SM OU OU Standard Balance Team [Help Please]

Introduction

Hey, I'm kinda bad at teambuilding on Pokemon Showdown, but I've decided to try anyway. This is basically my OU Balance Team, and I've tried to improve it as much as I can, I've asked everywhere and this is the final place I can ask. I'd really appreciate it if you try to help me out with this team, because I'd like it to be the best that it can be, just like any other team. I've been doing pretty good with this team, but only climbed up to 1300s and still climbing. Can't say I'm doing that well with the team though, still had my fair share of losses (and rages).
(P.S. Don't mind the dumb nicknames please)

Team Members

Team Introduction
This is a basic balance team; three offensive and three defensive pokemon. I've chosen Toxapex for walling many physical threats, and Celesteela for walling many
special threats. They both do pretty well at doing it, but once one of them is gone, there's really no more walls for it. Rotom-W is not really an offensive and defensive, it's
just a good pivot for the team, and it also hits a bit harder than my walls and can still wall some pokemon.
Now I've chosen Greninja, M-Garchomp, and Tapu-Bulu for the offensive. Greninja is just such a great special attacker overall, and Tapu-Bulu hits really hard and can punch BIG holes in the opponent's team, and M-Garchomp is just my rock setter and a mixed wall breaker. M-Garchomp is normally my early-game offensive/sweeper, Greninja normally late-game (can also revenge kill), and Tapu Bulu appears whenever it needs to.

The Team
Correct me if some stuff is wrong, im not that good with the meta yet...

PeX (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 132 SpD / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
Toxapex is just such a good defensive wall. It can wall many threats in the game and provides good support. I've chosen toxic because it can wear things down pretty easily, and can easily annoy the opponent's team. Scald is for STAB and the potential burn which is really useful for physical attackers, plus Toxapex deals with most physical attackers pretty easily. Recover is to regen HP and keep it's health up as much as possible, and Haze is really good for 'mons that are trying to set up. This is the standard Toxapex set, not much to explain. Still, pretty useful, and also is a good defensive core with Celesteela. It can deal with fire threats and stuff that Celesteela cannot wall easily.

SteeL (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Flamethrower
Celesteela is a really good special wall and can wall most special attackers in the meta. Heavy slam is really good for fairy types and just for dealing that good STAB damage. Leech Seed is for regaining Celesteela's HP and just to suck the opponent's HP out slowly but surely. Protect is for scouting and just for an extra turn of protection and healing from Leech Seed + Leftovers. Flamethrower is really useful, it deals with steel/grass types pretty nicely. Celesteela is an amazing core with Toxapex because Celesteela can check some 'mons that Toxapex can't, and also has ground immunity. Also, if the opponent already has been affected by Toxic, Celesteela can Leech Seed it to drain even more HP.

GrASH (Greninja-Ash) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Water Shuriken
This is my late-game sweeper/revenge killer. Although it might not be the fastest, it is still faster than most of the 'mons you see out there and can get an easy kill + evolution by killing 'mons that I've already weakened. Hydro Pump is a really good STAB move, combined with greninja's stats + specs it does A HUGE AMOUNT of damage. But, I'm a bit worried about the accuracy, so Surf is good for me too, I sometimes switch it around. Dark Pulse is another great move for psychic types and such. Now here I chose Ice Beam instead of Spikes is because Ice Beam can destroy fairy/grass/flying types who normally think they can destroy/wall me, and I don't really feel like I need spikes on my team. Water Shuriken is normally used for revenge killing because It's normally really weak, but after transformation, it can deal really neat damage.

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast / Stone Edge
Garchomp is my rocks setter because spikes are super important. And It is also my early-game sweeper/mixed wall breaker. It gets pretty good stats after it mega evolves, but loses speed. It's still pretty fast, and can also revenge kill/deal some easy damage and OHKOes. It is also a bit bulkier than Greninja and doesn't die after everything so it's pretty decent. SR for setting up ofc. Earthquake for easy STAB damage to punch holes. Draco Meteor for other dragons and is also a really strong attack, and I don't really mind the special attack debuff because I still have eq. Fire Blast for a bit more coverage, I am also considering to switch it into stone edge for more damage + high crit chance and for flying types who try to wall me.

W-0t0m (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
Rotom-W serves as my defogger, since everything is mainly out of the picture, and I don't like flying types (tornadus, etc) which loses much HP to stealth rocks while defogging. Rotom-W, on the other hand, takes like no damage from sr and can defog easily. It can also wall some other 'mons and also provide some good offence at the same time. Hydro Pump STAB damage is really good and can deal some decent damage. Volt Switch for chip damage and momentum for the team. Will-O-Wisp literally rekts physical attackers by halving their damage and chipping away at their HP at the same time. Defog just for defog.

BuLu (Tapu Bulu) @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Horn Leech
Last but not least, my Choice Band Bulu. This thing hits hard, really hard, and can dent holes in the opponent's teams. It also provides grassy terrain for the rest of my team to heal with which I find really helpful with my primary walls. Although Bulu serves as an offensive pokemon, it can also take some hits from fairy/water types and counter. Wood Hammer is an awesome STAB attack adding onto the terrain + choice band which makes it hit hard as hell, but the recoil is one downside. Superpower for dealing with steel types + more coverage. Stone Edge for flying types + more coverage. And Horn Leech for recovering HP while dealing decent damage at the same time. I like to use Horn Leech sometimes because all the other moves have downsides (wood hammer recoil, superpower debuff, stone edge acc).

Conclusion
Thanks for reading! Please give some tips/changes to my team or just some meta tips in general since I'm not that familiarized yet.
Whole team pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/73a49cffd0f92801
Also, this is my first post on the forums so yeh

Garchomp set;
It's a bit unconventional because Draco Meteor affects FB, so you want Dragon Claw or Outrage over D-Meteor if you;re running mixed.
If you're running SB, you wanna go all out physical anyways.I just skimmed it, it was just the most glaring thing.
Also M-Garchomp isn't that good, you already have a wallbreaker in band bulu anyways.

Garchomp set;
It's a bit unconventional because Draco Meteor affects FB, so you want Dragon Claw or Outrage over D-Meteor if you;re running mixed.
If you're running SB, you wanna go all out physical anyways.I just skimmed it, it was just the most glaring thing.
Also M-Garchomp isn't that good, you already have a wallbreaker in band bulu anyways.
Dude, that exact set is the standard Mega Chomp set. It's not unconventional in the slightest.

Garchomp set;
No, no, M-Chomp is great, and theres no problem in the set. Thx anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)