PGL Medals

So, I just noticed that if you check your Medals page on Pokemon Global Link, there are some provided for reaching the top 1,000 and 500 worldwide in any season and format of Battle Spot. (There might be one for top 100 as well; not sure as I think I fell out of that range before the date below.) Ex., I have the Rotation medals below:

I thought was pretty cool, and it's probably the closest PGL comes to permanently recognizing success in a season other than keeping rankings on file. Who else has these? Does anyone have them all? Thought it would be cool to have a thread just to show off your cyber-bling, independent of the leaderboard topic.

Edit, with profile evidence: http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/W-567-8007-R/medal

To check your medals:

Log into your account at Pokemon Global Link (which you must have set up in order to participate in Rating Battles).

Select Profile in the top left.

Select Medals from the list of options in the left-hand column.

Either scroll down until you find Battle-related medals or filter by Battle at the top. The Rating Battle Top medals will appear toward the bottom of the list.

You can also include a link to your medals page by setting your Privacy options to "Everyone" (at the top of the page) and pasting the link here.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
I like the idea of this thread. :) I don't have any street cred, as I don't have a top x medal. T_T However! I just completed my team (which I spent too long proooocrastinating to get a good rating this season), but I'll practice with what's left of this season and try hard to ladder for next season, lol.

One recommendation, Whiskey Tango: you should provide simple instructions in the OP on how to view your medals, and what to look for for if you do and do not have the swag bling. Like, for example, the medal is a blue battle medal. If you do not see it in that section, and the medals switch to pink fun medals, then you haven't earned one.

One recommendation, Whiskey Tango: you should provide simple instructions in the OP on how to view your medals, and what to look for for if you do and do not have the swag bling. Like, for example, the medal is a blue battle medal. If you do not see it in that section, and the medals switch to pink fun medals, then you haven't earned one.
Done and done.

Re: Above, ah, so there are top 100 medals! I need to get that Rotation one this season then; sitting at 199 right now. That's an impressive list.

EDIT -- I'm not sure what triggers these. I'd thought previously that maybe it just picked a certain date far enough into the season to prevent people from snagging them on day one, but I hit the top 1,000 in triples the other day (generous thanks to EnGarde who provided three Pokemon on my team), and the medal hasn't shown up yet. Anyone know what's up with that?

Last edited:
Done and done.

Re: Above, ah, so there are top 100 medals! I need to get that Rotation one this season then; sitting at 199 right now. That's an impressive list.

EDIT -- I'm not sure what triggers these. I'd thought previously that maybe it just picked a certain date far enough into the season to prevent people from snagging them on day one, but I hit the top 1,000 in triples the other day (generous thanks to EnGarde who provided three Pokemon on my team), and the medal hasn't shown up yet. Anyone know what's up with that?
It usually takes them probably 15 days or so to apply them to users' profiles. What I think they do (I could be wrong) is they go over logs to see if there were any rating battles that didn't get counted or w/e. They had noticed that once and then added those battles into calculating the ratings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)