Tournament OU Theorymon Mini Tour: Won by FookMi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't join up this time because all the additions are a lot to take in, but I look forward to seeing some replays. The ones posted so far look great!

Alright, after watching an incredibly one sided-match that was extremely unfair to Red Cat, Baton Pass teams are now banned. Geomancy Smeragle is now banned, as it is completely uncompetitive and just plain annoying, with few ways to stop it. From this point forward, anybody who brings this strategy will be immediately disqualified.

Things such as Nasty Plot + Baton Pass Celebi / Togekiss are allowed, however.

Edit to below:
No @-@

Last edited:
Alright, after watching an incredible one sided-match that was extremely unfair to Red Cat, Baton Pass teams are now banned. Geomancy Smeragle is now banned, as it is completely uncompetitive and just plain annoying, with few ways to stop it. From this point forward, anybody who brings this strategy will be immediately disqualified.

Things such as Baton Pass Celebi / Togekiss are allowed, however.
If you are banning BP, don't ban Geomancy Smeargle. I want to see Geomancy Boomburst Smeargle in action.

Edit: Didn't read the last part. Derp.

blinkie

¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯ dank meme crew
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/outheorymon-220709679

In a protest against the actions of user Recreant for refusing to slate balanced buffs such as Dark Void Murkrow, Prankster Smeargle, Spore Whimsicott, and Tail Glow Swoobat, I decided to use a cancerous team consisting of a Baton pass user, which happened to give an unfair advantage over my opponent. I think this is comparable to how the refusal to slate "unbalanced" Pokemon and not give them a chance is similar to my abusing BP and my opponent did not have a chance without bringing somewhat unviable Pokemon such as Haze Murkrow. I also think Tail Glow Swoobat is clearly balanced as it will be OHKO'd by SE priority quickly, such as Bisharp Sucker Punch. However, in protest of the Baton Pass Ban which limits legitimate strategies such as Geomancy Boomburst Smeargle, I will continue to bring "unbalanced" Pokemon.

Note: This could have been prevented if user Recreant had passed me an actual "team" or had slated Tail Glow Swoobat

I will also apologize to my opponent for using "cheap" tactics pioneered by user dEnIsSsS which user Recreant does not support. I am willing to rematch if Recreant legalizes TG Swoobat.

So wait, am I missing something or are we effectively black mailing Recreant in Pokemon because someone has a burning desire to use Tail Glow Swoobat? And our options are to either allow TG Swoobat, or deal with blinkie using uncompetitive crap?

I'm assuming(hoping) this is a joke but if this is indeed the case I suggest Recreant puts on his big boy pants and doesn't negotiate with the terrorists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)