Please Help... I need it.

Okay, I made a few changes. Maybe I shouldn't even use Umbreon if he isn't going to be a lead? I could always wait until a time where quick Taunt leads are less common.

Okay, I made a few changes. Maybe I shouldn't even use Umbreon if he isn't going to be a lead? I could always wait until a time where quick Taunt leads are less common.
I wouldn't use Umbreon at all. Much better walls exist.

Donphan could help this team out some. You could set up Stealth Rocks and pHaze with it, which is important, while having a sturdy physical wall. Donphan aslo has more attack options than umbreon, such as Ice Shard or EQ.

If you want. Sp.def, try Blissey or a Sassy Bronzong.

If I was going to use anyone to use stealth rock I would want to choose Hippowdon, but that would be a bad idea because of Sand Stream, as with Tyranitar. Not that it's a bad idea, but there are definitely better options.
What's wrong with Gliscor or Skarmory?

Gliscor maybe... but not Skarmory. I really don't like using things that everyone uses... I know that sometimes it is the best way to go, but I'm not a huge fan of the standard team.

Yeah. I don't mind using some, like obviously you see Salamence is on my team. I just prefer to think a little more for myself a bit. I'm not gonna go as far as using an UU team in standard play, but I'd like to be original.

What about Rhyperior? I think I'd lean towards Rhyperior, or possibly Donphan.

I'm thinking either Rhyperior, Gliscor, or Hippowdon for Stealth Rock support and Defensive Wall. Clearly they all are good at both. I am slightly more inclined to pick Rhyperior because it has an ability that I will actually benefit from, and much more Attack, Defense, AND HP than the other two. The only problem is that he can't recover in any way, and his Special Defense (Base 55, as opposed to 72 and 75 on Hippowdon and Gliscor respectively) kind of sucks...

Baton Pass is useful for scouting. It's actually specsjolt's best move, allowing it's teammates to set up after the pass to a counter.

Okay I understand now. I'll definitely leave it then :D... Not that there really is any other choice on a SpecsJolt.

What do you all think of the changes I made? Rhyperior over Umbreon and Hidden Power and Wish on Vaporeon.

Mixed(with Life Orb/HP Ice) Infernape > 3/6 Pokemon on just about any team.

Is there any advice you could give me to make my team better?

All right... I've been using Rhyperior. It is working out okay. I'd definitely be open to alternatives, but it is going well. HP on Vaporeon is working wonders. I like that Vaporeon much better now. The Jolteon lead is also great. It takes out soo many things. It usually at leastt gets one KO.

What would a bulky mence Dragon Dance set be like?
Salamence @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Jolly
216 HP / 216 Def / 76 Speed
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Roost

Life Orb is nice if you want a bit more power, and Roost means you don't have to worry about recoil. The Speed is meant to outspeed Heracross and Lucario, Roosting before they can Stone Edge. It pummels them with Dragon Claw and Earthquake, respectively.

I don't know if I would want to sacrifice so much attacking power. With no attack EVs, and no Adamant nature, I feel like I wouldn't be strong enough.

Major weakness: HP Ice Mix-Ape

He hits super effectively on 5/6th of your team and will OHKO 4 of them. Sceptile is faster but won't get rid of the threat anytime soon. You need a revenge killer or a tank that'll stand up to him and OHKO right back. Right now, I can't think of one who could do that but I would suggest switching it with rhyperior.

Major weakness: HP Ice Mix-Ape

He hits super effectively on 5/6th of your team and will OHKO 4 of them. Sceptile is faster but won't get rid of the threat anytime soon. You need a revenge killer or a tank that'll stand up to him and OHKO right back. Right now, I can't think of one who could do that but I would suggest switching it with rhyperior.
I usually get Mix-Apes as starters. Sometimes I thunderbolt with Jolteon, which does nice damage, as long as I am faster of course, or switch into Vaporeon. I usually run into a close combat with Vaporeon. If I end up with more than half HP, I can kill it. If he switches out, so do I. Then I usually just try to set up with Salamence or Agiligross so I can be ready for it on the switch in.

I don't think you see Mix-Apes as starters. Most apes who lead off are the fake-out variety. I use my mix-ape as a late game sweeper because no tank can stand up to him.

Substititute on Jolteon or there isn't anything to pass.

Umbreon is a terrible wall this Gen as Close Combat and other fighting moves are the death of it.

No, Baton Pass is for seeing a counter. If I send him out and my opponent has a Pokemon out that it is obviously countered by Jolteon, I use Baton Pass. Then I can see what Pokemon they switch to, and choose the counter accordingly. If they don't have a counter, then next time I attack. It's just for safety, and it works. Also, there is literally nothing else to put on a Choice Specs set.

Anyone else?

I personally think that the most effective (and somewhat gimmicky) Sceptile is the sub-endeavor version who sports leaf storm and quick attack, along with a petaya berry. Consider it. I feel that no matter the stats on Rhyperior, he fails, and this is from experience. The trapping/yawning potential is invaluable in eliminating weakness your team may face, and with a little prediction, you can easily get 2 or 3 traps out of your Umby! Wish support from vaporeon is crucial in the trap-execution of Umbreon and I am surprised to see protect and or toxic absent from your vaporeon. Vaporeon is an ultimate staller, and although the toxic stall set seems overused, as it may be, without any stealth rock, spikes, or toxic spikes down it would be a great asset. Agilicross and salamence look fine, but I would suggest that Jolt drop the dry BP, it is impractical and strategically useless most games. Furthermore, the Umbreon, which I recommend being put back in commission, utilize yawn, wish, meanlook, and baton pass, then to your agilicross, who can agility off and wreak some havoc! Hope I helped, and Refrigeratr.

If you are looking for a solid rhyperior replacement, check out swampert. The physical version learns earthquake, stone edge, avalanche aswell and has stab waterfall should you want more water coverage. What he has over rhyperior is his typing. Swampert is only weak to grass which you have several pokemon who resist this. He is also a great user of stealth rock and roar. It also makes a solid lead. Another pokemon that might benefit your team is dusknoir. It takes physical and special hits like a champ while using willow wisp to status, pain split for recovery, and your choice between the elemental punches and stab attacks for coverage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)