Tournament OU Colosseum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
(BANNER COMING SOON)

Host: Indigo Plateau

Approved by the OU Mod team
OP largely adapted from the UU thread hosted by Cynde and Amane Misa

Welcome to the Overused Colosseum! This is our official room tour project where we'll be able to find out who the best battler in the room is! Here is how the project is going to work: Every month, there will be 3 of these room tours; each of them will happen on a Saturday, and the dates and times for said tours will be announced at the beginning of every month.

The format for the 3 tournaments will be two weeks of current generation tournaments and one week of past generation tournaments. The past generation tournaments will be selected at random from ORAS / BW for now. If there is enough interest for prior tiers, then those will be considered for the future. There will not be an exact repetition of tiers in consecutive months - that is to say, if the first month is SM/ORAS/SM, then the following month will be SM/BW/SM.

After the conclusion of two months of live tours, there will be a playoff phase similar to SmogTours with points. The top 8 seeds after all 6 live tours will face off, and the winner will hold the title of "OU Colosseum Champion!"

Here are the tentative dates for this month:

June 16th - SM OU
June 23th - ORAS OU
June 30th - SM OU

All tours are currently scheduled for 6 PM GMT EST. I will post in the thread the day before signups for each tour to give everyone a fair shot at getting in.

There are prizes to be won! (TBA) The winners will also have their accomplishments kept in the Hall of Fame.

With all of that said, let's have some fun, competitive tours - good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
Hey everyone! Since I’ve been receiving quite a few questions, here’s how it will work:

Signups
@ 6 PM EST (-4), I will make a post stating that signups are open. To participate, all you have to do is reply after my post with “in”. Signups will stay open until an adequate number of signups are received, but probably no longer than 15 minutes.

Matches
After signups are closed, the bracket will be updated in the post that I used to open signups! This week will be a single elimination, best of 1, SM tour. Please play your matches on the smogtour server and do not hide your room! After your match is complete, the winner has to PM me (“Indigo Plateau”) the result so that I can update the bracket. Please do not forget to do this, else I will have to coinflip!

The bracket will be updated in the same post that the original matchups were posted. Once rounds are posted, please don’t take longer than 3 minutes to start your match! This is a live tour, and I don’t want it to drag on.

I’m looking forward to tomorrow and hope you all are too! Feel free to PM me with any additional questions

Last edited:

Indigo Plateau

UU Leader
Signups are now open! To participate, simply reply below with "in". Signups will close in 15 minutes maximum, or when a good tournament number is reached! All matches are to be played on smogtours.psim.us and as a reminder, please PM me the result afterwards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)