ORAS Ubers ORAS Screens HO- Mk I

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
This is 8-BIT Luster here with my first ORAS RMT. It's pretty shitty, but seemed to handle itself well against the lower ladder (which really isn't that hard to do, but I digress,) and is a basis for what I want to do when it comes to actually making a good HO team. I'm on Showdown! frequently, so hit me up there.
FAIR WARNING: Some of these moves are a little gimmicky, but this is not a gimmick team.
just putting this there because Mega Salamence
upload_2014-12-8_10-6-22.png

Imagine Dragons (Salamence) (M) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Frustration
Mega Salamence is an utter beast in ORAS. It has a massive 130 Base Defense, further buffed by Intimidate in its base form. Dragon Dance is standard for Ofensive Mega Salamence, boosting Attack and Speed by one level each. Earthquake is much-needed coverage, crushing Rock Arceus, Zekrom, Dialga, and Aegislash, to name a few. Roost is there to regain lost health and works well if Salamence forces a switch and it's injured. Lastly, Frustration is Salamence's ridiculous STAB. I opted for the over Return or Frustration because if I come across the rare Ditto, it can do absolutely nothing to me, as Ditto are pretty much guaranteed to be running max Happiness. All told, Salamence is a beast who just punches holes in most things.
EDIT: Updated the spread for Salamence. 80 HP lets it survive three Dark Pulses from Darkrai, and 176 Speed still lets it outspeed relevant threats while letting it retain Adamant.

Biggie Smalls (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 224 HP / 240 Atk / 32 SDef / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw
- Stealth Rock
Primal Groudon is probably the best Pokemon in Ubers right now. This thing has everything: Massive physical bulk, a fantastic typing, 180/150 offenses, and a flavorful movepool to make the most of its stats. Precipice Blades is standard STAB, 2HKOing Offensive Primal Groudon and Kyogre, and OHKOing Zekrom, even with no Attack investment. Stone Edge one-Shots Ho-Oh, and is a great secondary coverage move. Rock Polish is ran over Stealth Rock here, because Rock Polish Primal Groudon is such a beast at +2. Lastly, Fire Blast lets Groudon get past Intimidate users, and is the best Fire move it can run, in my opinion. I opted for Max Special Attack with a Rash nature to make the most of its fantastic auxillary attack stat buff. 56 Speed EVs outspeed scarfed base 90s after a Rock Polish, and the rest is dumped into Attack. This set used to be with more Speed, and Dragon Pulse over Stone Edge before Mega Rayquaza got banned.
Stealth Rock is perfectly viable on this set, and i plan to play around with it in the future.

Rick Astley (Deoxys-Speed) @ Light Clay
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Knock Off
This is the Pokemon I'm least sure of. The set on it is really weird. Taunt is standard on lead Deoxys-Speed, as is Stealth Rock. i put Magic Coat over Thunder Wave on here because I never even used Thunder Wave, and Magic Coat provided more utility. Counter is where the gimmickry comes in. It's a move from when i was on the lower ladder, and people tended to lead with their wincons or sweepers, generally Primal Groudon, EKiller or Mega Rayquaza, and Sash Counter one-shotted them all, giving me a major advantage. Currently, the only use for it is anti-leading Genesect, who U-Turns, activating Counter and killing the switchin. I was thinking of running Knock Off over Counter, but like half the mons on a team can't have their items removed, which is ass. I've been thinking of sort of flopping roles with this guy and Klefki (you'll see what I mean later on.)
Screens Deoxys was the perfect thing for my team. Because the premise was Screens (Hyper) Offense, they were an integral part of my team. Deoxys sets up screens quite well, and has access to Taunt to prevent others from setting up Rocks or defogging my screens away. Screens are Screens. Knock Off, while receiving a "nerf" in the fact that at least 2 Pokemon on a team won't be able to have their items knocked off (A mega and a Primal, or if no Primal for some reason, an Arceus Forme holding a plate,) is still a a valuable move.

Finally I can get rid of the god-forsaken Counter.

The Killers (Arceus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
EKiller Arceus is just as good this gen as it ever was. It can punch holes in other people's teams for me, or clean up late-game. Swords Dance is an absolute must on EKiller, doubling your attack. Earthquake is coverage, smacking around things like Dialga, Heatran or Rock Arceus. Extreme Speed is your monstrous STAB and just punches holes in all kinds of shit. Lastly, Shadow Claw is used to hit Giratina-Origin and Lugia, who otherwise wall this set. I decided for Jolly Life Orb over something like Adamant Silk Scarf/Lum Berry, for more general power.

The Black Keys (Klefki) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Toxic
- Spikes
Klefki is my GeoXern and Yveltal check and screens setter. I feel that screens offense has gotten a lot of hate, especially with the Defog buff, but it's a very valuable tool that benefits my team greatly and can help me regain momentum. (For example, after a Reflect, +2 Life Orb EKiller does ~40% to Mega Salamence with ExtremeSpeed.) Thunder Wave cripples things not named Electric-or-Ground Types, and makes Geomancy Xerneas far more manageable. Play Rough is STAB, but don't expect it to do anything. Screens are self-explanatory, with Light Clay to boost the duration of the moves.
After flopping roles around, Klefki has become what it should've been all along: Standard Klefki. Spikes are invaluable, and Klefki can set them up with relative ease. Play Rough is standard STAB, and can actually chunk foes like Yveltal. Toxic is just so Klefki doesn't become useless against the terrifying force known as Primal Groudon, and can limit the staying power of a variety of mons. Lastly, Thunder Wave makes GeoXern far more manageable, and helps in slowing down a bunch of things that I might not be able to take out otherwise.

Ghostface Killah (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 112 Atk / 252 Def / 144 SpA
Naughty Nature
- Defog
- Dragon Tail
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Sneak​
Giratina-Origin is absolutely fantastic. It's one of the sturdiest Defoggers in the game. Originally this set was the one Dice posted, with Shadow Force over Dragon Tail and Max Attack, but I felt this spread was better, and Dragon Tail would provide more utility.(If anyone wonders why you would use max attack Shadow Force Gira, SF+Shadow Sneak kills GeoXern after rocks.) Defog removes the opponent's hazards, but unfortunately also removes my screens too. EDIT: Turns out you keep your screens with Defog. Dragon Tail is an excellent phazing move, and helps me with EKiller, who is an otherwise big threat to my team. Draco Meteor smashes Primal Groudon switchins, and also does big damage to LO EKiler. Shadow Sneak is just some STAB priority, and is pretty standard on Giratina.

THREATS:
EKiller is a pretty big one, and if Gira is gone, it can do some major damage.

I'll put up more later.

OTHER NOTES:
When I said I wanted to flip-flop some roles of my Pokemon, this is what I meant:
Deoxys-Speed: Hazard lead->Screens lead
Klefki: Screens-> Standard Spikes/TWave/Toxic/Pay Rough
Groudon: Rock Polish->Specially Defensive SR/Earthquake/Lava Plume/Roar

Anyways this team needs some work, and would like to get it rated by people who are better than me.
PISTOLERO and haxiom I'm looking at you.
RIP Mega rayquaza you will be missed

Last edited:

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Hello, like I already told you I think that you would be way better off using Play Rough / Toxic / Thunder Wave / Spikes Klefki as dual screens is just too easy to Defog on, seeing as you have nothing to punish opposing Defoggers with. I also told you that I think your Giratina set is stupid and that you should run Dragon Tail as otherwise Arceus will set up Swords Dance on your Draco Meteors, survive your following Extremespeed with then rampage. I would also reconsider your hazard lead as Deoxy-S kindof sucks. If you really want to keep it, use Knock Off as it lets you cripple Lati@s by removing their Soul Dew etc. If you use Spikes Klefki you could always try a Stealth Rock user like offensive Adamant Orb Dialga, which lets you blow apart Primal Groudon, set up Stealth Rock etc. Personally though, I would use specially defensive Dialga with Roar as this lets you check Calm Mind Arceus without having to switch in Primal Groudon all the time, and you can still blast Primal Groudon with Draco Meteor. I would run a solid amount of speed creep on Dialga to outpace slow Primal Groudon as well.

Speaking of Primal Groudon, I would switch to an Adamant Nature, max Attack, and Overheat over what you have now, as this should let you still OHKO everything you want whilst being able to blast things apart with physical attacks.

I would also run a Jolly nature on Salamence myself, but that's personal preference. Outspeeding Lati@s, Mega Diancie, and anything that isn't max Speed Wisp Arceus sounds is very nice though.

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Hello, like I already told you I think that you would be way better off using Play Rough / Toxic / Thunder Wave / Spikes Klefki as dual screens is just too easy to Defog on, seeing as you have nothing to punish opposing Defoggers with. I also told you that I think your Giratina set is stupid and that you should run Dragon Tail as otherwise Arceus will set up Swords Dance on your Draco Meteors, survive your following Extremespeed with then rampage. I would also reconsider your hazard lead as Deoxy-S kindof sucks. If you really want to keep it, use Knock Off as it lets you cripple Lati@s by removing their Soul Dew etc. If you use Spikes Klefki you could always try a Stealth Rock user like offensive Adamant Orb Dialga, which lets you blow apart Primal Groudon, set up Stealth Rock etc. Personally though, I would use specially defensive Dialga with Roar as this lets you check Calm Mind Arceus without having to switch in Primal Groudon all the time, and you can still blast Primal Groudon with Draco Meteor. I would run a solid amount of speed creep on Dialga to outpace slow Primal Groudon as well.

Speaking of Primal Groudon, I would switch to an Adamant Nature, max Attack, and Overheat over what you have now, as this should let you still OHKO everything you want whilst being able to blast things apart with physical attacks.

I would also run a Jolly nature on Salamence myself, but that's personal preference. Outspeeding Lati@s, Mega Diancie, and anything that isn't max Speed Wisp Arceus sounds is very nice though.
You know I have dragon tail on here right
And yeah I was thinking of doing Dual Screens Deo (I like the move) +Knock Off and standard keys once I get higher up on the ladder.
I'll try out max attack overheat and Don though.
Dialga was something I considered, but then i'd have three ground-weak mons, although I do have Gira and Mence to help mitigate that.

hello this is a decent hyper offense team. if you want to make improvements to it you're going to have to get rid of deoxys is in my opinion. not only is lead-deos HO an archetype that struggles pretty hard in oras (in xy too), but you have a defensive backbone of klefki/gira-o meaning that a lead like deoxys doesn't really fit. I don't think screens are good at all btw, as your set-up sweepers are often still checked by certain things. if you want to effectively abuse screens klefki honestly isn't too bad because you can do it when you can actually sweep, but you give up a lot of klefki's defensive prowess (no spikes/play rough/toxic). if you make this team 'offense' instead of 'offense hiding behind a HO mask' it would be quite a bit better because you get a valuable mon instead of deo-s. you are pretty free with the mons you can use instead of it to be fair, but I'd like to recommend darkrai to help significantly reduce your weakness to cm arceus formes. arc fairy with earth power, and the uncommon wisp arceus dark look quite threatening and though you can play around them decently, a way to shift momentum in your favor is really nice. it's a good secondary stallbreaker as well. this makes you a bit weaker to choice band ho-oh (with sleep talk), so you could consider refresh on salamence, but it's optional. speaking of mence, I think 252 speed isnt sort of unnecessary. arceus trying to outspeed mence will just run 252 timid, or enough for 252 mega mence (cant remember ev's rn), so it does practically nothing. 176 speed outspeeds base 100's, allowing you to outspeed choice scarf genesect at +1, as well as scarf xerneas/scarf yveltal (though they dont run max speed). the extra ev's can go into hp to increase your bulk. this is especially appreciated if you got with refresh, in which case you also consider an impish nature to help check ho-oh better as well as set up easier on primal groudon. of course you're now going to need hazards as you lost deos, so put rocks on primal groudon. you should also use standard klefki as pistolero suggested. sets below if you need them. groudon is standard from the analysis, but I put dragon claw as I think it is a necessity as it hits latis and giro.

anyway hope I helped, good luck with the team :]

oh and ps: do the attack ev's on gira-o do something specific? if not you could put them in bulk/speed which would it be more effective. run at least 16 speed ev's to outspeed 12 speed groudon (timid diancie pre-mevo)

_______
Klefki (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Toxic

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Trait: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dark Void
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse

Groudon @ Red Orb
Trait: Drought
EVs: 224 HP / 240 Atk / 32 SDef / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw
- Stealth Rock

Hey there. The premise of your team is base on screen hyper offense so it wouldn't make sense for me to suggest not using screens. Despite what the above people may say, I believe screen hyper offense to be a more than usable playstyle, albeit, not one commonly seen. You also have the right kind of idea as to what Pokemon to use in screen HO, however, there are few simple suggestions that I can provide that may help to improve your build.

1. Use Deoxy-S as your screen setter, Deoxy-S has access to Taunt to prevent an immediate Defog. Use Klefki as your hazard setter which it is good at doing as well as spreading paralysis. Klefki can also use toxic to punish Primal Groudon and Groundceus switch in.

Deoxy-s
~taunt
~SR
~screens

Klefki
~thunder wave
~toxic
~spike
~whatever you need maybe heal block or an attacking move

2. Use Overheat > Fire Blast on pdon, chances are you're not going to use the fire move consecutively, does more to Yveltal a very relevant target.

3. A physically based Gira-o with Shadow Force over Draco Meteor is probably better. All of your attacks will do more damage. Also, it can prevent Defog. That way you don't have to split evs. Gira-O with d tail is a good enough answer to ekiller for HO team.

Overall a decent team.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Performance: **
Creativity: **
Originality: ****
Enjoyment: **

Overall: **

Hopes this helps.

- Toshhy

Last edited:
The problem with separating the suicide taunt lead from the screen user comes with a multiplier effect- not only do you lose your screens when klefki is so helplessly defoged on, but you also lose your rocks, and those are needed to break most bulkier teams. The issue is simple: you need more offensive presence and Giratina-O+Klefki is the root of that problem. Moving screens to Deo-S, possibly SR to Groudon helps to straighten out your support core. A standard GeoXern over Klefki gives you an Yveltal check and more offensive presence while Giratina-O can possibly be replaced by a multitude of set-up sweepers ranging from physical stuff like Rayquaza or an additional special breaker such as Latios.

Many of these sets are very sub optimal but I'm not involving myself in anything more than structure as you have big work cut out for you anyway. Good luck!

also

Creativity: **
Originality: ****
lol

edit:@ below

Yeah thats the basic definition pretty much worded similarly by any dictionary but in mons that difference equates to null regardless of what method you want to define it for. If you give the highest grade for originality on the basis that the team isn't a rip off then what is that grade scale for? now stop making pointless arguments about pointless matters, i just thought it was funny looking thats all.

Last edited:
The problem with separating the suicide taunt lead from the screen user comes with a multiplier effect- not only do you lose your screens when klefki is so helplessly defoged on, but you also lose your rocks, and those are needed to break most bulkier teams. The issue is simple: you need more offensive presence and Giratina-O+Klefki is the root of that problem. Moving screens to Deo-S, possibly SR to Groudon helps to straighten out your support core. A standard GeoXern over Klefki gives you an Yveltal check and more offensive presence while Giratina-O can possibly be replaced by a multitude of set-up sweepers ranging from physical stuff like Rayquaza or an additional special breaker such as Latios.

Many of these sets are very sub optimal but I'm not involving myself in anything more than structure as you have big work cut out for you anyway. Good luck!

also

lol
Oh, I apologize, I didn't think I would need to explain the difference between creativity and originality.

I give people points in creativity when they transcend tranditional ideas and create new ideas. Originality in this context means how much of that new idea is belonging to oneself. A standard 4 stars is given to any team in the originality catagory if the team is not a rip off of another team or simply stolen, this is call plagiarism.

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Thanks for the advice. I've kind of abandoned this team, to be honest. Screens looked like something interesting, and I'll update the spreads with what I changed on Showdown.
I now have SR+ 3 Attacks Groudon and GeoXern (but am testing out regular Klefki, so I'll put that up,) as well as Screens Deoxys. Most of those I had put down in my options list, but never really bothered to try them out before everyone started suggesting things similar to that.
Anyways, thanks again for the suggestions.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)