ORAS Ubers (Peaked #1 at 1911) Pohjis is my dad

Hello my name is Reje.
Pohjis is actually my dad and with his strength I finally got to Rank 1 with 1911 points!
I used a team that is pretty shit and now I'd like to RMT it.
The team is pretty standard Hyper Offense with a few twists, I don't think it's really good but I started using it after hitting 1800 and it's like 25-1 now.
Without further ado I'd like to present to you the team.

I don't really know what I was thinking when I created the team I was just like
"Let's put random shit together and give it a try!"
But to be honest, the team plays off of forcing Defogs to give Groudon the possibility of setting up Dual Dances or giving Mence the opportunity to get up a Sub/DD.

At the time the team was created there was still plethora of standard offense around, so the suicide lead on this team is Excadrill. I chose Excadrill over Deoxys-S or other suicide leads because it has a good chance of keeping Rocks/Spikes/T-Spikes and the like off the field until it dies.

The next mon was an obligatory Primal-Groudon. The set first run on this was a special based Rock Polish set, but with that there wasn't really anything to do against Lugia, so I changed it to Dual Dance. Dual Dance is a really nice wincon in most cases and still serves as a wallbreaker of sort.

I wanted to add my mega after this, so he just added the best mega in the game currently. It also happens that Salamence has similar checks to Dual Dance Groudon and Groudon in general, so they break for each other.

Xerneas was added because there's an obvious weakness to Yveltal and Darkrai. Xerneas serves as a kind of one time blanket check to both and especially eats Dark Void from Darkrai.

This mon was added as a secondary or well considering the last mon the tertiary Ekiller. I always wanted to use offensive Calm Mind Arceus-Ghost and that's why it's on the team. It might actually sound really terrible but it has proven to be a really solid addition to this team.

Ditto is pretty much a glue vs offense. It can either be really restricting on your opponents options to set up or just outright copy something that threatens the opponent aswell. It also serves as a wincon lategame if you weakened most of your opponents pokemon and Imposter something of value.

The Team

ᕙ(░ಥ╭͜ʖ╮ಥ░)━☆゚.*・。゚ (Excadrill) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Tomb/Toxic

This mon is probably the best Anti-Lead in the tier. I like it a lot more than Cloyster to be honest, it just feels better. The only real problem is that you can't fit in Rock Tomb and Toxic and I really don't know which of these is actually better. Considering that I do run Ditto on this team I guess Toxic is actually better though. Set it pretty standard, Jolly doesn't really lose anything in power and gives you significant speed especially when running Toxic. Rapid Spin to keep hazards off the field, Earthquake for obligatory STAB and damage. Stealth Rock cause it's the best move in the game and Excadrill does a pretty good job of keeping them up until it dies.

(=ಠ ل͟ ಠ=) (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake

Groudon is the best mon in Ubers. There is no doubt about it. And the Double Dance set compliments this team very well by breaking a lot of pokemon for Salamence and in general just wallbreak. Edge/Quake for good coverage, Rock Slide over Stone Edge mostly because of personal preference. Swords Dance and Rock Polish to compliment the Dual Dance part of the set.

໒( ಠ ڡ ಠ )७╭∩╮ (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 80 HP / 248 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
- Substitute

Mega Salamence is probably the best mega in the current Ubers metagame. It's raw power and speed are nearly unrivaled and it's bulk is insane. The original version had Earthquake over Substitute but I chose to go with Substitute because it makes my matchup vs Arceus-Water a little better by causing mindgames with Roost. Frustration is used because of it being the best neutral damage option for Mega Salamence. You could also run Double Edge for raw power but I personally prefer not to. Roost for instant HP recovery and getting rid of the 4 times Ice weakness so you can stall out Arceus-Waters Ice Beams.

(っ-̶●̃益●̶̃)っ (Xerneas) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 20 Def / 244 SpA / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk
- Geomancy
-

Xerneas is mostly run to stop Darkrai. Since it is such a big threat because I'm not running Ekiller I need something else especially to absorb sleep. Scarf Xerneas was the obvious option here. Moves are pretty self explanatory. Moonblast because STAB, Sleep Talk to be able to hit something while sleeping. Geomancy is used for the odd case that you get Knocked Off by Yveltal and the opponent doesn't think about this move and tries to abuse that Xerneas doesn't have a Choice Scarf anymore. it also can't be rolled by Sleep Talk so it's not an issue otherwise.

┴┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬ (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover/Substitute
- Focus Blast

Yeah so this is a special snowflake. I didn't wanna use Ekiller so I somehow chose to run this. And it proved to be a valuable addition to the team. It does it's job quite well and max SpA Judgment actually does a lot of damage. Judgment is the obligatory stab, doing tremendous damage to anything not being resistant or immune to it. Focus Blast is there to hit Normal types, especially Ekiller. Recover to get HP back and Calm Mind to have a way of even thinking to damage Ho-Oh and maybe sweep lategame. Substitute can also be run over Recover to dodge status, but Recover is preferred for the sweeping potential.

╭∩╮( ͡° ل͟ ͡° )╭∩╮(Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP
- Transform
-
-
-

Ditto is basically the thing that causes HO to not completely roll over this team. It certainly helps a lot with +2 Xerneas, +2 Speed Groudon and the like.

Conclusion

This Team is really fun to use and it pretty much helped me getting the last 100 or so points to get
Rank 1 on the Ubers ladder. Have fun using it!

ᕙ(░ಥ╭͜ʖ╮ಥ░)━☆゚.*・。゚ (Excadrill) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Tomb

(=ಠ ل͟ ಠ=) (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake

╭∩╮( ͡° ل͟ ͡° )╭∩╮ (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP
- Transform
-
-
-

(っ-̶●̃益●̶̃)っ (Xerneas) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 20 Def / 244 SpA / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk
- Geomancy
-

┴┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬ (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Focus Blast

໒( ಠ ڡ ಠ )७╭∩╮ (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 80 HP / 248 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Roost
- Substitute

Shoutouts

Pohjis Leru ShadowQuinn Parameter Freestylerking VictoriasDelibirds James Jimmy

Have seen a lot of variations of this team, it's just how effective it is. I do agree that Ditto is very important to the build, it's such a huge nuisance and very underrated. Congrats on the peak, but tbh I am more interested in the team you used to ladder before this one. Maybe you could let me in on that?

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Not much to say here really since this is the classic anti-ladder HO squad. Sort of amazing how the build hasn't changed in the last two and a half years.

Anyway, this squad is pretty prone to matchup problems if you ever decide to use it off the ladder, but that should already be kinda obvious. I've run Dragon Claw over Rock Polish on P Don with max Speed to mess with Gira-O BOs. Gira-O can eliminate lead Exca hazards, but the fast SD P Don with Claw offsets this matchup to an extent due to how it pressures these teams' Ground immunities. You might also want a Mence that is better at coming into Ho-Oh.

If you ever wanted to try and get Spikes on here you can go Deo-S over Exca, but yea you lose Spin and some other quirks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)