NOC Paranoia Mafia Game Over - Mafia Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's actually a question to everyone to hopefully get discussion going, how many terrorists do you think there are?
I'd say 2 maybe 3 but unlikely.

"In the case of at game start there is at least one terrorist in the game"

My god...

I'm never making that assumption but some math.

Assuming the terrorists have a finite number of kills and need to rely on mislynches it is better to lynch after the kills go off because more info.

Assuming the terrorists have overwhelming/infinite kills it is far better to start lynching now.

I think it's far better to start lynching and create day information instead of taking the disgustingly optimistic play of waiting till they run out of kills while hoping we can lynch accurately. Hopefully that puts the no lynch discussion to bed.
To be fair though if we let to many villagers die before we find the terrorists there will be a problem. Considering we need to both find terrorists and preserve town, no-lynching might be a great way to let power roles get information.

I know people dont like set-up speculation but I dont think it would make sense to have this ruleset without investigative roles to help town narrow down scum as quickly as possible.

I'm for a day 1 no-lynch for now.

"Terrorists win if at least one terrorist is alive when the living players vote to end the game or if a significant (but predetermined amount known to the terrorists) proportion of the villagers are dead."

Quoted from rules of initial post.

Normally I might agree, but not for this game. Really this game seems like it's all about set up speculations to the point of being able to determine when there are no longer any scum. I mean, there's reasons why the rules are written in a way to include the possibility of no scum at all.

No in this game determining scum has nothing to do with setup spec, and in any case scum are just going to play on any assumptions anyway. Say Day 1 we collectively agree to stop at 3 terrorist flips or some shit, it sets the tone for their strategy while keeping us rigid. Such agreements are difficult anyway, and I encourage people to simply have their wits about them and keep an open mind.

This game is about looking at people, which reminds me: BEING ACTIVE IN THIS GAME IS EVEN MORE IMPORTANT THAN IN STANDARD GAMES. This is because Cops, Vig Shots, and Process of Elimination are not tools that we have. You don't have a PR to hide, this is explicitly anti town play, so I will be cracking down on it.

I'd say 2 maybe 3 but unlikely.

To be fair though if we let to many villagers die before we find the terrorists there will be a problem. Considering we need to both find terrorists and preserve town, no-lynching might be a great way to let power roles get information.

I know people dont like set-up speculation but I dont think it would make sense to have this ruleset without investigative roles to help town narrow down scum as quickly as possible.

I'm for a day 1 no-lynch for now.

"Terrorists win if at least one terrorist is alive when the living players vote to end the game or if a significant (but predetermined amount known to the terrorists) proportion of the villagers are dead."

Quoted from rules of initial post.
Dentricos here shows a lack of understanding that all townies are the same. You can quote the rules at me but I assure you I understand them. This is paranoia mafia. We don't have shit to help us gain info. In this specific situation I'm willing to call that a town > scum slip for now because if he honestly believed that we had cops then he would be playing differently as scum.

Fuck no lynch. We don't let the scum wash their hands of this day accountability wise, and the case where it helps even a little bit is so slim it's not worth the bet.

I swear everytime I try to end setup spec it just keeps going I should really stop doing that.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
blazade is 100% correct

optimal town play is to lynch based off scum behavior until we're reasonably convinced there are no more scum

willing to toss a slight townlean on blazade for protown logic; the "slight" is because blazade's smart enough to replicate it as scum, i just don't know if he decides to do so

Ampharos

dentricos "slip" is NAI, i wasn't aware the setup was entirely vanilla either

former hope's logic sounds like misguided town

everything else is RVS and i despise reading into RVS, gimme some more content to look at guys

Ampharos

Random Voting Stage

people tossing out random votes at the very start of the game in an attempt to generate discussion

i don't like analyzing anything that happens before the actual discussion is generated because the votes are usually just jokey and meaningless

Walrein completely misses the point on my Dentricos read, it isn't about what kind of player would misread setup, but about what someone would do with their assumptions. If scum Dentricos thought there were cops I don't put him on coming up with fake town logic to protect cops.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Quick question is there ever a reason for village to end game? It seems like village can just play till the last player because there's zero reason to ever end game since we only win if all terrorists are dead anyways and there's no risk till waiting for the end unless I'm missing something important

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)