Player of the Week 21: Can-Eh-Dian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Favorite Pokemon: Rampardos
Most used Pokemon: Uxie
Most known for: Modding the NU room and using fun shit that actually works.​

~~~​

Disjunction: So why is your name what it is?

Can-Eh-Dian: Basically I wanted to pick a name that people could recognize me by. I knew I was Canadian and I'm good at making awful puns so it came natural to me.

Disjunction: What's your favorite pokemon type?
Can-Eh-Dian: Probably Electric types because they all have pretty cool designs and there are a lot of fun electric types to mess around with in NU

Disjunction: Do you have a favorite team archetype?
Can-Eh-Dian: Probably Bulky Offense because I like the concept of being able to take hits, while at the same time dealing out hits. Alot of my first teams and most of my succesful teams have been Bulky Offense, although recently i've been experimenting with HO and Stall builds.

Disjunction: How did you come to competitive battling/smogon?
Can-Eh-Dian: When I was younger, I had seen a couple videos from people like Haydunn playing 4th gen NU and I always thought it was really cool but I didnt know how to breed, battle etc. Then last year I found out about PS! from some kids in one of my classes. Naturally, I hopped on showdown when I got home, made a shitty team around shedinja and laddered for a bit. I was drawn to Smogon when I started reading RMTs that I could steal and there were all sorts of beautiful well written ones. However, it still kinda remained as an on/off hobby that I would do if I was bored until last August when I really became involved in NU and the NU room.

Disjunction: What is your favorite aspect of competitive battling? (Teambuilding, battling, etc)
Can-Eh-Dian: Teambuilding for sure, and it would be more enjoyable if i was any good at it lol. Being able to explore a bunch of possible combinations and the mental excerise that goes along with it is really enjoyable. That's also the reason I opened the Teambuilding Lab is because half the time when im talking to friends im building teams anyways so It just seemed like a good fit.

Disjunction: What's your favorite element of NU?
Can-Eh-Dian: The best part of NU is that I can just grab something thats normally regarded as a shitty mon and find out that in the certain meta it actually has a pretty big niche. Stuff like Raichu, Drifblim, Arbok, and Floatzel are all half decent mons which most people would just dismiss (not so much raichu in this meta tho. Try zebstrika). Oh and ofc i got to shoutout the community because its really cool with genuinely nice people like Ras and Zeb running the tier.

Disjunction: Which generation of NU have you enjoyed the most?
Can-Eh-Dian: Well considering i'm a newer player, relative to some others i'm going to have to say XY. I played BW2, but not enough to where I could really appreciate the tier and how it works. XY is the tier that I grew up in and will always have some sort of sentimental value to it.

Disjunction: If you could make any change to the NU tier list, what would it be?
Can-Eh-Dian: Way to word the question ;]. Ofc theres the obligatory FREE HITMONCHAN, M BANETTE, AND SKUNK (raseri), but something that would be cool and would diversify the tier would be if all the mega's Base Forms dropped to their respective tiers because we would probably get cool shit like Gardevoir, Ampharos, and Zard. Its never going to happen but one can dream.

Disjunction: Which NU player(s) do you admire the most?
Can-Eh-Dian: Admire is kind of a weird word when talking about other players. I certainly respect and enjoy watching tournament players like Cased, Zeb, SG etc because they're at a level that I aspire to achieve myself. But I also respect people like Tennis who I can sit in a call with for hours and he never gets tired of playing this game. It astonishes me how people can do that lol.

Disjunction: Do you have any advice for anyone new to NU?
Can-Eh-Dian: If you really want to improve, the forums are your friend. They contain everything you need to turn yourself into a better player, just make sure that if you're new to follow the conduct of the other posters. Lurking is a good thing and when you make posts, try and match the quality of users who are recognized as quality posters. It just makes it more enjoyable for everyone. Oh and if you just want a place to hang out and arent really uber-competitve then stop by the NU room :].

Disjunction: Where are you most active? (Pokemon Showdown, Smogon, IRC...)
Can-Eh-Dian: Early on I was definitely more active in the NU room because it was a good place for me to meet new people and establish a place in the community. Recently though I've been much more active on the forums because the forums are a super fun place to be of you're really active. I hope to try and get more active on IRC but its always dead when I go there :[

Disjunction: Do you have any current goals that you want to meet as a player?
Can-Eh-Dian: Of course I want to improve to the point where I can be a sucessful tour player, who doesn't? That being said some things I really want to achieve in the future are Forum Moderator, PS! RO, and maybe if i'm lucky NUTL.

Disjunction: Could you give us a sort of mini-RMT of a favorite team of yours to give us an example of your play style?
Can-Eh-Dian: http://hastebin.com/degucewide.md

I wanted to build around Dual Pixies because in theory they can break each others checks allowing each other to sweep. Garb + Toad is a pretty standard.hazard stacking core that beats a ton of the metagame right now. Toxic Garbodor gives me a fighting chance against Barrier + CM Mush which is a huge threat. Kangaskhan allows me to check fast threats like Typhlosion and Sneasel that would normally be a lot of trouble for me. AV Mag is a nice Wallbreaker and Fire check that also beats Lilligant which is another huge threat. Not the best team but a fun offensive one using some of my favourite mons.

~~~​

Thank you Can-Eh-Dian for participating this week! Feel free to ask our player whatever burning questions you'd like to hear!

Can we seriously just change the wording of "Which NU player(s) do you admire the most?" to respect because everyone brings up that admire is a weird word there or they don't admire someone but respect _____?

What would you say are some of your favourite more underrated/uncommon mons are right now?

Pleasure to read about you :]

goals for the next few months?
what is the definition of an "innovation"?
if you could take the shoes of anyone irl for a day, who would it be?
do you envy anyone? (dont give me the same, "nah i dont envy anyone im perfect" thing)

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can we seriously just change the wording of "Which NU player(s) do you admire the most?" to respect because everyone brings up that admire is a weird word there or they don't admire someone but respect _____?

What would you say are some of your favourite more underrated/uncommon mons are right now?
POTW 22: Admiration is dead.

Hello there my fellow Canuck, I would like to pose the following questions to you:

1) What is your favorite move to use?

2) What is your favorite typing?

3) If you could add one more dual type pokemon to the meta-game what would it be, why?

4) Who was, in your mind, our greatest Prime Minister?

I would also like to thank you for your time.

ur mum hehe bwoi

Arbok, Floatzel and Zebstrika are all 3 really cool mons that I've been using recently. They all have their respective niches and they're just cool mons in general

Pleasure to read about you :]

goals for the next few months?
what is the definition of an "innovation"?
if you could take the shoes of anyone irl for a day, who would it be?
do you envy anyone? (dont give me the same, "nah i dont envy anyone im perfect" thing)
1. Win NUPL obviously, and like I said i'm hoping that I stay active enough and become a good enough user to get forum mods, Room Owner, TL etc.
2. When you can grab something that others deem unviable and give it a niche/realize it has a niche that actually accomplishes something in the current metagame. Examples are like Solarbeam Crustle to beat Seismitoad, Lead Rampardos to beat Crustle Offense, Raichu to beat all the M-Lix + Mantine cores etc.
3. Justin Verlander because he gets to be a major league baseball player and bang kate upton
4. I envy how easy this game comes to some people, especially in the teambuilding department. Some people just have a knack for making great teams or making the right plays and i'm not really one of those people.

Hello there my fellow Canuck, I would like to pose the following questions to you:

1) What is your favorite move to use?

2) What is your favorite typing?

3) If you could add one more dual type pokemon to the meta-game what would it be, why?

4) Who was, in your mind, our greatest Prime Minister?

I would also like to thank you for your time.
1. Assist (specifically on furret BP) because its hilarious to get like evasion and completely pull a game out of my ass.
2. ^ see above I said electric
3. a Fire/Poison type would be cool for the meta, maybe something like Heatmor
4. diefenbaker because he was the reason that they built "diefenbunkers"

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
I knew I was Canadian
well, thats a good start..

- Next time you come out east, wanna swing by a Tims with me?
- Favourite hockey team?
- What mlb stadiums have you attended games at?
- Why do we say "bye bye" but not "hi hi"?
- If you're caught "between a rock and a hard place", is the rock not hard?
- How does a shepherd count his flock without falling asleep?
- If you had x-ray vision, but you closed your eyes, could you still see?
- Would you rather take it in the mouth or from behind?
- Do you stand up to wipe after pooping, or do you stay seated? Do you fold your toilet paper, or do you scrunch it up into a ball?
- Do you keep your wallet in your back pocket or your front pocket? Where do you keep your phone?

That's all, grats on being Player of the Week!

well, thats a good start..

- Next time you come out east, wanna swing by a Tims with me?
- Favourite hockey team?
- What mlb stadiums have you attended games at?
- Why do we say "bye bye" but not "hi hi"?
- If you're caught "between a rock and a hard place", is the rock not hard?
- How does a shepherd count his flock without falling asleep?
- If you had x-ray vision, but you closed your eyes, could you still see?
- Would you rather take it in the mouth or from behind?
- Do you stand up to wipe after pooping, or do you stay seated? Do you fold your toilet paper, or do you scrunch it up into a ball?
- Do you keep your wallet in your back pocket or your front pocket? Where do you keep your phone?

That's all, grats on being Player of the Week!
1. sounds good i might go to school out there too 0_o
2. Leafs baby #WENEEDMCDAVID
3. sadly, only toronto and cincinatti
4. by the time we finish talking to someone, we're extra excited to stop so we say bye twice
5. you tell me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
6. he uses a calculator
7. no because you sleep in the dark nerd
8. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
9. sit and ball ofc is there any other way?
10. Front and Front

:]

-On a scale of 1 to 10 of low ladder strats where do you rate emolga pass?
-Most overrated and underrated mon in nu atm?
-Do you strictly only talk to boys on forums?
-Will you eventually change your ct to some meaningful quote about feelings?

-On a scale of 1 to 10 of low ladder strats where do you rate emolga pass?
-Most overrated and underrated mon in nu atm?
-Do you strictly only talk to boys on forums?
-Will you eventually change your ct to some meaningful quote about feelings?
it loses to furret BP but haydunn says its good so 9/10
underrated is probably arbok that thing is sick, overrated is probably weezing its actually not that good at all
only when im not talking to ur mum hehe bwoi
probably if I end up getting promoted on the forums

Mex-Eh-Can

MOST CANCEROUS MONS IN NU
Overrated mon?
Underrated mon?
Most gimmicky set that you've successed with?
Rate me pls
Whos better at Smashing: Rampardos or Bouffalant
do you agree with Dentrico's promotion
Is it true your fav food is ramen
Thoughts on cute mon: Choice Specs Aurorus
and

is it true that Canadians use Hockey sticks as a replacement for lotsa stuff???

Mex-Eh-Can

MOST CANCEROUS MONS IN NU
Overrated mon?
Underrated mon?
Most gimmicky set that you've successed with?
Rate me pls
Whos better at Smashing: Rampardos or Bouffalant
do you agree with Dentrico's promotion
Is it true your fav food is ramen
Thoughts on cute mon: Choice Specs Aurorus
and

is it true that Canadians use Hockey sticks as a replacement for lotsa stuff???
nothing is really cancerous rn, smashpass is kinda cancerous but everything else is fine. Emolgapass is cancerous because it's so common and so bad but other than that its fine
overrated: Weezing
underrated: Arbok
i've swept a couple games with contrary spinda assist + a bunch of teammates with stat dropping moves but that's low ladder OU so I think the best is definitely Furret BP where i beat Marilli by getting evasion.
7.8/10 too much calling me the wrong name
rampardos for sure
he's been in chat long enough and proven to the mods that he's capable and deserves it so yeah
no who told you that
it #6-0BODYBAGSHOFUSTYLE's pretty much all of QueenOfLuvdiscs teams so its pretty COOL
maybe northern canada but they're all weird as fuck up there

Last edited:
grats on player of the week fren :]. I have a couple questions for ya.

1) on a scale from 1 to dank how dank are your memes?
and
2) Do you get more girls by playing mons or baseball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)