Please help me with this team & any suggestions

Hi I’m completely new to this so sorry in advance. I’m used to playing/battling casually on switch and Pokémon go. So don’t know much about more competitive battling. Currently building different teams for each section on showdown and different combinations to see what I like. Right now I’m working on my OU team. Not sure if I’m making the most of each ones moves/coverage moves. Trying to use moves to cover the most common types/Pokémon. Don’t know much about the different uses either so correct me if I’m wrong. Tried my best to copy others forum so if layout isn’t right let me know! I don’t know much about the Tera types either so don’t know who to use or what for that. I only really played sw/sh, let’s go pikachu, Pokémon go, sun/moon, and a little bit s/v. Looking to see if you have suggestions for the rest of my team or if I should change anything.

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Infilitrator
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Darts
-Psychic Fangs
-Phantom Force

Dragapult is probably my favorite dragons. Not to mention the ghost type added, which ghosts types are one of my favorites. Life orb is to raise the attack, but I’m not a fan of moves/items or things that confusion or recoil even though it’s not the worst. Dragapult is to used to go against fighting and poison types. Possibly used for a sweeper or wall breaker?

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Careful Nature
-Iron Defense
-Body Press
-Brave Bird
-Roost

Corviknight is definitely an interesting type and probably one of my favorite flying types with the added steel. Roost is to drop the flying type so it’ll be a pure steel and iron defense for better defense especially with brave bird as the main STAB. Using for offensive and bulk.

Great Tusk @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Headlong Rush
-Rapid Spin
-Close Combat
-Play Rough

Not too sure about this guy as I don’t know much about him. I like the fighting/ground combo. Maybe not the move play rough? Couldn’t decide between headlong rush or earthquake. Using for defensive and bulk, should I use bulk up instead for extra bulkiness?

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP/48 Def/212 SpD
Bold Nature
-Recover
-Toxic Spikes
-Haze
-Sludge Bomb

I love Toxapex. If I had a monotype water team or even a poison it would definitely be who I choose. No useful water type moves I can use instead? Or if maybe a water type pokemon or any Pokémon that can use a water type move. Definitely would be used for setting up.

Hatterene @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP/252 Spe/4 Def
-Dazzling Gleam/Draining Kiss
-Mystical Fire
-Psyshock/Psychic
-Thunder Wave/Calm Mind

I like Hatterene. I think she’s my favorite psychic/fairy. Maybe could use better coverage moves to help with ghost, steel, and poison weakness but maybe another team member can help with that. Not to sure on thunder wave, so probably should change it. It’ll be my main Pokémon to switch in with.
Cinderace @ Heavy Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpD/252 SpD
-Pyro Ball
-Sucker Punch
-High Jump Kick
-Court Change

Wasn’t sure who to choose for my last Pokémon so I chose Cinderace since it was my main on sw/sh. Probably won’t keep him on, I would prefer a more balanced team that can cover many types so if anyone can suggest a replacement or if he should stay? He would be for offensive plus the move court change could help with any hazards possibly.
Thanks for any comments and suggestions.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Why did you choose this Pokemon?
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it?
What are all 4 moves for?

Freed - ken

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ken

1LDK

Trial by fury
is a Top Team Rater
Hey, welcome to competitive Pokémon in OU, this tier is filled to the brim with offensive and defensive monsters, and while your overall selection of Pokémon seems good, I think a heavy rework is needed, but that's why I'm here to help

:Dragapult: will get a heavy rework, we will be using a Choice Specs set, the reasoning being that, the meta has less special walls than physical walls, so dragapult goes quite hard, we will be using tera ghost for maximun spam damage

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Draco Meteor is also a spammable move that will help you out, flamethrower is helpfull for common steel types like Kingambit, Gholdengo and Corviknight, while remaining useful for things like Amoongus and tera steel mons. U-turn is for keeping momentum in case you think your opponent will switch out into a resist

:Corviknight: will also get a bit of a rework, while quite passive, It's still usefull in containing physical sweepers, like Swords Dance Ogerpon wellspring, Bulk Up tusk, Iron Defense Body Press zamazenta, swords dance kingambit and others, so we are going to maximize all that into a full Iron Defense Body Press corv

Corviknight (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Roost

ID (iron defense) and BP (body Press) combined will make for a good physical wall that will hold off physical sweepers, tera dragon will help you resist attacks from mons like Ogerpon wellpring´s stabs, rillaboom choice band wood hammer and others. U-turn is for the same idea as pult. rocky helmet to punish contact moves

Tusk will become also a physically defensive mon, he will also be the stealth rock setter, which can help you towards chipping down the enemy team

Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 160 Def / 80 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Earthquake is an easy to spam move
Stealth rock will help you obtain chip damage and break focus sashes
Knock Off will help you in taking items of the enemy, which can help in your survivability
Rapid spin is for removing hazards since we are not running defog on corviknight

The EVs are something especial I created, 16 attack has a 50% chance to OHKO 0 hp 0 defense Gholdengo, and 80 speed will help you out speed timid enamorus at +1. tera poison will help you combat fairy, fighting and grass moves coming from common tusk checks like iron valiant, rillaboom, and ogerpon

Toxapex @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Def / 236 SpD
Calm Nature
- Surf
- Recover
- Toxic
- Haze

Toxapex will be your spedef wall, the 24 def will help you sustain 1 earthquake from offensive tusk, while the rest in spedef + tera fairy will help you in tanking special hits, particularly from choice specs dragapult, or choice specs walking wake
Surf is an easy to spam option that gets less walled
Recover for obvious reasons
Toxic over Tspikes because its more direct and most teams will pack either a poison type or a plan for tspikes

Hatterene (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire / Nuzzle

The hatterene will help you tank some hits while acting as a sweeper of her own, and she is a good stallbreaker as well. The 52 speed evs are for outspeeding toxapex, you can choose mystical fire to help against steels OR Nuzzle who does the same thing as Twave but will always hit unlike twaves chance for missing

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Court Change

Finally, cinderace is now a bulky mon, that can help in the hazard removal department while also providing utility
Pyro Ball is stab that will get boosted by blaze, we are running blaze over libero because we are not really using ace for full offense
Will-o-Wisp can help you in burning targets to ruin their physical damage, something that your entire team will love
U-turn to keep momentum as always
Court Change to help in sending hazards to their senders, making them uncomfortable when running hazard stacking

and that's the team, this is quite a long explanation but that's because I felt like a detailed explanation was needed, I hope you like this team more and any questions feel free to tell me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)