Project OU Teambuilding Competition V9 (Done! See you all in Sun & Moon)

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
THIS TEAM IS BERRY FUN TO USE!!!

Garchomp @ Roseli Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Rush
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Spikes
- Fairy Lock
- Thunder Wave

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Volcanion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 72 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Steam Eruption
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Sludge Bomb

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Superpower

Serperior @ Yache Berry / Coba Berry
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Hidden Power [Rock]
- Glare
- Dragon Pulse
All right so the concept I built around here was fuck weaknesses so I decided to chuck type resist berries on 4/6 of my team members 'cause lol I wanna fuck with people like that and because type resist berries are the best items in this game because I said so. Roseli Chomper beats Diancie leads like they're nothing and I've run Dragon Rush over Dragon Claw or Outrage because fuck that weak-ass 75 BP STAB and if I'm locked I can't beat Diancie after killing something. Tyranitar uses that accuracy as its main STAB and Garchomp has an even more powerful secondary STAB so fuck it. Next up comes Klefki. Got that powerful™ Fairy Lock to allow me to guarantee a kill against a fat water with Serp or to give me setup fodder with Landorus. Next up we have the almight Yache Berry DD Lando-T which is the godly because it doesn't get RK'd by Weavile at +2 and can just fucking wreak teams. Next up the god Shuca Volcanion allows me to stop all those naughty Ground-types from KOing me. Not running max speed because otherwise I just kinda get shat on by Azumarill so yea bulk is better here than tying with Breloom. Next up ScarfTar because theis team is a slow piece of crap outside of +2 Lando-T so yeah I prefer the speed over the power on my Obligatory Pursuit Trapper™. Finally the god that is Yache Serperior gets a boost as it kills something and then those Weavile who come in and think they have a free Icicle Crash get blown the fuck back when Serperior lives the hit and OHKOs back because its fucking jesus. Alternatively you can shit on SpD Talon with Coba Berry+HP Rock which eases the matchup a little and is all-around just very useful.

Edit: Nice 'n' 2.5kth like

Last edited:

MANNAT

https://spo.ink/aq7
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The Stall CT

This is a pretty cool team that I made to take on stall players, and it actually has been pretty cool to use. Basically Fire Blast Clef+sub hera+tg rd manaphy makes it so that you're set vs every stall team in existence, which is really nice. Clefable is a fat piece of shit that can beat so many teams that's it's fucking insane. Mana offers a really good wincon vs a multitude of teams and can put in some work vs offense at all. MHera can get a sub up vs stall obviously, but also a lot of offensive teams since most bulky ground have an insanely difficult time doing any major damage to it. Lum SD chomp can be changed to tankchomp if you want, but that's really up to you and it's just a cool set to set up rocks vs msab. Dazzling gleam keys can put some pressure on msab and make sure that weakened msab from facing lum sd chomp can't switch in unless it wants to get rekt by dazzling gleam. Lastly, latios offers a solid attacker, being able to spam draco and having hp fire to lure in shit for teammates which is pretty cool. Overall this is a pretty fun team to use since stall players are gonna click x the second that they see this and it's a lot more fun to play 5 minute HO games than stall and balance ones.
Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Atk / 84 Def / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Close Combat
- Substitute

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Dazzling Gleam

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower

Last edited:
(personal note: I don't like this core as a defensive core much, I think there is actually way too much flaws)

Team :

Klefki @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Poison Jab

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 136 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Bounce

1) Klefki's set is standard, spikes because this thing KILLS grounded opponents, Magnet Rise is cool, Play Rough is good stab move although a bit weak due to Klefki's bad offensive stats and no offensive EV investment but it kills most subs in one hit, TW cripple annoying setup sweepers.

2) I think that Scarf Garchomp is a very strong pokemon due to his high speed stat and a good amount of attack, he outspeeds MCharizardX at +1, he outspeeds Latias/os, he outspeeds Kyu-B even if he is scarfed, and with his good coverage he hits pretty much everything very hard, Earthquake/Outrage are his 2 stabs, don't forget to be careful with Outrage when there is fairies or very resilient Steel-type setup pokemons who may take advantage of this, use Earthquake if possible. Poison Jab punishes fairies who try to switch in, Stone Edge destroys flying types avoiding Earthquake.

3) I chose Mega-Manectric because he's a very powerful electric-type pokemon who can break through big threats to Garchomp like Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Scizor ... And both of his abilities synergize very well with Gyarados, I chose Flamethrower instead of Overheat because it breaks through most of the pokemons you want to counter with Overheat, especially because most of them are grounded and take Klefki's spikes damage, and avoid the annoying -2 SpA after the attack, especially great if the opponent can switch something which can take advantage of this and resists fire-type attacks

4) Weavile to form the great offensive core MManectric/Weavile, he's good against the annoying tanks like Chansey/Cresselia and Porygon2 with Knock Off, Pursuit is good to trap a lot of Defog/RSpin users, he's also very strong against dragon-types, especially Dragonite and Altaria-Mega who are pretty strong against this team

5) Ferrothorn is my rock setter, counter to Hippowdon, to RotomW, very good against non-Fire coverage Tyranitar, and a very good counter to Mega-Gardevoir and most fairies in fact, set is standard : Gyro Ball against fast/fairies, Power Whip against things that it hits super effectively or are very resistant to gyro ball, Leech Seed is cool for recovery

6) Gyarados' Intimidate is good when paired with Manectric's intimidate, double electric weakness is good when paired with Manectric's Volt Absorb, he's also my best check to Mega-Medicham and my flying type against Earthquakes, also good against Heatran if Garchomp is down for some reason, his role in the team is mainly defensive but his offensive presence is also very strong, after 1-2 Dragon Dance his damage output is really high, Bounce can paralyze and hax pretty nicely when combined with Waterfall, 20 Speed EVs to outspeed Mega-Manectric and Mega-Lopunny at +2

Last edited:

Klefki @ Air Balloon
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Foul Play
- Magnet Rise
- Thunder Wave

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Substitute

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Regenerator
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Icy Wind

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Starmie @ Mystic Water
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed

Why is everyone giving up on hazard control??? Like when I first saw this I thought that Starmie would be a given on every team. Spikes Klefki was obvious to all, but no one cared enough to try to remove hazards, like what - Okay. Now I have Torn-T + Manectric, standard volt-turn core, standard stuff. Breloom is here to break fatter builds that rely on Quagsire as their unaware resist. Basically just pretty standard stuff all around, like I don't even know what there is to say about it. Just an offensive volt-turn team kthxbai,,

That Sharp Beak and Mystic Water stuff is me hating Life Orb's retarded recoil - it loses games, seriously.

Last edited:

D4RR3N (Garchomp) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpA / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

ADVERSARY (Klefki) (M) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Fairy Lock
- Spikes
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave

SAKUYA (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Focus Blast

ASTOUNDED (Weavile) (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

SCORPDESTROYER (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- U-turn

SMURF (Alakazam) (M) @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Encore

built this about a year back for powc finals but i find it still as effective as ever. slight water weakness but can be played around by finishing the opp off within 20 turns like how a standard HO is supposed to be played. team kinda auto loses to msab comps but those are v rare in the current meta so w/e. originally built this around fairy lock klefki to serve as a psuedo trap to pave a game for a lategame clean by weav/landt/mzam. standard sr chomp+spikes klefki, i prefer tank on chomper on this team over sd sr lo/sash cuz i feel that i need the early game momentum to tank hits from stuff like msciz/bisharp/lop/landt etc while doing some solid chip with rough skin+rh and/or dtail+hazards support. i love using keld and its an amazing mon that fits on most bo/ho comps which i tend to favor when building. feel that keld becomes infinitely more threatening with hazard support to pressure stuff like mvenu to recover its health and give me a free switch, and also lure common hazard control mons (think latis/starmie) to come in vs keld for a free spin and gives me an opportunity to double into weav and pursuit trap them. speaking of weav it also makes v good use of hazards to put pressure on hazard control mons as well as pressuring its own checks as most of its checks are grounded (think msciz/klefki/keld) scarf landt is there cuz my original gameplan is for klefki to fairy lock and trap opposing bulky grounds such as chomper/hippo/landt and pave a way for landt to sweep unhindered with them out of the picture. finally i chose mzam as my mega cuz its just a great mon w/ hazard control as its checks (think msciz/av meta) are all spikes weak and makes it easier for mzam to weaken them later in the game. protect+encore seems like a shitty combination on mzam on paper as i drop sball for mew/latis/starmie/etc or dazzling gleam for msab, but protect+encore does have their uses. protect allows me to turn the tables v rain/sand offense and also scout for opp scarfers, while encore is there to be an enormous nuisance and force switches, which becomes significantly more dangerous when u have multiple layers of hazards up and even making switches start to chip and punish heavily. overall i dont feel like i need sball as i think the team covers what sball would have (for example psychics getting trapped by weav, av meta losing to basically the rest of the team) and its not that dazzling gleam drastically improves my matchup v msab anyway, altho msab is really really rare rn bar the omni-present obnoxious shed stall or abr stall. overall it was a really fun team that got me ez wins and bodied ppl. nicknames were from my prev powc team! :]

Without much to say about the initial core, hazard spam. Klefki Flash Cannon for Mega Diancie.
Mega Metagross; Pursuit lati twins, Thunder Punch hits Starmie strongly, and hits a decent damage in Skarmory and can defeat it if the opponent does not let her always healthy. In short, cool against hazard removes.
Starmie to Rapid Spin and Keldeo switch.
The team needed speed control, immunity Earthquake and chek Charizard X, then Landorus-T was added.
Finally, the team needed a victory condition, and something to not auto-lose against Mega Sableye, Clefable CM, with Encore to limit walls in the same move.

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic / Fire Blast

Klefki (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch / Zen Headbutt
- Pursuit
- Thunder Punch

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 72 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Encore

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Nice, some real nice looking teams around here, lot of variety just like I love it :) Ok, I think it is pretty safe to move on now. God bless the goons squads

VOTING TIME!

Team 1

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 68 Def / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Spikes

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 12 Spe
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Knock Off
I feel like I've only built defensive teams for the teambuilding comp so far but oh well.. After I saw Chomp + Spikes I immediately went with the standard dual hazards + Tyranitar + Clef +2, and this is what I came up with.

Let me just preface all of this by saying I much prefer Chomp + Skarm compared to Chomp + Klefki, and not having the Ground immunity + sand check + phazing potential + reliable recovery does get annoying sometimes, but eh I guess Klefki has some merit too.

Obviously this team is really basic. You just try get up as many hazards as possible, and then use Tyranitar to trap the opponents Latios/Starmie. After that, hazard pressure + Clef should just slowly win the game.

All the sets are pretty standard; Tank Chomp, Spikes Klefki, Scarf Tar, CM + Twave Clef, Mega Bro, and AV Torn, but I still think its worth going over the building process real quick because there are a few things I want to touch on.

So as I already mentioned, I started with the dual hazards core. I just went with standard Tank Chomp, with Fire Blast because M-Sciz can be a bit annoying to this team.
Then with Klefki I went pretty basic again, Spikes and Thunder Wave are a given. I went with Toxic to hit Mega Lati, Hippo, as well as just most other fat mons like Mega Slowbro because it seemed like it was nice to have an additional way to pressure them. I actually changed Klefki to Play Rough later on in building because I wanted a move that could break Serperior's Sub 100% of the time. I didn't feel like getting 6-0d by Sub Serperior.
Clef is standard, Tyranitar too. I went scarf to better trap offensive Starmie, and also give me another check to Bisharp.
I went with Mega Bro because once I was finished I basically only had one wincon in Clefable, I wanted a second one, but also something that could pressure a lot of the stuff Clef didn't like, such as Heatran, Gliscor etc, and I thought Slowbro might be a nice way to do that. It also checks Sand, Zard X, and some other annoying stuff.
Lastly I went Torn because I needed a check to Grasses like Mega Venu, Serperior, Breloom etc. I have enough HP to avoid the OHKO from +2 Mega Scizor's BP after Stealth Rock because I'm a little bit weak to it. It's also just nice in general to have the extra HP seeming that Tornadus is my dedicated switchin to a lot of special stuff like Serp, Gengar etc.

Team 2

The King Pice (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

The Second Pice (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

The Pice's dick (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Fairy Pice (Klefki) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave

Pice Arsenal (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 12 Atk / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Fire

Prehistoric things (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch
Ehy :3
I really like this core and i've decided to build a HO with Alakazam + Klefky + Garchomp. Alakazam is a fantastic sweeper but hate priority and physical move: pokemon like Talonflame, Mega Scizor and Pinsir are a big problem Garchomp can punish this physical pokemon and gives a hazard support that helps the Alakazam sweep. My second choice is Band Azumarill: with Stealth Rock + TW support + Spikes azumarill work really well: help to break balanced, Stall pressure weather build and gives a important priority move (that helps against other offensive team). Fast Electric Type are annoying for this build, and Stall Team in general can stop the team: for this reason i've added Kyurem, it gives an offensive check for fast electric and lure things like Ferrothorn/Scizor that helps the Azumarill and Alakazam sweep. Roost can be an opinion for more longevity. The last choice is Tyranitar: Tyranitar gives me a good offensive check for Bird Spam and a Kyurem switch in because are annoying for the team.

Team 3

Garchomp @ Roseli Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Rush
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Klefki @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Spikes
- Fairy Lock
- Thunder Wave

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Yache Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Volcanion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 72 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Steam Eruption
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Sludge Bomb

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Superpower

Serperior @ Yache Berry / Coba Berry
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Hidden Power [Rock]
- Glare
- Dragon Pulse
All right so the concept I built around here was fuck weaknesses so I decided to chuck type resist berries on 4/6 of my team members 'cause lol I wanna fuck with people like that and because type resist berries are the best items in this game because I said so. Roseli Chomper beats Diancie leads like they're nothing and I've run Dragon Rush over Dragon Claw or Outrage because fuck that weak-ass 75 BP STAB and if I'm locked I can't beat Diancie after killing something. Tyranitar uses that accuracy as its main STAB and Garchomp has an even more powerful secondary STAB so fuck it. Next up comes Klefki. Got that powerful™ Fairy Lock to allow me to guarantee a kill against a fat water with Serp or to give me setup fodder with Landorus. Next up we have the almight Yache Berry DD Lando-T which is the godly because it doesn't get RK'd by Weavile at +2 and can just fucking wreak teams. Next up the god Shuca Volcanion allows me to stop all those naughty Ground-types from KOing me. Not running max speed because otherwise I just kinda get shat on by Azumarill so yea bulk is better here than tying with Breloom. Next up ScarfTar because theis team is a slow piece of crap outside of +2 Lando-T so yeah I prefer the speed over the power on my Obligatory Pursuit Trapper™. Finally the god that is Yache Serperior gets a boost as it kills something and then those Weavile who come in and think they have a free Icicle Crash get blown the fuck back when Serperior lives the hit and OHKOs back because its fucking jesus. Alternatively you can shit on SpD Talon with Coba Berry+HP Rock which eases the matchup a little and is all-around just very useful.

Team 4

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Atk / 84 Def / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Close Combat
- Substitute

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Dazzling Gleam

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower
This is a pretty cool team that I made to take on stall players, and it actually has been pretty cool to use. Basically Fire Blast Clef+sub hera+tg rd manaphy makes it so that you're set vs every stall team in existence, which is really nice. Clefable is a fat piece of shit that can beat so many teams that's it's fucking insane. Mana offers a really good wincon vs a multitude of teams and can put in some work vs offense at all. MHera can get a sub up vs stall obviously, but also a lot of offensive teams since most bulky ground have an insanely difficult time doing any major damage to it. Lum SD chomp can be changed to tankchomp if you want, but that's really up to you and it's just a cool set to set up rocks vs msab. Dazzling gleam keys can put some pressure on msab and make sure that weakened msab from facing lum sd chomp can't switch in unless it wants to get rekt by dazzling gleam. Lastly, latios offers a solid attacker, being able to spam draco and having hp fire to lure in shit for teammates which is pretty cool. Overall this is a pretty fun team to use since stall players are gonna click x the second that they see this and it's a lot more fun to play 5 minute HO games than stall and balance ones.

Team 5

Klefki @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Poison Jab

Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 136 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Bounce
1) Klefki's set is standard, spikes because this thing KILLS grounded opponents, Magnet Rise is cool, Play Rough is good stab move although a bit weak due to Klefki's bad offensive stats and no offensive EV investment but it kills most subs in one hit, TW cripple annoying setup sweepers.

2) I think that Scarf Garchomp is a very strong pokemon due to his high speed stat and a good amount of attack, he outspeeds MCharizardX at +1, he outspeeds Latias/os, he outspeeds Kyu-B even if he is scarfed, and with his good coverage he hits pretty much everything very hard, Earthquake/Outrage are his 2 stabs, don't forget to be careful with Outrage when there is fairies or very resilient Steel-type setup pokemons who may take advantage of this, use Earthquake if possible. Poison Jab punishes fairies who try to switch in, Stone Edge destroys flying types avoiding Earthquake.

3) I chose Mega-Manectric because he's a very powerful electric-type pokemon who can break through big threats to Garchomp like Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Scizor ... And both of his abilities synergize very well with Gyarados, I chose Flamethrower instead of Overheat because it breaks through most of the pokemons you want to counter with Overheat, especially because most of them are grounded and take Klefki's spikes damage, and avoid the annoying -2 SpA after the attack, especially great if the opponent can switch something which can take advantage of this and resists fire-type attacks

4) Weavile to form the great offensive core MManectric/Weavile, he's good against the annoying tanks like Chansey/Cresselia and Porygon2 with Knock Off, Pursuit is good to trap a lot of Defog/RSpin users, he's also very strong against dragon-types, especially Dragonite and Altaria-Mega who are pretty strong against this team

5) Ferrothorn is my rock setter, counter to Hippowdon, to RotomW, very good against non-Fire coverage Tyranitar, and a very good counter to Mega-Gardevoir and most fairies in fact, set is standard : Gyro Ball against fast/fairies, Power Whip against things that it hits super effectively or are very resistant to gyro ball, Leech Seed is cool for recovery

6) Gyarados' Intimidate is good when paired with Manectric's intimidate, double electric weakness is good when paired with Manectric's Volt Absorb, he's also my best check to Mega-Medicham and my flying type against Earthquakes, also good against Heatran if Garchomp is down for some reason, his role in the team is mainly defensive but his offensive presence is also very strong, after 1-2 Dragon Dance his damage output is really high, Bounce can paralyze and hax pretty nicely when combined with Waterfall, 20 Speed EVs to outspeed Mega-Manectric and Mega-Lopunny at +2

Team 6

Klefki @ Air Balloon
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Foul Play
- Magnet Rise
- Thunder Wave

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Substitute

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Sharp Beak
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Icy Wind

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Starmie @ Mystic Water
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed
Why is everyone giving up on hazard control??? Like when I first saw this I thought that Starmie would be a given on every team. Spikes Klefki was obvious to all, but no one cared enough to try to remove hazards, like what - Okay. Now I have Torn-T + Manectric, standard volt-turn core, standard stuff. Breloom is here to break fatter builds that rely on Quagsire as their unaware resist. Basically just pretty standard stuff all around, like I don't even know what there is to say about it. Just an offensive volt-turn team kthxbai,,

Team 7

D4RR3N (Garchomp) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpA / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

ADVERSARY (Klefki) (M) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Fairy Lock
- Spikes
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave

SAKUYA (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Focus Blast

ASTOUNDED (Weavile) (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

SCORPDESTROYER (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- U-turn

SMURF (Alakazam) (M) @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Encore
Built this about a year back for powc finals but i find it still as effective as ever. slight water weakness but can be played around by finishing the opp off within 20 turns like how a standard HO is supposed to be played. team kinda auto loses to msab comps but those are v rare in the current meta so w/e. originally built this around fairy lock klefki to serve as a psuedo trap to pave a game for a lategame clean by weav/landt/mzam. standard sr chomp+spikes klefki, i prefer tank on chomper on this team over sd sr lo/sash cuz i feel that i need the early game momentum to tank hits from stuff like msciz/bisharp/lop/landt etc while doing some solid chip with rough skin+rh and/or dtail+hazards support. i love using keld and its an amazing mon that fits on most bo/ho comps which i tend to favor when building. feel that keld becomes infinitely more threatening with hazard support to pressure stuff like mvenu to recover its health and give me a free switch, and also lure common hazard control mons (think latis/starmie) to come in vs keld for a free spin and gives me an opportunity to double into weav and pursuit trap them. speaking of weav it also makes v good use of hazards to put pressure on hazard control mons as well as pressuring its own checks as most of its checks are grounded (think msciz/klefki/keld) scarf landt is there cuz my original gameplan is for klefki to fairy lock and trap opposing bulky grounds such as chomper/hippo/landt and pave a way for landt to sweep unhindered with them out of the picture. finally i chose mzam as my mega cuz its just a great mon w/ hazard control as its checks (think msciz/av meta) are all spikes weak and makes it easier for mzam to weaken them later in the game. protect+encore seems like a shitty combination on mzam on paper as i drop sball for mew/latis/starmie/etc or dazzling gleam for msab, but protect+encore does have their uses. protect allows me to turn the tables v rain/sand offense and also scout for opp scarfers, while encore is there to be an enormous nuisance and force switches, which becomes significantly more dangerous when u have multiple layers of hazards up and even making switches start to chip and punish heavily. overall i dont feel like i need sball as i think the team covers what sball would have (for example psychics getting trapped by weav, av meta losing to basically the rest of the team) and its not that dazzling gleam drastically improves my matchup v msab anyway, altho msab is really really rare rn bar the omni-present obnoxious shed stall or abr stall. overall it was a really fun team that got me ez wins and bodied ppl. nicknames were from my prev powc team! :]

Team 8

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic / Fire Blast

Klefki (M) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch / Zen Headbutt
- Pursuit
- Thunder Punch

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 72 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Encore
Without much to say about the initial core, hazard spam. Klefki Flash Cannon for Mega Diancie.
Mega Metagross; Pursuit lati twins, Thunder Punch hits Starmie strongly, and hits a decent damage in Skarmory and can defeat it if the opponent does not let her always healthy. In short, cool against hazard removes.
Starmie to Rapid Spin and Keldeo switch.
The team needed speed control, immunity Earthquake and chek Charizard X, then Landorus-T was added.
Finally, the team needed a victory condition, and something to not auto-lose against Mega Sableye, Clefable CM, with Encore to limit walls in the same move.

You are all amazing. Voting ends on Sunday at 10:00 PM, GMT -5. May the best one win, etc, etc.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Team 7

It's the only one that isn't a meme, bad, or isn't based off a bunch of theorymon where I could vote for it on the merit of a teambuilding competition. As mentioned in the desc. the teams water weakness is annoying, actually a bit bothersome for me to accept, but I think the goal and some of the techs make up for it because it has a realistic end-game in mind without looking silly.

I didn't vote for some of the other ones cause some of them were either super silly or just lacking in efficiency to myself. So yeah Team 7 has my vote regardless of whatever flaws it has.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well, it is pretty clear to me that Team 7 by DracoNinja has won this round by a landslide. Congrats. Will be added to the hall of fame :)

Moving on!

ROUND 36:

+

Yeah! Keldeo beats like every relevant dark type reuniclus may have troubles with while reuniclus take keldeo checks like mega venusaur and amoonguss for a ride. Straightforward stuff, and they look so cool on team preview. So yeah, this is the core for this round.

Round ends on next Friday at 10:00 pm, GMT -5. Good luck!

This squad is easily one of my most consistent and favorite ORAS teams, and its pretty much the only one I spammed in whichever oras smogtours I was able to participate in (also Shoka won one of his later OST games with this team without any prior experience). One characteristic of this team that makes me enjoy it so much is how versatile it can be, getting neutral to good matchups vs most squads. Reuni was obviously the focal point of my build, and I paired it with Manectric for some reason that I have now forgotten (I do remember, however, that I really wanted to avoid using MLati (I felt people were slapping it on teams without much thought)) - regardless, the duo works extremely well to to beat down on a large variety of playstyles. Reuni could use Shadow Ball to help out vs psychics like meta/mie and also hit sableye, but i've liked focus blast for its ability to hit steels a bit harder so I use that instead. Resttalk keld provides a reliable bisharp / other dark and scizor check that can last throughout the game while also placing offensive pressure, which is really good. Chople Tar is simply an amazing mon that gives me a way out vs so many major threats in this metagame like MZam, Torn, or Zard-X, and pursuit trapping for manectric and keldeo is simply perfect. TWave may be mexican, but it can be crucial in aiding a reuniclus sweep if timed right, and also provides the team some protection against BD Azumarill. SDef skarm fits pretty perfectly here, giving me an element of hazard stack while also handling a multitude of threats thanks to the special bulk and natural physical defense. Because of the support from resttalk keld (which helps against weavile alongside skarm, for example) and reuni (which can semi-handle mmeta for this team alongside skarm, for example), the reduced physical defense doesn't bother me at all. Amoonguss completes the team by providing a solid answer to offensive waters and just a plethora of stuff in general, while clear smog is extremely useful especially alongside twave support, and regen gives me a lot of freedom when playing with guss.

The only concern that has really been brought up with this team to me is the lack of hazard removal and mega sableye, but the combination of reuni + guss + my own hazards helps immensely in the hazard game when sableye is not involved (I have, for example, beaten stall by utilizing mostly just my own hazards and endless switching between reuni and amoonguss). A lot of starmie balance teams are heavily pressured by reuniclus, so the matchup issue here is rarely impossible. Sableye is also difficult but its not unreasonable to manage depending on the team support it has. Regardless, using Shadow Ball > Focus Blast on reuni solves a lot of the problems here. Otherwise, the team is very good and consistent (at least, for me), so I'm very happy with what I have.
(e: Volcanion murks this team unless you outplay it (they're gonna spam steam eruption, and if they don't, at least you can pursuit it. hazards also wear it down fast). F### Volcanion.)

Light of Dawn (Reuniclus) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast / Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Runaway (Manectric-Mega) @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Ethereal (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 168 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide
- Pursuit

So Far Away (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 224 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Small Losses (Keldeo) @ Mystic Water
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Open Your Eyes (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 76 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Last edited:

Eclipse

Like a chimp with a machine gun
is a Contributor Alumnus

Don't look at Heatran, it's mono-blue, I swear

Don't worry, nothing's out of place here

Keldeo @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Zen Headbutt
- Pursuit

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Defog
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

The idea of the core was pretty simple, so I started out with CM Reuniclus and RestTalk Keldeo, who is the premier dark check on the team. I went with a bulkier spread to handle Darks and other threats well. I'm using Shadow Ball over Focus Blast on Reuni so I'm not walled by Sab, and is the team's main wincon. Next, I went with Pursuit M-Meta to help get rid of annoying threats such as Latis and Starmie which would prove to be annoying for the rest of the team. AV Tangrowth is my main ground check to deal with Exca mainly, while also being able to deal with annoying special attackers that give the rest of the team trouble. And of course Latios, as the original build I made had no Volcanion swtichins whatsoever, as Keldeo certainly wasn't a switchin (Volcanion is so irritating), so I went with Latios to help with that; I'm running Draco+T-Bolt in order to smack annoying waters like Slowbro and Volcanion better. And finally Heatran, who is my main rocker. Overall a fun team that I greatly enjoyed building and I will definitely keep playing around with it to make it as best as it can possibly be.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 172 SpD / 8 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo-Resolute @ Coba Berry
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 16 SpA / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Swords Dance
Lol yes I just ripped it from what I built in teamshop. Picks an amazing core for builders to work with and there is only two teams smh wtf is wrong with people.

Not a whole lot to say other than every M-Garde sand team is either gonna be a crappy version of Enders XY M-Gard Sand team, something that gets demolished by every fighting type ie those kyurem-b sand teams, or just some random sand balance which is what this is more or less (probably still the first point lol). There's a lot of directions you can take a team such as this but I felt like using Reuniclus + water here and Keldeo fit for not being too Bish / Weavile weak. Talonflame helped with some speed control and threats like Serperior, Volcarona, and grasses and while I kind of dont like the SD SpDef set that much I think the immediate pressure as opposed to Bulk Ups slower long term pressure seemed more useful here. RestTalk Keld gives it some longevity. Keldeo can be annoying so just don't play like booty around it and if Slowbros annoy you Shadow Ball Reuniclus is an option over Focus Blast. That's really it enjoy.
Crystal Ram we all dream of a world where Heatran is blue don't worry you're not alone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)