Peak Times For You My Friend!

Peak Times For You My Friend! (Hail Stall)

:Introduction:

Wagwan Smogon! Allow me to introduce myself, I go by the alias Sour, a competitive Wi-Fi battler from the Youtube channel “SweetnSourPkmnBattle” I’ve been battling competitively since the banishment of Garchomp in Gen4, took a break during the start of Gen V (Exams and what not) and got back into it just as SS+Drizzle was passed (Glad I missed that *phew*)

I’ve always enjoyed team building, this probably stems from me doing it legit during the days of Gen4 where you only get ONE chance to EV/IV/Nature breed so you better damn well get it right.

Now I’m on the futile quest to obtain “perfection” in both my battling skill and my teambuilding skill.

The team I bring you is my shameless attempt at a Semi-Stall Hail team as:

1) I enjoy anti-metagame strategies

2) I am disgusted at theses hail teams with 5 ice types and no synergy
(this opinion was based off of watching YT vids, and was before I was introduced to the wonderful world of PO)
let’s not kid ourselves, Ice type is a TERRIBLE type...

3) Hail usually comes with the reputation of stall and I Iove stall/defensive play.

This team was made during the reign of Thundurus and Excadrill so I’ll include them anyway (R.I.P Exca *sniff* maybe in RD6...maybe)

So now that I’ve bored you with my life story Let’s get on...with...THE SHOW!

In-Depth Analysis

Abomasnow

Abomasnow (M) @ Choice Scarf Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 140 Atk / 128 SpAtk / 240 Spe

Hasty Nature (-Def, +Spd)
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Hidden Power Fire
- Earthquake

LOL ABOMASNOW XD
Is the natural pig-headed reaction but without him this wouldn’t be a hail team. As the only Fully evolved pokemon to receive Snow Warning, this Christmas tree of hidden carnage is what you will see in my lead spot but in actual fact is one of my main sweepers as Ive gone for the Choice Scarf variant as most assume SubSeed/Defensive set and so would I to be honest looking at how defensive this team looks. I decided to go with the Choice scaf variant as full stall is just not viable in OU anymore IMHO and some suprising offensive presence/pressure can really turn the match around.

240 Spe to outspeed positive nature base 111 by 1 point, 128 into SpA for a powerful STAB Blizzard nailing the abundant ofdragons of OU and annoying walls like Gliscor, Celebi’s that assume they can outspeed and get an HP Fire off etc. Speaking of which HP Fire allows me to hit Ferrothorn/Foretress harder and Scizor ON THE SWITCH.
140Atk Powering up wood hammer which is an insane stab (much better than giga drain IMO) Gastro, Quagsire, TTar and Politoad take massive damage from it! While recoil can become a liability at times especially with SR up which is why I play conservatively when using that move. And finally Earthquake for nailing Ninetails (after some prior damage) and for muppets like Heatran and Magnezone that think they can wall me.

Tentacruel

Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge Trait: Liquid Ooze

EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 4 SDef / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect
- Rapid Spin

When we talk about synergy with the big Christmas tree, Tentacruel is almost the first thing that comes to mind, resisting all his weaknesses bar Flying and Rock. Tentacruel is my TRUE lead (which you may find strange with Rotom-W being an extremely common lead) An important PKMN that has too very important roles. Setting up Toxic Spikes Which my seem redundant in a tier with levitaters, Flyers and steel types, however its come in really handy, as pkmn have their sweeping ability limited, as well as all weather starters are affected by it as well as annoying well as bulky waters.

The second but most important role is my rapid spinner, spinning away rocks is essential as it robs aboma ¼ of his health everytime he pops his head round the corner. That and my toxic spike absorber.
Scald? Why not surf? The 30% burn rate must conflict against one another right? Not really actually as I’ve stated before Levitaters /flyers/steel types are everywhere and if not going to waste two turns setting ip TSpikes if no one is affected! Besides the residual damage is EXTREMELY helpful.
Lastly probably my favourite move in the game Protect. Eases prediction or creates paranoia in the opponents mind, Scouts out Choice locked pkmn and allows me to recover abit of health with black sludge sometimes turning 2HKO’s to 3HKO’s
The ability liquid ooze for Giga drain users and Conkeldurr though stone edge is becoming common on that thing. Though Rain Dish is tempting!
Not much to say about EVs this time Tentacruel is bulky enough already Specially So taking Physical hits better is the aim of the game 44 Spe Evs to outpace Gliscor. Idea .....”inspired” by undisputed.

Skarmory

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Sturdy

EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SpAtk)
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Love this metal Bird to death, It just does its job so damn well! My physical wall of the team and 2nd member of the entry hazard laying trio (1st being Tenta) The standard set maximising HP and Def but putting a little into Spe to outpace other Skarms if I happen to get in a hazard war and want to whirlwind him out and rack up the entry hazard damage. Def investment means I can take physical hits from this fast paced powerful metagame from threats like Terrakion, Excadrill (when it was around) and sand teams in general! Brave Bird for a powerful stab hitting fighting types for SE damage and of course a reliable recovery in the form of roost.
I decided on Leftovers instead of Shed Shell. While you may ask why I’m deciding such a thing, Magnezone has become increasingly popular this Gen, but losing HP every turn from hail is extremely noticeable which is why I run lefties to atleast cancel out Hails passive damage.

Blissey

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Def / 120 SpAtk / 92 Spe

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Flamethrower

This generation has not been kind to the pink sponge. Hated by the YT Community because she still does her job properly, soaking up those special hits like it was nothing even without any SpD investment. Full credit goes to Delko as I was “Inspired” by his blissey set because it is brilliant! Blissey completes the entry hazard laying trio as my Stealth Rocker which is a very important role seeing as it strips away ¼ from pkmn x2 weak to it, brings volcarona down to ½ and results in passive damage for levitatrs since as the Opponent switches more and more, Hail and SR damage really takes there toll. Instant recovery move for Blissey is quite nice (understatement of the year) Wish was considered for stuff like Aboma and Mr.WTF-ARE-YOU-DOING-IN-OU below Blissey. But I decided not to as a lot can happen in 1 turn for that wish to come true especially if I’m not running protect besides 3/6 of my pkmn have a recovery move anyway. Seismic toss as it’s my main form of attacking for consistant damage. And flamethrower with enough SpA and Spe Evs to outspeed and roast most Scizor after a SR switch in (though I obv bluff the fact I that I outspeed (providing hail isn’t up) and the fact that I don’t have Flamethrower so scizor is usually at 70% before I tell it to suck my *&^%) also helps with unspecting Ferrothorns and forretress who think I’m set up bait.

Hariyama

Hariyama (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 96 Atk / 252 Def / 160 SpDef

Impish Nature (+Def, -SpAtk)
- Low Kick
- Stone Edge
- Pay Back
- Whirlwind

Well... what can I say! Besides the fact he is an absolute gem. Now I know what you’re thinking judgemental people “LOL GTFO NOOB DIS IZ OH YOU NOT ARE YOU :B” but you have to realise, haryiama is a crucial team player. Not only a rock resist for Aboma with its fighting typing, thanks to its forgotten ability Thick Fat this becomes a serious Sun Check taking the fire attacks and actually threatening my Opponent with an unsuspecting Stone Edge namely Ninetails as Sun teams are usually kryptonite to all hail teams plus people usually think twice about burning Hary as most assume Guts. Low Kick > CC as with 96 Evs in Atk it OHKO’s Every.Single.TTar.Variant.EVER (bar chople at full health :B) OHKO’s Tran 100% after Rocks and other fighting weak pkmn like Terrakion, Cloyster (LOL) etc. plus Defensive drops are extremely unpleasant. Payback are to hit Psychic/Ghost switch-Ins harder if I don’t want to try my luck Stone Edge cause as we all know 80% acc. means 40%
Whirlwind is used for utility purposes obv. Racks up entry hazard damage and gets rid of dancing dragons.

Haryama is also my switch in into Volcarona A pkmn after +1 Can wreck my team if Sun is up and SR is not on the field as with 160 SpD it can take +1 Sun boosted Fire Blast and either Whirlwind if SR is up or go straight for the kill if I’m feeling lucky.
Max Def impish nature to take Physical attacks better as thats what I’m mostly switching into with Hary bar generic sun teams. No HP investment as Hary reaches 429 with no investment!

Latias

Latias (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SpAtk

Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Roar

Love this thing to death as well. Using probably her best set IMO, Max HP to increase Bulk, Max Spe Timid to tie with alot of PKMN (PKMN carrying HP Fire and have a Base Speed of 110 make me smile) Recover for survivability, Dragon pulse for a reliable STAB, Calm Mind and Roar! Why? To Stop stall natural enemy Reuniclus of course! Late game is where Latias really Shines as She can get into a CM war with Reuni, and Roar the blob out after +3/+4 since the next time itll come in I’ll be waiting for it with a 2HKO in my pocket. Psyshock variants (which are becoming increasingly common as well) are slightly scarier but are handled nevertheless. Roar also to rack up entry hazard damage of course. Its essential that Latias is not satus inflicted especially sleep or paralysis. She is my last resort if Reuni is on the other team and I cant have anything happen to her. Plus being a nice Sun Check that lack Volcarona is cool too!

Strategy:

Dont lead off with Aboma, get hazards up ASAP and whittle down bigger threats ASAP

Despite Aboma being Scarfed I don’t won’t my opponent finding out so early in the match let either Bliss or Skarm and possibly Tenta be a trick fodder.

Having 4 walls i can mix and match
SkarmBliss
LatiBliss
LatiSkarm
BlissCruel
LatiCruel
SkarmCruel
(pretty sure I'm making these up know)

Try and play intelligently and not get haxed out :]

Keep Latias and Aboma at a good amount of health as they are my late game sweepers in this offensive metagame

Dont bring Aboma on anything wood hammer recoil is bad enough along with SR if Tenta is dead.

Threat list
Breloom: Sac the least useful PKMN to sleep (usually Tenta, hopfully Rocks are gone first) then proceed to switch into Skarm or Latias to Phase away after he subs. Aboma can revenge kill bar Mach Punch
Blissey: Get TSpikes up ASAP, switch to Hariyama proceed to Low Kick it to death. Set up bait for Tenta, Skarm bar Flamethrower/Tbolt and Latias bar Status.
Bronzong: Slightly annoying as HP Fire from Aboma is doing jack all and even less if in the rain. Forced to use Bliss and SToss. Though Zong is good set up bait for Skarm.
Celebi: Blissey though Nasty Plot variants could be troublesome w/ Giga Drain worse comes to worse I wittle it down with SToss/Flamethrower Switch into Tenta and Let liquid ooze do do its job. Latias is also allowed to set up if they lack HP Ice. Sub Seed variants wont stay long thanks to TSpikes.
Conkeldurr: Skarm. If its dead for any reason the Tenta.
Deoxys-S: Oh dear! Massive threat! Superpower for Blissey, Tbolt for Skarm, Psycho Boost for Hary/Tenta, Ice Beam for Latias, and Fire Punch/HP Fire for Aboma :S
Lead Offensive variants wreck me, I need to get damage ASAP.

Excadrill: Skarm. Aboma on the revenge. During its OU reign, I unfortunetly never met an intelligent Excadrill player e.g. Tenta Burned on a scald/Bliss Flamethrowered on an SD lol

Ferrothorn: Blissey 3/2HKO's depending on the EV Spread. Aboma HP Fires after some Damage other wise Gyro Ball will nail me. Hariyama can Low Kick FTW. Skarm and Tenta sets up and Tenta can potentially burn.

Forretress: Same as above

Gengar: Blissey though he is tricky as almost every variant runs Sub Split/Sub Disable FB shakey acc. is quite nice. Tenta also wears it down not including disable variant. Gengar is easily revenged by Aboma. Worse comes to worse I risk Speed tie with Latias.
Gliscor:Skarm can set up, Tenta outspeeds standard and nailing with scald. Abomasnow if i wanted can come in and give the bat the middle finger.

Gyarados: Skarm tho in the rain its pretty scary. esp with wish support. Sub DD Bounce waterfall set is annoying and can potentially finish me off considering flinches. Latias can DPulse and ABoma can Blizzard. SR helps alot as well as Hail negating ones holding lefties

Haxorus:Skarm. If its dead then it might be GG if a DD variant. Aboma and Latias outspeed and KO if its not +1 Spe.

Heatran: Hariyama OHKOs. Blissey walls and Sets up. Variants lacking Earth Power are set up for Tenta too. Lacking DPulse/HP Ice can be set up on by Latias. Aboma kills with EQ after prior damage that lack ballon or its been popped

Hydreigon: Blissey. Hary. Tenta.

Infernape: Im rocking Skarm/Bliss/Lati/Cruel. Play accordingly and it should die easily. If its the Choiced it makes it much easier. Aboma revenges, Lati can Come in on anything bar Uturn (but it can recover that of anyway) and KO with DPulse.

Jellicent: Get T Spikes up quickly and wear it down. Variants that lack Taunt or Shadow ball can be set up on by latias. Prior damage will lead to a KO by Aboma w/wood hammer

Jirachi: Why have you forsaken me jirachi. Can be Annoying Wish Bodyslam/ironhead Skarm and set up/ Calm Mind variants can be troublesome Latias can get in a CM war but Thunders 60% Para is UGH!

Kingdra: Skarm. for DD variants. Special variants are blissey. Mixed needs some prediction but yeah.
:Kyurem: Blissey. I need to be careful of the ones that pack Outrage aswell. hhSSpecsm sucks

Landlos: Skarm. Hary if i have to. Aboma revenges if not Subed/Scarfed

Latias: Calm Mind war quickly other wise it can spell trouble. I can take +1 if its the same set as me
and roar away. Aboma can Blizzard spam if it has no boosts. Choiced variants = a weaker Latios so look below

Latios: Blissey. Psyshock variants i go to skarm. Expert belt/LO w/Recover variants are annoying. After some damage Aboma Outspeeds and KO's. Hary can take a hit and finish off w/payback. Speed tie with Latias if I have to.

Magnezone: Play carefully Skarm cant be lost early game! Bait with Skarm and Switch into either Bliss = walls Flamethrower, Hary = Lowkick, Aboma = EQ KO's. I can also Set up w/ Lati if it lacks TWave.

Mew: Stall breaker.....Versitale and annoying especially if its carrying taunt. Damage it and get it out of the way ASAP

Ninetales: Hary. After some damage and lack of balloon Aboma revenges w/EQ. Bliss also sets up on it and wears down with SToss.
Politoed: Tenta can set up and wear it down with boosted scald or better yet set up TSpikes. BSame With Bliss and Stoss/SR. Lacking toxic or not locked into ice beam means Latias gets free entry. if i must Aboma can take anything bar FB. and KO Wood Hammer 2HKO Bulky versions.

Reuniclus: Latias. Dont play stupid with her, If she's dead and this thing is at full health it might be GG. TR variants are slightly threatening but bliss can handle it, just be thankful of FB acc. The fact that it doesnt have recover is a bonus. As I can wear it down.

Rotom-W: Blissey. Lati if it lacks HP Ice. Non Scarfed varients are KO'd by Aboma.

Salamence: DD Mix mence. Scary... dont let it get +1 Speed other wise Aboma Lati cant outspeed. Hary can take a hit and either Stone Edge or Whirlwind
Scizor: Skarm. Tenta. Blissey LOL as it ouspeeds and KO's. If I must Hary w/ Low Kick
Scrafty: Hary is my best bet against DD varients that carry Fire punch. No fire puch = Skarm BB or WW either one works.

Sigilyph: Latias. No boosts = Aboma

Skarmory: All but Hary can abuse this pkmns presence. aboma = HP Fire (sturdy broken obv), Blissey = Flamethrower, Tenta spins/sets up, Lati = Sets up/ beats it to the phase.

Slowbro: Tpikes Plox. Ill just have to wear it down as Regenerator can be annoying. wood hammer will do a decent.

Starmie: Outspeeds my intier team and spins away all my hard work! can do come serious damage depending on the variant but Blisss if lacks psyshock. Lati if it lacks icebeam. If I must Aboma can take a Hit and KO with Wood Hammer

Terrakion: Skarm. Dancers can be scary if skarm is dead. Hary will take the hit and reply with a Low Kick. Non scarfed/Polish Sets are KO'd By Aboma's Wood Hammer

Thundurus: When it was around Bliss. Hammer arm varients are annoying. NP+ Sub are again dangerous but aslong as there isnt a sub Aboma can revenge. Same with Exca I didn't meet a smart TBro player. Once killed one thanks to Skarm SR and WW >.>
Tornadus: Same as TBro really.

Tyranitar: Hary. Skarm if they lack Fire Blast. Burn with Tenta. Aboma can wood hammer after some damage for the KO

Victini: Good thing i dont see this thing as it can pick me off one by one Uturn hurts latias but she can come in on CB and DPulse. Same for Aboma with EQ. Scarfed variants...doesnt hit as hard but play carefully and hope all my hazards are up

Virizion: Tenta. to a lesser extent Bliss. Again FB acc.
Volcarona: Hary. takes +1 Fire Blast under the Sun and either takes it out with stone edge or WW if SR will defo. If im retarded and its dead and Volca has HP Ground its pretty much GG

Special metions go to SD Toxicroak as with Skarm gone It goes through my team.

Magic Guard Alakazam.......FUUUUUUUUUUUUU- Pray to God my opponent is retarded and doesnt have Psyshock other wise either im going too lose 3-4 PKMN Latias can take a shadow ball and w/ DPulse, Skarm can take a FB if at sturdy and BB (scraping the barrel I know)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Phew* And thats that. Didin't realise how much work goes into these DAYUMN. If you haven't noticed this is my first RMT ever so I hope I haven't come across as a retard :S
If I've missed something I'll try and fit it after I've woken up!
As for the team, not a perfect team but one I enjoyed using it greatly.
As "whorey" as Skarm Bliss is 1) IDGAF 2) If you haven't noticed there is an Abomasnow on this team XD I need all the help I can get.
Battles showing this teams success will be posted on our channel come check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SweetnSourPkmnBattle
So raters.... I await you to tear me a new one :]

Your Latias should be Timid Nature by the way!
Other than that the team looks reasonably solid. I would suggest however atleast 1 pokemon unaffected by Hail e.g. a Magic Guard/Overcoat ability user, or a StallRein perhaps?

Latias should be Timid put more SPatk Evs on Latias and take out the 252Evs in HP, you can have Conkeldurr over Hariyama but I think you won't listen to me, conkeldurr has priority and Payback can 2HKO Latias, Also reduces your chance of your opponent using status moves.

@Rhyssa Fireheart
I think he won't agree on you with Conkeldurr because Hariyama can check Volcarona due to it's ability and Bulk, whereas Conkeldurr will more often than not get KO'd by a +1 Flamethrower/Fiery Dance

This may seem a little odd, but I'd recommend trying Sky Drop over Brave Bird on Skarmory. I say this because you will most likely have Toxic Spikes and Hail up, therefore you get a free turn that they can't attack but still take residual damage, due to your lefties you take nothing. I've never tried this but it seems like it's atleast worth trying

Don't listen to Rhyssa, he's an idiot...
I'd say removing the Speed Evs and putting them in defense for latias being your a roar set you'll want more bulk thgen speed
But yeah run Conkelldur over Hariyama
Hope I Helped :]

I'd say removing the Speed Evs and putting them in defense for latias being your a roar set you'll want more bulk thgen speed

Hey there. This is a really nice hail team so good job.

One suggestion that I have, however, is to run Hex over Protect on Tentacruel. Hail will negate Leftovers recovery so having Protect isn't as useful. Hex lets Tentacruel defeat Jellicent, the number 1 OU Spin-Blocker, quite easily even if it swithces in on only 1 layer of Toxic Spikes instead of 2. It also lets Tentacruel deal a solid 2HKO on a poisoned Starmie who can otherwise easily rapid spin against Tentacruel.

Again, nice team; the effective incorporation of Hariyama is cool too. Hope I helped, and good luck!

I really like your hail team, very solid. Just a couple things trouble me with the team. There is no answer for the Rotom-W+Scizor match up, which is pretty common (although I haven't laddered in about a week). Also you should always keep Latias alive because SubCM Jirachi will sweep you completely. Teams like this are very frustrating too play, so I will be using MixMence more often.

If you were to change anything, I would suggest swapping Hariyama for a Passho Berry Heatran that would clean up the your weaknesses. But that leaves you vulnerable to Tyranitar.

I would suggest however atleast 1 pokemon unaffected by Hail e.g. a Magic Guard/Overcoat ability user, or a StallRein perhaps?
I'd probably consider a Reuni in another Hail Team but I dont believe it to be neccessary for there to be an immunity to Hail, if a player chooses Hail as its weather. As I've stated before Ice type is terrible type, no two ways about it and I'd rather keep the weaknessess to a minimum.

Thanks for the rate!

Latias should be Timid put more SPatk Evs on Latias and take out the 252Evs in HP, you can have Conkeldurr over Hariyama but I think you won't listen to me, conkeldurr has priority and Payback can 2HKO Latias, Also reduces your chance of your opponent using status moves.
Not sure how to reply to this as you've missed the point ENTIRELY on what Latias' role is.
And your reasoning for Conkeldurr is pretty poor so no thanks!

This may seem a little odd, but I'd recommend trying Sky Drop over Brave Bird on Skarmory. I say this because you will most likely have Toxic Spikes and Hail up, therefore you get a free turn that they can't attack but still take residual damage, due to your lefties you take nothing. I've never tried this but it seems like it's atleast worth trying
I have seen Sky drop + TSpikes before but as I've already stated, in the OU meta there are alot of Leviaters/Steels/Balloon pkmn! Some matches I dont even bother wasting 2 turns setting up TSpikes.
Plus if you've never tried it, it really doesn't give me an incentive to use...

Regardless thanks for the rate!

LOL
But yeah I suppose I could add around 64 Def EVs so I'll try that and see if the speed drop makes any difference.
Conkeldurr just cant replace Hary as it can't take Volcarona 1 vs 1 even If Conk was Max SpD.
But regardless thank you for the rate I'll try adding Def Evs to Lati :]

Hey there. This is a really nice hail team so good job.

One suggestion that I have, however, is to run Hex over Protect on Tentacruel. Hail will negate Leftovers recovery so having Protect isn't as useful. Hex lets Tentacruel defeat Jellicent, the number 1 OU Spin-Blocker, quite easily even if it swithces in on only 1 layer of Toxic Spikes instead of 2. It also lets Tentacruel deal a solid 2HKO on a poisoned Starmie who can otherwise easily rapid spin against Tentacruel.

Again, nice team; the effective incorporation of Hariyama is cool too. Hope I helped, and good luck!
Thanks SIP, Protect has been kinda dead weight on this team so I'll give Hex a try as it sounds very interesting.
HAHA you have know idea how suprised I was when Hary actually worked!
Once again, Thank you very much for the rate!

I really like your hail team, very solid. Just a couple things trouble me with the team. There is no answer for the Rotom-W+Scizor match up, which is pretty common (although I haven't laddered in about a week). Also you should always keep Latias alive because SubCM Jirachi will sweep you completely. Teams like this are very frustrating too play, so I will be using MixMence more often.

If you were to change anything, I would suggest swapping Hariyama for a Passho Berry Heatran that would clean up the your weaknesses. But that leaves you vulnerable to Tyranitar.
Rotom-W + Scizor are common but I've honestly never had trouble with this core. Bliss handles them to good effect thanks to the Spe/SpA Evs.
And I've already stated (or atleast implied) in my strategy that Lati is ALWAYS around late game but yeah SubCMRachi is a massive pain.

Heatran is an interesting suggestion that I'll consider as it does cover my Volca weakness (providing it lacks HP Ground) but TTar becomes huge problem so I shall consider it.

Thank you for the rate!

Yeah... just one thing to say, its basically saying you're team is flawed.
So you set up hail, to do what? You're just slowly killing off your Blisseys and walls. You're not even running blizzard on Tentacruel or Latias so whats the point of that. You're not even using protect anywhere so what IS the point of your hail? The enemy switchs in.... blahblahblah, stuff happens blah.... out comes your skarmbliss... then they use a Gliscor and you're not even equipped with blizzard! Why flamethrower instead of blizzard on Blissey so they'll just destroy you. A steel type will stop latias cause you only have one move anyway. Steel types have seismic toss so... what anyway the hail will kill it anyway. Reniculus has magic guard anyway so you can use that as a hail blocker and even anything with blizzard. You don't need a full ice team with hail, its true but you can't have 5 pokemon that don't get any advantage with it. So I came up with some pokemon that will gain from your hail rather than get killed by it.
Reniculus, king of the tanks won't get hurt by hail and also with a impressive 125 sp.att you'll be killing.
Here goes, you're going to be needing at least one ice type anyway so you may as well use froslass for ice cloak and also blizzard.
Next I had a look for things that stall like **** and I came up with a UU (sorry) Mantyke with 140 sp.def and also fly, protect and sub its going to be **** annoying. You see, with weather you can't let it hinder you but help you. Sorry for being so negative but just speaking my mind here.

Listen to Reiko, your Latias spread sucks.

Latias @ Leftovers
252 Hp/252 Def/4 Spe
Bold

Calm Mind
Roost
Roar
Dragon Pulse

This is the only spread that should ever be run on Latias with the way you are using him. If thats not reason enough, my team got ranked at #13 on PBC thanks to that spread.

Politoed > Abomasnow.

I don't see what Aboma is doing for you. Its hail is cutting down the longevity of your own walls, especially Tentacruel, who is extremely crucial for spin support. Its not like hail's residual damage is that beneficial to you, either - you've got all three hazards and two phazers. I know the team is "hail stall" but it looks like hail is only there to have a weather changer. So, I think Abomasnow needs to be replaced, since it's hurting you more than it's helping you. Consider running Scarf Politoed in its place, who imo is a perfect replacement. Its just like Aboma in the sense that its a Scarfed weather changer, but its Drizzle supports your team sooo well. If you change Tentacruel's ability to Rain Dish, it becomes one of the most annoying Pokemon in the metagame. Latias / Bliss / Hariyama will actually get to use their Leftovers, and Skarmory can run Shed Shell [he's your only steel, and being trapped by Magnezone means that the CB Dragons that so often accompany it will completely thrash you] without fear of his own teammate's weather wearing him down.

Try it out, I think it'll work. Major props on using Hariyama, nice team!

Politoed > Abomasnow.
This in a nutshell :/. It's not really a "weather" team unless theirs some one to abuse it. The closest thing you have is... Skarmory? I mean, you're not even running blizzard on anything besides Snow.

I like the Hariyama set. It's unique and it works for the team. I really fail to see how conkledurr can fill it's role better ( I mean, who the fuck uses Conkle as a *Latias* counter? Not trying to be an ass, but common guys...).

At the end of the day though, poli just does a better job than Abomasnow. It totally negates an entire type, without presenting too much of a threat of the type it boosts. Tentacruel can run Raindish over liquid ooze, which makes it unfairly bulky.

For what it's worth, Concider running Hex over Protect. It lets you hit all spin blockers (baring Sayble Eye and Spiritomb) super effectively, most for 100 base due to spikes. Protect, at least in my experience, is definetly more of a scouting move than a defensive one.

Honestly, I think rain on this team would do 1000000x better, it'd add better synergy (though you'd probably have to replace Hariyama for Conkeldurr since IMO Conkeldurr would be much more useful on your team with rain since thick fat would be almost useless and Conkeldurr is better aside from Thick Fat on Hariyama) and your team wouldn't be hurt by it's own weather; Try the bulky Toed! Good team for the most part though.

I've been looking at your team and some of the posts on here, and one thing that is very common in this metagame is switch teams meaning Rotom + u-turn or more common Rotom/Scizor combo. That really just dismantles this team. So instead of running Roar on latias since you have 3 phazers counting Latias i might suggest running a Standard Calm mind Latias as it breaks the combo. Next i would point out Abomasnow really does nothing for your team and i would suggest switching Abomasnow for either tyranitar to set up rocks giving blissey an extra move slot, or running Politoad to help out Tentacruel on survivability but also reduces HP fires damage on Latias. It's really tough looking at this team. I also would like to suggest running a Chansey>Blissey seeing how it's bulkier and can Wish pass safer. Next i would like to suggest running a Gliscor instead of Hariyama seeing how Terrakion and other things are really big threats. It also helps abuse toxic spikes and help stall out teams.
Summery:
Hp fire > roar latias
Sand or Rain > Hail
Chansey > Blissey
Gliscor > Hariyama

Sets:
Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Wish

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Ice Fang
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Protect
This set also stalls out Rotom's Hydro pumps with a sub up.

Hope i helped, GL!

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think that weather does nothing for your team. In fact, I think you should just run non-weather. Since your team is so Magic Guard Alakazam weak, put a Gastrodon in that slot, who counters all Alakazam besides those that run Grass Knot, which Alakazam does not really have a moveslot for, the set being:
Gastrodon@ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
252 HP/4 SpA/252 Def
Sassy Nature (+SpD, -Spd)
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Toxic
Recover

This would cover your Alakazam weakness, as well as hard countering most of rain and Volcarona. Your team definitely does not need weather, while it does need a counter to Alakazam and rain.
Also, if you make this change, I think you should change Tentacruel for Forretress and Skarmory to a standard Ferrothorn. Forretress would provide you with Stealth Rock support, Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin support, as well as a solid physical wall, freeing a slot from Blissey so that Blissey can run Ice Beam to take on Gliscor and Flying types in general better. Ferrothorn would provide you with a competent spiking mixed wall. Ferrothorn has a high defense and special defense stat to work with. These Pokes would make your team much better IMO. The sets:
Forretress@ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
Stealth Rock
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Volt Switch

Ferrothorn@ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
252 HP/88 Def/4 SpD
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
Spikes
Leech Seed
Power Whip
Gyro Ball

At least consider these changes, and good luck!
P.S. I watch the channel you mention here and SourBawss. <3

Uhh whats the point of having abomasnow, hes the only one who benefits from hail and is not hit by it, so it seems like it would be hurting you as much as your opponent. In general abomosnow seems to be incredibly out of place, considering this is a stall team. A good replacement might be taunt+dd haxorus, as he can late game sweep once the opponents team is week and blocks opposing stall.

Having a spin blocker would benefit this team greatly. Someone like Eviolite Dusclops or even Gengar would help a lot. Also Sand would be nice. You could use Hippowdon that way.

Hippowdon@Leftovers
Sand Stream
Impish (+Def, -SAtk)
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SDef
Earthquake
Roar
Ice Fang
Slack Off

Dusclops@Eviolite
Pressure
Calm (+SDef, -Atk)
252 HP/ 80 Def/ 176 SDef
Nightshade
Will'o'wisp
Pain Split
Taunt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)