OU Doubles first team

Ok, this is my first team and not too sure on the threats, but a pretty mixed strategy, wonder if it can be effective and i'll be grateful for any improvements... Just to let you know, this is not fifth gen, just heartgold version.

Azelf Choice scarf
252atk/252spe/4satk
Naughty nature Levitate
-Explosion
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower

Basically the main point of this guy is obviously to explode, but for threats such as metagross andskarmory leave me in a bit of a pickle, gengar takes care of them. The rest of the moves are just fillers really, gives it good type coverage and a STAB move, of course the choice scarf will lock it into the move but i can switch out and use this later on and could do some serious damage. Not much else to say here, EV spread self explanatory, choice scarf to outspeed pretty much everything.

Gengar life orb
252spa/252spe/4atk
Timid Levitate
-Explosion
-Focus blast
-Shadow ball
-Hidden power fire

Hidden power fire to take care of metagross and skarmory, ghosts who resist my explosions i can take out with shadow ball. Basically if two ghosts appear, shadow ball and psychic, if one does, explosion and shadow ball, the rest i can mostly explode with both pokemon with the exception of metagross showing up so i'll hidden power fire him or if i predict a protect then just one explosion... You get the drift.

next pair to bring in...

Dusknoir @ damp rock
Sassy Levitate
252hp/ 4 atk/ 252sDef
-Trick room
-Rain dance
-Shadow punch
-Sucker punch

Rain dance will help later on... With Kingdra and Toxicroak. Sucker punch and shadow punch always useful, takes care of ghosts, thinking about changin shadow punch for ice punch for better coverage... but i lose out on STAB. Trick room is purely for smeargle, which after it has set up... it will soon run out for my fast sweepers to get into play. Dusknoir is also pretty slow so will be pretty much the second fastest player on the field... an added advantage when attacking sleeping pokemon [see smeargle]. After they are asleep switches are likely, free damage for dusknoir.

Smeargle @ salac berry
Sassy Own Tempo
252Def/252Hp/4spD
-dark void
-substitute
-belly drum
-baton pass

If all has gone well, and my azelf exploded, dusknoir will be stuck in and activate a trick room after gengar explodes. smeargle gets in, dark voids the opponent to sweep, giving me a chance to set up substitute, belly drum, activating the salac berry to pass max attack and a speed boost on. meanwhile dusknoir is doing his thing, shadow punching, and rain dancing after the baton pass ... this will be beneficial to my special and physical sweepers...If They are likely to switch, so i could spam dark void a bit in here...

Kingdra Damp rock
252spa/252spe/4hp
Modest swift swim
-Surf
-dragon pulse
-rain dance
-hidden power electric

the rain dance is there in case something goes wrong with dusknoir and my sweeping is ruined, the surf with be beneficial to the maxed out attack toxicroak... <unsure on this guy. Dragon pulse, fends off the ONLY weakness it has, dragon, also... STAB. and this thing in the rain can outspeed most threats... surf hits both pokemon and heals toxicroak [and doesn't affect subpunch]. pretty good special sweeper, Hidden power electric for extra coverage, since rain teams are becoming more common in doubles.

Toxicroak black sludge
dry skin Jolly
252atk/240speed/18hp
-substitute
-focus punch
-sucker punch
-stone edge

With rain, black sludge, surf, it gets 3 healing bonuses thanks to its dry skin, and with reasonable attacking power and a speed boost could be pretty deadly. Although i could baton pass it on to a more stronger physical attacker such as salamence... any thoughts? basic strategy with this guy. substitute, instantly get health back if kingdra uses surf, free to use focus punch +speed boost + max attack... i'll be impressed if something can survive that... not to mention STAB. sucker punch useful... priority move and max attack = LOL. takes care of those nasty psychics after me. stone edge just tops this set off, reasonable coverage keeps away flying dragons such as salamence and dragonite away from kingdra.

soo... mixed up strategy filled with explosions, Obi [yay] and rain dance... Its a strange one but if carried out correctly works together well, baton passing and trick room surpport... rain dance support, all seem to flow nicely into each other.

This is just for battling against a friend tbh not online, criticise away... I HAVE realised that the opening few pokemon are quite susceptible to fake out... and protect could cause problems... unless i stick a taunt in there somewhere... Feel free to suggest changes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)