality purposes. Pokemon without (*) are open to anyone, badged or not.
  • Post in this thread with your analysis reservations. Pay attention to the posts in front of you in case the list is not updated.
  • Do not edit your posts in this thread after an extended period of time. Double post if you wish to unreserve your Pokemon or select another one instead.
  • Not all Pokemon are able to be reserved right now. That is because PU has a huge amount of Pokemon. We have made it so only certain Pokemon can be reserved so that we don't end up with Plusle and Minun on site before Sneasel and Carracosta. We will be adding Pokemon to the Unreserved list as analyses are completed.
  • If a Pokemon is not on the Unreserved list, you may ask Galbia, Magnemite, Montsegur, or Anty for permission to make an analysis.
  • Pokemon in the S-rank of PU Viability Rankings will be dealt with only by the council members, but everyone will still retain the ability to contribute with suggestions.
Feel free to send WhiteDMist or Dell a message if you have any questions or concerns. Be it that you want us to add a Pokemon to the high priority list, that you don't know how to go about doing something, or that you think a Pokemon which currently has a PU analysis should not. Any and all questions or concerns are welcome.

Please do not edit your posts in this thread; double post or triple post if necessary. This will help me keep track of this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've cleaned up the OP, but please inform me if something is incorrect (I'm only human).

I'm also going to emphasize that if you want to make an analysis for a Pokemon not listed in the unreserved list, please contact a PU C&C mod. If you can't, you could also ask a QC member to ask us on your behalf.

Anything that was reserved but not started in the previous thread has been unreserved. You must reserve anything that has not been started again.

I would like to remind all writers that the QC team have real life obligations as well, so you should NOT expect them to notice your analysis immediately. If you want to recieve a QC check quickly, you should get in contact with one or more members of the QC team to request them to check your analysis. At the same time, if they are not immediately available, do not force the issue as they will get to it when they can.

It is best for the QC team to wait a day before checking, if a QC member already checked it. This is a measure against bandwagonning and lazy checks.

I want to prioritize the more viable Pokemon in the tier (think B- rank and higher), then the average (C+ to D). So please do not ask for irrelevant Pokemon (such as Unown) as permission will not be given.

For goodness sake's, DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS! Once this thread gets long, I won't be able to keep track of any edits.

Last edited:

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Reserving Beheeyem and Monferno. :]

Edit: Victreebel is done.

WDMEDIT: edit: edit: no edit: more edit: edits edit

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: g

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Im pretty sure pignite wasnt on the list for a reason (unless you asked wdm/dell). Thich Fat doesnt do enough to grant it an analysis, it doesnt let pignite check any more pokes than it could before. Common ice and fires still hurt it, the only ice/fire's i can think of that doesnt 2hko are regice and heatmor, and the latter knocks off its eviolite.
I really cant see a huge niche, i would honestly rather use monferno as it has recovery, and i dont even think that should get one tbh

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Pignite does have amazing offensive Coverage, while Thick Fat doesn't let it wall anything relevant, I think offensive should be pretty cool.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It is a fire type that cant check Ninetales. For me it is a no
252 SpA Ninetales Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Pignite: 138-164 (35.9 - 42.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252 SpA Ninetales Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Pignite: 274-324 (71.3 - 84.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Seems like a decent enough check to me, seeing as Ninetales already has coverage to hit just about everything hard.

Also all of this should go in the analysis discussion thread, so if you reply to me do it in there. I just thought of that now >.<

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Montsegur that's also without Life Orb:

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Ninetales Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Pignite: 356-421 (92.7 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Even if it's not Life Orb Ninetales, all the Ninetales user has to do is switch out the first time when Pignite comes into check and, by the next time when it has likely taken 2 rounds of Stealth Rock damage (which it can't heal off), kill it with +2 Psyshock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)