ORAS Ubers ORAS Ubers team (Going for the Gold)

For the longest time ever I've been playing on PS, but never actually made a smogon account. But recently I've been frustrated because I keep hovering around the low 1700s on the ladder, which is around 35th-150th place on the top 500. I can't seem to win tournaments either unless if the player pool in that tournament is downright crap. This is a bulky offense team I made from scratch, and its probably the only successful team I've experimented on PS that got me this far into the top 100 of the ladder.

Mega Ultra Chicken (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Atk / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

I absolutely love ho-oh in this metagame. Ho-oh's dual STABs dent everything in the tier bar rock-types and usually kills or severely cripples something whenever it gets ontothe battlefield safely. For the last slot I ran thunder wave instead of earthquake is because Thunder wave notably cripples geomancy xerneas after it has set up, so it gives me extra insurance that I defeat it, as if it runs thunder it 2HKOs, and even CB ho-oh can't guaranteed a OHKO with brave bird, and ho-oh will die while it proceeds to heavily cripple primal groudon, or sweep my team.

Sweep? (Xerneas) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 40 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy

Originally this was supposed to be a full out cleric, but I found that to lack the offensive presence that I needed, so I opted for a choice scarf set. This in tandem with moonblast, one of the most spammable moves, makes it a great revenge killer, as the rest of my team lacked speed or reliable priority. Xerneas also does a great job at dispatching unsuspecting darkrai, as I would fodder something to sleep, and switch in with xerneas (most of the time they use nasty plot), and xerneas outspeed and swiftly
kills the darkrai. Xerneas also is a switch-in for yvetal's dark pulse. Aromatherapy for the last slot to take advantage of the mons that xerneas forces out to heal its teammates of status.

Sweep (Latios) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Latios is the defogger of my team, to keep the rocks off my side, as rocks are extremely crippling to my team. Latios notably can defog onto most primal groudon, and can OHKO ones that don't run a lot of bulk with draco meteor, though thunder wave is annoying and I need to watch out for dragon claw or stone edge on rock polish variants. Roost greatly increases latios' staying power, and also puts latios' augmented special bulk to use, as with soul dew, latios avoids the 2HKO from ice beam from arceus forms not named arceus-ice.

Mega Ultra Bacon (Yveltal) @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch

This thing is a total beast. It is a much needed check to pretty much, physical attackers in general. It can beat almost an physical attacker, including primal groudon, mega salamence, and mega kangaskhan. But perhaps the most important reason why yveltal is here is a stop to E-killer arceus, which life orb variants can sweep my team clean. Dark Aura Foul play is amazing-- it hits surprisingly a majority of the Ubers tier for extensive damage, making it hard to switch into. Sucker punch over toxic because I needed some form of priority, and hits pretty hard vs uninvested threats.

Arceus-Ground (Arceus-Rock) @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Judgment

Rock arceus is a great switch-in for ho-oh, especially for the CB set, otherwise brave bird would be too spammable towards my team. Rock Arceus is also a secondary check to yveltal as it can switch in on a predicted oblivion wing, and has a good matchup against mega salamence. Stealth rock is there because latios is already a defogger.

King of Ubers (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Precipice Blades

Primal Groudon is great switch-in for kyogre, and I chose the paradancer set because arceus already has stealth rock. It does a great job at spreading paralysis, which is helpful because I have a bunch of relatively slow mons. Swords Dance is used as a tool to break through stall. Rock Slide is there so it can hit stuff immune to ground and synergizes with paralysis due to its flinch chance.

Threatlist:

Arceus-fairy:
A really big threat to my team if it is placed on a stall/semi-stall team. It can take any attack my team throws at it outside a boosted precipice blades, in which Primal groudon is easily worn down as one of the few members of my team without reliable recovery, and either toxic'd or KO with judgement. To make matters even worse, none of my team is immune to it, so I have a tricky time pivoting around when vs stall teams. However, it is easier to deal with when burned as it will be forced to recover more often, allowing me to potentially force it out and giving me a chance to do some damage, but still, it really, really, screws this team over if it is on a stall team. Probably the only mon that I don't have a concrete way to consistently deal with.

Mega Diancie:
It this thing somehow manages to get in safely, it will do some damage. Arceus-rock is an ok answer, but still it takes some damage from earth power, and because mega diancie is more often than not, paired up with ho-oh, arceus-rock needs to stay healthy so it doesn't die if I accidently switch into a choice band earthquake. Xerneas can also beat it in a 1v1 situation, but doesn't like taking anything from its STAB attacks. Thankfully, mega diancie can't switch into any one of my team member without taking a number of damage, and I usually lead with arceus-rock so if the opponent leads with it, its not too big of a concern. It is also fairly frail and has no recovery, so it can be played around fairly easily, but the coverage of its attacks against my team is somewhat disturbing.

A bunch of strong physical attackers:
Though Yveltal can deal with the majority of the physical attackers in the tier well, it can't deal with ALL of them at once, and if stealth rock is thrown in the mix, Yveltal will be worn down pretty easily, potentially leaving it unable to check some threats it needs to check (especially E-killer with life orb). I usually deal with this by roosting more often, and if possible, leave it to others teammates if they can beat that attacker too, and save it for the stuff Yveltal REALLY needs to check, such as E-killer.

Deoxys-Attack:
Its the same case with mega diancie except on a more lenient scale, as it is super frail, but I must predict carefully, otherwise someone will take massive damage. Additionally, most of my mons can beat it in a 1v1 situation, so its not as big of a deal as mega diancie.

All out attacking Landorus-I with stone edge and knock off:
Extremely uncommon, but has moves that will OHKO or do hefty damage to everything on my team if I mispredict.

Hax:
Of course. PS pls pls pls add a no hax ladder :P. Its interesting to see how many people will actually play on it over the regular ladder. Of course if such a thing happens
it will probably only be an experiment and probably going to be OU.

Other than pretty much arceus-fairy, this team has a good matchup against the majority of the meta, but I still need something that can push me through the first 40 players and make my way to greatness, or maybe its just me. Any help, or at least an attempt, will be greatly appreciated!

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello. This build is okay, but there are a number of things that I can see annoying this team. Stone Edge EKiller and Swords Dance Arceus Ground are troublesome because your Swords Dance Arceus check lacks a Charti Berry and is OHKOed by Stone Edge. No Toxic immunity or decent status sponge is also an issue, and will mean that Pokemon such as Klefki and Arceus-Water can wear down your key defensive mons. Mega Diancie can threaten about half the team and you have no solid switch-in to it. Rock Tomb + Fire Punch Primal Groudon sets have their way with all three of your Ground immunities and Primal Kyogre is able to further pressure Latios because this team has three Water-type weaknesses and only one resistance. Lack of a sleep absorb for Darkrai is also annoying and I don't consider a choice-locked cleric quite enough to remedy this. Hidden Power Rock Geomancy Xerneas can clean this whole team, especially because of how much it relies on Primal Groudon defensively despite it having an offensive set.

The way most of these problems can be fixed is by getting a Ground immunity that is better at checking Swords Dance Arceus, fitting a Steel-type, and then tweaking some other sets. Mega Salamence can replace Yveltal as this team does not already utilize a Mega. This provides a Ground immunity that better handles some of this team's weaknesses and will replace Primal Groudon as a setup sweeper via a Dragon Dance set. Xerneas should be replaced with Klefki so that this team doesn't succumb nearly as hard to Toxic mons. Additionally, Klefki reprises the role as the Darkrai check, and is able to set Spikes and throw priority status. This team may want to consider using Dazzling Gleam for Mega Sableye as most of the offensive Pokemon are physical attackers.

As for tweaking sets, Arceus-Rock should be replaced with Arceus-Water. Mega Salamence + Primal Groudon + Arceus-Water is sufficient defense against opposing Ho-Oh, while Arceus-Water increases this team's options against opposing Primal Groudon and covers the Mega Diancie weakness. Shifting a Water-type weakness to a Water-type resistance also lessens Primal Kyogre's potential to pressure Latios and Primal Groudon. Primal Groudon should be changed to a specially defensive Stealth Rock set as this provides additional support against several special attackers that can trouble this team and gets Stealth Rock back after replacing Arceus-Rock. Ho-Oh can be used with Sleep Talk if a sleep sponge is desired and the EV spread may also need re-evaluation.

Summary:
- Change Yveltal to this Mega Salamence set
Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Facade
- Double-Edge
- Change Xerneas to this Klefki set
Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Play Rough
- Change Arceus-Rock to this Arceus-Water
Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Judgment
- Change Primal Groudon to this set
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Precipice Blades
- Consider running Dazzling Gleam on Klefki with an appropriate EV spread
- Consider Sleep Talk on Ho-Oh and changing the EV spread

Hello. This build is okay, but there are a number of things that I can see annoying this team. Stone Edge EKiller and Swords Dance Arceus Ground are troublesome because your Swords Dance Arceus check lacks a Charti Berry and is OHKOed by Stone Edge. No Toxic immunity or decent status sponge is also an issue, and will mean that Pokemon such as Klefki and Arceus-Water can wear down your key defensive mons. Mega Diancie can threaten about half the team and you have no solid switch-in to it. Rock Tomb + Fire Punch Primal Groudon sets have their way with all three of your Ground immunities and Primal Kyogre is able to further pressure Latios because this team has three Water-type weaknesses and only one resistance. Lack of a sleep absorb for Darkrai is also annoying and I don't consider a choice-locked cleric quite enough to remedy this. Hidden Power Rock Geomancy Xerneas can clean this whole team, especially because of how much it relies on Primal Groudon defensively despite it having an offensive set.

The way most of these problems can be fixed is by getting a Ground immunity that is better at checking Swords Dance Arceus, fitting a Steel-type, and then tweaking some other sets. Mega Salamence can replace Yveltal as this team does not already utilize a Mega. This provides a Ground immunity that better handles some of this team's weaknesses and will replace Primal Groudon as a setup sweeper via a Dragon Dance set. Xerneas should be replaced with Klefki so that this team doesn't succumb nearly as hard to Toxic mons. Additionally, Klefki reprises the role as the Darkrai check, and is able to set Spikes and throw priority status. This team may want to consider using Dazzling Gleam for Mega Sableye as most of the offensive Pokemon are physical attackers.

As for tweaking sets, Arceus-Rock should be replaced with Arceus-Water. Mega Salamence + Primal Groudon + Arceus-Water is sufficient defense against opposing Ho-Oh, while Arceus-Water increases this team's options against opposing Primal Groudon and covers the Mega Diancie weakness. Shifting a Water-type weakness to a Water-type resistance also lessens Primal Kyogre's potential to pressure Latios and Primal Groudon. Primal Groudon should be changed to a specially defensive Stealth Rock set as this provides additional support against several special attackers that can trouble this team and gets Stealth Rock back after replacing Arceus-Rock. Ho-Oh can be used with Sleep Talk if a sleep sponge is desired and the EV spread may also need re-evaluation.

Summary:
- Change Yveltal to this Mega Salamence set
Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Facade
- Double-Edge
- Change Xerneas to this Klefki set
Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Play Rough
- Change Arceus-Rock to this Arceus-Water
Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Judgment
- Change Primal Groudon to this set
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Precipice Blades
- Consider running Dazzling Gleam on Klefki with an appropriate EV spread
- Consider Sleep Talk on Ho-Oh and changing the EV spread
Thanks so much for those suggestions and they seem to patch up many of the issues I have with this team! I like how the arceus-water and mega salamence can lessen the amount of teams with alot of physical attacker bring, as I find I often lose to people because Yveltal gets overwhelmed and something sets up and cleans my team. But there's just one thing that concerns my is that the lacks of a fast revenge killer or priority, and my team would be quite slow.

Edit: Because I have klefki, there is no need for t-wave on ho-oh, thus I can run the choice band set and have an easier time breaking stall!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)