Phobias.

Elevators and Airplanes. Hate them both so much. I will take the stairs to just about any floor, and I have to be on mild sedatives to willingly board an aircraft. I think it's the loss of control because heights don't get to me when i'm hiking or looking out a building window.

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
sorry to be "that guy", but i really like spiders and think they are v cool and fascin8ng!!
>8< spider pryde

Also, I am really afraid of bees. All manner of bees and bee-like insects. Bumblebees I'm starting to get better with, but if I see a hornet or yellow jacket I can't do anything productive until it goes away.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
I got Hemophobia. Can't stand going to the doctors to get my blood taken. I'm okay with a tiny cut on the finger, but a gash or worse can sometimes make me faint. Movie blood doesn't seem to be a problem though, so I guess it's just my blood I can't stand to look at.

Crux

Banned deucer.
As I am posting this there are three spiders on the ceiling of my room. I fucking hate Australia. I fucking hate spiders asdfasdgslafkhdgalkjaews

Heho time for my contribution!

Agoraphobia - If I'm in a group of more than 5 people I start to get really nervous and antsy, and if I'm in a large crowd of people I freak out a bit. In mosh pit-esq places, I break down and hyperventilate, cry and cannot function.

Apiphobia - I cannot function at the sight of a bee/wasp/yellow jacket/etc. If I'm stuck near one I will again curl up and freak out, cry, etc.

Claustrophobia - Small places don't bother me unless I can't move. As soon as I have difficulty moving, I start having problems.

Gerontophobia - ! Fear of aging. Peter Pan complex?

Fear of losing control - No name, but if I'm in a situation which I have no control over, I freak out.

Obesophobia - Fear of gaining weight / being overweight. I've mostly got this one kicked, thankfully.

There's some more but I think I've contributed enough for now ^_^

I've not got any extreme reactions like breaking down but whenever a fly or any buzzing flying fucker is near me I freak. The sound of the buzzing goes. Shivers down my spine. I flail, and bolt away from it. If a wasp is near my head. I Just go mental. The advice is to stay still and let them fly away but I just run. I've toned down the screaming to mere wimpering. The noise completely unsettles me and I cease to function like a rational human being. If I control it. I can trap wasps in glasses and release them. I hate killing them because they never do anything to me. I always make sure I get them big ass flies and bees to leave the room but Wasps I have to capture and then release.

It's weird though because I'm completely immune to the sting of a wasp. I sat on a wasp and it stung my ass 5 times before dying. I didn't feel it until I felt a small lump on my ass in the shower where the sting had been. No pain or discomfort which makes the fear even more irrational. I think Bumblebees are the cutest, fuzzy little bumbly things ever aswell.

whatever-ing that Spiders are really cool

I have a few social phobias. Talking on the phone and writing emails to people I don't know very well are my main ones. On the phone, I get so nervous that my voice shakes and my palms sweat and I will do anything to get out of actually making a phone call. This does not apply to people I know well, such as my friends or my parents; I can call them just fine. With emails, I just freeze up whenever I have to send a new one... I can never think of what to say. When I do manage to send an email, I always get really scared of how the other person is going to respond, so I sometimes go for weeks without looking at my emails. Same applies to similar things like VMs, though those are less frightening since no one on here really has any influence over my future. But real-time chats with relative strangers are the worst-- I can't even bring myself to go on IRC most of the time. OH and I can't stand public speaking!!! I just get soooo nervous. I am basically the embodiment of the socially awkward penguin meme... and it sucks, because I know my social phobias are doing me a ton of harm, but I haven't been able to get over them, and I've had them for pretty much my whole life :(

yuppppppp i'm a loser UGH

How do you differentiate a Phobia and just a strong dislike, I guess Phobias are more extreme?

I don't think I have any phobias myself, I don't really like Bees / Wasps though. I have the opposite of the fear of heights, I love being up high.

They are some weird phobias though, Omphalophobia

I have a few social phobias. Talking on the phone and writing emails to people I don't know very well are my main ones. On the phone, I get so nervous that my voice shakes and my palms sweat and I will do anything to get out of actually making a phone call. This does not apply to people I know well, such as my friends or my parents; I can call them just fine. With emails, I just freeze up whenever I have to send a new one... I can never think of what to say. When I do manage to send an email, I always get really scared of how the other person is going to respond, so I sometimes go for weeks without looking at my emails. Same applies to similar things like VMs, though those are less frightening since no one on here really has any influence over my future. But real-time chats with relative strangers are the worst-- I can't even bring myself to go on IRC most of the time. OH and I can't stand public speaking!!! I just get soooo nervous. I am basically the embodiment of the socially awkward penguin meme... and it sucks, because I know my social phobias are doing me a ton of harm, but I haven't been able to get over them, and I've had them for pretty much my whole life :(

yuppppppp i'm a loser UGH
Since you incorporated a meme into your post, I thought I'd do the same. I know that feel bro.png I don't really consider my awkwardness a phobia, but I guess you're right. Getting nervous probably stems from the fear of doing something wrong.

I have extreme social anxiety. I never look at people when they talk to me, and I can't relax unless I'm alone. I refuse to talk in class when teachers ask me to, and I never complete assignments that would require me to work with anyone or present information. I never talk to anyone I don't know well, and I never initiate conversations with anyone for any reason. I can easily talk to people online though, as long as I don't know them in person.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Or you're a nerd or a teenager?

I have a terrible fear of throwing valuables out the windows of a car, down the staircase, off the top of buildings, or dropping it into the crack between the elevator and the floor. These "valuables" include my phone, DS, laptop, babies, or small dogs. Fuck.

Or you're a nerd or a teenager?

I have a terrible fear of throwing valuables out the windows of a car, down the staircase, off the top of buildings, or dropping it into the crack between the elevator and the floor. These "valuables" include my phone, DS, laptop, babies, or small dogs. Fuck.
Hey I thought I was the only one! I have to roll up the windows to make sure that I wont have some strange urge to throw them out.

I forgot to add one anyway. I'm a huge commitment phobe. I can't commit to relationships, friendships, projects, etc. The thought of anything lasting more than a week terrifies me and as a result I rarely, if ever finish long term assignments or projects. I've never had a relationship that has lasted more than 3 months and I can't text a person non stop for more than a week. Its pretty annoying!

I actually found myself with this terrible fear wouldn't consider it a phobia though..

I am actually pretty terrified of running and falling and start crying in an important place like a party or in the school auditorium. I don't know I have always had this ''thing'' with me. I get scared at parties because I think it may happen..

Ophidiophobia - Whenever I see a snake, I always freak out. Last time I saw one, I was mowing the lawn, and I got so jumpy, I fell off the mower.

Ophthalmophobia - Also, I cannot stand being stared at. Whenever someone has been staring at me for more than about 30 seconds, I turn the other direction, and run as fast as humanly possible.

That's all I've got.

I'm afraid that my pillow will crawl over my face at night and suffocate me.

EDIT: There is no phobia for fear of pillows :(

Every since I broke my arm during a cross country race when I was 11 or something like that I've been afraid of claustrophobic around people but not in tight spaces (with no people).

Heho time for my contribution!

Agoraphobia - If I'm in a group of more than 5 people I start to get really nervous and antsy, and if I'm in a large crowd of people I freak out a bit. In mosh pit-esq places, I break down and hyperventilate, cry and cannot function.

Just interested, when I was young I used to freeze solid when I went to this big gathering of people, my moves get very stiff and I would barely be able to turn my head into any direction. Of course as I used to go out more often these symptoms started to get less severe and for a couple of years now it's been history, so it the same thing or phobias are thing you can't get rid of?

In any case I get a somewhat dizzy when I'm in a tall sky scraper looking down, actually a painful headache but I don't have any problems going up mountains and stuff like that. I also hate elevators (especially since I read a story about a child getting killed by standing on the door of the elevator and then it suddenly plunged down on his head) but use them anyway. I also suck at using telephones, I used to be awkward and mix up things, but with more practice I just sound uncomfortable, I prefer to handle things via e-mail, text or face to face.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)