ORAS Ubers ORAS RMT: Ou/Uber - mostly for a grudge match IRL

Hello,

I have finally made the move from BW2 into 3D and as such have to put a team together to battle my old friend with. We have a long standing rivalry as we both started with Red and Blue on the GBC. He uses mostly sweepers focussing on attack and speed over tanks or entry hazards (hence lack of Rapid Spin below). I usually do the same however want to mix it up a little this time so have put together the below team. Currently it is serving me well with more considerably more wins than losses (aside from people who just use legendaries who barred from our IRL grudge matches as they aren't very creative IMO)

So yes, please rate my team...

Azumarill:
Assault vest
Huge Power

HP 252 Atk 252 SpD 4

Aqua Jet
Knock off
Waterfall
Play Rough

I'm using Azumarill to dip in and out, dealing medium priority damage with Aqua Jet and to remove items with Knock Off. Play rough is obviously wiping up dragons and waterfall is useful for pure power. Azumarill is also proving to be bulky enough with this set to tank certain pokemon and force switches that can then be countered with aqua jet.

Galvantula:
Focus Sash
Compound Eyes:

SpA: 252 SpD: 4 Spe: 252

Sticky Web
Giga Drain
Bug Buzz
Thunder

A suicide lead, Galvantula is being used pretty generically to come in first, shoot out a sticky web then either switch or deal damage with thunder and bug buzz. I expected a pure glass cannon but have been surprised at how much damage it has been able to do before going down. I chose giga drain over energy ball as that little bit of recovery can sometimes really help. With my rival being heavy on speed the small drop caused by SW might be enough to turn the battle in my favour.

Garchomp:

Quick Claw
Rough Skin

HP: 4 Atk: 252 Spe 252

Dragon Claw
Crunch
Earthquake
Brick Break

Garchomp is a favourite of mine that sadly didn't see much use in my BW2 team. his moves are reliable and I am throwing him in to cause widespread damage across multiple targets while soaking up any electric attack that may come my way. I chose quick claw as although it is hit and miss there have been a few times where that priority move has KO'd something that was ready to take me out.
I do think there is more I can do with him and have been debating using a choice item but am not a fan of getting locked in.

Skarmory:

Leftovers
Sturdy

HP: 252 Def: 232 Spe: 24

Spikes
Whirlwind
Roost
Brave Bird

There's not a lot I can say about this as it is your bog standard Skarm. Its just fast enough to out speed most threats (especially after sticky web speed drop) and spends its time laying spikes, roosting and whirlwinding away anything that sets up or poses a threat. Bravebird is there to deal damage and avoid getting taunt trapped.

Metagross:

Expert Belt
Clear Body

HP: 252 Atk: 252 SpD: 4

Bullet Punch
Earthquake
Zen Headbutt
Thunderpunch

I'm using Metagross as a bit of an anchor, it can take a lot of damage and like Garchomp has wide coverage with its moveset. Bullet punch is great for revenge killing fast opponents while Thunderpunch is causing problems for bulky water types, Skarms and anything that resists its other moves. I use an expert belt as I find the added power very effective and it makes up for lack of STAB with TP and EQ.

Mega Blaziken:

Blazikenite
Speedboost

Atk: 252 SpD: 4 Spe: 252

Thunderpunch
Protect
Flareblitz
High Jump Kick

Blaziken, why would I not use Blaziken? While it isn't getting as much use as I expected it is proving to be a highly effective glass cannon that can out speed and take out a wide range of threats with high jump kick. I went with Thunderpunch again as I find it works well with this set (I wasn't too fussed about swords dance). Protect is coming in handy and the other two moves just do the job.

So there we have it. I know this team isn't going to be winning any world championships but as I say it is allowing me to cause trouble for quite a few players who aren't running Rapid Spin or Defog.

So, please, Rate My Team...

This is not really an ubers team. It is an ou team with one ubers pokemon.

You are better off replacing blazieken with infernape/sharpeedo/yanmega for similar typing /ability. And using the team in ou.

In terms of the team you should probably put sefog on skarm as you have no removal and are already using skarm.

You have not included any natures.

Quick claw is extremely gimmicky and inconsistent and not good on garchomp. Also apart from suicide galvantula which dies quickly you have no special attackers meaning soemthing like physical almomamola singe handedly destroys your team. With a sticky web team you need a spinner and a bunch of medium speed heavy hitters. One mon i would suggest is bulky mega blastoise. Hope i helped also add images to make it easier to read

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, as casklord said this isn't an Ubers team. I would recommend retagging this as "Other" and clearly stating the rules you play by so people can help you better. Is it just no legendaries or are there other restrictions (because some Megas are as good as legendaries, and some people disallow them too; are you playing 6v6 or bring 6 choose 3, etc. It's best to be very specific about custom rules)? Do you yourself have limitations in what Pokemon you can obtain (like will you be playing on 3DS or on simulator)?

(side note Smogon Ubers is its own metagame that allows usage of Pokemon that you couldn't use elsewhere, ie legendaries, and it is quite creative since you can't just use a team of 6 legendaries and win a bunch of games. If you're curious, you can check out other RMTs and you'll see many non-legendaries work very well too)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)