ORAS UU Type Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
approved by Hikari
OP stolen from Team Pokepals

sick banner by metaphysical :)
Type Cores are cores that originate from 3 types that work well together. They can be great offensively, or have really good defensive synergy. The goal of this project will be to have the community come up with cores for the types for that week, and hopefully discover new cores in the process. It'll be more focused on type affiliations and type synergy, and not so much on partners and threats.

We'd prefer if you don't just copy cores from the Good Cores thread and use those as your own, but if you have different Pokemon and sets, then we're fine with that.

Innovation is great, as long as it's viable and effective. If someone's core has a problem, please help them nicely, and don't start petty arguments. The rules are below. Reserving cores is allowed. You can post multiple cores, but when voting time comes, I'll pick only 1 core per person. Try to limit yourselves and let others have an opportunity to post cores as well.

1. Each week we'll nominate a type core, and during the following week the community will submit cores to this thread. Each core will require an explanation of its efficiency, and be sure to explain any unusual EV spreads or moves used. Each core requires 3 mons.

2. You will have Monday through Friday to post cores and voting will take place Saturday and Sunday.

3. The winner and their core will be placed in the Hall of Fame.

4. Good luck and have fun!

If you want an example, then you can look through the good cores forum. I'll leave one below
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/uu-cores-v2.3532349/page-3#post-6431153 (shoutout IB for his post n_n)

Week 1:

Week 2:

Week 3:

Week 4:

Week 5:

Week 6:

Week 7:

Week 8:

Week 9:

Week 10:

Week 11:

Week 12:

Week 13: Same-Type Week!
Week 14:

Week 15:

Week 16:

Week 17:

Week 18:

Week 19:

Week 20:
(FINALE)

Last edited:

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion

+
+

This is a hazard stacking core that I've used for a bit now and it really does its job in wearing down the opponent for an eventual Sceptile Sweep. Taunt Chandelure + Taunt Qwilfish stops Florges and Snorlax from recovering, the two primary defensive stops to Sceptile. The core is troubled by faster pokemon like Hydreigon and can also be dismantled by bulky slow mons before they get worn down.

+
+

Empoleon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Stealth Rock/Protect
- Defog
- Toxic/Roar

Arcanine (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Pretty basic archetype... Defensive Arcanine helps with the pokemon like Entei that empoleon can't really check. Empoleon is great for hazard control and spreading status, also walls key threats in the tier such as Hydreigon. Rotom-mow takes care of fat waters such as suicune and provides a ground immunity. Core is great if paired with something like P2 to deal with Chandelure/Aero/Nidoqueen.

You could opt for Roar or ice beam somewhere on Empoleon, however I feel that the utility and survivability that protect provides is too good to throw away. You could also run a timid nature on rotom-c in fear of the rare jolly SD gatr. Leftovers could be slashed on Arcanine, but wearing down things like beedrill and Mienshao overtime is crucial.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Return
- Drain Punch
- Play Rough

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak

This core basically aims to support a Slurpuff sweep. We should all know what Slurpuff does by now so moving on. Hydreigon can remove / weaken most of the checks and counters to Slurpuff and prevent the defensive answers from recovering thanks to Taunt. Such answers include Mega Aggron (weakened), Forretress (weakened), Doublade (removed), and Entei (pivoting into it is hard but Draco fucking removes the shit out of it). Doublade rounds off the core by being able to take care of Whimsicott, provide amazing synergy with Hydreigon, pivot into Fighting-types more easily and also act as your own Slurpuff counter among a host of other things.

sorry i took so long i forgot about this

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Happiness: 0
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch
- Belly Drum
- Frustration

Salamence @ Life Orb / Lum Berry / Yache Berry
Jolly Nature / Naive Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost / Iron Tail / Fire Blast

pretty simple, trap the forretress / doublade with specs magnet and find an opportunity to sweep with puff or mence. mence is also there to check fighters and punch holes in shit that could potentially take a hit from puff like that dumbass defensive arcanine.

pair with volt switch forry to lure doublade / opposing forry and if you wanna be a total dickhead memento whimsicott.

To be honest, the extreme lack of Granbull cores pushed me to submit this one. This is a balanced core that resists every type of move in the game. The core has a combination of hazards, status spread, and stall breaking potential. It is a really fun and useful trio. Here are the sets!
@

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
Scald

Stealth Rock

Defog

Roar

@

Timid Nature
Dark Pulse

Draco Meteor

Roost

Taunt

@

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
Thunder Wave

Play Rough

Earthquake

Heal Bell
Empoleon: This metal penguin provides me with hazard support and the ability to wall fairy types. The ability to wall fairy types is important for my Hydreigon and conserving health for my Granbull. The ice and dragon resist is also great to have. Although my Granbull will be the one switching into Mamoswine and dragon moves, Granbull's should not be hit specially if you want to use it to its fullest. The poison resist is very important. I take no damage and set up or bait a coverage move into my Hydreigon. Roar may be something that is not as necessary with Empoleon since we do have taunt Hydreigon to deal with a lot of those situations. If no Roar I suggest using Flash Cannon since it hits Toxicroak, Abomasnow, and Kyurem which tend to destroy the trio.

Hydreigon: Not only is this dragon really powerful, but it also fits with a ton of cores. Having Hydreigon on this core was an easy pick. It provides an abundant amount of resistances and adds the speed and killing factor to this core. The stall breaker set works out better than the others because of its ability to roost off damage and to prevent set up sweepers. I also needed the extra power of a Life Orb. The scarf set, although speed was needed, could not work nearly as well as this set. The most important role is probably the resistances to Chandelure and Entei. It's immunity to ground attacks allows me to come in on a predicted Earth Power from Nidoqueen or Kyurem and then kill off with a Draco Meteor.

Granbull: Pink dogs are a funny concept if you think about it. Anyway Granbull is my physically defensive pivot/wall. The intimidate is very useful when shuffling around to get an advantage or just straight up walling a threat. Fighting types rip apart Empoleon + Hydreigon so having a physically defensive fairy fit in perfectly. Its ability to shut down threats with T-wave and having great attack with Play Rough and Earthquake allows massive amounts of potential. The go to move with granbull is T wave. Pokemon that come in on T-wave, like Krookodile and Nidoqueen, are hit super effectively by either Play rough or EQ. Heal Bell comes in handy when Hydreigon gets burned from Sacred Fire or Scald. Empoleon tends to gets statused a lot too being my P2 switch.

Here are core threats and how to deal with them!
vs
Drain Punch>
-1 Gunk Shot>
<Draco Meteor
Of course you have to fear the SD. Once you get in Hydreigon safely, then you draco.
vs
Ice Beam>
Earth Power>
<Draco Meteor
Similar situation. Unfortunately the empoleon switch is really predictable and Focus Blast is something Kyurem sometimes carry.
vs
Poison Jab>
Drill Run>
<Twave or Poison Jab>
<Scald
This gets a minus one on Beedrill without risking the P jab damage. Empoleon in the end fires off a scald or Granbull takes the damage and T-waves.

Here are three other Pokemon that this core needs help with!
Dazzling Gleam
Aura Sphere
Life Orb

I kinda showed up late and seeing that everybody had already utilized a lot of mons that I could work with, I threw together a zoroark core.

Using illusion with croak can severely cripple croak's checks like an EQ or special lucario or weakening a salamence to where it dies to rock or cant take a sucker, or even take out a hard counter like doublade. Azelf is chillin there to provide a nice lead rocker and boom support lol.

I really like zoro and it can actually be very effective if you can utilize illusion to its full ability so yeah thats what I got.

Hope you guys like it!

Edit: forgot sets lol
Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Explosion
- Taunt

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Zoroark @ Focus Sash
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Night Daze
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Sucker Punch

+
+

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Protect / Taunt

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Lunar Dance
- Moonlight
- Psychic

Ok so this is a really fun core I found while having zero teams for UU (I know I should be ashamed since I am UU staple player, but I did a purge and was unsatisfied with most of the stuff I was trying). Basically, Toxicroak and Mega Houndoom have great defensive synergy due to their abilities being immunities and their offensive synergy allows them to take advantage of each other's checks and counters. Mega Houndoom takes on the bulky physical Steel-types such as Forretress and Mega Aggron that plague Toxicroak while also hitting most Psychic-types hard with STAB Dark Pulse. Toxicroak takes on those pesky bulky Waters that trouble Mega Houndoom while also pressuring Florges and special walls such as Blissey, Empoleon, and Umbreon. Cresselia completes this nasty little core by providing two things this core really enjoys: Thunder Wave support and Lunar Dance. Thunder Wave means fast shit trying to outspeed Mega Houndoom such as Choice Scarf Mienshao and Mega Aerodactyl are now crippled, giving Mega Houndoom a chance to beat them handily. Toxicroak also benefits from this as its base 85 Speed is really lackluster offensively speaking, making it rely on Sucker Punch more than it should. Lunar Dance also allows Mega Houndoom or Toxicroak to gain back the PP of their low BP STAB moves in Fire Blast and Gunk Shot respectively.

Final note is that expect to see this core on a much larger scale soon as I have something in store with it.

It is an RMT ;)

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Krookodile @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 232 Atk / 40 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hone Claws
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I've used this core on at least three teams and it is sick. The synergy between these three 'mons is insane, as they break down opposing teams with ease.

Specs Mowtom is a beast and punishes any team without a reliable Volt Switch absorber. However, with the exception of Mega-Sceptile, most Volt Switch-immune 'mons take a ton from Leaf Storm, which always make it dangerous. This forces opposing teams to instead rely on specially bulky 'mons like Florges, Snorlax and Umbreon to take it on. This is perfect for Krook and Mega-Aero, who love eating those for lunch. CB Krook punishes any wall that isn't a fairy type (and even fairy types must be careful - CB Earthquake does 58-68% to 252/252+ Florges, which means that with just a little bit of prior damage, Volt Switch + EQ KOs). Meanwhile, Mega-Aero uses things like Florges for setup bait. In return, Rotom-Mow can switch into the bulky waters that most teams rely on to handle Krook/Aero.

In addition, Mowtom and Krook reliably break down opposing teams for a Mega-Aero sweep. Adamant Hone Claws Mega-Aerodactyl is great for punishing things that think they can take it on, and once opposing bulky waters are worn down to about 50%, Aero just sweeps. This Mega-Aero spread is the one I've been using lately. It hits 395 Speed and 400 Attack with this spread, allowing it to outpace base 130s and maximize Attack while also surviving Mamoswine's Ice Shard even after rocks damage. At +1 it runs right through teams, doing insane things like OHKOing Cobalion from full.

I'd share replays of teams that use this, but replays are borked right now. But again, this is one of my favorite bulky offense cores, and I highly encourage others to try it out.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Trick

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
EVs: 232 Atk / 40 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hone Claws
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Salamence @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Defog
- Roost

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Synthesis

This is one of my favorite balance teams. I built this team for UU Open, and though it lost in a close game against Valentine, it is still one of the best teams I've used in the current meta. Mixed Bronzong helps keep the team from getting crapped on by Mamoswine, while still effectively checking Nidoqueen.

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Hyper Voice

Tornadus (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Rain Dance
- Taunt

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Rain Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

This is a core that's pretty effective on most Rain teams, having a Thunder abuser that's a Scald switch-in, amazing Rain sweeper that doubles as an Electric-immunity, and a Prankster Rain Dance user. Pretty standard aside from that but is solid core that doesn't need much explanation. But nevertheless, Taunt on Torn can be swapped for other stuff but Taunt helps with matchup vs Trick Room, prevents recovery on walls, etc. Grass Knot on Heliolisk for opposing MegaPert pre-Rain and smacks other shit but can be swapped for Surf / Focus Blast. Can use PuP MegaPert if Ice Punch isn't as necessary. Late entry but better late than never.

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 112 HP / 236 Def / 160 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Flamethrower

So I didn't want to be a basic white bitch and use the 4 standard normal types in uu so I decided to feature CM meloetta. The more I look at the core the more I see how much it bones stall. Sub cm melo can really screw over stall along with taunt willo chandy to burn everything on stall and prevent heal bell. Willo chandy is such a fun mon and can lure in things like p2 who are usually safe to check you and you can proceed to pop em with a burn and cripple it. Meloetta is ev'd to outspeed adamant gatr. Coba is solid glue that beats stuff like mandibuzz and hydreigon who give the other two a hard time while providing rocks support.

All in all seems like a decent core so I hope you guys like it!

+
+

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Grass Knot

Heracross @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast

So I was having difficulty finding a core I like that wasn't using P2 or Lax and found this. Heliolisk is a great pivot that can get rid of bulky Waters Chandelure has trouble with. It also can pivot out easily thanks to Volt Switch. Lefties SD Heracross can also take advantage of the bulky Waters while also crippling most walls that may trouble Heliolisk such as Blissey, Reuniclus, and Snorlax. Substitute + Calm Mind Chandelure patches up these two by being able to set up on Florges, which threatens Heracross and tanks Heliolisk's moves while also heliping Lisk beat up on physical walls to pave the way for Heracross. Heliolisk pivoting out of special walls and into Heracross allows Heracross to weaken them for Chandelure while Chandelure can dent the physical walls that Lisk may pivot out of for Heracross to sweep. This core does struggle with fast mons such as Crobat or Mega Aerodactyl so watch out for them.

Snorlax @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Return / Body Slam
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Memento
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Another week, another offense core (seriously, I'll be doing this every week so stay tuned). This one aims to aid Lucario in being able to sweep with a good breaker and a Memento user. Choice Band Snorlax literally pummels about everything, even if it's burnt. Facade is really good on it imo, as it functions as a good switch into Entei then not caring about the burn whatsoever and instead using those burns, as well as the ones from Scald, to Snorlax's advantage as it fires off extremely powerful Facades. Pursuit Snorlax removes Chandelure for Lucario, and also weakens stuff like Cresselia that switches out of this monster (if you switch into Thunder Wave though....gg). It also functions as an Entei switch-in somewhat. I chose Iron Tail Lucario here since EQ Snorlax lures in Doublade and weakens it anyhow, and removes Chandelure completely with Pursuit, meaning Earthquake and Crunch aren't as necessary here. Iron Tail smacks a lot of things hard, such as Florges, Cresselia, Reuniclus, almost as hard, or even harder, than another coverage move. Lastly, we have Chandelure. Chandelure removes Cobalion and opposing Lucario that check our own Lucario, along with Toxicroak as well. Chandelure also weakens stuff like Hydreigon and ensures it gets into +2 ExtremeSpeed range. It also provides a spinblocker and most importantly, a Memento user to ensure Lucario has ample setup opportunities for it to sweep.

+
+

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Encore

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance

So this core is a tad unorthodox, but it is fun nonetheless. Basically Choice Band Tyrantrum just nukes anything it can get a free switch in on barring Fairies should it go for Outrage. Whimsicott is an amazing pivot with it taking on the faster Dragons for Tyrantrum with STAB Moonblast while also providing free opportunities for Tyrantrum on things that like to switch into Whimsicott such as Fire-types (Entei). Since both Tyrantrum and Whimsicott hate Steel-types, Fletchinder does as well; however, Fletchinder has Will-O-Wisp to cripple Steel-types that will switch in on it as well as the other two. Fletchinder also provides nice powerful priority in Acrobatics thanks to Gale Wings. This core really craves hazard control as well as a way to beat Cobalion more reliably as Fletchinder and Whimsicott can only hope to beat it by burning it in the former's case or Encoring it into SD in the latter's case.

Tornadus + Tyrantrum + Whimsicott

OK, this is a wallbreaking TW core I've been meaning to use, although I haven't tested it a ton.

Basically, this focuses on Speed control coming from two sides: Tornadus' Tailwind and Whimsicott's Stun Spore. Tornadus is a great wallbreaker in its own right, with Hurricane + Focus Blast + GK hitting most of the meta for a ton (although you can switch up its moves to better work with your team), and with Tailwind to break teams late-game with a powerful sweeper. Whimsi does what Whimsi does, switching into a million major threats with its great defensive typing and firing off Moonblasts, screwing up set-up sweepers or paralyzing faster threats while also pivoting into the more fragile Tyrantrum/Tornadus.

Both serve as great opportunities for one of the best wallbreakers in the tier, CB Tyrantrum, to just have a field day. Next to nothing wants to switch into this bad boy, especially under Tailwind.

I'll add cool pictures and maybe build a team and post some replays later when I'm not at work. In the meantime, here are some sets!

Tornadus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- Tailwind

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore
- Encore
- U-turn

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Earthquake

vapo (Tyrantrum) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

vapoo (Salamence) @ Yache Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Iron Tail

vapooo (Rotom-Mow) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
So this core fits the mold of Rock / Flying / Grass while also being really nice due to DragSpam fitting in as well. CB Rantrum breaks through slower defensive teams due to the high power output, which is really nice for both Mence / Rotom. I'm running Yache Mence speciaically for Mamoswine which can be really threatening to this core, and then specs rotom to finish this up due to its lack of switch-ins and its ability to dent steel types for Rantrum / Mence.

I might not have (Houndoom-Mega) (M) @ Houndoominite
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Protect

stolen this (Toxicroak) (F) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

from NV (Cresselia) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Lunar Dance
- Moonlight
- Psychic

So this is a 100% original core I came up with all by myself for more offensive teams - the idea is that Toxicroak and Houndoom-Mega cover for almost all of each other's weaknesses as well as switching into each other's counters - Houndoom-Mega dealing neatly with the psychic types and Doublades/Forretresses that switch into Toxicroak, while Toxicroak switches into the water types that plague Mega-Houndoom, as well as fat special walls like bliss without twave and umbreon.

This does leave us with a bit of a ground weakness though, which is where cress shines. It switches into nidos, gligars, and like 99% of things that are faster than croak and houndoom and either gets off some chip damage with psychic or paralyzes faster threats so croak and houndoom can deal with them later.

It's also great for refreshing one of the two partners with its lunar dance - not only does that let Houndoom-Mega or Toxicroak have another go at breaking the opponent's team, it also refills their fire blast/gunk shot/sucker punch pp so you don't have to worry as much later in the game.

Obviously you're fairly weak to hydreigon with this core, so throwing on a fairy type would help, as well as something to deal with scald variants of jellicent - otherwise it's a whole bunch of 50/50s when you switch in. Krook is also a bit of a problem if it gets in for free on cress.

+
+

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Reuniclus @ Leftovers / Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

So this core is pretty simple, yet effective. Taunt Roost Hydreigon is an amazing stallbreaker and hits hard with its great STAB combination. Bulky Croak, while seemingly not as effective as its normal sets, works well for this core because it can still set up on Fairy-types while also taking advantage of its nice resistances in lieu of its typing. Toxicroak also shares some similar checks with Reuniclus, such as Doublade and Hoopa, which means they are worn down with this core as well. Knock Off is the superior option over Sucker Punch in this case because while Toxicroak lacks speed, it makes up with wallbreaking potential. Calm Mind Reuniclus rounds off this core as an amazing setup sweeper that appreciates Toxicroak's ability to wear down its checks and Hydreigon's ability to check stall as well as hit hard. Focus Blast is a necessity as Toxicroak and Hydreigon can take care of things that Reuniclus runs Shadow Ball for such as Hoopa, opposing Reuniclus, and Doublade.

This core works very well for HO teams, and works pretty well on BO teams as well.

GameShark (Sharpedo-Mega) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

BananaLizard (Heliolisk) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Grass Knot/Focus Blast

ChandySwag (Chandelure) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Memento

Okay, This is actually an AMAZING core for HO teams, as it checks many current threats and has great coverage as well. Sharpedo is an amazing mega in itself, being able to late game sweep very effictively, and is a great mon to build around. Chandelure is a mon that goes GREAT with Sharpedo, as the rest of this team should be able to stack many hazards, and chandelure works as a great spin blocker, and a hard hitter from the special attacking side to take down the physical walls that Sharpedo has trouble with. Chandelure also can take care of bulky waters with Energy ball, and hits the types that Sharpedo has trouble with, like Steel types and Grass types, these include Whimsicott and Coballion, as chandelure can easily switch in on. Chandelure can also support a late game Sharpedo sweep by running memento to shut down powerful attackers and give Sharpedo or Heliolisk a chance to switch in. Heliolisk is the last, but a very important mon to this core, and adds too the HO theme. Heliolisk comes with a very beneficial ability in dry skin, as it can soak up strong water attacks aimed at Chandelure or annoying scalds aimed at Sharpedo. Heliolisk also hits very hard from the special side and brings a good speed tier to the core, while being able to take on bulky waters very well and hitting everything hard with a life orb STAB hyper voice. Volt Switch is also very good for HO as it keeps up offensive momentum as well. Grass Knot can be ran for a check to water/ground types, but Focus Blast can be used over it, since chandelure already has energy ball, to have more coverage and power.

Overall these guys work VERY well together. The right team support can make this core very effective, which includes hazard stackers, and a ground immunity/resist, as that is a problem for this core. Also preferably a rock resist as well, because there is no resistences to rock and a weakness.

Before I end the post I want to mention some other cool synergies with this core. Heliolisk is actually weak to fire because of dry skin, and Sharpedo does not want to take a will-o-wisp or sacred fire, and Chandelure eats it up with Flash Fire. Heliolisk and Sharpedo are weak to fighting, Chandelure is immune to it.

I hope you took the time to read this post and enjoyed it as well!

Here's a pretty cool offensive core based off of two extremely powerful wallbreakers supprted by a Volt Switch user. First up, Heliolisk makes great use of its Ability, Dry Skin, which allows it to easily switch in and threaten out or KO Water type with its Electric type STAB. Heliolisk also provides a powerful Volt Switch for the core while threatening Electric types for Mega Blastoise. Up next, Entei provides powerful wall-breakng capabilities and also enjoys Heliolisk eliminating Water types, allowing it to spam Sacred Fire with relative ease. Finally, Mega Blastoise provides a powerful wall-breaker on the special side. Mega Blastoise can remove Stealth Rock for Entei while also forcing out Rock types.

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Grass Knot / Surf / Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald / Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam / Dragon Pulse / Aura Sphere

+
+

Alright back again this week bringing something a little different. This is core based around a Hone Claws + Baton pass Durant. Its pretty self explanatory, Durant is a pretty underestimated threat due to its high speed and attack plus its hustle ability. With Hone Claws it not only gets an attack boost but it makes up for the accuracy drop of Hustle. So after you boost you can start attacking or you can baton pass it off if you are faced with something you cannot break. The receicers of this boost are Mega Aero or Helioisk. Mega Aero is a great Hone Claw user because of its strongest move, Stone Edge, but in order to run Hone Claws you have to either give up a coverage move or not use Roost. Now that we dont have to run it but can still get the boosts we are able to use 3 attacks and Roost to keep ourselves alive. The other option is to pass the accuracy boost to Thunder Helioisk. Thunder is a great move but it has bad accuracy. After a Hone Claws boost you wont be missing those Thunders. This is also out scald switch in and way to beat bulky water types. Team options would be some hazard control as well as hazard setters. So yeah theres some fun innovation for everyone. Enjoy

Durant (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- Baton Pass

Aerodactyl-Mega (M) @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Hyper Beam
- Grass Knot

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 28 SpD / 80 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Roost
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail/Earthquake/Aerial Ace

Here is a balance core featuring the rare Escavalier and the newly dropped Zapdos. The three of them cover a good amount of UU's threats and help each other out defensively. For example, Escav is total Fire bait, but with the conjunction of Protect + Aero, you are able to bypass some threats like Chandelure and choice Rotom-H which give this core trouble. If a choiced fire type tries to be cheeky and not click a Fire STAB on Escavalier, you can stay in and punish them with a Knock Off (RIP Chandy), switch to a ground mon if they Volt Switch or U-Turn (Darm), or go to Aero if they trick. Of course this doesn't stop all Fire types (looking at you Entei).

So getting back to the overall efficiency of the core, they soft check/ hard wall a significant portion of the tier. They do their job in keeping threats like SD Cobalion and Luc, Shaymin, LO Rose, Krook, Mega Beedrill, Reuniclus (which I hate, hate, hate), Chandelure somewhat, Azelf, Kyurem, Mega Sceptile, Venomoth, and more at bay to give you time to facilitate a beautifully executed ____ sweep. With Toxic from Zapdos, Pursuit trap support from Aero, and Knock Off spam from Escav, you can wear down fatter teams easily while also avoiding being whittled by hazards since Zapdos is such a good defogger.

No core is flawless of course. The biggest threat by far is Nidoqueen and Nidoking, since Zapdos literally cannot touch them. Aero can 1v1 with Aqua Tail / EQ, but obviously does not like Ice Beam. Pairing them with a Nido check is thus a good idea. Mamo is also a pain as typical for any balance team. Aqua Tail is thus my #1 choice for Aero's 4th moveslot since it cleanly OHKOs after rocks and nobody runs it anymore so people just throw Mamos in on Aero lol. Other threats include Hydreigon + Mence, DD Gatr, Entei, Mega Sharpedo, and Mega Swampert. Fairies and Fat Waters thus make good partners, or you could slap on a P2 and call it a day.

DRAGALGE, SLOWKING, AND MEGA-CAMERUPT!

Here are the sets for this amazing Trick Room Core! =)

Such A Drag (Dragalge) @ Draco Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic Spikes

Dragalge here is a mon that has excellent synergy with Slowking and is amazing on trick room. He can set up toxic spikes well with it natural special bulk, and can phaze a lot thing out and rack upToxic-Spikes damage in the process. Its adaptability draco plate boosted stab Draco Meteor also demolishes so many things as it hits really hard, and sludge wave also hits very hard as well. Dragalge also has nice defensive synergy with Slowking, slowking is weak to grass, electric, and bug, dragalge resists all of those, and Dragalge is weak to psychic, and slowking resists those. They also have great offensive synergy as well.

NotSoSlow (Slowking) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator or Oblivious
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Nasty Plot

Man, this has become one of my favorite sets of all time. It is so good and so fun to use. Slowking is able to set up Trick Room very efficnently as its speed doesnt matter and it has very good bulk. Slowking can also hit relatively hard with dual stab and nasty plot as well. Nast Plot Trick Room Slowking is SO GOOD. You set up a Nasty Plot and if then the opponett want to switch, you just Trick Room up and literally start to sweep. This slowking also rocks the Colbur Berry as most trick room terams are weak to knock off and this is really good for knock off users and dark moves in general which give Slowking trouble. This slowking also isnt shut down by special walls, as it runs psyshock as well. Regenerator is really good on Slowking as it allows it to come in and set up Trick Room effectively as well. I have had success with Oblivious as well though because it may be obvious that you are a trick room team so they may lead off with a taunter, and then surprise them with Oblivous and set up a trick room or nasty plot.

TrickRuptor (Camerupt-Mega) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 0 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Stealth Rock/ Will-o-Wisp/ Hidden Power Grass

Gosh, how I have come to love this guy. Even without trick room this guy is SO overlooked and underrated. But on Trick Room, this guy is even better. Mega-Camerupt is the epitome of trick room, as it is very bulky, hits very hard, but is extremely slow as well. With Trick Room, this guy turns into a powerhouse that can tank hits and take out mons in the process with a base 145 special attack, boosted by sheer force as well. Its typing, minus a water weakness, is also not tht bad defensivley and is very good offensively. Camerupt may not have the best coverage, but in the last slot it can run many things, stealth rocks is my favorite, as trick room teams often struggle to find a stealth rock setter. Will-O-Wisp is also really good to cripple physical counters, and hp grass is for swampert.

Overall I really really like this core for trick room, but as for all full trick room teams, they have many flaws, including a lack of physical attackers, and stuff. That is what this core needs, a nice physical attacker, and preferably maybe a physical attacker that can set up trick room as well. This core also struggles with Ground moves as well.

I hope you liked my post for the core this week and I hope you liked the out of the ordinary trick room core for this week!

+
+

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes / Toxic Spikes
- Synthesis / Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Ok so first off and foremost I really like this core, but I have yet to build a successful team with it (and I really want to lol). Anyways, this is your basic hazard stack + spinblocker core with amazing defensive and offensive synergy. Specially Defensive Roserade provides a nice switchin to most Grass-types that threaten the other two such as Shaymin and Mega Sceptile. Jellicent is a nice mixed wall that can Taunt slower Defoggers such as Empoleon as well as spread status very easily thanks to Will-O-Wisp + Scald. Rhyperior rounds off the core by providing Stealth Rock support and amazing physical bulk as well as physical attacking power. It also is a nice stop to Flying- and Electric-types for Roserade and Jellicent respectively. One common weakness to this core is Stallbreaker Hydreigon as it forces them to not only attack, but has powerful Dark Pulses for Jellicent and Draco Meteors for Rhyperior and Roserade. Other than that, this is a solid core on paper that synergizes well defensively and fulfills a lot of roles for specific teams.

Last edited:

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS

+
+

Heracross @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Zapdos @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock

Ok so this core is really effective at wearing down the opponent allowing SD Heracross to setup and sweep. LO Zapdos and LO Mamoswine break apart things that hurt Heracross such as Flying-types (Mamo for MAero, Zapdos for Crobat) as well as weakening faster mons that carry powerful attacks / coverage such as Shaymin, Salamence, Hydreigon, and so on. HP Grass is specifically on Zapdos to "lure" Phys Def Swampert / SR Mega Pert to weaken it for Heracross to sweep as well as Mamoswine being here to cripple Florges as it cannot setup CMs due to EQ 2HKOing. This core struggles with Gatr if it happens to get to +1 as Zapdos dies to an Ice Punch while Mamoswine and Heracross die to a Waterfall. This team also suffers from not being terribly fast meaning mons like Mienshao and Infernape can threaten this core easily.

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch/Rain Dance

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Tornadus (M) @ Damp Rock
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Grass Knot
- Rain Dance

OR

Tornadus (M) @
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 SpA / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- Grass Knot
- Heat Wave

This core can functions as a rain core or as apart on a spike stack team. Lass Sableye Pert was the thing to use back in XY when those three were last together in the tier, now that its back I think that the core is even better due to Mega Pert. I think this core is an extension of that trio.

+
+

Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Protect

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Thunder Wave
- Lunar Dance / Moonblast
- Psychic

Forretress @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

So this core may look familiar and it should be. Cresselia and Mega Houndoom have amazing synergy as Fighting and Ground moves aimed at Houndoom slide right off Cresselia especially thanks to its access to Moonlight while Cresselia allows Mega Houndoom to play more aggressively thanks to Thunder Wave and Lunar Dance. Both provide Mega Houndoom the ability to outspeed faster threats and to have a second chance at sweeping. Forretress is a really good mon for this core, however I highly recommend running an SR mon somewhere else on the team as hazard stack + NP Mega Houndoom means basically everything dies lol. Forretress can also give non-MEvo'd Houndoom free switchins against Fire-type moves thanks to its ability Flash Fire. This core can work on more offensively oriented balance teams as they have amazing defensive synergy while also being able to pressure the opponent fairly easily.

Here is a core i enjoy to play. Escavalier is easily my favorite pokemon atm I'm crazy about playing him. Chandelure is obviously here to absorb the fire-type with Flash Fire. Reuniclus and Escavalier help a lot Chandelure by pressuring Snorlax. Escavalier help Chandelure and Reuniclus with taking hit from things like Hydreigon (unless Fire blast of course). Take care, this core is just analrape'd by Houndoom-mega, so take a thing like Hydreigon or whatever you want to check him. I've choose to run colbur berry on Reuniclus to take a dark pulse from him or Hydreigon and then click on focus blast, but it's not a reliable check due to the chance of miss/flinch.

Escavalier @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball

Reuniclus @ Colburr Berry
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Same-Type Week!

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Vacuum Wave

I used this core a couple months ago and its pretty fun. Plot Luc lures in Doublade, the number one answer to Cobalion. HP Ice Coba lures in Mence and Gligar, 2 good answers to Luc. You could use Focus Blast on Luc to OHKO Suicune at +2 I think but I normally prefer the reliability of Aura Sphere. Obviously, this core doesn't do anything defensively but doubling up on your Hydreigon checks is always nice. Partner this with a good way to deal with Florges and some fighting and fire checks and you should be alright.

This core consists of two of the most ferociously powerful Water types in the tier, Feraligatr and Mega Sharpedo. The two overwhelm their checks and counters with devastatingy powerful STAB attacks & pretty solid coverage. Sub + SD Feraligatr can run through common walls thanks to the combination of a decently high Attack stat, Sheer Force, and Life Orb, breaking through Mega Sharpedo's checks and counters, most notably bulky Steel types such as Mega Aggron, & bulky Water types such as Suicune (if it lacks Roar). Once its checks & counters have been sufficiently weakened or removed, Mega Sharpedo can easily clean up late game thanks to an insanely high Attack stat and Speed Boost pre-mega.

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Substitute

Sharpedo @ Sharpedoite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

+
+

This originally stemmed from Legacy Raider's win in Week 30 of Matchmaking, but it is a very effective core nonetheless.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SpA / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Toxic / Defog
- Roost

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 8 HP / 68 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Mild Nature
- Giga Drain
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Focus Blast

Zapdos and Swampert are a very effective core together as Swampert takes on the Ice- and Rock-type attacks aimed at Zapdos while Zapdos handles Grass-types very well thanks to Heat Wave and its part Flying typing. Mega Abomasnow rounds out this core as not only does it synergizes amazingly with Swampert and Zapdos both, but it also provides a way to passively wear down the opponent thanks to Hail. Abomasnow also takes on pesky Dragon-types as well as Swampert in general, allowing Zapdos to forgo Hidden Power coverage for Toxic to rack up even more passive damage on the opponent when coupled with Hail. While the sets seem standard, these three form a really decent defensive backbone for any team as they are able to support one another while also dishing out damage via Toxic, Hail, and powerful attacks. Defog is another option on Zapdos should you so need a Defogger / lack a place elsewhere on the team to fit hazard control.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 96 SpA / 180 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Recover

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off

Mamoswine, an unbelievably unutilized mon due to the nature of "Bulky Water: the tier: the movie" has the ungodly unity of Ground and Ice, allowing it to effectively take on Grass, Flying, Steel, and Fire simultaneously, three of which it should be weak to. Ice Shard provides priority, taking on faster threats, and hitting incredibly strong while holding a Life Orb, while Knock Off is used for utility, as well as crippling Reuniclus and . With the highest attack out of Ground-Types in the tier, wall breaking is the name of the game. It is good to note however that Adamant allows for the ability to OHKO Crobat and Honchkrow with Ice Shard after rocks, but Jolly allows us to outspeed Jolly Gatr and Adamant Heracross, both of which otherwise can easily take it down.

Gastrodon, also being a Ground-Type heralds the incredible defensive typing of Water/Ground. With amazing bulk, and Storm Drain's instant reward into a switched Water-Type, it takes all forms of the strongest attackers in the tier. Scald and Earth Power give good coverage, but it's Toxic and Recover that Gastro finds its niche.

Zapdos then, fills in the last puzzle piece. Its main role is a defogger, but its ability to Pressure-stall annihilates the many 8 or 16 PP moves that hit the tier, most notably Draco's from Hydreigon. STAB T-bolt and Heat Wave is a good duo, and stronger than the common HP Grass, as Gastrodon takes on Swampert just fine.

+
+

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

This core is very good at facilitating a Gyarados sweep, but it can do a lot more than that. Thanks to UU being "Bulky Water: The Tier: The Movie: The Trilogy" this core is able to do what it does and it does it well. Heliolisk is a fast hard hitting attacker that can use its amazing coverage to hit most of the bulky Water types that plague Gyarados in setting up and sweeping thanks to its Electric STAB combined with its ability Dry Skin. Heliolisk also has really nice synergy with Gyarados as most (physical) attacks aimed at Heliolisk, Gyarados can pivot in and threaten to setup. While Heliolisk takes on a good portion of the Water-types in UU, most offensive ones such as Feraligatr can threaten it once they have a +1 under their belt. Thanks to Mega Sceptile's blistering Speed stat of 145, it can outspeed any variant of Feraligatr, and OHKO with STAB Giga Drain. Its Dragon STAB also takes care of slower Dragon-types such as non-Scarf Mence and Hydrei that can take Gyarados' hits with ease. I like running Substitute to avoid being revenge killed as easily and ease prediction, as Heliolisk can hit the Water-types hard leaving Mega Sceptile to clean up; however, Leaf Storm is a really powerful nuke that can come in handy should Liks go down early.

Abomasnow-Mega, Rotom-Heat, and Gyarados
Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 8 HP / 68 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Mild Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Thunder Wave

So when playing around with Gyarados I found that it really didn't need much support to sweep some teams. It does however, appreciate things like Zapdos and bulky waters being gone, as well as safe opportunities to set up a sub. What I've done with this core is try to maximize the offensive pressure put on both Gyarados' offensive and defensive checks with a fast Volt Switch and a potent wallbreaker in the current metagame. Abomasnow is there to wear down things like Suicune, Mence, Zapdos, Empoleon and the like. It has performed so well in the current meta due to both it's offensive capabilities and its decent bulk. Sub Gyara is fairly standard, and it has proven to be the most effective set on most of my teams during testing, due to having the opportunity to set up on Paralyzed offensive threats and a majority of UU's walls. Rotom is here for a more reliable Fire check [You don't want to switch Gyarados in on much], speed control, and offensive momentum. I hope you like it. :]

+
+

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Encore

This core is a simple offensive core that also has suprisingly good defensive synergy. Hydreigon starts off the core as a really amazing cleaner when equipped with a Choice Scarf. Faster mons such as Mega Beedrill and Mega Aerodactyl that tend to force out Hydreigon now get bopped by a powerful Draco Meteor. Modest is really cool as it guarantees the OHKO on Mega Aerodactyl after Stealth Rock as well as guaranteeing the OHKO on Mega Beedrill without any prior damage, making it a powerful revenge killer. SubCM Chandelure appreciates Hydreigon's cleaning power and can demolish stall which can usually tank Hydreigon's hits. Next up, Whimsicott completes the core as it can Encore mons into their setup moves, allowing Chandelure ample opportunities to set up and "sweep". Whimsicott also forms a "TurnTurn" core with Hydreigon, giving this core amazing momentum. It also gives this core a much needed Dragon immunity and Krookodile check.

Virizion @ Lum Berry/Leftovers/Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Mmkay, so lets get down to it, these guys are an insane core. Virizion is a really cool mon rn, because of the rise of grass type viability. Virizion is one of the few strong physical attackers, with a great special defense stat. Virizion also can take care of many of the threats in UU right now, and has amazing synergy with Gyarados. It does have some notable flaws though, and Rotom-Heat patches those up. The type synergy between these 2 is insane. Virizion is weak to fire, flying, fairy, ice, bug, and Rotom heat resists all of those. Rotom Heat is weak to water and rock, and Virizon patches that weakness up. There Offensive synergy is also very good, as Virizion can help deal with the ground, rock, and some water types that give Rotom-Heat trouble, while Rotom Heat can take out those Steel, flying, and bug types that give Virizon trouble. These 2 also compliment eachother with attacking from both sides of the sprectrum, and can still provide support for the team. Tyrantrum is here as a cool mon that synergizes very well with these 2, while also applying needed offensive pressure. Tyrantrum patches up a poison weakness, and can help take care of Mega-Aerodactyl which is an issue for this core. Tyrantrum also adds some good natural physical bulk, as well as another flying resist, and person that can act as a wallbreaker effectively, allowing Virizion to clean up. Overall these mons work very well with eachother, and can be a great start for a team to build around.

This core does need some support, so a hazard setter would work very well, particularly spikes, and a hazard remover as well. This core could also use some form of speed control in thunder wave or stun spore, as this allows for Virizion to outspeed some faster mons, and allows for Tyrantrum to wallbreak more effectively

Thank you very much! This sets are also SD Virizion, Scarf Rotom-Mow, and Banded Tyrantrum, just so you know. =)

+
+

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Taunt
- Roost

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock

Tentacruel is an amazing spinner, as it can absorb Toxic Spikes and spin away hazards that can plague the rest of the team. While this core isn't necessarily hazard weak, this core can provide a ton of support to hazard weak mons such as Zapdos, Gyarados, and Florges. Hydreigon has amazing synergy with Tentacruel both defensively and in terms of their roles. Stallbreaker Hydreigon denies walls such as Blissey and Alomomola their recovery moves, leaving them helpless against the Toxic Spikes. Shuca Berry Cobalion rounds out this core as a solid check to Mamoswine while also being an amazing pivot with super effective STAB to beat Florges as well as Stealth Rock support. This core is really weak to opposing Fighting-types so Pokemon such as Sableye and Florges are appreciated.

my actual core is Tentacruel, Krookodile, Cobalion

Swords Dance Mega Absol is a pretty cool and underrated sweeper in the meta, with large thanks to it's ability, Magic Bounce, which prevents it from getting statused or phazed & its high offensive stats of 150 / 115 along with access to STAB Knock Off make it a fearsome Pokemon to switch into & an extremely difficult Pokemon to stop. Choice Scarf Mienshao is next, and it can provide Mega Absol with setup opportunities thanks to U-Turn & can clean up if Absol is unable to finish its sweep. Finally, Roserade provides valuable Spikes support for the core and can handle bulky Waters as well as Fairy types, cause they pose a huge threat to the former members of the core while also being able to cripple an opposing Pokemon with Sleep Powder, allowing Mega Absol to get a free set up if possible.

Absol @ Absolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Roserade @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm / Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder

This is a pretty cool offensive core that has pretty nice synergy overall. Doublade synergizes perfectly with Pangoro, beating Fairy-types and walling Fighting-types for Pangoro while Pan-Pan beats Dark-types for Doublade. Zapdos helps add another solid Flying check, while also adding another Fighting check and adding a neat bulky Water check. It also benefits from the other member's beating of Rock-types, especially Doublade's walling of Mega Aerodactyl. Overall, this is a pretty cool core and I hope you like it!

Pangoro @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Parting Shot

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power Grass / Hidden Power Ice

+
+

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Defog / Stealth Rock

Heracross @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Zapdos @ Magnet
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave / Hidden Power [Grass]
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Defog
- Roost

Shuca Berry Empoleon helps by giving Defog support for Zapdos and Heracross so they both don't get whittled down. Empoleon also runs Flash Cannon and both heracross and Zapdos have a hard time breaking through Florges (although CM Florges is still an issue). Choice Band Heracross gives this core a status absorber as well as a way to beat down Steel-types while providing Knock Off support. Magnet Zapdos gives this core a Gyarados answer as well as a reliable Fighting and Flying resist and Empoleon and Heracross both get worn down. This core also has some flexibility as Empoleon can run Stealth Rock if it can't be fit anywhere else on the team in which Zapdos can run Defog over Hidden Power Grass.

This is a core that you can use on balance and bulky offense. The sets don't really matter here; it's the synergy between the members that really makes this core what it is. Reuniclus has been a great win condition for a long time; it absorbs Scalds and can help cover the Fighting weakness shared by the other members of this core. Reuniclus is notorious for being able to set up on a number of common walls and offensive 'mons alike, and it can often bring wins even when the other members of the team don't. Cobalion mainly covers Reuniclus's Dark and Bug-type weaknesses, and it switches in easily to a majority of the cell's checks. It can also use Volt Switch to bring Reuniclus in at the right time, Stealth Rock to wear down common threats, and even Thunder Wave to give Reuniclus more setup opportunities. Cobalion can also provide a team with a secondary win condition with its Swords Dance set. Both Reuniclus and Cobalion are checked easily by most Ghost-types, which is where Hydreigon comes in. Not only is this 'mon always a strong wallbreaking presence, but it provides a second stallbreaker next to Reuniclus, which can disrupt an opponent's momentum. It can check some Electric-types for Cobalion as well.

This core mostly has problems with Fairy, Fighting, and Fire-type Pokemon. One great teammate is Tentacruel, which can beat all of these decently well and set Toxic Spikes, which benefit every member of this core.

+
+

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind

Cobalion @ Leftovers / Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Baton Pass / Superpower

This core is just flat out amazing on any offensive team. Alakazam has been a threat ever since it dropped at the beginning of this month and its best set is arguably as a Life Orb attacker. Life Orb Alakazam can wear down a lot of things for Cobalion and Mega Absol to clean up. Cobalion synergizes nicely with Alakazam as it can bring it in safely on most physical walls that threaten Cobalion thanks to Volt Switch. It also adds entry hazard support in the form of Stealth Rocks, softening up things for Mega Absol as well as Alakazam. Mega Absol completes this core by providing a nice win condition as well as a way to get rid of the opposing Pokemon's items. Sadly, this core struggles with Fighting-types / priority such as Infernape and Lucario, but the not every core is perfect :P

(FINALE)
+
+

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

A simple yet very effective core. Choice Band Entei is a very good wallbreaker that can wear down a lot of Gyarados' common checks such as Zapdos and Empoleon as they hate being burned. SubDD Gyarados is a very effective win condition and can easily snowball the opponent. Lastly, Mega Sceptile takes care of bulky Water types such as Swampert and Suicune that Entei can't handle. Entei also takes care of special walls like Florges for Mega Sceptile while Mega Sceptile takes physical walls for Entei.

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield
- Leech Seed

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin

Fletchinder is very hindered by Stealth Rocks and Water types. M-Blastoise is a very consistent spinner that can switch into and put pressure on most rock setters. Chesnaught rounds out the core as a strong check to Water types, as well as providing hazard support to assist Fletchinder in cleaning opposing teams. Fletchinder also provides a solid Florges counter with recovery to cover up M-Blastoise and Chesnaught's weakness.

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
+
+

Whimsicott @ Leftovers / Pixie Plate
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Encore / Memento

~~~~~~~~~~

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Trick

OR

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Overheat
- Pain Split

~~~~~~~~~~

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

Ok so here it goes. This core aims to give setup opportunities to DD Gatr while also grabbing momentum. Whimsicott and Rotom-H can keep up momentum and suck momentum with Encore / Memento and Trick respectively. Both also have excellent defensive synergy with Whimsicott taking on Water-types that Rotom-H can't Volt Switch out of (Swampert) and many of the bulky Waters in general while Rotom-H can cripple physical attackers with Will-O-Wisp or walls with Trick. Both of these Pokemon also really help Gatr set up by wearing down the opponent and crippling them. DD Gatr is an amazing threat in the UU metagame, especially thanks to its Sheer Force LO boosted STAB Waterfalls and its coverage. This core really appreciates entry hazard support to further pressure the opponent as well as ways to keep them healthy via WishPassing or Healing Wish / Lunar Dance support.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Reserving Rotom-C - Tentacruel - Entei. Will write up soon.

This is a pretty cool core for balanced teams, featuring two cool wall-breakers and an excellent utility Pokemon. First up, Specs Rotom-C is insanely strong, hitting etremely hard with STAB Leaf Storms along with Volt Switch to provide crucial momentum to its team. Up next, we have Tentacruel. Tentacruel has excellent synergy with Rotom-C, being able to switch in on common Ice, Fire, and Bug attacks. Tentacruel also provides crucial Rapid Spin support to the core because the other two members of the core are prone to getting worn down by entry hazards. It also provides T-Spikes support, making the jobs of the two wall-breakers much easier. Finally, Choice Band Entei rounds out the core by being a wall-breaker from the physical side. Entei has solid synergy with the core, and loves Rotom-C's ability to eliminate bulky Water & Ground types and appreciates Tentacruel's Rapid Spin to remove hazards, so it can wall-break much easier.

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
Timid / Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt / Hidden Power Ice
- Trick

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Knock Off / Toxic / Sludge Bomb

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Last edited:

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
+
+

This is a hazard stacking core that I've used for a bit now and it really does its job in wearing down the opponent for an eventual Sceptile Sweep. Taunt Chandelure + Taunt Qwilfish stops Florges and Snorlax from recovering, the two primary defensive stops to Sceptile. The core is troubled by faster pokemon like Hydreigon and can also be dismantled by bulky slow mons before they get worn down.

Last edited:

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
+
+

Roserade @ Black Sludge
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Spikes / Toxic Spikes

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz

Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald / Hydro pump
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere / Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

When thinking of fire water grass cores I came up with a decent synergizing Bulky offense core that consists of some key threats in the meta right now. Roserade is an awesome poke in UU right now as spike stacking has been very effective and roserade finds a good amount of opportunities to stack and be an annoyance for opponents. To add to the spikes wearing down opposing teams, I added two hard hitters to the core in blastoise and Entei. These two along with the spikes pressure can really poke a lot of holes in teams and make them somewhat difficult to switch into. Blastoise also provides spin support and can 1v1 a lot of rockers in the tier like empoleon and forretress to keep the other members of the core as healthy as possible.

Hope you guys like it!

Last edited:
+
+

Empoleon (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock/Protect
- Defog
- Toxic/Roar

Arcanine (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Pretty basic archetype... Defensive Arcanine helps with the pokemon like Entei that empoleon can't really check. Empoleon is great for hazard control and spreading status, also walls key threats in the tier such as Hydreigon. Rotom-mow takes care of fat waters such as suicune and provides a ground immunity. Core is great if paired with something like P2 to deal with Chandelure/Aero/Nidoqueen.

You could opt for Roar or ice beam somewhere on Empoleon, however I feel that the utility and survivability that protect provides is too good to throw away. You could also run a timid nature on rotom-c in fear of the rare jolly SD gatr. Leftovers could be slashed on Arcanine, but wearing down things like beedrill and Mienshao overtime is crucial.

Reserving chandelure/mSharpedo/whimsicott for when lectures are over.
Quantum physics is cool, but french professors that I can't understand are less so.

Anyways:
+
+

So this is a core that I've enjoyed using on a lot of teams recently, generally hyper-offense. Honestly, I don't think it works anywhere else.

As you can probably tell, this core is based around creating openings for mSharpedo to sweep. I absolutely love this stupid rocketshark, and I seriously think that it has a lot more potential than people give it credit for, though I understand why people don't generally run it. This derpy-looking booger has some serious flaws, and so I built this core to try and make it as easy for sharpedo to sweep as possible.

Larry (Chandelure) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick / Memento

Curly (Whimsicott) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball / Hidden Power Fire
- Encore

Moe (Sharpedo-Mega) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Strong Jaw
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake / Ice Fang / Poison Jab /
- Protect / Aqua Jet

One of sharpedo's biggest flaws is that it is completely walled by a number of pretty common pokemon. mAggron, the fat goddamn fish, whimsicott, and defensive tentacruel all wall it pretty hard if you lack the right coverage move, and pokemon like Cobalion, Doublade, Salamence, and Hydreigon can live a hit and KO you back.

Specs Chandelure and Offensive Whimsi are there to punch holes in every single one of these. Chandelure tears mega aggron, whimsicott, cobalion, and doublade apart, and can 2hko tentacruel or OHKO the fish on switch in with the proper attack. In addition, chandelure walls pokemon like lucario, slurpuff, entei, and infernape if they lack the coverage for it (or just slurpuff in general), and all of these are pokemon that can give sharpedo a lot of trouble with their strong priority.

Whimsicott is there because its a hard stop to any and all setup sweepers, and can lure in and kill pokemon like chandelure, doublade, and cobalion. In addition, it beats all of the bulky water types (Fish, Suicune, Swampert, etc) that beat sharpedo and chandelure, AND it can take on all forms of salamence and hydreigon, as long as you dont get caught by a fire blast.

The nice thing about this core is that it's incredibly versatile. It fits in on a lot of teams by changing the sets just a little bit. Need some speed control? Stick a scarf on chandelure and it still hits like a truck! Need a way to beat physical attackers? Sub/Wisp chandelure has got you covered! Need a stronger physical tank, or better utility? Dude, You have a whimsicott! Run sub/seed with Moonblast+encore and change the EV's. Sharpedo also has some amazing coverage moves it can use in its final slot that can allow you to tailor its set based off what your team can and can't beat for it.

Things this core appreciates:
-Spikes+Rocks. With a single layer of each, Chandelure and Whimsi turn a whole lot of 2HKO's into OHKO's. Plus, you have a built in spinblocker!
-Physical Wallbreaker: Having a powerful physical attacker like banded krookodile or entei can help a ton to ease pressure on sharpedo
-A secondary sweeper: Sharpedo is great, but it can't beat every team alone.
-Speed Control: Sharpedo really shouldnt come out til youre ready to end the game, so having a scarfed pokemon or a lot of strong priority is always nice.

All in all, I've found this core to be a ton of fun to play, and I hope you all enjoy it too!

Calcs:
252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 218-260 (53.9 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Shadow Ball vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 203-239 (63.6 - 74.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Giga Drain vs. 232 HP / 24 SpD Alomomola: 439-523 (82.9 - 98.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Blastoise: 218-260 (60.2 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Entei: 270-318 (72.7 - 85.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 364-429 (105.8 - 124.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Aggron: 177-208 (51.4 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Energy Ball vs. 232 HP / 24 SpD Alomomola: 568-670 (107.3 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
P.S. I don't know how to spoiler so I just used quotes don't judge my life choices

Last edited:
First time doing one of these bare with me!

+
+

Whimsicott @ Leftovers / Pixie Plate
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Encore/Stun Spore

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock/Defog
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Grass Knot/Flash Cannon

Ability: Solar Power
Timid Nature
- Taunt/Protect
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot

Pretty basic offensive core but I find these three work amazingly well together. Whimsicott covers fighting and ground types that are a threat to Empoleon/Mega Houndoom. Empoleon taking shots from Flying, Steel, Ice, Poison and Bug which Whimsicott hates. Empoleon and Whimsicott cover Mega Houndoom's Water weakness while it covers Fire which the other two are not a fan of taking. I found this core worked so well as it can check some of the biggest threats in UU. Feraligatr, giving you issues? Whimsicott or Empoleon handles it. Reuniclus being a pain? Mega Houndoom will make it think twice though watch out for Focus Blast. Chandelure and Hoopa being pasts? Houndoom likes to rip these guys apart too. Hydreigon and Salamence both fear Whimsicott and Empoleon. Mega Beedrill can't do jack to Houndoom or Empoleon. Suicune fears Whimsicott's Encore plus Giga Drain while the fast Mega Aerodyctal has to fear Empoleon even with Earthquake thanks to the Shuca berry it's holding.

Depending on which move you give Empoleon both a Stealth Rock setter and Hazard Remover is needed with Houndoom being weak to Stealth Rock. Crobat makes a excellent Defogger covering weaknesses for all three Pokemon as well as forming a VoltTurn core with Whimsicott.

Sorry I'm late, but I have a CA$H core to display! This core consists of spike stacking Qwilfish, Spdef Assault vest Tangrowth (yummy), and stealth rocks Mega Camerupt. Below are the sets I use. Enjoy and make sure to try out this super fun and effective core!
@

EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
Spikes

Waterfall

Thunder Wave

Taunt

@

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 36 SpA / 220 SpD
Sassy Nature
Leaf Storm

Focus Blast

Knock Off

Sludge Bomb

@

EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
Fire Blast

Earth Power

Ancient Power

Stealth Rock
Now if you hate Whimsicott then this core is for you. All three of these pokemon can switch into a moonblast and kill or paralyze. The core has no great common weakness until it starts to get withered down. In this core we have a specially denfensive wall that doubles as a physical water counter, two mega beedrill switch-ins both with hazards, two entei checks, a good fighting resist, and a parahaxer to bring down the speed of the opposing team since my core is rather slow. It is a splash of color and power. I call it Heros of Natural Disaster (HND).

Qwilfish is an amazing pokemon in this core and outside of it. It checks most of the common physical threats with the combination of intimidate and typing. Mega Beedrill, Entei, and Heracross are all blocked heavily but this monster. What it does for the core is lay up spikes and thunder wave the opposing pokemon. Spikes allows me to get damage on switch ins so their pokemon cant faint before my own HP runs out. Taunt is so the opposing pokemon cant heal up or get rid of the paralyze. Waterfall leaves me with decent power and the chance to flinch down the likes of Snorlax or really anything else that is paralyzed. The best thing about qwilfish is that it always has something to do. If there is a Seismitoad switch incoming I can taunt to prevent rocks or I can go for spikes and switch to Tangrowth. Qwilfish relieves some pressure on Camerupt as a beedrill and entei resist. Its good to have some secondary resistences since Camerupt does not have any form of recovery.

How do you stop this thing? I literally molded Tangrowth into a specially defensive wall like the ou stall players did. I have leaf storm so I can kill Feraligatr in one hit and do great damage. Focus Blast is for hydregion and kyrem so I can do damage or kill after I take a hit. Knock off is knock off. It allows me to widdle down my opponents even further. It also gets rid of life orbs so I can switch out and come back in without taking as much damage. If I knock off entei's choice band then my core is going to have an easier time. Sludge bomb is for Whimsicott and other grass types. This is pretty much a free switch into whimi. You don't have to worry about leech seed or the grass stab. This makes a fantastic ground resist which my other two mons are weak to. I know a lot of people don't normally use this in UU but it really helps with a lot of specail attackers.

Finally we we have the volcano camel himself, Mega Camerupt. This is my special fire resist and has some of the same resisteces as qwilfish. I have the normal wall breaking offensive stabs and I put enough speed to catch gyro ball doublade, and non invested base 30S which allows me to hit things before they start setting up calm minds. Ancient power is for Salamence and anything else that flies and resists fire. Steal rocks is really cool because camel does have a lot of resistances. This is the powerhouse of the core. Its slow but not too slow. The paralyzing qwilfish will definitely help out with the speed factor.

Team options:
  • Tailwind gets the core take less hits because you will be out speeding. Same goes for Sticky web and para spam.
  • I could use a safer option for Chandelure. Perhaps some rock type or pursuit trapper.
  • Hazard removal
  • Speedy sweepers/ Cleaners

Last edited:

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
k i'll bite

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Healing Wish
- Dazzling Gleam

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch / Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance / Swords Dance
- Ice Punch / Aqua Jet

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake / Mach Punch

healing wish has become kind of a rare commodity since jirachi went up, but strong sweepers + scarf healing wish is still stupid dangerous. whats cool about this one is that shaymin beats that stupid quagsire stall thing thats picking up on the ladder atm, which kinda shits on the other two.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
EVs: 140 HP / 252 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Spikes
- Drain Punch
- Roar

Spin + Pow

Pow + Prioritah

Phaze + Annoying

Use with a Florges.

Last edited:
Reactions: rs

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
okay guys! its voting time for the
cores. I'm pretty surprised there were no Suicunes at all tbh. But anyway, remember that you may not vote for yourself, and to vote just post the user's name. There will be winner as well as a runner-up to be put into the Hall of Fame. Good luck guys! :]
NV:

Dr Ciel:

YABO:

iWanka:

Omfuga:

Yettison:

Goodra:

DaSpoofy:

kokoloko:

King UU:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)