Slowking@Lum Berry
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
-Trick Room
-Ice Beam
-Fire Blast
-Surf

Slowking is my TR Lead. Oblivious makes Taunt useless. He hits Fairly hard and can also take hits well. Lum Berry's for Status Leads to help ensure I pull off TR.

Amoongus@Sitrus Berry
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Sassy Nature
-Rage Powder
-Spore
-Giga Drain
-Protect

Rage Powder keeps my TR Setter from getting double teamed. Sitrus Berry helps Amoongus withstand the 2nd hit. Spore under TR works like a dream since Amoongus is so slow. If I pull the Spore Lock off, my opponents usually either forfeit or lose.

Mega Mawile@Mawilenite
Ability: Intimidate/Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
-Play Rough
-Iron Head
-Sucker Punch
-Protect

Mega-Mawile is the focus of the team. Intimidating when he comes in, and doubling his power when he Mega Evos is quite handy while taking advantage of his low speed through TR. Sucker Punch is mainly for that last hit which sometimes comes the turn Speed returns to normal. Mega Mawile + Amoongus' Spore can be aggravating for the opponent while under TR.

Kyurem-Black@Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 SpA
Brave Nature
-Outrage
-Ice Beam
-Fusion Bolt
-Earth Power

Kyurem-B replaced Mamoswine. I was iffy at first bcos of its base 95 speed, but I was impressed at how well it functions under TR. Easily OHKO Yzard, Heatran, Garchomp, Rotom-W and Land-T and pretty much most Dragons in the Meta. Base 170 Atkins + LO with Outrage + STAB hits Amazingly hard with a Brave Nature.

Heatran@Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
-Flash Cannon
-Heat Wave
-Earth Power
-Protect

Heatran works well in TR. Earth Power hits other Heatran and his Heat Wave is a hard hitting spread that hits Steels hard, something Mawile has trouble with at times.

Deoxys-A@Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
-Psycho Boost
-Superpower
-Ice Power
-Protect

Deoxys-A is my "After TR Sweeper". Being fast and really strong, he's good at cleaning up the mess left behind. Focus Sash allows me the chance to take out the last 2 opposing Pokémon if need be, or to take a Priority attack like Sucker Punch without dying.

NOTE: All Pokemon have 0 Speed IVs.

Considering taking one out for a good Fake Out user. If you see where i need to make any changes please feel free to lmk!!! Thanks :)

Last edited:
Heya ! Looking at your team and it's actually pretty awesome.
I was surprised to see Mega-Mawile as, while it isnt bad under TR, it's not common and I can think of more TR sweepers such as Mega-camepurt, but I suppose it still works.
here are some optimal changes I'd suggest:

-The most important change that you have to fix right this instant is putting 0 Speed IVS on all pokemon, since this is full TR, for minimum speed.

-In the case you value fake out support, which you actually do since ur setters are EXTREEMLY vulnerable to taunt/spore, especially taunt keldeo, you can add scrafty/hariyama>hoopa-U . you'd be trading power for support, and gaining a talon weakness in exchange of beating steels, so its your choice. try it out and see if it works maybe.

-A more solid change i had in mind was kyurem-black>mamoswine . The main and utmost reason for this change is simply because u cannot click EQ without gyarados as ur partner, leaving you actually destroyed by rotom-wash, especially if it has a heatran to it's side (adding that protecting with partner stalls out TR turns, with being very predictable).
both have the same coverage, even if it lacks ground stab, and you would lose priority for dragon typing, but then again with terravolt rotom-wash is easier to beat, along with heatran, you can use earth power as often as you'd like, and if you give it sub, it'll be another way 2 avoid spore, not to mention get a sub in last TR turn if/when they attempt double protecting. it does come with slighty a terrakion weakness, especially taunt terra.

-I have seen chandelure's sash come in handy with setting trick room, but this team is way too taunt weak in my opinion, therefore mental herb>focus sash is something to try out. if spore annoys u as much, use goggles

thats p much about it. I really love the member's synergy as I didnt find anything that really 6-0ed this team. The major threats to watch out for are :

taunt, keldeo, rotom-wash + heatran, talonflame, ferrothorn, bisharp somewhat.
so generally a fire+water duo with taunt can deal severe damage, but its quite solid overall. GL !

Last edited:
I forgot to add that they all do have 0 Speed IVs my bad lol. I looked into Kyurem-B and hes a lil too fast for trick room isnt he? Theres alot of pokemon that would beat him under trick room I think, i mean i can test it but i think a base 95 Speed is a little quick. Mawile beats down the likes of Keldeo and Terrakion with Play Rough. Another option could actually be Rotom-W or Eelektross maybe with Choice Specs. I wasnt for sure but wouldnt Rage Powder redirect Taunt away from Hoopa?

The thing is, you dont have to be slow in TR, just slower than your opponent. 95 speed might be a bit too much, but it doesnt kill the team imo if it has one fast agent.
a taunted amoonguss is somewhat a burden/dead spot thats filling a space on the feild, plus it cant stop spore

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
All of your mons don't have to be slow even on full room, as you won't be able to set tr 100% of the time against a good team. If kyube invests a little speed, it can beat bisharp, a huge threat to your setters.

You do get 6-0d by heatran+azumarill, or just zard y+something for chandy. Assuming you make pastel's (swblu, sorry ;;) switches for scrafty and kyube, gyara isn't necessary anymore for lando, and could be swapped for rotom-wash to deal with talonflame and azu. Also double (or triple, as it looks like we're heading) intimidate is a really bad idea on tr, you're practically asking to be swept by bisharp. Washtom is more equipped to deal with physicals through burns.

Last edited:
I thought about mixing a little Anti-Meta early game and going Semi TR, i got a 4vs4 Doubles team i mess around with that i use Weavile and and Deoxys-A as my leads, and most of the time the 2 together take out an entire 4vs4 team on their own but im not sure if i could fit em in and blend the two diff team types smoothly

Thanks for your help guys I tested your suggestions and made some changes. I may replace Heatran with Rotom-W still in the testing phase.

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
here are the DOU forums, though SWB was probably referring to here. BUT anyway, if you really plan on going semi-tr, running a fast Heatran solves like half the main things to look out for that SWB pointed out (namely, opposing Heatran, Ferrothorn, Bisharp). Switching Kyurem-B to a Scarf set solves the other ones (Keldeo, Talonflame, Rotom-W), and puts less burden on your TR mode since you don't have a very bulky setter. Or you could swap Kyub out and run LO Virizion, and switch Heatran to an Ancient Power set. But Kyub is probably the better way to go.

Thx ill check em out :) My thing is, if my coverage isn't slow, it won't cover me. If I scarfed Heatran then yea hell b fast... but he would b useless while TR is in effect which is on turn 2, I am almost 10/10 on setting trick room on all my practice runs. I pulled Hoopa for Oblivious Slowking I'll b making the change on my list shortly. As for coverage tho, it's good I've not been forced to use Deoxys-A yet. But i do have a question, would an item like iron ball or full insense's speed drop count towards TR?

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
The speed drop does count, but there's generally a better option to choose than wasting an item slot and using a mon better suited to another archetype. To clarify shaian's post, he said fast, not scarf heatran, which outspeeds adamant bisharp. He said to scarf kyube.

Also, I think you've sorta missed the logic behind semi-tr. Generally, you run one setter, three of four mons with middling speed or ones that don't care about speed, and one or two fastmodes. The point of this team composition is to be able to set and utilize trick room against faster teams, but also to function well outside of tr.

What you're currently running is full room, with five super slow mons and then the blazingly fast deo a. While a fastmode can fit on full room, such as talonflame or lando t, deoxys doesn't cover any weaknesses because of its extreme frailty and works better on teams that gain momentum quickly.

I'll try and compile the previous rates into a team later, they're probably hard to understand once you've changed the team. Really though listen to these guys, they give good advice.

Edit:
Scrafty @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Fake Out
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 24 SpD / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Chandelure @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room
- Protect

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 36 SpD
Brave Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 108 SpA / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Last edited:
I think my prob is that ive not been able to play anyone acually experienced enough to show me where my teams probs r and to show me y i need to make these changes

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, no, the team in YellowPaints importable has some serious, serious holes. The biggest one is that it has 4 'mons that are CharY bait and the remaining 2 'mons can't really do anything to it. You'd probably be better off with Stone Edge instead of Ice Punch on Scrafty, but even that is only a band-aid when you need a much stronger fix. The main issue right now is that the team is far too defensive when Trick Room is a style that prefers to orient itself towards offence. One solution would be to use an offensive Specs Rotom-W instead of the bulky set (again, not a very "secure" answer), letting you OHKO it under Trick Room, but that would probably necessitate 2 setters instead of 1, meaning another one of your 'mons would probably have to be switched out for something else.

Yellow Paint

working as intended
B101 Leader
That's fair, I didn't really look at the team as a whole after applying all the changes. Heatran's a necessity for sure imo, and the team could probably lose amoonguss for something more offensive. Probably diancie, since what I had only had one setter.

Last edited:
As you can tell by looking my 2 main sweepers are Kyurem-B and Mega Mawile, the Iron Head stays over SD bcos it has one shotted every fairy type ive come along while testing this team. My idea behind this team was 2 things: Offensive pressure under Trick Room and Coverage. One of the most common theats to mawile is Yzard. Joinin him is Heatran, Landorus-T and Talonflame. With Ice Beam, Earth Power and Fusion Bolt, they pose no threat. Kyurem is weak to Sylveon, Mega Gardevoir and othe Fairy types, along with the commonly used Dragon and Fighting types of which Mega Mawile can destroy with ease. They have good synergy together and hit EXTREMELY hard. Thats what i was looking for, but Heatran and Deoxys-A are Testers to see what their positions need filled with if not them. As for Iron Ball i figured using it in TR would be like using Choice Scarf but without being limited to the one Attack, but i could be wrong...

I have took paint's team, and tried making it less charizard Y weak along with adding a setter. It was not easy, nor was the result ideal, but a few things that were worth a try are:

AV Hariyama>scrafty I found that In the end, there isnt much U'd miss out on while making this switch, u keep fake out lose intimidate that gives bisharp an edge, plus the AV bulk helps vs charizard if you give this stone edge. there is an increase in power too . In this particular case u might wanna try thick fat, as I doubt anyone will risk burning hariyama anyways.

Heatran>chandelure as was mentioned . Maybe keep the goggles too

Jellicent>rotom-w can give you a TR setter, and a good TR agent, while keeping ur water type. it doesnt handle char-y too well either tho

As for ur last spot, I wanted an EQ immune, Tr setter, mega-charizard handler, which all went back to cresselia. ur no longer that bisharp weak, so it can fit. u might put goggles here and give jelli menta-herb/ leftovers-situs in this case. moonlight makes charizard regret setting sun, goggles stops venusaur, and cm can give u a wincondition.

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 58 Def / 200 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 24 SpD / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Ancient Power
- Protect

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 36 SpD
Brave Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Jellicent @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpA / 12 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Protect
- Recover

its a tad hoopa-u weak like most tr teams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)