XY Ubers ORAS Ubers Sash Offense

Hi, this is my first ORAS team so it's probably not that great. I know everyone's using Mega Rayquaza and they should, because he's amazing. I wanted to try it out with a sash and a Volt-Turn duo to switch him in, so here it goes. My items are redundant, and the metagame literally just started, so it might suck. Can't wait to get Omega Ruby tomorrow :D

Rayquaza-Mega @ Focus Sash
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Ascent
- ExtremeSpeed

Mega Rayquaza is already awesome enough with his stats, but the fact that he can hold an item makes him just scary. Using Adamant since he doesn't have an attack-boosting item, but let me know if Jolly is better. Swords Dance is to make his hits insane, and I thought it was more necessary than Life Orb since I don't have a Life Orb. I love Focus Sash on him as it makes him an emergency check to many things, plus everyone's gonna run this Poke so I wanted to be at least a little different. If LO would work better, though, please let me know.

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Defog support and priority resistance is a must for this team, so I chose Arceus-Ghost. Standard Defog set with Will-O-Wisp to hopefully cripple opposing Mega Rayquaza/Primal Groudon and other physical sweepers.

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psycho Boost
- ExtremeSpeed
- Low Kick

Yes, yes, I have two sashers, that's why it's called sash offense. Deoxys-A is a wonderful wallbreaker for Rayquaza and its sash is mandatory with ExtremeSpeed everywhere. Standard moves and used Rash for some extra punch.
upload_2014-11-22_0-11-46.png

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw

Needed some Rocks and something that can (attempt to) check opposing M-Quaza and P-Groudon. I decided instead of Speed to just invest in HP and Attack since his Speed's pretty sad for Ubers anyway, and to absorb ExtremeSpeeds and stuff.

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Claw
- Bolt Strike
- Sleep Talk

Now I needed a VoltTurn core to safely bring in Mega Rayquaza and Deoxys-A. I'm a bit worried about Scarf Zekrom and he has to be played very carefully because P-Groudon is literally everywhere. Sleep Talk because I always want a Void absorber on my team. Jolly Scarf to tie with other base 90 scarfers and to revenge kill non +2 Speed Rayquaza.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

Genesect is by far the best U-Turner in Ubers. Yes, I have two Scarfers. I couldn't think of a better item for it, I didn't trust band because this metagame's already so fast. Edited to Ice Beam for Quaza and Explosion for emergency suicide.

Last edited:

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't have very much experience with ORAS yet since the ladder has been a bit wonky, but I think LO Ray is by far the better option. 105/100/100 bulk is very solid, and Delta Stream means its only weak to Dragon, Ice, and Fairy, so I don't think Sash would end up being that useful (as you will rarely be OHKO'd by things you try to set up on). Rocks + LO basically means no switchins. A couple other items you could try are like Haban Berry to set up over Groudon and prevent Dragon-type Scarfers from revenging (+2 Espeed hurts things), or like Lum to set up on status, but I haven't really explored them. Adamant is probably fine because you thwart most revenge killing attemps with ESpeed anyway and you wouldn't be faster than stuff like ESpeed Arceus regardless. (Also you don't want a Jolly Speed tie with opposing Rayquaza to decide the game rip).

Sash Deo is probably fine though, Ghostceus is a solid Defogger to ensure you keep Sash intact in a pinch. If worse comes you worse you just sac it to get a Defog off vs Mega Ray and revenge with it with Deo.

You probably don't need 252 Attack on Groudon, as P-Blades 2HKOes Scarf / Specs Ogre, Xern, etc, and Dragon Claw 2HKOes Mega Ray with 252 Attack or 0 Attack. With Max Defense Impish you'll be able to barely live one +2 DA from Mega Ray, though you could consider a little Speed creep to get the jump on opposing P-Groudon.

I don't think Zekrom is the best choice, as you mentioned P-Groudon is everywhere, and it can't revenge DD Ray. I think you could use Jolly LO EKiller actually, as your first 4 team members prevent Mega Ray from setting up for free, allowing you to finish it off with a strong Extreme Speed.

Lastly, for Gene I think Extreme Speed is unneeded if you make the Arceus change. Without CB or a Download boost, ESpeed is fairly weak (Arceus almost does double the amount). You could use Ice Beam to prevent Mega Ray from getting a free switch, and Explosion over Blaze Kick as well, as Ferro gets owned by the rest of your team.

Anyway again I don't have too much experience with this meta yet, you might not actually need that much prep for Mega Ray, but it is still a huge threat, GL with your team!

Lemonade, I really like your idea about E-Killer, but I cannot give up my Defog Arceus. Will test Impish Groudon. You have good points about M-Quaza, though I really like Sash, I'll see if LO works out better. Thanks!
Edited to Ice Beam and Explosion on Genesect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)